Animals as Host ...

Freakster

Mar 25, 2001, 3:45:25 PM3/25/01
The Goa'uld may be able to take animals as hosts. The answer to that
question will also come early on in Season Five...

from http://www.thesumners.com/stargate/s5/index.html

So, my question is this, why would anyone think they wouldn't be able to?
They are aliens anyway, why should it matter what species their host is...
the only requirement I can see is size and circlulatory...

Hammer

Mar 25, 2001, 5:26:24 PM3/25/01

"Freakster" <jrc...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

In "Hathor" we're told that a Queen must take DNA from the proposed host
species so that rejection with the larva doesn't occur. Animals and humans may
share some genetic markers since they both developed on Earth, but it may not
be enough.

Nadia

Mar 25, 2001, 5:42:15 PM3/25/01

"Freakster" <jrc...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message

Presumably they can, but they won't because :

*The opposable thumb!! Humans can manipulate things with greater dexterity
than a dog say. They can hold weapons - a dog could not, nor could any other
earth creature. Therefore humans are much better for using things.
* Vocal chords. Not that many animals are probably capable of mimicking the
voice structure of humanoid spieces. A Goa'uld will need to communicate with
other Goa'uld and, as they're all already in human hosts, it will need a
humanoid host for this. Ergo can't go in.
* Demeaning.No grubby animal is good enugh..

If stuck as a last resort I guess they would but again the problem is that
the Goa'uld are tailored for a particular spieces through the mating process
with the queen. So therefore they can't just leap from human to dog - the
DNA is incompatible (despite the 9x% similarity).Maybe it'd last a short
while (as Im guessing) but not long enough. So they'd never chose to try.
But technically presumably its ok if they went about it the right way

Nadia

12hioD

Mar 25, 2001, 7:01:17 PM3/25/01

"Freakster" <jrc...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The Goa'uld may be able to take animals as hosts. The answer to that
> question will also come early on in Season Five...
>
> from http://www.thesumners.com/stargate/s5/index.html

I can't think of a more freaky horror movie with that of a cat whose eyes
glow and speaks in a deep voice.

> So, my question is this, why would anyone think they wouldn't be able to?
> They are aliens anyway, why should it matter what species their host is...
> the only requirement I can see is size and circlulatory...

Perhaps because animals' brains (and stuff) aren't as developed as humans...
One cou'ld think that if his brain weren't so goodly developed.

--
"To infinity and beyond!"

Kevin

Mar 25, 2001, 7:08:32 PM3/25/01
Can not help but laugh as such a plot suggestion.

Cat to O'Neill: Bow down to me!
O'Neill to cat: Back in the cage kitty.

DeathBunny

Mar 25, 2001, 9:31:21 PM3/25/01
I want "Lord God Apophis" the Orangutan...

--
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism
while the wolf remains of a different opinion."

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Run away! Run Away!"
-King Arthur, Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable.
-- John F. Kennedy
"Kevin" <newlo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mike Burke

Mar 26, 2001, 4:28:44 AM3/26/01
The spoilers for The First Ones are within the last paragraph, so I
am placing the spoiler space before that paragraph to permit those that
want to read only the non-spoiler text to do so without being spoiled.
Mb

Nadia wrote:

> "Freakster" <jrc...@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > The Goa'uld may be able to take animals as hosts. The answer to that
>
> > question will also come early on in Season Five...
> >
> > from http://www.thesumners.com/stargate/s5/index.html
> >
> > So, my question is this, why would anyone think they wouldn't be
> able to?
> > They are aliens anyway, why should it matter what species their host
> is...
> > the only requirement I can see is size and circlulatory...
> >

> Presumably they can, but they won't because :
>
> *The opposable thumb!! Humans can manipulate things with greater
> dexterity
> than a dog say. They can hold weapons - a dog could not, nor could any
> other
> earth creature. Therefore humans are much better for using things.

Chimps, Gorillas, Orangs, and Baboons, along with many of the primate
species have the opposable thumb, but their brains are probably not
developed enough for a Goa'uld to be able to do more than survive and
have rudimentary control in one of these creatures. I think it's a
question of brain power as well as genetics.

I've been thinking about the question of how the Goa'uld snake is
able to be so intelligent with so little brain mass. I think the answer
to this problem can be found in the Goa'uld capacity for genetic memory.
A Goa'uld snake in the wild (without a host) would probably be operating
off of the skill sets provided by its brain. This would be mostly
survival and seeking-out-a-host skills. The genetic memories may be
inaccessible to the snake, even though they are contained within its
body.

It's like a CD Rom disk that contains programs and information. That
information is within the disk, but the disk can't do any thing with it.
It is only when the disk is inserted into a computer and run through the
processor that the information, or program, is accessible. If you put a
CD copy of a game into a computer that is not advanced enough for that
game and try to play it, the game might run slowly, or it might not be
able to run at all. A Goa'uld in a baboon host might be able to control
the baboon's actions, but it might be like trying to play Sim City on a
Radio Shack TRS-80 computer.

> * Vocal chords. Not that many animals are probably capable of
> mimicking the
> voice structure of humanoid spieces. A Goa'uld will need to
> communicate with
> other Goa'uld and, as they're all already in human hosts, it will need
> humanoid host for this. Ergo can't go in.

Gorillas, Chimps and Baboons are probably the closest to Humans
genetically, but there are still major differences in the anatomy. A
baboon's vocal cords are in a different part of the throat than a
Human's vocal cords. If a baboon were to be suddenly given the knowledge
of how to speak a Human language, it would still have great difficulty
in trying to speak that language because there would be many Human words
that would be unpronounceable.

> * Demeaning.No grubby animal is good enugh..

There is also the question of the social structure (if any) in which
these animals live. Take Baboons. A Goa'uld / baboon would probably end
up breaking too many of the social rules within the troop (maintaining
one's place in the social ranking, avoiding direct eye contact, etc.)
and be cast out or be seriously injured in a fight. Even if the Goa'uld
took a host that was one of the bachelor males, outside the troop, it
would still probably cause that baboon to exhibit behavior that the
other baboons could not accept.

> If stuck as a last resort I guess they would but again the problem is
> that
> the Goa'uld are tailored for a particular spieces through the mating
> process
> with the queen. So therefore they can't just leap from human to dog -
> the
> DNA is incompatible (despite the 9x% similarity).Maybe it'd last a
> short
> while (as Im guessing) but not long enough. So they'd never chose to
> try.
> But technically presumably its ok if they went about it the right way

Spoiler space added here.

I don't think that the genetics of the host is as limiting a factor
as you, and others, have suggested. Look at the snakes living in that
lake in The First Ones. They had not been bread by a queen that had
taken genetic material from a Human. They had been taking the Unas, and
any other animals and/or aliens that happened to venture too close to
the water. Yet, these snakes seemed to have no problem taking over Human
hosts. And that archaeologist friend of Daniel's (I forgot his name)
showed no indication that his body was rejecting the snake.

These snakes may not have had the vast store of genetic information
that Apophis has, but they may have off-world memories from Goa'uld who
chose to return to their home world.

Mike

Robert Navarro

Mar 26, 2001, 8:20:46 AM3/26/01
All very good point. Social structure, opposable thumbs, brain size, but
when it comes down to it the Goa'uld in the first ones were primative and
dwelling in the water. If they were lucky they would infect a Unas. But as
we say in "The First Ones" the Unas are aboriginal and not verry
sofisticated. Much like Primates compared to Humans.

It makes you wonder how the Goa'uld ever made it into space. The Unas were
definitely not capable of such refinements. I am betting it had to do with
the Asguard. One of them probably showed up on the planet to put a stargate
into place (or which ever race is responcible for the gates), pritty soon
there is a small interstellar colony on ht eplanet, then one of them goes
for a bath and now you have a Goa'uld alien. Now the Goa'uld collects the
memories of the alien, but the alien isn't very strong or phisically
desireble. So it's back to the Unas with all the memories of an Asguard.
--
Hail to the King Baby!
Lord Bob A. Navarro
"Mike Burke" <mike...@primary.net> wrote in message

Transcend

Mar 26, 2001, 9:03:04 AM3/26/01
Robert Navarro wrote:

> All very good point. Social structure, opposable thumbs, brain size, but
> when it comes down to it the Goa'uld in the first ones were primative and
> dwelling in the water. If they were lucky they would infect a Unas. But as
> we say in "The First Ones" the Unas are aboriginal and not verry
> sofisticated. Much like Primates compared to Humans.
>
> It makes you wonder how the Goa'uld ever made it into space. The Unas were
> definitely not capable of such refinements. I am betting it had to do with
> the Asguard. One of them probably showed up on the planet to put a
> stargate into place (or which ever race is responcible for the gates),
> pritty soon there is a small interstellar colony on ht eplanet, then one
> of them goes for a bath and now you have a Goa'uld alien. Now the Goa'uld
> collects the memories of the alien, but the alien isn't very strong or
> phisically desireble. So it's back to the Unas with all the memories of an
> Asguard. --

<snip>

The Ancients are the ones *originally* responsable for the building of the
stargate system. Although it's possible some other advanced race came along
and placed it there or built that particular one.

--
Natural selection won't matter soon, not anywhere as much as concious
selection. We will civilize and alter ourselves to suit our ideas of what

Khepri

Mar 26, 2001, 4:42:27 PM3/26/01
DeathBunny <todkan...@home.com> wrote in message

> I want "Lord God Apophis" the Orangutan...
>
> > Can not help but laugh as such a plot suggestion.
> >
> > Cat to O'Neill: Bow down to me!
> > O'Neill to cat: Back in the cage kitty.

*ROTFLOL*

May I add,
"KNEEL ! , before your Lord God Apophis, 'King of the Swingers' " Yes, I
see the forthcoming Disney lawsuits !

Has anyone else got any suggestions, because I'll probably spend tomorrow's
lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid ! :o)
--
Khepri
Lord ! we know what we are, but know not what we may be.

chimera

Mar 26, 2001, 6:02:18 PM3/26/01
Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> daubed in large, threatening, letters
across the padded walls of their cell:

>Has anyone else got any suggestions, because I'll probably spend tomorrow's
>lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid ! :o)

The thought of the white cat being in charge of the supervillain is just
too weird :^)

--
/` |_ . _ _ ,_ _ aka Mr Kristen Steward BSc (Hons) AstPhys
\, | | | ||| (/, | /~\ chi...@groundspring.demon.co.uk

200...@wongfaye.com

Mar 26, 2001, 7:39:42 PM3/26/01
or what about a dolphin

i am assuming they have to go into a big animal with a big brain

no way one could fit in a rat,cat,dog,deer
maybe a cow

chimera <chi...@groundspring.demon.co.uk> wrote:
: Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> daubed in large, threatening, letters

DeathBunny

Mar 26, 2001, 9:16:36 PM3/26/01
An Anaconda...

...<grin>

Tyranasuarus Apophis...

...Eyes flash...ribbon device flashes...and Apophis Rex screams...

"I can't hit ANYTHING with these stupid little arms!"

--
"It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism
while the wolf remains of a different opinion."
-W.R. Inge

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch.
Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
- Benjamin Franklin

"Run away! Run Away!"
-King Arthur, Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable.
-- John F. Kennedy

<200...@wongfaye.com> wrote in message

Kevin

Mar 27, 2001, 12:58:35 AM3/27/01
200...@wongfaye.com wrote:

> or what about a dolphin

Rent Johnny Mnemonic

> i am assuming they have to go into a big animal with a big brain
> no way one could fit in a rat,cat,dog,deer

In a moment of brilliance, Carter aim's the jeep's headlights at the
deer. Invasion stopped.

> maybe a cow

Hammond could tip them over at night after downing a few.

Mike Burke

Mar 27, 2001, 5:11:04 AM3/27/01
Spoiler space added.

Robert Navarro wrote:

> All very good point. Social structure, opposable thumbs, brain size,
> but
> when it comes down to it the Goa'uld in the first ones were primative
> and
> dwelling in the water. If they were lucky they would infect a Unas.
> But as
> we say in "The First Ones" the Unas are aboriginal and not verry
> sofisticated. Much like Primates compared to Humans.

No major argument from me on that.

Even though they are primitive by "civilized" Human standards, the
Unas are still much more advanced than the non-human primates on Earth.
The Unas were shown using crude tools and recording events and
activities in drawings on the cave walls. This indicates that the Unas'
brain has evolved to the point where it can deal with some basic
abstract concepts like language and representations. This also indicates
that they have developed the dexterity needed to use simple tools. The
Unas may be at the low end of the range of development that the Gao'uld
could effectively control. In some ways the Unas may be a better host
than Humans because the Unas would be easier to control.

I cited the events in The First Ones as an example of how the snakes
could take control of species that their queen had not taken genetic
material from.

> It makes you wonder how the Goa'uld ever made it into space. The Unas
> were
> definitely not capable of such refinements. I am betting it had to do
> with
> the Asguard. One of them probably showed up on the planet to put a
> stargate
> into place (or which ever race is responcible for the gates), pritty
> soon
> there is a small interstellar colony on ht eplanet, then one of them
> goes
> for a bath and now you have a Goa'uld alien. Now the Goa'uld collects
> the
> memories of the alien, but the alien isn't very strong or phisically
> desireble. So it's back to the Unas with all the memories of an
> Asguard.

Again, no big argument here. But, I'm not sure that the early alien
exposure would have been with the Asguard. It could have been with the
Ancients, who have been said to have been the original gate builders.

I think that there could have been many of these snakes that have
made it off the planet over the years that never connected with the
Goa'uld. And for various reasons (like infecting a being that is too
advanced, or the infection was detected and the infected being was
rejected by its kind), these snakes return to their home world. These
snakes would then contribute their off world knowledge and experiences
to the genetic memory of the future generations of the snakes there.

Mike

> "Mike Burke" <mike...@primary.net> wrote in message

Snipped quite a bit of my earlier comments.

Mike Burke

Mar 27, 2001, 5:32:27 AM3/27/01
Khepri wrote:

> DeathBunny <todkan...@home.com> wrote in message
> > I want "Lord God Apophis" the Orangutan...
> >
> > > Can not help but laugh as such a plot suggestion.
> > >
> > > Cat to O'Neill: Bow down to me!
> > > O'Neill to cat: Back in the cage kitty.
>
> *ROTFLOL*
>
> May I add,
> "KNEEL ! , before your Lord God Apophis, 'King of the Swingers' "
> Yes, I
> see the forthcoming Disney lawsuits !

Now there's a fun thought. I'm not sure that Apophis would be able to
control King Louie. That singing is infectious. As Baloo said "Man. Dig
that crazy beat!" I can just see a legion of Jaf'fa swinging as Apophis
sings "I wanna walk like you . . . " <g>

Here's another idea.

The Goa'uld take over a band of Gorillas and venture into a city.
Unfortunately, they do so during the weekend that the new Planet Of The
Apes feature opens. "Hey fellas, you're late. Great make up. Now, go in
to the lobby and mingle with the audience, but try not to frighten them
too much."

Mike

DeathBunny

CYBER BORG

Mar 27, 2001, 9:30:01 AM3/27/01

Khepri wrote:
<<<May I add,
"KNEEL ! , before your Lord God Apophis, 'King of the Swingers' " Yes, I
see the forthcoming Disney lawsuits !
Has anyone else got any suggestions, because I'll probably spend
tomorrow's lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid !
:o) >>>

Alrighteee ~ then , might as well get the nice folks at Milton Bradley
pissed off too.

So how about we continue along the very same lines and introduce
everyone to ....

HATHOR the "Hungry Hungry Hippo"

" HeH HeH HeH " , it sounded really very funny and refers to the
board game.

Carl ..........

.

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 2:53:12 PM3/27/01
Mike Burke <mike...@primary.net> wrote in message
> > > I want "Lord God Apophis" the Orangutan...

> > May I add,
> > "KNEEL ! , before your Lord God Apophis, 'King of the Swingers' "
>
> Now there's a fun thought. I'm not sure that Apophis would be able to
> control King Louie. That singing is infectious. As Baloo said "Man. Dig
> that crazy beat!" I can just see a legion of Jaf'fa swinging as Apophis
> sings "I wanna walk like you . . . " <g>

Lots & Lots of laughter ! I can just imagine the scene with lots of Teal'c
look-a-likes dancing in the background ! :o)

> Here's another idea.
>
> The Goa'uld take over a band of Gorillas and venture into a city.
> Unfortunately, they do so during the weekend that the new Planet Of The
> Apes feature opens. "Hey fellas, you're late. Great make up. Now, go in
> to the lobby and mingle with the audience, but try not to frighten them
> too much."

Excellent !

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 3:00:23 PM3/27/01
CYBER BORG <CYBER-...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> I'll probably spend
> tomorrow's lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid !
> :o) >>>
>
> Alrighteee ~ then , might as well get the nice folks at Milton Bradley
> pissed off too.

Who or what is Milton Bradley ?

> So how about we continue along the very same lines and introduce
> everyone to ....
>
> HATHOR the "Hungry Hungry Hippo"

The image of the dancing hippos from "Fantasia" springs to mind ! :o)

I'll have a couple of others in an hour or so.....I just bet you can't wait!
All the posters to this thread deserve a prize. Haven't had this much fun in
ages !....Honest !

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 2:49:58 PM3/27/01
DeathBunny <todkan...@home.com> wrote in message
<Snip> An Anaconda...

> ...<grin>
>
> Tyranasuarus Apophis...
>
> ...Eyes flash...ribbon device flashes...and Apophis Rex screams...
>
> "I can't hit ANYTHING with these stupid little arms!"

You don't know how just funny that is ! I just saw the BBC new commercial
for raking in its tv licence money. It uses the T.Rex and furry mammals from
"Walking With Dinosaurs" series.

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 2:55:07 PM3/27/01
> You Damn dirty apes!!!!!

Perhaps a bad Jimmy Cagney impersonation, "You, ...You dirty Goa'uld" !

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 2:46:45 PM3/27/01
chimera <chi...@groundspring.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
<Snip>

> The thought of the white cat being in charge of the supervillain is just
> too weird :^)

"Talk, ...O'Neill ? No, I expect you die" O'Neill gets zapped by cat's
collar weapon :o)

Khepri

Mar 27, 2001, 5:46:59 PM3/27/01

> Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> daubed in large, threatening, letters
> across the padded walls of their cell:
>
> >Has anyone else got any suggestions, because I'll probably spend
tomorrow's
> >lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid ! :o)

Well, here they are....don't say I didn't warn you. :o)

No.1 - Goa'uld inhabits a morphing Terminator. "Husta la vista, O'Neill"

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

No.2
(Very loosely based on an old Australian tv show called, 'Skippy, the Bush
Kangaroo').....With apologies in advance to the groups' Aussie posters.

The Scene - Goa'uld spies are currently hiding out in the Australian
countryside trying to blend into their environment. One has occupied the
host of a human Park Ranger. Apophis has inhabited a kangaroo.

Kanga' - "Tch, Tch, Tch....Tch, Tch"

In a dire, phoney Aussie accent, with deep gravelly tone, P.R. replies,
P.R. - "What's that 'Poph' ? You're trying to get used to bouncing
and jumping ? "

Kanga' - "Tch, Tch.....Tch, Tch, Tch ...Tch !"
P.R. - "fair dinkum, 'Poph' !....You don't say.....you think you
need a doctor ?"

Kanga' - "TCH, TCH, TCH.....TCH, TCH, ....TCH !!"
P.R. - "Well, serves you bloody well right for taking over a
bouncing marsupial !....If you're going to jump over barbed wire fences, at
least make sure you can clear them. Okay, .....let's get you back to the
sarcophagus and we'll get your balls stitched back on ! " Otherwise I
couldn't give a four X."

Cue end title music, " 'Pophis, 'Pophis, 'Pophis the Bush Kangaroo"

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
No.3 comes tomorrow. It's quite long and my machine froze up before I could
send it. I had to retype all of the above !"

Ranger Bob

Mar 27, 2001, 7:30:20 PM3/27/01
On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:00:23 +0100, "Khepri" <khe...@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>CYBER BORG <CYBER-...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I'll probably spend
>> tomorrow's lunchtime thinking up more.....Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid !
>> :o) >>>
>>
>> Alrighteee ~ then , might as well get the nice folks at Milton Bradley
>> pissed off too.
>
>Who or what is Milton Bradley ?

One of the biggest (maybe the biggest) boardgame companies in
the world. :)

Ranger Bob

"Only the Americans could build a place like this out in the jungle...Only the Americans would want to."

DeathBunny

Jette Goldie

Mar 28, 2001, 9:12:57 AM3/28/01

Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> No.2
> (Very loosely based on an old Australian tv show called, 'Skippy, the Bush
> Kangaroo').....With apologies in advance to the groups' Aussie posters.
>
> The Scene - Goa'uld spies are currently hiding out in the Australian
> countryside trying to blend into their environment. One has occupied the
> host of a human Park Ranger. Apophis has inhabited a kangaroo.
>
> Kanga' - "Tch, Tch, Tch....Tch, Tch"
>
> In a dire, phoney Aussie accent, with deep gravelly tone, P.R. replies,
> P.R. - "What's that 'Poph' ? You're trying to get used to
bouncing
> and jumping ? "
>
> Kanga' - "Tch, Tch.....Tch, Tch, Tch ...Tch !"
> P.R. - "fair dinkum, 'Poph' !....You don't say.....you think
you
> need a doctor ?"
>
> Kanga' - "TCH, TCH, TCH.....TCH, TCH, ....TCH !!"
> P.R. - "Well, serves you bloody well right for taking over a
> bouncing marsupial !....If you're going to jump over barbed wire fences,
at
> least make sure you can clear them. Okay, .....let's get you back to the
> sarcophagus and we'll get your balls stitched back on ! " Otherwise I
> couldn't give a four X."
>
> Cue end title music, " 'Pophis, 'Pophis, 'Pophis the Bush Kangaroo"

Hmmmm - less coffee for you, my lad! <g>

--
Jette
boss...@scotlandmail.com

Stephen Crocker

Mar 28, 2001, 9:49:39 AM3/28/01
Before being shot for writing message <hFvv6.12173$wj1.1...@news1.rdc1.ab.home.com>
"12hioD" <ass...@spam.equals.death.com> wrote:

> > So, my question is this, why would anyone think they wouldn't be able to?
> > They are aliens anyway, why should it matter what species their host is...
> > the only requirement I can see is size and circlulatory...
> >

> Perhaps because animals' brains (and stuff) aren't as developed as humans...
> One cou'ld think that if his brain weren't so goodly developed.

Well, think about the Unas...

--
x^ ( ) _________ // Email: mailto:cr...@crok.demon.co.uk
< U O |_|_|_|_|_| O || WWW: http://www.crok.demon.co.uk

Ranger Bob

Mar 28, 2001, 12:35:07 PM3/28/01
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 02:58:33 GMT, "DeathBunny" <todkan...@home.com>
wrote:

>"You Damn dirty apes!!!!!"

>Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes...
>
>...when he saw the Statue of Liberty...

Nope. He says that when he is captured and is hanging from the
net in downtown Apeville. "I think the entire quote is "Get your paws
off me, you damn dirty apes", but it's been a while since I saw that
movie. Personally, I prefered Soilent Green and The Omega Man to the
ape movies. Just can't get enough of those 1970's 'end of the world'
flicks! :)
When he sees the Staue of Liberty he laments "You finally did
it..." and then rambles on about blowing it all up. :)

CYBER BORG

Mar 28, 2001, 2:55:20 PM3/28/01

Captain Kangaroo is called to the set in the midst of an early one
morning panic only to find bodies are strewn everywhere and his life
long old friend Mr. Greenjeans is unconscious & cold on the floor.

And that , Mr. Moa'oose , has learned how to talk and for some reason
his eyes glow.

Mr. Moa'oose ~ HeH HeH HeH ....!!

thank you , i'll be here all week..........!!

Carl .........

.

Dalton Spence

Mar 28, 2001, 11:25:19 PM3/28/01
On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 14:45:25 -0600, "Freakster" <jrc...@nospam.hotmail.com>
wrote:

> The Goa'uld may be able to take animals as hosts. The answer to that
> question will also come early on in Season Five...

> from http://www.thesumners.com/stargate/s5/index.html

> So, my question is this, why would anyone think they wouldn't be able to?

> They are aliens anyway, why should it matter what species their host is...
> the only requirement I can see is size and circlulatory...

IIRC, weren't the Tollans going to put Korel(sp?) into an animal to
send him home when they freed Skara(sp?) of him?

--
@==================================================@
| Dalton S. Spence, B.Sc. <dalton...@hwcn.org> |

Mike Burke

Mar 29, 2001, 2:13:41 AM3/29/01
Mike Burke wrote:

> Khepri wrote:

Snipped old stuff.

> > May I add,
> > "KNEEL ! , before your Lord God Apophis, 'King of the Swingers' "
> > Yes, I
> > see the forthcoming Disney lawsuits !
>
> Now there's a fun thought. I'm not sure that Apophis would be able
> control King Louie. That singing is infectious. As Baloo said "Man.
> Dig
> that crazy beat!" I can just see a legion of Jaf'fa swinging as
> Apophis
> sings "I wanna walk like you . . . " <g>
>
> Here's another idea.
>
> The Goa'uld take over a band of Gorillas and venture into a city.
> Unfortunately, they do so during the weekend that the new Planet Of
> The
> Apes feature opens. "Hey fellas, you're late. Great make up. Now, go
> in
> to the lobby and mingle with the audience, but try not to frighten
> them
> too much."
>
> Mike

In keeping with the musical cleleb. animal theme, I offer this
sound bite.

Apophis (singing):

And-now-bow-down-be-fore-your-god
For-if-you-don't-it's-ja-fa-kree.

Dave (shouting):

ALVIN!

Mike

There are occasional benefits to not being the first in line:
It is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

-- expanded from a quote in the Aviation USK catalog

Gizmo_Goddard

Mar 29, 2001, 3:11:53 PM3/29/01
Dalton Spence wrote in message <99udff$j...@james.hwcn.org>...

>IIRC, weren't the Tollans going to put Korel(sp?) into an
animal to
>send him home when they freed Skara(sp?) of him?

Nope, if you watch the closing scenes carefully, you can see the
Tok'ra carrying the snake out in a big jar. The Tollans told
Lyra that Clorel would be sent to the Goa'uld planet of his
choice.

__!_!__
Gizmo

Eva

Mar 30, 2001, 3:22:57 AM3/30/01
Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> I'll have a couple of others in an hour or so.....I just bet you
can't wait!
> All the posters to this thread deserve a prize. Haven't had this
much fun in
> ages !....Honest !

Having just read all of this thread (so far) and having had a good
laugh (thanks everyone), I have to wonder how any of us will watch
the relevant episode with a straight face! I pity the writers...
:-)

Eva

--
Join the Stargate SG-1 SETI@home Team
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_46150.html

Khepri

Mar 30, 2001, 1:43:30 PM3/30/01
Eva <ev...@Removeukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > I'll have a couple of others in an hour or so.....I just bet you
> can't wait!

> Having just read all of this thread (so far) and having had a good

> laugh (thanks everyone), I have to wonder how any of us will watch
> the relevant episode with a straight face! I pity the writers...
> :-)

I do have one more to post and it's a bit on the lengthy side. After I
typed it up, and just IMMEDIATELY before I pressed the 'send' button my
machine froze up on me. The computer is now applying to the Social Welfare
Department for Abused Computers for Refuge from Irate Owners. It's unlikely
I'll have the time tonight to do it........Watch this space.....if you dare

Khepri

Mar 30, 2001, 1:57:46 PM3/30/01
Jette Goldie <boss...@scotlandmail.com> wrote in message

> Hmmmm - less coffee for you, my lad! <g>

Wot ! No coffee........? I only drink one mug a week, usually on a
Saturday morning. HOWEVER, I have been drinking a lot of Red Bull lately.
Perhaps that's where my creative genius is coming from........or not. :o)
However there is just one more to come. 'No one in cyberspace can hear you
scream' !

Khepri

Mar 31, 2001, 3:43:53 PM3/31/01
Jette Goldie <boss...@scotlandmail.com> wrote in message
<Snip>

> Hmmmm - less coffee for you, my lad! <g>

An apocryphal tale with a British flavour. Best read slowly to savour what
is to come. Perhaps enjoyed with a glass of chianti. :o)

The Scene. The Tok'ra currently supervise a 'zoo' of animals that have been
taken over by the Goa'uld. They also keep other animal specimens. Teal'c is
invited to come along and help look after them.

DAY 1
Teal'c is taken round the zoo by the Head Keeper and shown the different
animals that he's going to be feeding and looking after over the next few
days. He's taken to the aviary where they keep their birds which includes
rare finches and other exotic specimens. After that he's shown the Ape
House and the apiary, where they keep honey bees. Finally, he's shown the
Goa'uld lions, but the Head Keeper tells Teal'c that he has to be very
careful with them, because they'll eat absolutely anything.

DAY 2
Under the supervision of the Head Keeper, Teal'c feeds the birds, the
monkeys, the bees and the lions. The Keeper, satisfied with Teal'cs
performance decides he can go on holiday for a few days, knowing his animals
are in safe hands.

DAY 3
The next morning, Teal'c turns up at the Bird House to discover that
some of the birds, including the rare finches are lying dead on the ground.
Teal'c panics and wonders what he can do. Over the background noise of the
other animals, he hears the lions and remembers the Keeper saying they'll
eat anything. So, he sweeps up the birds and throws them to the lions who
devour them.
Teal'c then goes to the Ape House, and to his horror, he finds some
chimpanzees also lying dead on the floor. Again, he panics and carries the
corpses over to the lion cages who once again eat the cadavers.
Teal'c then thinks what else could possibly go wrong today. He makes his
way to the bee hives and they start swarming around him and sting him.
(Remember he's basically immune). Teal'c defends himself by lashing out at
them, swatting them with his hands and stamping on them. The bees
eventually calm down and fly back to their hives. Teal'c sweeps up the
flattened bees and, yes, you've guessed it, gives them to the lions. As the
lions next on his list he decides they've already had too much to eat.
Teal'c leaves to carry out other duties.

DAY 4
Teal'c turns up the next day at the aviary, and to his horror, there are
more birds lying dead on the ground. Again he sweeps them up and gives them
to the lions. At the monkey-house there are more chimpanzees lying dead and
Teal'c gives them to the lions. When he gets to the bee-house, they swarm
and attack him. Teal'c does his best to defend himself and lashes out at
them. Once they've calmed down. The dead are once again given to the lions.
Again, Teal'c doesn't bother to give the lions their food as he's already
fed them.

DAYS 5, 6 & 7
These exact same events occur over the next two days. He finds more
dead
birds, monkeys and bees. All of which are given to the lions. Teal'c
wonders how he's going to explain this to Head Keeper who is due to return
tomorrow.

DAY 8
Teal'c greets the Head Keeper who asks if he had any problems. Teal'c
genuinely says there were no problems which he couldn't handle.
Teal'c excuses himself and heads to the gate and home.
The Head Keeper starts to do his rounds but goes first to the lions and
asks them, "How did you get on with the new guy ?"
One of the lions replies, "Well, he started off well, and then we didn't
think much of him."
The Keeper asks, surprised, " Oh !, Why's that ?"
The lion replied, "Well all we've had to eat for the last few days
is........

'Finches', 'chimps' and mushy 'bees' !

(I did say it had a British flavour to it !)

Jette Goldie

Mar 31, 2001, 4:15:02 PM3/31/01

Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> wrote

> The Head Keeper starts to do his rounds but goes first to the lions
and
> asks them, "How did you get on with the new guy ?"
> One of the lions replies, "Well, he started off well, and then we didn't
> think much of him."
> The Keeper asks, surprised, " Oh !, Why's that ?"
> The lion replied, "Well all we've had to eat for the last few days
> is........
>
> 'Finches', 'chimps' and mushy 'bees' !

AAAAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I throw peanuts at him? That's what we do to punsters
in Callahans Bar!

Khepri

Apr 1, 2001, 5:27:29 AM4/1/01

> AAAAAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Can I throw peanuts at him? That's what we do to punsters
> in Callahans Bar!

As I'm already paid peanuts, this would constitute a pay rise ! :o)

Khepri

Apr 1, 2001, 2:11:59 PM4/1/01
Khepri <khe...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:3l6w6.36120>

<Snip>
> > The thought of the white cat being in charge of the supervillain is just
> > too weird :^)
>
> "Talk, ...O'Neill ? No, I expect you die" O'Neill gets zapped by cat's
> collar weapon :o)

Khepri adds to his own message, the above spoken by Auric Goa'ld-finger !
....Sorry folks....you can't keep a good Sun-god down !

Brian Garrett

Apr 1, 2001, 2:36:33 PM4/1/01
Apophis the sloth
Bow........Before..........Your.......God.......Hey ......slow.....
down......quit.......walking.......away........

"Gizmo_Goddard" <marka...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

Khepri

Apr 1, 2001, 3:11:34 PM4/1/01
Brian Garrett <bkga...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> Apophis the sloth
> down......quit.......walking.......away........

Excellent.......now if we could get them to take over some lemurs (the ones
with the wide eyes) we could save on local taxes and substitute them for
traffic lights :o)

AMY

Apr 1, 2001, 7:16:03 PM4/1/01
hehehe...mental picture....heheh