"South Park" misses first-ever deadline due to power outage

David

Oct 16, 2013, 6:03:23 PM10/16/13
Comedy Central to Air Encore Presentation of "South Park" Tonight Due
to Power Outage at South Park Studios

On Tuesday night, South Park Studios lost power. From animation to
rendering to editing and sound, all of their computers were down for
hours and they were unable to finish episode 1704 "Goth Kids 3: Dawn
of the Posers" in time for air tonight.

Trey Parker said, "It sucks to miss an air date but after all these
years of tempting fate by delivering the show last minute, I guess it
was bound to happen."

"Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" will air next Wednesday, October
23rd.

In place tonight Comedy Central will air a Live-Tweeted presentation
of "Scott Tenorman Must Die" at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

Tony Calguire

Oct 16, 2013, 7:36:46 PM10/16/13
David <diml...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> "Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers" will air next Wednesday, October
> 23rd.
>
> In place tonight Comedy Central will air a Live-Tweeted presentation
> of "Scott Tenorman Must Die" at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

That's funny... I've been thinking about making a pot of chili.

Lord Vader III

Oct 16, 2013, 7:59:24 PM10/16/13
They run on that tight of a schedule where the episode airs less than a
day after it's actually finished?

LVIII

Barb May

Oct 16, 2013, 8:23:51 PM10/16/13
If I remember correctly from a "making of" show, they were routinely
delivering the show only a couple of hours before it was supposed to
air.

--
Barb

Barry Margolin

Oct 16, 2013, 11:08:21 PM10/16/13
In article <l3n997$7si$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
Yes. There have been a number of episodes that far more "ripped from the
headlines" than anything on CSI or L&O -- sometimes based on events that
happened less than a week before the show.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA