DD on XF2

Al Forno

Mar 29, 2004, 7:05:58 PM3/29/04
Duchovny Confirms X-Files 2
Former The X-Files star David Duchovny told reporters that creator Chris Carter
and series writer Frank Spotnitz are working on a script for a second X-Files
movie. "They have an idea, which they like, and they keep threatening to tell
me," Duchovny said in a news conference to promote his next film, Connie and
Carla. "They're going to tell me soon. They're just setting about writing it
now, so we'll be doing it in the next year."

>From the pieces he's heard of the idea, Duchovny said that The X-Files 2 would
function like a stand-alone episode of the series, with a major guest star.
"Apparently, what Chris and Frank have is a great X-File idea with [room for]
another actor or actress who can really score in a really great thriller/sci-fi
role," he said. "I hope that takes the [film] towards the fans, but also
towards new fans."

Duchovny did not address the involvement of Agents Scully (Gillian Anderson) or
Doggett (Robert Patrick) in the proposed sequel film. But he assured fans that
Mulder would remain unchanged. "Mulder is Mulder," Duchovny said. "That's one
of the things I learned fighting for the last three or four years on the show,
trying to change the guy or give him a French accent one day. The nature of the
character, and what I eventually learned to love about him, is he's set. The
great thing about Mulder is we know what he's going to do: what he likes, what
he loves and what he hates. We're just going to play with that, I'm sure."

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2004-03/29/13.00.film

Unbound I

Mar 29, 2004, 7:43:31 PM3/29/04
As I said on the Haven, I sure thought the original story that came from
Moviehole.com was a bad translation and that was the case. This obviously
sounds much more like David. So I think it's safe to say that the comments
David first made when promoting the video game were on the money. He knew
Carter was working on a script and believed a film would be made. And Gillian
has also echoed those comments recently as well, which leads me to believe
Carter has been in touch with both of them or perhaps it was David who told
Gillian more about what he knew when they had lunch recently.
So basically what we have in the last six months or so are David talking
more specifically about a second XF film than he ever has before (when he was
out promoting the video game thing); Carter showing up on the Fox lot (yes he
was working on a related project but I still believe his sudden appearance
there was no coincidence and now that we have direct confirmation he's working
on a script I believe that more than ever), the rumors about Fox possibly
sub-licensing TXF to a distributor such as ArcLight; David and Carter getting
together to have lunch; David and Gillian getting together to have lunch and
now David talking even more in-depth about a possible second film. All of these
things could mean nothing unto themselves, but taken together it wouldn't
surprise me if a picture is beginning to develop.
As far as Gillian's involvement, I think we can safely assume she'll be the
co-star of any XF film. I don't think that's an issue. As far as Patrick, well
... <b>
I had been told awhile back that Carter had submitted a "treatment" to Fox
for a second film. Whether this current story he and Spotnitz are working on is
connected to that or something separate I don't know. But it would appear the
ball is rolling. Things could start to get interesting.

Unbound I

Check out my book about The X-Files at
http://www.trafford.com/robots/02-0625.html