SNL impersonators meet their impersonatees

Buno

Dec 31, 2003, 6:32:48 PM12/31/03
Seeing the re-run of Janet Reno appearing on the Janet Reno Show with Will, it
brough to mind:

*Will as Janet meets Janet
* WIll as Trebek meets Trebek
* Will as Lipton meets Lipton

So I think Will probably holds the record in that department. Other ones that
come to mind include Carvey meets (old) Bush, and Breuer-Pesci meets Joe
Pesci... not to mention Fallon meets Deniro (lil bit, lil bit).

Who am I forgetting?

----
The sun is set. The stars shine in the sky. The night air is tinged with
anticipation. And it is time to meet the Buntinental.

Doug Krause

Dec 31, 2003, 9:25:17 PM12/31/03
In article <20031231183248...@mb-m07.aol.com>,

Buno <bune...@aol.como.bueno> wrote:
>Seeing the re-run of Janet Reno appearing on the Janet Reno Show with Will, it
>brough to mind:
>
>*Will as Janet meets Janet
>* WIll as Trebek meets Trebek
>* Will as Lipton meets Lipton
>
>So I think Will probably holds the record in that department. Other ones that
>come to mind include Carvey meets (old) Bush, and Breuer-Pesci meets Joe
>Pesci... not to mention Fallon meets Deniro (lil bit, lil bit).
>
>Who am I forgetting?

Norm MacDonald meets Bob Dole

sarcastress

Dec 31, 2003, 10:18:38 PM12/31/03
tracy meets al sharpton

kattan meets ricky martin

thank you for not discussing the outside world

JTR115

Jan 1, 2004, 12:38:43 AM1/1/04

Colin Quinn met DeNiro on the same show as Breuer/Pesci.
Ferrell also met Neil Diamond.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"There's a basic rule which runs through all kinds of music, kind of an
unwritten rule. I don't know what it is."
--Ron Wood

"Ballpark Franks will no longer plump when you cook 'em, but rather moan when
you suck 'em."
--Andy Richter

funnyboy88

Jan 1, 2004, 3:06:26 AM1/1/04

"JTR115" <jtr...@aol.comMYhouse> wrote in message

> >In article <20031231183248...@mb-m07.aol.com>,
> >Buno <bune...@aol.como.bueno> wrote:
> >>Seeing the re-run of Janet Reno appearing on the Janet Reno Show with
Will,
> >it
> >>brough to mind:
> >>
> >>*Will as Janet meets Janet
> >>* WIll as Trebek meets Trebek
> >>* Will as Lipton meets Lipton
> >>
> >>So I think Will probably holds the record in that department. Other
ones
> >that
> >>come to mind include Carvey meets (old) Bush, and Breuer-Pesci meets Joe
> >>Pesci... not to mention Fallon meets Deniro (lil bit, lil bit).
> >>
> >>Who am I forgetting?
> >
> >Norm MacDonald meets Bob Dole
>
> Colin Quinn met DeNiro on the same show as Breuer/Pesci.
> Ferrell also met Neil Diamond.

From all the examples its quite obvious this method has been used more
heavily 95-on then ever before.

Steph3

Jan 1, 2004, 2:48:35 PM1/1/04
>Who am I forgetting?

Mike Meyers as Mick Jagger meets Mick Jagger as Keith Richards.

"Mick you ignorant slut"

Steph3

Doug Krause

Jan 1, 2004, 3:30:12 PM1/1/04
In article <20040101144835...@mb-m28.aol.com>,

Steph3 <imstep...@aol.comatose> wrote:
>>Who am I forgetting?
>>

>Mike Meyers as Mick Jagger meets Mick Jagger as Keith Richards.

The Michael J. Fox episode with 3 Marty McFlys. I'm pretty
sure David Spade was one, but don't know who the other was.

Shara

Jan 1, 2004, 7:03:39 PM1/1/04

"Doug Krause" <dkr...@ratcage.com> wrote in message

If we're counting those can we count the Dennis Miller trio?

--
~~~Sarah~~~

Air five.

Shara

Jan 1, 2004, 7:04:12 PM1/1/04

"Steph3" <imstep...@aol.comatose> wrote in message

> >Who am I forgetting?
> >

> Mike Meyers as Mick Jagger meets Mick Jagger as Keith Richards.

And Jimmy and Mick in the mirror...

--
~~~Sarah~~~

Air five.

Mibbitmaker

Jan 1, 2004, 7:23:55 PM1/1/04
Chevy Chase meets Gerald Ford kinda counts; on the show, there was tape from
Ford over Chevy on Update, but off the show, the two met... and more than once
since.
-----------------

"If there were more men like you, there'd be less men like you"

"...Because Buckwheat would've wanted it that way."
;-)

Viccy

Jan 1, 2004, 7:44:07 PM1/1/04
imstep...@aol.comatose (Steph3) wrote in message news:<20040101144835...@mb-m28.aol.com>...

Fallon as Jagger... Fallon as Seinfeld.

Dr. Juggs Jenkins

Jan 1, 2004, 11:29:02 PM1/1/04

>The Michael J. Fox episode with 3 Marty McFlys. I'm pretty
>sure David Spade was one, but don't know who the other was.

Dana Carvey
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."-Eleanor Roosevelt

"Whatever you are, be a good one."-Abraham Lincoln

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 12:24:50 AM1/2/04
>Mike Meyers as Mick Jagger meets Mick Jagger as Keith Richards.

Yeah that was AWESOME.

Fallon did one too.

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 12:25:43 AM1/2/04
>If we're counting those can we count the Dennis Miller trio?

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 12:25:22 AM1/2/04
>The Michael J. Fox episode with 3 Marty McFlys. I'm pretty
>sure David Spade was one

MALLORY??????

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 12:26:20 AM1/2/04
>And Jimmy and Mick in the mirror...

Lit-tle bit o' the ROOSTAH!

THOR!

Jan 2, 2004, 1:35:08 AM1/2/04
Did anyone mention Mark McKinney and Steve Forbes?

Also:
Mark McKinney as Jim Carrey, while Carrey is next to him playing Jimmy
Stewart
and in the same sense Amy Poehler as Kelly Ripa, while Kelly Ripa plays
Angelina Jolie.

Viccy

Jan 2, 2004, 6:02:45 AM1/2/04
"THOR!" <almigh...@ohyeah.com> wrote in message news:<vva4dsi...@corp.supernews.com>...

...John Belushi as Joe Cocker.

Russell

Jan 2, 2004, 7:15:43 AM1/2/04
"THOR!" <almigh...@ohyeah.com> wrote in message news:<vva4dsi...@corp.supernews.com>...

eddie murphy/stevie wonder

JTR115

Jan 2, 2004, 8:51:53 AM1/2/04

The episode with Matthew Perry (I saw this for the first time during the SNL-50
marathon) featured a "Friends" skit with Perry playing one of the other
characters, then Colin Quinn walks in playing a gay-sounding version of Perry's
character (Chandler?).

I don't know if this one counts as an impersonation, but there was the classic
SNL "Tomorrow Show" skit where Tom Snyder demonstrates some of Mick Jagger's
dance moves in front of Mick.

James Allen

Jan 2, 2004, 9:37:05 AM1/2/04
>From: jtr...@aol.comMYhouse (JTR115)

>>Did anyone mention Mark McKinney and Steve Forbes?
>>

>>Also:
>>Mark McKinney as Jim Carrey, while Carrey is next to him playing Jimmy
>>Stewart
>>and in the same sense Amy Poehler as Kelly Ripa, while Kelly Ripa plays
>>Angelina Jolie.
>
>The episode with Matthew Perry (I saw this for the first time during the
>SNL-50
>marathon) featured a "Friends" skit with Perry playing one of the other
>characters, then Colin Quinn walks in playing a gay-sounding version of
>Perry's
>character (Chandler?).
>
>I don't know if this one counts as an impersonation, but there was the
>classic
>SNL "Tomorrow Show" skit where Tom Snyder demonstrates some of Mick Jagger's
>dance moves in front of Mick.
>
>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We've hit on most of them, but here are a few more I can recall:

Dana Carvey/ John McLaughlin
Half the cast/ Jack Nicholson
Dana Carvey/ George Bush (on tape)
David Spade/ Terri Hatcher
Terri Hatcher/ David Spade

"Was it a millionaire who said, 'Imagine no possessions'?"
-Elvis Costello, "The Other Side of Summer"

dano

Jan 2, 2004, 5:52:32 PM1/2/04
Speaking of Seinfeld, wern't there a couple of sketches with two-three
"seinfeldesque" stand-ups, including Jerry himself?

Douglas North

Jan 2, 2004, 1:44:56 PM1/2/04
>eddie murphy/stevie wonder

And from the same time period, Joe Piscopo and Joan Rivers

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 5:21:17 PM1/2/04
>Mark McKinney as Jim Carrey, while Carrey is next to him playing Jimmy
>Stewart

Oh yeah! Pure genius!

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 5:22:28 PM1/2/04
>Speaking of Seinfeld, wern't there a couple of sketches with two-three
>"seinfeldesque" stand-ups, including Jerry himself?

Who are the AD WIZARDS who came up with this one?

Buno

Jan 2, 2004, 5:24:02 PM1/2/04
Next time Baldwin hosts, they should have a meeting of the Tony Bennetts.

Viccy

Jan 2, 2004, 7:15:45 PM1/2/04
sji...@aol.com (James Allen) wrote in message news:<20040102093705...@mb-m21.aol.com>...
(snip)

> We've hit on most of them, but here are a few more I can recall:
>
> Dana Carvey/ John McLaughlin
> Half the cast/ Jack Nicholson

In the same sense, members of the cast took off Billy Bob Thornton
during his monologue.

> Dana Carvey/ George Bush (on tape)
> David Spade/ Terri Hatcher
> Terri Hatcher/ David Spade

David Spade as Kid Rock...

Also - away from SNL, Jimmy Fallon has gone face to face with the
"massive tool" Carson Daly and Adam Sandler, who he has impersonated
on the show.
Which leads me to ask - has Darrel Hammond's Clinton ever met Bill
Clinton?

> "Was it a millionaire who said, 'Imagine no possessions'?"
> -Elvis Costello, "The Other Side of Summer"

LOL!

CodySNL28

Jan 2, 2004, 7:57:07 PM1/2/04
>Which leads me to ask - has Darrel Hammond's Clinton ever met Bill
>Clinton?

Off camera, yes.

Viccy

Jan 2, 2004, 8:02:50 PM1/2/04
Oh, and Will Ferrell's Alex Trabeck.

THOR!

Jan 3, 2004, 7:22:36 AM1/3/04
"dano" <dano...@yahoo.com> wrote in message:

> Speaking of Seinfeld, wern't there a couple of sketches with two-three
> "seinfeldesque" stand-ups, including Jerry himself?

I know what you're talking about. From the 85-86 (aka the Robert Downey Jr.
season) I'm pretty sure it was Jon Lovitz, Dennis Miller, Damon Wayans (and
possibly someone else) who played them. I don't recall Jerry Seinfeld ever
actually appearing in it though.

JTR115

Jan 3, 2004, 11:57:45 AM1/3/04

Actually, dano's talking about the game show sketch "Stand Up And Win"
featuring Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider. Seinfeld played the
game show host. I think the skit mentioned above was a "Star Search" skit
where Damon Wayans played an angry comic (even though he laughed half-way
through his "act.")

Buno

Jan 3, 2004, 3:50:54 PM1/3/04
>Actually, dano's talking about the game show sketch "Stand Up And Win"
>featuring Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider.

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???

----
Please... allow me to freshen your shom-pon-ya.

A Yap

Jan 3, 2004, 3:52:13 PM1/3/04
Hanz & Franz & Ah-nold

"Buno" <bune...@aol.como.bueno> wrote in message

A Yap

Jan 3, 2004, 4:17:34 PM1/3/04
Just remembered

Cheri Oteri - Judge Judy
Rachel Drach - Ally Mcbeal Calista
Ana G.- was invited on Celine Dion's concert
Maya Rudolph - DonnatellaVersache (another show)

not sure if they met on the show
Molly Shannon - Monica Lewinsky
Maya Rudolph - Paris Hilton

Joe

Jan 3, 2004, 5:02:57 PM1/3/04
"A Yap" <gu...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

> Just remembered
>
> Cheri Oteri - Judge Judy
> Rachel Drach - Ally Mcbeal Calista
> Ana G.- was invited on Celine Dion's concert
> Maya Rudolph - DonnatellaVersache (another show)
>
> not sure if they met on the show
> Molly Shannon - Monica Lewinsky
> Maya Rudolph - Paris Hilton

Amy Poehler might have met up with Avril Lavigne at some point when she was
musical guest.
That was a killer impression that Poehler did on WU.

Buno

Jan 3, 2004, 5:08:14 PM1/3/04
>Cheri Oteri - Judge Judy

Yeah that was hilarious.

I wonder if Darrell's Guliani will ever meet Rudy.

Buno

Jan 3, 2004, 5:07:21 PM1/3/04
>Hanz & Franz & Ah-nold

Oh yeah! That was AWESOME

They should show it again, now that Ah-nold is (cough cough) Governator.

Shara

Jan 3, 2004, 8:16:02 PM1/3/04

> >Hanz & Franz & Ah-nold
>
> Oh yeah! That was AWESOME
>
> They should show it again, now that Ah-nold is (cough cough) Governator.

Yeah, I'm sure E! will do that.

--
~~~Sarah~~~

Air five.

Buno

Jan 3, 2004, 10:06:31 PM1/3/04
>> They should show it again, now that Ah-nold is (cough cough) Governator.
>
>Yeah, I'm sure E! will do that.

Perhaps Ah-nold will host SNL sometime. You never know. Hear me now and think
about it later.

THOR!

Jan 4, 2004, 4:32:20 AM1/4/04
"JTR115" <jtr...@aol.comMYhouse> wrote in message:

> Actually, dano's talking about the game show sketch "Stand Up And Win"
> featuring Dana Carvey, Adam Sandler and Rob Schneider. Seinfeld played >
the game show host.

You're right, you're right. That has to be it, forgot all about it.

> I think the skit mentioned above was a "Star Search" skit
> where Damon Wayans played an angry comic (even though he laughed
> half-way through his "act.")

Nah, the Star Search sketch was something entirely different. The
Lovitz/Miller/Wayans thing was a recurring sketch (it was done at least 2 or
3 different times) where they would play three "Seinfeld-esque" comics
chatting by the water-cooler backstage at a comedy club, and all their
conversations pretty much go like something straight outta Jerry Seinfeld's
act ("Whhhhy do they call it...." "Who aaaaare these people?"), one of the
funnier recurring sketches from that season.

THOR!

Jan 4, 2004, 4:37:39 AM1/4/04

"Buno" <bune...@aol.como.bueno> wrote in message

> >Hanz & Franz & Ah-nold
>
> Oh yeah! That was AWESOME
>
> They should show it again, now that Ah-nold is (cough cough) Governator.

Conan introduced Smigel's very cartoony Arnold impression to the real Arnold
when he was a guest on there several years ago, and afterwards Arnold gets
his revenge. I have an mpeg of it still on my pc if anyone wants to check it
out, pretty funny.

That counts right? Smigel was sometimes included in the cast credits in the
Farley/Sandler seasons.

Darren Thornton

Jan 4, 2004, 1:44:13 PM1/4/04
Ana did Martha Stewart, right alongside the real one during a CBS
Christmas special. Joe Piscopo did meet Frank Sinatra, off camera.
Ditto for Eddie Murphy and Mr. Rogers.
Darrell told of doing his Ted Koppel impersonation in front of the
real one. He asked in character whether he was mad at him. Koppel said
no, took the wig, and chided Roone Arledge for not getting him a rug
that good.
Billy Crystal learned his Sammy Davis Jr. impersonation from
working with him. Chris Parnell did meet Tom Brokaw off camera.
Michael J. Fox almost lost it in character during the child actors
sketch. He was playing Danny Bonaduce, while David Spade played him,
for the 2nd time that night. Does playing the same character more than
once in a show cause any extra headaches for wardrobe and makeup? Most
likely, they will be playing other roles in between.

Sincerely,
Darren Thornton

Jonathan Allen

Jan 4, 2004, 5:56:07 PM1/4/04
Chris Kattan has done Antonio Banderas, but I don't think the two ever met.
Ditto for Dana Carvey and Johnny Carson, Kevin Nealon and Brent Musburger,
and Cheri Oteri/Gilda Radner and Barbara Walters.

Jonathan Allen, hoping for a Jimmy Fallon/Pat O'Brien showdown

sarcastress

Jan 4, 2004, 6:12:59 PM1/4/04
>Amy Poehler might have met up with Avril Lavigne at some point when she was
>musical guest.

I'M MAD!

thank you for not discussing the outside world

Buno

Jan 4, 2004, 6:14:26 PM1/4/04
>Chris Kattan has done Antonio Banderas

I KNEW he was gay!

Viccy

Jan 5, 2004, 6:37:35 AM1/5/04
bune...@aol.como.bueno (Buno) wrote in message news:<20040104181426...@mb-m06.aol.com>...

> >Chris Kattan has done Antonio Banderas
>
> I KNEW he was gay!

LMAO!

Still there's more of these I don't think have been mentioned;
Norm McDonald as Tommy Lee
Jim Breuer and Colin Quinn as Joe Pesci and Robert DeNero.

DeNero must be one of SNL's most impersonated... and that's possibly another thread.

James Allen

Jan 5, 2004, 9:32:35 AM1/5/04
>From: exce...@yahoo.com.au (Viccy)

>Which leads me to ask - has Darrel Hammond's Clinton ever met Bill
>Clinton?

Hammond has told the story of how President Clinton invited Darrell to some
sort of dinner event, where Hammond (at the President's request) did his
Clinton impression. Darrell mentioned how amazing weird that felt.

Viccy

Jan 5, 2004, 8:39:43 PM1/5/04
sji...@aol.com (James Allen) wrote in message news:<20040105093235...@mb-m05.aol.com>...

> >From: exce...@yahoo.com.au (Viccy)
>
> >Which leads me to ask - has Darrel Hammond's Clinton ever met Bill
> >Clinton?
> >

> Hammond has told the story of how President Clinton invited Darrell to some
> sort of dinner event, where Hammond (at the President's request) did his
> Clinton impression. Darrell mentioned how amazing weird that felt.

I guess it would, he was so 'Clinton'! Thanks so much for sharing the
story. :-)

In the book 'Live From New York' (Shales & Miller) Hammond says; "...I
had to follow Phil Hartman's Clinton, yeah, but I wonder if mine is
actually an impression. I wonder if mine isn't just a
characterization."

Darren Thornton

Jan 6, 2004, 1:13:16 AM1/6/04
I remember seeing a TV Guide article about the View. It showed
Meredith, Barbara, and Star with Molly, Cheri, and Tracy. What about
all those ladies who played Debbie? One was Ana, who definitely met
Debbie, when she did the sketch after her being fired.

Sincerely,
Darren Thornton

Dumb TRL Fans

Jan 7, 2004, 9:29:39 PM1/7/04
>Conan introduced Smigel's very cartoony Arnold impression to the real Arnold
>when he was a guest on there several years ago, and afterwards Arnold gets
>his revenge. I have an mpeg of it still on my pc if anyone wants to check it
>out, pretty funny.

FULL THROTTLE BABY BOTTLE!!!!

THE ORDER OF THE HAND WILL RULE!!!!!!!

MvD

Jan 9, 2004, 1:42:43 PM1/9/04
On 2 Jan 2004 03:02:45 -0800, exce...@yahoo.com.au (Viccy) wrote:

>"THOR!" <almigh...@ohyeah.com> wrote in message news:<vva4dsi...@corp.supernews.com>...
>> Did anyone mention Mark McKinney and Steve Forbes?
>>

>> Also:

>> Mark McKinney as Jim Carrey, while Carrey is next to him playing Jimmy
>> Stewart

>> and in the same sense Amy Poehler as Kelly Ripa, while Kelly Ripa plays
>> Angelina Jolie.
>
>...John Belushi as Joe Cocker.

BINGO!!!!!!!!! you're the first one to get the first one!
you rule!

Joan May

Jan 11, 2004, 12:48:32 PM1/11/04
My favorite is Dan Aykroyd as Tom Snyder imitating Mick Jagger (doing
the rooster walk) while interviewing the real Mick Jagger. And
Dan/Tom's paternalistic attitude towards Mick (<approx. "you seem like a
nice young man" etc) was funny when in reality Dan has at least 10 years
on Mick.

Best,
Joan

http://community-2.webtv.net/Jem33d/McHead

Joan May

Jan 11, 2004, 1:12:29 PM1/11/04
I wrote:
"My favorite is Dan Aykroyd as Tom Snyder imitating Mick Jagger (doing
the rooster walk) while interviewing the real Mick Jagger.   And
Dan/Tom's paternalistic attitude towards Mick (<approx. "you seem like a
nice young man" etc) was funny when in reality Dan has at least 10 years
on Mick.. "

Of course I meant to say " ... when in reality Mick has at least 10
years on Dan." Actually I should have done my research and written
"Mick (born 1943) has about 7 years on Dan (born 1950)" Dan just
seemed a lot younger than Mick at the time.