Sallie-safe?

pam

Feb 4, 2005, 3:15:33 AM2/4/05
What *does* it mean when authors say a story is "Sallie-safe"?

SamPiper

Feb 4, 2005, 3:30:10 AM2/4/05

pam wrote:
> What *does* it mean when authors say a story is "Sallie-safe"?

I know who it refers to :-) Salliejohns. I just think it some beta
readers injoke.

Which reminds me .. I killed another one.

I need a serious detail orientated/slavedriver mytharc versed beta
reader who can put up with my flakiness or I'm NEVER going to get this
damn thing finished.

Sam

Pattie

Feb 4, 2005, 4:19:04 PM2/4/05
"SamPiper" <samp...@aol.com> wrote in message news:<1107505810....@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>...

All right. This was brought up at Mulder's Refuge, and we went on a
wild goose chase until finally, "xphilernj" esplained it to us.

And I quote:

"Sallie is a very dear friend to alot of us writers and readers. She
is also a beta. When it comes to Mulder/Scully stories she is a
definite MSR fan. But, there are stories that she just can't handle,
and those are the ones that are extremely angsty, has alot of torture
or just too sad for her to read. She can handle mild angst as long as
it has a very happy ending."

She hoped this helped us, and I hope it helps you.

I also hope she's okay with me quoting her.

Pattie

SamPiper

Feb 4, 2005, 7:48:28 PM2/4/05

Pattie wrote:

> All right. This was brought up at Mulder's Refuge, and we went on a
> wild goose chase until finally, "xphilernj" esplained it to us.
>
> And I quote:
>
> "Sallie is a very dear friend to alot of us writers and readers. She
> is also a beta. When it comes to Mulder/Scully stories she is a
> definite MSR fan. But, there are stories that she just can't handle,
> and those are the ones that are extremely angsty, has alot of torture
> or just too sad for her to read. She can handle mild angst as long as
> it has a very happy ending."
>
> She hoped this helped us, and I hope it helps you.
>
> I also hope she's okay with me quoting her.

But it is salliejohns, right .. or is it another sallie?

I be confused ... which isn't that hard to do.

xenascully

Feb 5, 2005, 6:18:56 PM2/5/05
so, in other words, sallie-safe means the story is something she will
read? is that something people should put next to their story posts?
who is sallie? lol

sher...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2005, 6:50:13 PM2/5/05

> But it is salliejohns, right .. or is it another sallie?
>
> I be confused ... which isn't that hard to do.

Yep, it is salliejohns.

Sdani

Pattie

Feb 8, 2005, 8:49:43 PM2/8/05
sher...@gmail.com wrote in message news:<1107647413.3...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...

Should we put it beside our posts? Well, probably not, especially if
she doesn't beta our stories. But that's a good one. All kinds of
betas could have their names associated with the authors, but if one
doesn't have a beta reader, we would need to write, "Caution--Beta
Free", or maybe "Did This Without Kindly Proof-Reader".

salliehouhns is also a super writer, btw, and her collabs. have been
wonderful, as well.

Pattie

Pattie

Feb 8, 2005, 9:51:49 PM2/8/05

Should we put it beside our posts? Well, probably not, especially if