music substitution on South Park Freemium episode

weary flake

Oct 12, 2015, 6:59:43 PM10/12/15
There was a music substitution on last season's South Park
Freemium episode: the "drink reponsibly" part used to have
Dave Grusin's Ascension to Virginity song playing in the
background, a song from the Candy (1968) soundtrack, which
was also used on the Ocean's Twelve (2004) soundtrack. It's
been replaced by something unidentifiable. So an unusual
kitschy song was replaced by something generic.

Barry Margolin

Oct 12, 2015, 8:13:04 PM10/12/15
In article <201510121559423...@gmail.com>,
Sounds like they ran into a licensing problem that didn't come up when
the episode was first aired.

Speaking of music licensing, some show I watched over the weekend had
them singing "Happy Birthday". I wonder if they originally filmed it
with some other song, but reshot that scene after the court declared it
public domain a couple of weeks ago.

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA