Post here if you found this group because of The X-Files Files!

Chris Tweten

Aug 23, 2014, 5:28:29 PM8/23/14
Along with your Twitter handle if you have one!

Talking with other XFF fans has been a truly rewarding experience, especially being new to the series. Hearing others' experiences about watching it as it aired has really added to the show and the podcasts do the same.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/ctwtn

simon....@nakedwines.com

Aug 28, 2014, 4:19:01 AM8/28/14
Yup here due to the podcast, and I actually discovered the podcast while re-watching the entire series - currently on Season 2 Excelsis Dei.

toria...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2014, 6:48:08 PM8/28/14
I did. Although, I searched through the boards and found an old post I wrote in 2000 so technically I was here before.

I love that Kumail found this and alt.tv.xfiles.creative. I've been doing random searches and reading old threads.

devl...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2014, 12:49:46 AM8/31/14
Woo! This is awesome. Thanks for reintroducing this into pop culture, Kumail.
I hope he gets a spot in the third X-Files film, assuming it ever happens.

FM luder

Sep 2, 2014, 8:38:28 PM9/2/14
On Saturday, August 23, 2014 2:28:29 PM UTC-7, Chris Tweten wrote:
love the podcast, can't get enough. watched from the 3rd episode back when it originally aired. this is gonna be my 4th time watching the whole series.

Jim Bouschor

Sep 5, 2014, 7:07:21 PM9/5/14
Yeah found this from the XFF podcast, and found that podcast from Indoor Kids. I'm a big Kumail fan and love that he is single-handedly reviving this show and the X-files community!

One question, how do i sort by date? I want to go back and read the posts that he is reading on the podcast. I don't see any "sort by" options.

Galactiac

Sep 15, 2014, 8:14:05 PM9/15/14
It's been really cool to learn that these old newsgroups were preserved. I used to bum around newsgroups and catch the X-Files occasionally since it started airing, but not until Kumail's new podcast have I decided to sit down for a full watch-through. I just finished season 1.

follow on twitter: @Galactiac

I also post on reddit as Galactiac

I'm pumped to get into this show (until it starts falling off after the first movie, but David and Gillian are a pleasure to watch even in the worst of episodes.)

Trust No One.

ftrou...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2014, 7:19:02 PM9/16/14
On Friday, September 5, 2014 4:07:21 PM UTC-7, Jim Bouschor wrote:
> Yeah found this from the XFF podcast, and found that podcast from Indoor Kids. I'm a big Kumail fan and love that he is single-handedly reviving this show and the X-files community!
>

> One question, how do i sort by date? I want to go back and read the posts that he is reading on the podcast. I don't see any "sort by" options.

Go to Filters, choose "custom" - enter some old beginning and end dates.

lingju...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2014, 11:20:55 AM9/26/14
I've been (re)watching along and love the podcast -- I only stumbled upon this board again out of a major case of Fridays at work.

I have to say my favorite episode of the podcast so far was the one posted this week with Steve Asbell, who seems to be a hilarious and hilariously dedicated nerd. I'd play his drinking game.

Richard Strahsburg

Oct 3, 2014, 4:58:23 AM10/3/14
I too found this group via XFF. It is amazing these groups are still around.

k.gra...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2014, 4:22:30 PM10/8/14
Ya! love the podcast and the X-files just started season 2. giving a re-watch since awesome that they are all on Netflix what are everyones opinions on chris carter rebooting the series?
@kylerobbinss <--twitter

Cyber kNight

Oct 9, 2014, 4:04:50 PM10/9/14
I would love to see more X-Files on TV. Preferably with the
original actors (and I would love to see the Lone Gunmen to
make a return somehow) but even if done with new actors I
would love to see it as long as it is done well.

--
--> http://www.megalextoria.com/forum2 <--

vmcampos

Oct 15, 2014, 10:48:28 PM10/15/14
I used to browse this group back in the day, but I definitely stopped by after
hearing Kumail's amazing podcast!

I'm at http://twitter.com/vmcampos

Cheers.

vmcampos

Oct 15, 2014, 11:05:23 PM10/15/14
I love the X-Files, but I feel that my memories about the series are better
than a new show.

It just won't be the same.

I don't mind seeing episodes in HD, though!

In article <xTBZv.407483$Lj7.2...@fx22.iad>, Cyber kNight

ummmm

Oct 17, 2014, 5:14:53 PM10/17/14
As said in the podcast, German versions exist that are in English and are in HD. It is really nice, it is what I have been watching. Regardless if it was made for 4:3 it still is a nice way to re-experience the show.

In the awesome case that Kumail reads this: Hi, you need to be comptroller of Harmontown more. Also I have to agree with Duncan Trussel, how can you have a video game podcast and not play Starcraft 2? :)

Ross Northrup

Oct 30, 2014, 12:49:10 AM10/30/14
love the podcast. gave me a great reason to rewatch the series over in its entirety. found the archives through reddit and they are pure gold. truly love how people are speculating everything and in tiny ways altering the show. i also enjoy how people think they can just email "dd" and chris carter. trying to do that now would not only be impossibly but it would be totally crazy and invasive.

a reboot of x files (because i've seen it mentioned on here) would be so awesome and it would great to see it done like Sherlock. short season but long episodes and pure quality. The original actors could probably swing it too. New actors would work too. It could breathe new life into the show for a new generation.

I know its unpopular to like the late seasons of the show, but I have to say that I kind of like them. Reyes and Doggett(spelling?) have a good dynamic, if you don't compare them to Mulder and Scully. They are essentially the same dynamic really, the skeptic (Doggett, Scully) and the believer (Reyes, Mulder), only the genders are reversed. Scully becomes an adviser to the x files team and a point of reference when they need help. She'll be like "i've seen something like this before" and pull out a file that connects things. Dogget even though he's the skeptic, like Mulder, he's also lost his son and continually searching. Reyes, like Scully, is sort of scientific in her process of following her believer instincts. Anyone else have thoughts on these characters, their dynamic, and other ways they mirror Mulder and Scully?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/rossbeachmont

ladamar...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2014, 1:37:50 PM11/13/14
I am also here thanks to X-Files Files. I watched the show during the original run but didn't have internet access when the early seasons were on TV. It's been great to read the archives!
You can find me on twitter: http://twitter.com/CarmelitaSays

skol...@reed.edu

Dec 9, 2014, 3:49:15 PM12/9/14
On Saturday, August 23, 2014 2:28:29 PM UTC-7, Chris Tweten wrote:
I <3 x(FILES)^2!

Thanks for bringing back the parts of my adolescence I'm actually happy to remember Kumail! I was 11 when the show started and had no idea there were such things as message boards.

My best friend and I did, however, spend hours waiting for pics of Duchovny to download on dial-up Netscape. Can I get a amen up in here?

Happy holidays and SPEEDO to you all!

John Pritchard

Dec 10, 2014, 8:31:32 AM12/10/14
I got to X-File Files via Harmontown, which lead me to check out the old newsgroups. I've started re-watching The X-Files & am so far at S01E21 Tooms. It's great going back 20 years to the emergence of mobile phones & the internet. Watching it has made me realise how easy current procedural drama wrap up using current technology.

sross.t...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2015, 1:46:05 PM1/26/15
Listening to the podcast and being reminded of how awesome this show was/is!

Ryan Maurer

Feb 4, 2015, 5:42:10 PM2/4/15
It's funny when my wife and I watched the show from start to finish, roughly 4 years ago, I was really bummed that I didn't watch it more often when it originally aired. It would have been so much fun trying to figure out what is going on in the conspiracy arc and chatting it up on the message boards. Alas, I was only 9 at the time and had no idea how TV seasons worked and to be honest the show really freaked me out so I would never have made it through all the episode.

pood...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2015, 8:19:35 PM2/4/15
On Saturday, August 23, 2014 at 5:28:29 PM UTC-4, Chris Tweten wrote:
YUP! I'm here due to Kumail's X-Files Files podcast. Can't wait to see how the new series turns out! Hoping The Lone Gunmen make appearances. Right now I'm a little ahead of the podcast and a third of the way through season 4. I am an original watcher, and collected the VHS tapes that have only certain episodes on them. I may have to get the dvd's as watching on Netflix is very annoying when it comes to the captions.

lingju...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2015, 8:29:15 PM2/4/15
> YUP! I'm here due to Kumail's X-Files Files podcast. Can't wait to see how the new series turns out! Hoping The Lone Gunmen make appearances. Right now I'm a little ahead of the podcast and a third of the way through season 4. I am an original watcher, and collected the VHS tapes that have only certain episodes on them. I may have to get the dvd's as watching on Netflix is very annoying when it comes to the captions.

Hilariously, on the subject of old XF VHS tapes, I was just in California visiting the family and in the horrifying shrine that is my bedroom filled with childhood objects is still an entire shelf of hand-labeled, meticulously organized X-Files tapes I recorded off the TV. If I still had a working VCR I would totally check them out just to see what commercials were on there.

Also, Kumail said that he was going to try and get Mitch Pileggi on the podcast! Which would be a joy, as watching him yell at Mulder was one of the key joys of my life.

Ryan Maurer

Feb 5, 2015, 10:52:46 AM2/5/15
Even though the entire series is on Netflix, every time I'm at GoodWill or any other flea market/thrift shop place and I see X-Files VHS tapes I'm always tempted to buy them. I'm a big collector of comics, vintage video games, and other visual stuff and I love the look of big VHS collections. Your self built library is a cool and unique collection any X-files fan would be happy to have!
Message has been deleted

Poppunit

Feb 11, 2015, 2:42:21 PM2/11/15
Listening to episode 7 of the podcast now and thought I'd look up this group. Psyched to see it's still active!

This is my first time watching The X-Files (I'm currently on Season 2, Episode 23: Soft Light), and the completest in me is trying to get caught up on the podcast as well.

I'm loving the show and the podcast. Very rewarding experience thus far :)

You can find me on twitter here: @poppunit

Cyber kNight

Feb 11, 2015, 5:35:58 PM2/11/15
Anonymous wrote on Thu, 05 February 2015 10:52
> Originally posted by: Ryan Maurer
I have the entire series on DVD. It's definitely worthwhile
to get the seasons on DVD if you can as I think they are
relatively inexpensive nowadays.

--
http://www.megalextoria.com:1975
http://www.megalextoria.com:1133