Please, explain to me

~vi

Oct 5, 2008, 10:54:00 PM10/5/08
Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across the
world but not by flying???

Christopher M.

Oct 5, 2008, 11:22:22 PM10/5/08
~vi wrote:
> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across the
> world but not by flying???

Maybe the writers see flying as Clark's final step to becoming Superman.

I personally don't care if Clark flys yet. I'd rather see Clark become a
part of a team, like the Justice League, then to fly off on his own,
like some kind of bloated, arrogant William Shatner.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

WickeddollŽ

Oct 5, 2008, 11:22:20 PM10/5/08
"~vi" ...

> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
> the world but not by flying???

The original producers vowed he'd never fly, but there's a new regime.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 5, 2008, 11:53:31 PM10/5/08
"Christopher M."

LOL

Natalie

Anim8rFSK

Oct 6, 2008, 12:12:49 AM10/6/08
In article <gcbenb...@news.evilcabal.org>,
"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Who think energy is a power source.

--
Third root canal - averted.

Hip Hip Hurrah!

Christopher M.

Oct 6, 2008, 12:32:18 AM10/6/08
Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article <gcbenb...@news.evilcabal.org>,
> "WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> "~vi" ...
>>> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
>>> the world but not by flying???
>>>
>> The original producers vowed he'd never fly, but there's a new regime.
>

> Who think energy is a power source.

Sounds like a job for a proofreader.

Martin Phipps

Oct 6, 2008, 1:07:08 AM10/6/08
On Oct 6, 11:22 am, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I personally don't care if Clark flys yet. I'd rather see Clark become a
> part of a team, like the Justice League, then to fly off on his own,
> like some kind of bloated, arrogant William Shatner.

As long as we are all being so nice to each other...

I think you meant to say "than" as in "I'd rather ... than..." I read
the sentence above and never saw a "than" and I had to go back and
look for it until I realized you had misspelled "than" as "then".
Very confusing!

Martin

GeekBoy

Oct 6, 2008, 3:49:30 AM10/6/08
He did while wearing the Red Kryponite ring.

"~vi" <v...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Hunter

Oct 6, 2008, 4:05:24 AM10/6/08
In article <p7GdnZ46saRe4HTV...@comcast.com>,
v...@comcast.net says...

> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across the
> world but not by flying???
----
Because the original producers of "Smallville" Al Gough and Miles
Millar, had as its purpose that "Smallville" is about the time before
Clark Kent became Superman. They have stated repeatedly that Clark
will not fly during the show because Clark flying will be the symbol
of him becoming Superman, hence the decree "No tights, No flights".
The explained it here in this April 6, 2001 interview, about six
months before the show's debut in October 2001:

CB: When you took on this project, were there things that you were
instructed to keep away from?

AG: Not really, we got a call from Peter Roth, who is the president
of Warner Bros. TV, and he said he wanted to do a show about young
Clark Kent. We were intrigued, but also had reservations. We weren t
interesting in doing Superboy, we wanted to do something that was
cool and character driven. Unlike, say, Batman, Superman has always
been the goody two shoes of super-heroes. We wanted our Clark Kent to
have angst and edge, without losing the essence of who he grows up to
be. That s why in the series Clark doesn t wear the suit, doesn t
wear glasses and can t fly.

We also altered the mythology. When Clark crashes to Earth in the
ship he s accompanied by a meteor shower of Kryptonite. In the pilot
you see the meteor shower raining down on Smallville and Clark s
arrival as a three-year-old. Then we cut to 12 years later and
discover that the Kryptonite is in the soil and is causing all these
strange things to happen."

Later he states:

"Basically, we're not doing "Superboy."

http://www.kryptonsite.com/gough.htm

Many people in this group complain because the just don't want to
accept the premise the show was built on, that this wasn't intended
to be Superboy or Superman. That is why Clark hasn't flown yet or
does things like go out on patrol, literaly looking for trouble and
rescuing strangers but a few people want the show to be about
Superboy/man. They condemn the producers for not letting him fly,
even though it was never intended for him to do so:

"CB: So you're approaching Superman quite differently from the way
Lois & Clark handled the material?

AG: While Lois & Clark has a lot of fans and was a very popular show,
we wanted to re-interpret Superman for today and make him more
relatable. We ve humanized him in a way you haven t seen before. We
really wanted to get inside Clark s head and show that he s just as
vulnerable as any ordinary teenager. This is a kid who's not only
going through puberty but is also struggling with his emerging
superpowers.

CB: So everything's going to develop as the series develops?

AG: Definitely. We liked the idea of his strength growing
incrementally since he was a kid. For example, when he was 4 he could
lift a coffee table but not a pick-up truck. I think that borrows a
little from the John Byrne revamp. The difference is in those comics
Clark seemed very well-adjusted and he played football and he hid it,
and nothing was a big deal. We're actually playing that "Guess what?
Getting these powers is a huge deal!"

http://www.kryptonsite.com/gough.htm

Bottom line is that they have kept their promise to hold to th
premise of the show. This is what Millar said way back in an October
16, 2001 article, the day "Smallville" debuted:

"Just don't hold your breath waiting to see teen-age Clark Kent don a
Superman suit and take to the skies, not even in a "very special"
sweeps month episode. Millar said he can only imagine one scene of
the new Superman in flight.

"We always see that as the last minute of the last show: Him flying."

http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/20011016smallville1016fnp3.asp

On last thing. Here is a possible in-show reason he doesn't fly. It
is that his body just hasn't developed the ability for flight yet. If
you noticed during the life of the show, Clark developed a major
super power in some seasons. In order:

In Season 1 he developed X-Ray vision.

In Season 2 he developed heat vision.

In Season 3 he developed super hearing.

In Season 6 he developed super breath.

We have seen a few Krytonians who are adults fly imediately, like
Kara Kent or Jor-El when he was on Earth in 1962, Zor-El's replicant
(a clone that not only is a physical twin of the original but have
identical memories and personality). However, not all of them fly.
The Discipiles of Zod didn't fly, Raya didn't, nor did any human
possessing Clark's powers like Lana Lang or Eric Summers so to me
this suggest that the impedent is physical and not psychological.
Taken to gether This suggest that Earth's enviorment and its yellow
sun, the same one that gives him his powers hinders their
development.

Anyway, there are the reasons he doesn't fly.
--
----->Hunter

"No man in the wrong can stand up against
a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'."

-----William J. McDonald
Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

Dough

Oct 6, 2008, 6:36:22 AM10/6/08

"~vi" <v...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
> the world but not by flying???

... especially any and EVERY other Kryptonian who sets foot on good ol'
Mother Earth IMMEDIATELY starts flying, including Lex/Zod!

Dough

Oct 6, 2008, 6:37:18 AM10/6/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
... please... that's my Captain you're talking about!

~vi

Oct 6, 2008, 8:30:34 AM10/6/08

"Hunter" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Later he states:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/gough.htm

http://www.kryptonsite.com/gough.htm

Wow.... thanks! That sure explains it.....
..... Vi

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:40:31 AM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
And they lied -- he floated for a tease and foreshadowing in the second
episode and then flew brilliantly with great effect as Kal-el (he's always
been Kal-el -- he IS Kal-el of Krypton). He's made jumps that couldn't be
jumps. In the second episode he jumps to the barn floor from the loft much
faster than Jonathan falls from the loft, to catch him at the bottom --
this can only be accomplished if Clark was "flying" to the floor under
extreme power and speed.

Later he does that with Chloe twice. Once in the barn she intentionally
falls off the railing to see if he could save her and he beats her to the
floor. In another episode with the evil kid that has a twin inside him --
on twin throws Chloe off the dam and Clark goes over the side to beat her to
the ground and catches her. He doesn't return the favor for the twin
though.

Clark picks up Lois and jumps from the Planet to Ollie's penthouse
balcony -- sailing with her in his arms for blocks horizontally -- man that
is flight.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:41:46 AM10/6/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I guess you've not been watching the show -- HE"S FLOWN AS A TEASE.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:55:05 AM10/6/08

> "Hunter" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> In article <p7GdnZ46saRe4HTV...@comcast.com>,
> v...@comcast.net says...
>> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
>> the
>> world but not by flying???
> ----
> Because the original producers of "Smallville" Al Gough and Miles
> Millar, had as its purpose that "Smallville" is about the time before
> Clark Kent became Superman. They have stated repeatedly that Clark
> will not fly during the show because Clark flying will be the symbol
> of him becoming Superman, hence the decree "No tights, No flights".
> The explained it here in this April 6, 2001 interview, about six
> months before the show's debut in October 2001:

<snipped>
BS -- As I said, he's flown -- we saw it if you've been watching. He
floated for a tease in EPISODE TWO: METAMORPHOSIS

> Many people in this group complain because the just don't want to
> accept the premise the show was built on, that this wasn't intended
> to be Superboy or Superman. That is why Clark hasn't flown yet or
> does things like go out on patrol, literaly looking for trouble and
> rescuing strangers but a few people want the show to be about
> Superboy/man. They condemn the producers for not letting him fly,
> even though it was never intended for him to do so:

<snipped>

BLAH, BLA, BLAH -- They broke their own "RULE" -- which was always BS.

This is a point that HUNTER has been stuck on since DAY ONE. He doesn't
understand the "TEASE" they have been doing. He is LITERAL and not VISUAL
and thinks more about what Millar and Gough SAY than what IS SEEN on the
show.

I had a dog that thought that I was a different person when I put on a hat
and he would bark at me. HUNTER is like my dog -- he thinks that Clark and
Kal-el are TWO DIFFERENT people. He FLEW in CRUSADE. Jonathan asked him
what it was like at the end of the episode and Clark remembered doing it.
Proof that it was Clark and there were NEVER TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

> "We always see that as the last minute of the last show: Him flying."

He'll fly when they want him to fly or when they need him to fly to boost
the ratings -- and mark my words -- it would boost the ratings. But he
needs to fly like in CRUSADE or with ZOD and Zor-el and not like the cheesy
streak animation effect they used on Kara.

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 10:50:56 AM10/6/08

and how 'bout his "flight" with Lana at the fortress- seemed like more
than a jump to me.

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 11:04:57 AM10/6/08
BC wrote:

> BLAH, BLA, BLAH -- They broke their own "RULE" -- which was always BS.
>
> This is a point that HUNTER has been stuck on since DAY ONE. He doesn't
> understand the "TEASE" they have been doing. He is LITERAL and not VISUAL
> and thinks more about what Millar and Gough SAY than what IS SEEN on the
> show.
>
> I had a dog that thought that I was a different person when I put on a hat
> and he would bark at me. HUNTER is like my dog -- he thinks that Clark and
> Kal-el are TWO DIFFERENT people. He FLEW in CRUSADE. Jonathan asked him
> what it was like at the end of the episode and Clark remembered doing it.
> Proof that it was Clark and there were NEVER TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Maybe Hunters related to one of the writers. He never has anything
negative to say about anything they write.

By the way Hunter- you can STOP with the "Miller and Gough" always
intended him not to fly garbagio.... WE KNOW THAT. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

What we are saying is... the show lasted longer than Millar/Gough ever
dreamed it would so... enough already. He's probably what- 23/24 years
old already. He HAS flown before. So let him fly now!

And by the way- WTF happened to college?????????????? None of them ever
went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
all quit? Go to the University of Phoenix online? Whaaa happened? No
college degrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as
reporters. Sheesh. I guess we are supposed to assume that they
graduated college.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 11:09:08 AM10/6/08
"Advance Scout" ...
> BC wrote:
>> "WickeddollŽ" ...

Yeah - every time he "jumped" I thought, "Why don't they just let him fly?!"
And as someone else said, having him fly while brainwashed, then remembering
how it felt, made no sense. He's not that dumb.

:-P

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 11:13:52 AM10/6/08

"Advance Scout" <iva...@nospam.com> wrote in message

That too and the "jump" to the ICBM where the ground actually did the
warping PRIOR to his ascent.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 11:15:02 AM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
This is a good take on what happened -- "brainwashed". Maybe "hypnotized".

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 11:27:35 AM10/6/08
Advance Scout wrote:

> And by the way- WTF happened to college?????????????? None of them ever
> went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
> all quit? Go to the University of Phoenix online? Whaaa happened? No
> college degrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as
> reporters. Sheesh. I guess we are supposed to assume that they
> graduated college.

an afterthought to what I wrote:

why didn't they show college anyway? The trials and tribulations of
Clark in college would have been interesting. Dating(not Lana) could
have been fun since Clark could have been socially awkward. Joining a
fraternity... getting hazed, trying to fit in. Failing courses cause
he's too busy saving people. Taking an archeology course where HE
discovers some Kryptonian artifacts while doing research- leading him
into an adventure. Plenty of college angst and self discovery
possibilities without the "freak of the week" every week. Mix in some
Professor Brainiac Fine, sprinkle in some Lex Luthor, fold some Jor-El
into the batter and you've got a college season or two. The right
writers could have made college life exciting. Instead they almost
totally ignored it.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 11:35:26 AM10/6/08
"BC" >
> "WickeddollŽ" ...
>> "Advance Scout" ...

No, I'd have to go with brainwashed, because hypnosis is voluntary. You
wouldn't do anything during hypnosis that you wouldn't do otherwise.

Clark was very indoctrinated, much like a religious cult's intense
"programming"

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 11:42:55 AM10/6/08

"Advance Scout" <iva...@nospam.com> wrote in message

And they missed a couple of years of college shenanigans -- naked skinny
dipping in local ponds with Green k monsters lurking below or running into
Luthorcorp projects while camping -- Horny college professors drugging Chloe
to get into her pants, cafeteria food cooked in glowing green liquid, Clark
beating the shit out of Hare Krishna's panhandling for "spare change", Clark
taking naked showers with Lana, with Chloe, with Lois and the three girls
having sleep overs (damn I see the possibilities with pillowfights) etc. :-)
Clark taking weight training classes, Clark in chemistry heating vials with
his vision, Clark falls unconsicious when they run experiments on Green K or
better goes berserk on Red K with a super woodie for all the chicks.

He should be 22 starting the 8th season and turn 23 during the spring. Lana
is most of a year older for some reason having a birthday near the beginning
of the season. (As a technicality - I don't think that Clark and Lana would
be in the same class by their birthdate -- hey, but this is Kansas)

Lex was 9 in the script at meteor time -- Clark 3 in the script-- Lana 3 in
the flower shop. A couple of eps in and we see Lana have a birthday at the
mansion -- Lex and Nell were friends. The show picks up from meteor time to
12 years later to the day in the Pilot at Homecoming. That should make
Clark 15 and unable to drive a car but he does anyway ( he may drive on the
farm but not on the highway to Lex's or into town etc.). So Clark is 16 as
a sophomore, 17 as a junior, and 18 starting his senior year. But Lana is
nearly a year older and turns 19 in the beginning of her Senior year and
that's why I said they shouldn't be in the same highschool class.

Interesting point here is that the Veritas meeting showed us a young Lex
with hair so was PRE - Meteor strike. Clark tells Lex that he remembers the
mansion being trucked in when he was a kid -- so the mansion was not there
until a few years after Clark's arrival. So the meetings of Veritas in a
mansion were NOT in the Luthor mansion. The device hidden in the mantel was
hidden there when the mansion was in Scotland. Kind of a screwy story if
Lionel only moved the mansion to get the device to the US when he could have
just brought the device. But if he didn't know where it was why did he bring
the mansion over? If it was just Swann that knew its where-a-bouts and he
didn't trust the others -- why tell them in the first place? Queen and
Swann were the good guys and Teague and Luthor the bad guys it appears but
why let the bad guys in on it? I guesss they had to be to make this dumbass
concoction work.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 11:47:51 AM10/6/08
"Advance Scout"

Yeah, that's too bad. Don't get me started on how ridiculously well TV
characters can hack. Three seconds in: "I just hacked the Department of
Defense database!" Bull, and might I add, shit.

I like your hazing idea; Clark would probably survive anything they did
well, unless they make it with Kryptonite. :-P

The failing courses because of heroics has been done, though - Spiderman II.

I also like your artifacts thing.

Speaking of Brainiac, I really wish they hadn't cast Marsters in that part.
I *loved* him as Spike on Buffy, and that's the problem. He was too good in
that role, and even though he's not using the British accent, he's still
Spike to me. Isn't it strange that he did the Brit accent so well, that as
Brainiac he sounds like he's using a fake accent? LOL

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 11:50:27 AM10/6/08

"Advance Scout" <iva...@nospam.com> wrote in message

I added some before I saw this -- but the Smallville writers probably NEVER
went to college -- that's why.

Also I don't see Clark fitting into a Fraternity nor Lana or Lois or Chloe.
They are too independent. Lana quit cheerleading at the beginning of the
series -- about the time Clark went out for football in Heat.

Archaeology is a GOOD idea. Do gooder Clark could keep underage people from
drinking at keggers by using his heat vision to boil the alcohol out of the
beer. Yummy -- Hot flat beer! He could use his xray vision to look for
silicone, ass tats and pierced nipples. Monsters could be created in the
genetics lab to run amok. (Do I hear Yabahoobs at work?)

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 11:54:06 AM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
There was a certain amout of technology involved because he was "taken" into
the cave computer mechanism in some fashion. Who knows what happens when a
Kryptonian is hypnotized? You are using human terms -- a common mistake I
think when people analyze the Superman character. He is an alien
afterall -- alien physiology. The writers made the mistake of making him a
normal mortal human on several occasions and I don't think that fits the
premise of the character.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 12:02:56 PM10/6/08
"BC"

> "Advance Scout" ...

Wow, I never thought of all those technicalities!

You got those, so I'll take the biggest medical BS I've seen on that (and
many other) shows (I'm a nurse):

Re; "Hidden" A young gunshot wound victim like Clark wouldn't have been
just lying on a bed, with no life support - he would have IVs, oxygen, and
probably a nasogastric (feeding) tube at the very least. Further, if he
*were* in good enough shape to be without those things, he couldn't have
gone into arrest that quickly! Here's the biggie: You do *not* use defib
paddles for a *stopped* heart! He would have had a compression machine, and
they would have worked on him for *hours* not minutes. Most of the time
they work a long time before "calling it." We see this time and time again
in movies and TV. The defib thing didn't bother me as much before civilians
could buy their own defib kit. Now they might use it at the wrong time and
seal the victim's fate. Writers need to stop doing that *now*
Defibrillators are just that - to reverse fibrillation (quivering, rather
than beating heart, which is inefficient for bodily function)

There, I feel better.

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 12:12:00 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Cool and clear info. It goes with my other post somewhere that the mistake
they make is to say that Clark is human when his powers are gone. He's not
human ever at all. So it makes for interesting drama where he can be shot
or taken to the hospital and he looked normal and he can have sex (another
totally ridiculous idea that he can't with powers).

So what did you think of him being shot in the heart with an arrow? If he
was human at that time he should be stone DEAD. Also that makes Ollie to
have killed both Clark and Lex when he was out of control. I think I'd take
away his arrows if I were Clark.

Hunter

Oct 6, 2008, 12:14:06 PM10/6/08
In article <WMoGk.2422$as4...@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com>,
bcph...@att.net says...

> "~vi" <v...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Hunter" <buffh...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > In article <p7GdnZ46saRe4HTV...@comcast.com>,
> > v...@comcast.net says...
> >> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
> >> the
> >> world but not by flying???
> > ----
> > Because the original producers of "Smallville" Al Gough and Miles
> > Millar, had as its purpose that "Smallville" is about the time before
> > Clark Kent became Superman. They have stated repeatedly that Clark
> > will not fly during the show because Clark flying will be the symbol
> > of him becoming Superman, hence the decree "No tights, No flights".
> > The explained it here in this April 6, 2001 interview, about six
> > months before the show's debut in October 2001:
> >

> <snipped>
> BS -- As I said, he's flown -- we saw it if you've been watching. He
> floated for a tease in EPISODE TWO: METAMORPHOSIS
---
He floated WHEN HE WAS ASLEEP! That doesn't count because he was NOT
IN CONTROL!

> > Many people in this group complain because the just don't want to
> > accept the premise the show was built on, that this wasn't intended
> > to be Superboy or Superman. That is why Clark hasn't flown yet or
> > does things like go out on patrol, literaly looking for trouble and
> > rescuing strangers but a few people want the show to be about
> > Superboy/man. They condemn the producers for not letting him fly,
> > even though it was never intended for him to do so:
>

> <snipped>
>

> BLAH, BLA, BLAH -- They broke their own "RULE" -- which was always BS.
>
> This is a point that HUNTER has been stuck on since DAY ONE. He doesn't
> understand the "TEASE" they have been doing. He is LITERAL and not VISUAL
> and thinks more about what Millar and Gough SAY than what IS SEEN on the
> show.
---
WELL, IT WAS MILLAR AND GOUGH WHO CONTROL WHAT WE SEE WASN'T IT?!? And yes I pay attention to what they say. They were the show runners, they were the ones who came up with the concept. You see Vi, and others who are reading this, BC wants to impose his view on the show which was what I was talking about in my previous response. That Tease was a foreshadowing, just like Clark's red Jacket and blue shirt foreshadows his uniform but it is not his uniform is it?
The same when he was floating, it was just a foreshadow of what will happen. He didn't fly, he just floated and when he woke up he fell like a rock! That is what they showed too.

> I had a dog that thought that I was a different person when I put on a hat
> and he would bark at me. HUNTER is like my dog -- he thinks that Clark and
> Kal-el are TWO DIFFERENT people. He FLEW in CRUSADE. Jonathan asked him
> what it was like at the end of the episode and Clark remembered doing it.
> Proof that it was Clark and there were NEVER TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
----
So he remembered but it was not Clark in control. Jor-El programed
Kal-El to fly to get Chrystal of Fire stone from Lex Luthor who was
flying in his corporate Jet. Vi, Clark and Kal El were two different
people in Crusade. If you look at the scene in which Martha Kent used
the black Kryptonite to separate the Kal-El entity in the Kawatche
Caves you will clearly see two beings being separated from each other
you will agree that it was a different entity. Before that, go to the
scene in which Kal-El first takes off when Martha, Clark's mother,
pleads with him. See how Kal-El treats her? You think Clark would
treat Martha that way if he was in control?

From "Crusade" (S4XE1):

Martha: Clark!

Clark: Aah! [The Kal El program activates] I am Kal-El of Krypton.
It is time to fulfill my destiny.

Martha: Destiny?! That's Jor-El talking! He did this to you! I want
my son back! Give me my son back!

Clark: Clark Kent is dead!

[He takes off knocking Martha down]

http://tinyurl.com/3r4jco

Does that sound like Clark? No. It it was a personality imposed by
Jor-El.

Vi, and anyone else interested, go to the below link and look at the
episode yourself. Mind you you will have to endure the obstacle
course of pop up and pop under ads but it is manageable and you can
click them away. It is free and worth it:

http://www.kumfumble.com/smallville-season-4/page/3

Again if you go to the scene in which Martha Kent splits Kal-El program form Clark you will agree they were two different consciousnesses. BC is big on seeing things on screen and not just being told, even by the people who run the show, well, we are SHOWN that in Crusade he was two different entities, the Kal-El controlled program and Clark. It was almost like when he programmed the dead human Lindsey Harrison and called her "Kara". She flew as well.

> > "We always see that as the last minute of the last show: Him flying."
>
> He'll fly when they want him to fly or when they need him to fly to boost
> the ratings -- and mark my words -- it would boost the ratings. But he
> needs to fly like in CRUSADE or with ZOD and Zor-el and not like the cheesy
> streak animation effect they used on Kara.

---
Yes they will let him fly when they want him to fly and that would be
late in season 8 this season. I said two years ago that they may let
him fly this season and it looks like it will come true. When he is
able to take off slowly maintain altitude and change course in mid
air and then land softly that is when he will fly.
(snip)

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 12:13:18 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

Fair enough, but Clark/Superman has been shown to apparently have identical
physiology to humans - including genitalia, so thinking of him in human
terms isn't that far-fetched.

Further, have you noticed that all Kryptonians are attractive? (except
Zor-El - gawd, that guy was fugly) I suppose it's reasonable to think such
an advanced race would have genetic engineering abilities, so that doesn't
really bother me. I see Kryptonians as much more evolved humans, since they
look, and apparently are built, exactly like us. In "Talisman" we see that
Martha takes Clark's pulse in his neck (carotid artery), just as you would a
human. She also noted he was barely breathing. It's also reasonable to
assume Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because of the stark
similarities.

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 12:29:49 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

How do you know what "Lana saw"? ;-)

> Further, have you noticed that all Kryptonians are attractive? (except
> Zor-El - gawd, that guy was fugly) I suppose it's reasonable to think
> such an advanced race would have genetic engineering abilities, so that
> doesn't really bother me. I see Kryptonians as much more evolved humans,
> since they look, and apparently are built, exactly like us. In "Talisman"
> we see that Martha takes Clark's pulse in his neck (carotid artery), just
> as you would a human. She also noted he was barely breathing. It's also
> reasonable to assume Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because of
> the stark similarities.
>
> Natalie

I think the Zor-el guy was the bad guy on Sanctuary -- the real bad guys
there, are the writers and set designers and actors and special effects and
lighting -- well all of them -- even the damn donut guy -- fire him too.

They have Superpower under the Yellow sun. They are more human-like under
their own Red sun. But we have seen in Smallville how regular humans can
become superpowered by some mechanism. So maybe it could be explained that
there is something in humans that SUPRESSES their superpower and it can be
removed or over-ridden. Within those terms I can see Kryptonians and Humans
as having a common ancestor with Kryptonians being free of the supressing
mechanism. We could invent a reason -- that the Earth went through many
very cold ice age periods during human evolution and humans lost the
superpower ability in order to conserve heat and energy. On Krypton -- the
climate may have been warmer and constant. And that brings up the
question -- are the crystals ice and cold or are they mineral crystal and
not cold? We see the Fortress at the North Pole but Lex in SR brings the
crystals back with him -- so they are mineral crystal. In Superman The
Movie -- we see a planet that looks like ice crystals but there is nothing
that says it is cold that I could see -- so they are crystals of something
other than water and don't indicate anything about temperature.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 12:31:21 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

> "WickeddollŽ"

Yes! He can control a handshake, as Chloe mentioned, but not getting it on?
Dumb.

> So what did you think of him being shot in the heart with an arrow? If he
> was human at that time he should be stone DEAD. Also that makes Ollie to
> have killed both Clark and Lex when he was out of control. I think I'd
> take away his arrows if I were Clark.

If he didn't have his iron constitution, then the logic of this show should
have had him die instantly. Of course we can't have that happen, but they
shouldn't have shot him there. It's obvious (on this show) that his body
works exactly as ours does, just affected by our sun

I never saw Ollie as a hero on this show, really. He was doing the wrong
things from the beginning to me. Two wrongs still don't make a right.

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 12:55:48 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Absolutely on Ollie and his band of vigilantes who made Lex at times look
like the hero.

But for Clark's powers he has to go a bit beyond being human. For super
breath he must compress the gases of the air to a liquid in his lungs to
have the cold temperature and the amount of volume.

For flying and invulnerablity he must control a field around him in some way
and pull energy from a zero point field. He can fly in a vacuum so it isn't
air that he needs -- he gets power from the vacuum which is the ZPF.
Objects can't penetrate his skin -- even a cell of his skin -- or anyone
he's carrying for that matter -- so he is projecting a field -- possibly a
field where inertia is cancelled. As soon as a mass enters the field its
inertia is neutralized by eliminating its mass -- and so it hits him with
less force than one atom. Neutralizing inertia allows him to fly, for he
weighs nothing and it would take little power to become airborn and without
mass maybe our mind can move something that weights nothing. We move
thoughts don't we? How much does a thought or memory weigh?

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 1:11:42 PM10/6/08
"BC" .

LOL well in the opening scene of "Hidden" she didn't seem to be fazed, so he
must have human-type parts...

>> Further, have you noticed that all Kryptonians are attractive? (except
>> Zor-El - gawd, that guy was fugly) I suppose it's reasonable to think
>> such an advanced race would have genetic engineering abilities, so that
>> doesn't really bother me. I see Kryptonians as much more evolved humans,
>> since they look, and apparently are built, exactly like us. In "Talisman"
>> we see that Martha takes Clark's pulse in his neck (carotid artery), just
>> as you would a human. She also noted he was barely breathing. It's also
>> reasonable to assume Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because of
>> the stark similarities.
>>
>> Natalie
>
> I think the Zor-el guy was the bad guy on Sanctuary -- the real bad guys
> there, are the writers and set designers and actors and special effects
> and lighting -- well all of them -- even the damn donut guy -- fire him
> too.

He's ugly there too LOL

> They have Superpower under the Yellow sun. They are more human-like under
> their own Red sun. But we have seen in Smallville how regular humans can
> become superpowered by some mechanism. So maybe it could be explained
> that there is something in humans that SUPRESSES their superpower and it
> can be removed or over-ridden. Within those terms I can see Kryptonians
> and Humans as having a common ancestor with Kryptonians being free of the
> supressing mechanism. We could invent a reason -- that the Earth went
> through many very cold ice age periods during human evolution and humans
> lost the superpower ability in order to conserve heat and energy. On
> Krypton -- the climate may have been warmer and constant. And that brings
> up the question -- are the crystals ice and cold or are they mineral
> crystal and not cold? We see the Fortress at the North Pole but Lex in SR
> brings the crystals back with him -- so they are mineral crystal. In
> Superman The Movie -- we see a planet that looks like ice crystals but
> there is nothing that says it is cold that I could see -- so they are
> crystals of something other than water and don't indicate anything about
> temperature.

Interesting take! I've always been annoyed that any aliens we mere humans
encounter are always smarter than we are. That's why I loved the "Pakleds"
in Star Trek TNG - they were the only ones dumber than we are LOL.

Getting back to Lex at the Fortress - he would have flash-froze in that
flimsy coat. They even showed that on this very show. Remember when Chloe
first visited the fortress at the end of that (dreadful) 4th season? She
had ice on her face - that's what happens in that type of environment. But
of course, Rosenbaum is one of the main actors, so he can't look vulnerable
:-P. I really like his Lex, though - much more dimensional than even
Hackman's. (and way more doable than any of the other ones ;-)). This Lex
is of course very evil, but he's my type of guy otherwise - not
perfect-looking physically, and very intelligent. I go for brains, and
baldness is actually a plus to me. I know - I'm strange.

I also think it was brilliant to have Lex and Clark be friends at first.
The only way to truly hate someone is to love them first, so that really
makes the animosity more realistic and less cartoonish, IMO.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 1:28:24 PM10/6/08

You know you can't use physics in sci-fi and fantasy shows! We know that
warp fields are possible, but humans couldn't survive being within one, so
we let that go in Trek.

I wondered about him carrying people when he's zooming, too - they're just
flesh and blood. But, you have to suspend your disbelief on these shows, so
I do. :-)

As for Clark's super-lungs (as in "Sneeze"), I called bullshit on that one,
because it doesn't matter how powerful his lungs are, he simply couldn't
have had enough *capacity* to blow that much air out at once. Especially
those clouds he blew away. What a crock. But again, suspending that pesky
disbelief. LOL

:-)

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 1:43:06 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I was just joking -- Lois said that she had "seen Clark junior" when she
picked him up in the field in Crusade. (she said it in another episode)

Hmm.... I don't know about that love/hate thing with love coming first. I
know some people I love to hate.

This Lex is probably one of the best creations of Millar and Gough. With the
meteor freaks being a good idea on the whole also. A non-flying Clark is a
stupid idea though. Unfortunately the writers (different ones have a
different take) have had Lex being nice guy friend one episode and the evil
bad crazy wanton killer the next. I like the manipulative older Lex that is
a friend to Clark for both good and devious personal reasons.

I WILL take issue with you on season 4 being bad. I believe that is the
stones arc that you refer to. There was nothing wrong with the stones or
even the witch angle -- they made it clear that they all had a Kryptonian
connection. Even the witches "magic" disappeared when the book with the
kryptonian symbols was burned up by Clark. Only kryptonian power could
explain how Isabel took Clark's power away -- the same way Jor-el has done
it on a couple of occasions. Isabel had the tattoo on her butt that was the
Kryptonain symbol for Transferrence (what was being transferred? The
ancient personality.) Lex's stone that he could handle was the Fire stone.
Clark's stone was the Air stone. Lana's was Transferrence or Water stone.
When combined they made the Kryptonian Fortress stone. Lex gets burned when
he handles a stone that is not his -- Lana kills when she handles the stone
that is Clark's Clark transfers bodies with Lionel when he touches the
Transferrence stone or Lana's stone.

I think this also was tied together ok with the caves and even the intrusion
of the Teagues' story was later explained last year. My disappointment in
the writing here is with them showing us a relationship between Lana's great
aunt and Jor-el and never explaining whether the killing of Lana's parents
was intentional and set her up to have a sort of repeat relationship -- to
have Clark experince the same things that Jor-el felt. Lana witout parents
would make her very dependent on a man in her life -- she was always trying
to hook up with someone for support and finally it was Clark -- then
eventually she realized that she needed to be on her own -- to rid her self
of the need for a support mechanism.

Of course this show had as its triumvirate -- Lex, Lana and Clark at the
core -- they were the lead actors and all others were support. The show was
always about them and it is not and has lost its way. So begins the parade
of freaky aliens and freaky heroes in faggy costumes.

The original brilliant concept is dead. Opie is grown up and Walmart has
come to Mayberry.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 2:09:53 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

I know :-)

I think it's more effective, since betrayal of any kind creates the worst
kind of anger - wounded animal.

> This Lex is probably one of the best creations of Millar and Gough. With
> the meteor freaks being a good idea on the whole also. A non-flying Clark
> is a stupid idea though. Unfortunately the writers (different ones have a
> different take) have had Lex being nice guy friend one episode and the
> evil bad crazy wanton killer the next. I like the manipulative older Lex
> that is a friend to Clark for both good and devious personal reasons.

Yeah, but it could be said that the dichotomy is so delicate, that even Lex
didn't know where he stood. Remember his saying he has some darkness he
can't always control? That makes his more erratic behavior, especially
being raised by a sociopath, seem plausible to me.

> I WILL take issue with you on season 4 being bad. I believe that is the
> stones arc that you refer to. There was nothing wrong with the stones or
> even the witch angle -- they made it clear that they all had a Kryptonian
> connection. Even the witches "magic" disappeared when the book with the
> kryptonian symbols was burned up by Clark. Only kryptonian power could
> explain how Isabel took Clark's power away -- the same way Jor-el has done
> it on a couple of occasions. Isabel had the tattoo on her butt that was
> the Kryptonain symbol for Transferrence (what was being transferred? The
> ancient personality.) Lex's stone that he could handle was the Fire
> stone. Clark's stone was the Air stone. Lana's was Transferrence or Water
> stone. When combined they made the Kryptonian Fortress stone. Lex gets
> burned when he handles a stone that is not his -- Lana kills when she
> handles the stone that is Clark's Clark transfers bodies with Lionel when
> he touches the Transferrence stone or Lana's stone.

I'm sorry - that story left me bored as hell. I fast-forward a lot of the
scenes on DVD, and skip some eps altogether. Some are just too painful for
me to watch.

> I think this also was tied together ok with the caves and even the
> intrusion of the Teagues' story was later explained last year. My
> disappointment in the writing here is with them showing us a relationship
> between Lana's great aunt and Jor-el and never explaining whether the
> killing of Lana's parents was intentional and set her up to have a sort of
> repeat relationship -- to have Clark experince the same things that Jor-el
> felt. Lana witout parents would make her very dependent on a man in her
> life -- she was always trying to hook up with someone for support and
> finally it was Clark -- then eventually she realized that she needed to be
> on her own -- to rid her self of the need for a support mechanism.

I get the Kryptonian tie, but it was still lame to me. YMMV I don't think
the writers were doing anything with the aunt ep other than to give the
principals a chance to moon over each other. That was yet another lousy,
too ridiculous ep, IMO.

> Of course this show had as its triumvirate -- Lex, Lana and Clark at the
> core -- they were the lead actors and all others were support. The show
> was always about them and it is not and has lost its way. So begins the
> parade of freaky aliens and freaky heroes in faggy costumes.

You don't like the freaks' costumes? What do you think of Supe's? I've
always thought it was cheesy and loud.

> The original brilliant concept is dead. Opie is grown up and Walmart has
> come to Mayberry.

Speaking of brilliant concepts, I wondered how they were going to have
Schneider and O'Toole as his parents, since the Kents were supposed to be
elderly. I thought they way they took Jonathan out was rather clever.

I try to keep hope. Might be worth the wait. If not, oh well.

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 2:18:29 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

It isn't about belief -- that is religion. If he does something that can't
be explained then find a reason or way to explain it as I did. What he does
isn't violating thoeretical scince except his heat vision -- shooting out
light from a receiver. Xray vision -- ok -- so he has a way to see Xrays --
we can too with film. Flying -- other things fly -- bullet proof -- other
things are bullet proof.

Warp drive though is thought to be impossible as they use it -- to move
through visible space at multiples of light. Warping of space could take us
instantly to another place light years away and MAY be possible within
scientific laws using astronomical amounts of energy.

It requires more suspension of disbelief to watch CSI or House for me than
Smallville although I enjoy the character banter on House. I mean have you
seen on House where they do a biopsy of the retina by sticking a large
needle through the lens and cornea right in the center of vision?

Why on Smallville do they nearly always inject a drug either into the
carotid or directly into the heart?

> As for Clark's super-lungs (as in "Sneeze"), I called bullshit on that
> one, because it doesn't matter how powerful his lungs are, he simply
> couldn't have had enough *capacity* to blow that much air out at once.
> Especially those clouds he blew away. What a crock. But again,
> suspending that pesky disbelief. LOL

But he could -- by compressing the gas to a liquid in his lungs. The same
way we buy propane as a liquid under pressure for our gas grill -- there is
something like 20 pounds of gas in a cylinder. As a compressed gas expands
it cools and that is the priciple behind refigeration -- so he could blow
out fires or freeze things if his lungs contained liquified gases under
pressure. This is why I think it is easier to explain if he's totally an
alien rather than trying to make him a super powered human. They should
stay away from the human angle -- one of the many reasons I liked Superman
Returns -- I think Singer was well aware of that throughout the entire film.

> :-)
>
> Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 2:28:12 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yes -- I liked the swings but not where the swing took him to do something
stupid that a genius wouldn't do.

>> I WILL take issue with you on season 4 being bad. I believe that is the
>> stones arc that you refer to. There was nothing wrong with the stones or
>> even the witch angle -- they made it clear that they all had a Kryptonian
>> connection. Even the witches "magic" disappeared when the book with the
>> kryptonian symbols was burned up by Clark. Only kryptonian power could
>> explain how Isabel took Clark's power away -- the same way Jor-el has
>> done it on a couple of occasions. Isabel had the tattoo on her butt that
>> was the Kryptonain symbol for Transferrence (what was being transferred?
>> The ancient personality.) Lex's stone that he could handle was the Fire
>> stone. Clark's stone was the Air stone. Lana's was Transferrence or
>> Water stone. When combined they made the Kryptonian Fortress stone. Lex
>> gets burned when he handles a stone that is not his -- Lana kills when
>> she handles the stone that is Clark's Clark transfers bodies with Lionel
>> when he touches the Transferrence stone or Lana's stone.
>
> I'm sorry - that story left me bored as hell. I fast-forward a lot of the
> scenes on DVD, and skip some eps altogether. Some are just too painful
> for me to watch.

At the time maybe you didn't see the connections -- but I agree that they
should have done a better -- more thorough job of explaining.

>> I think this also was tied together ok with the caves and even the
>> intrusion of the Teagues' story was later explained last year. My
>> disappointment in the writing here is with them showing us a relationship
>> between Lana's great aunt and Jor-el and never explaining whether the
>> killing of Lana's parents was intentional and set her up to have a sort
>> of repeat relationship -- to have Clark experince the same things that
>> Jor-el felt. Lana witout parents would make her very dependent on a man
>> in her life -- she was always trying to hook up with someone for support
>> and finally it was Clark -- then eventually she realized that she needed
>> to be on her own -- to rid her self of the need for a support mechanism.
>
> I get the Kryptonian tie, but it was still lame to me. YMMV I don't
> think the writers were doing anything with the aunt ep other than to give
> the principals a chance to moon over each other. That was yet another
> lousy, too ridiculous ep, IMO.

It did show us that the killer was a Luthor too. And the Luthor's weren't
from some Scotish heritage -- that Lionel made it up and Lex didn't know --
and that brought in Chloe for investigating and that pissed off Lionel etc.
So they create a Lana/Luthor/Jor-el and Kent connection way back which I
conclude menas that much of what we've seen with the Lana, Clark and Lex was
brought about by a plan of Jor-el.

>> Of course this show had as its triumvirate -- Lex, Lana and Clark at the
>> core -- they were the lead actors and all others were support. The show
>> was always about them and it is not and has lost its way. So begins the
>> parade of freaky aliens and freaky heroes in faggy costumes.
>
> You don't like the freaks' costumes? What do you think of Supe's? I've
> always thought it was cheesy and loud.

Also -- Singer tried to tone it down but the X-men suits are more
appropriate. I mean the capes are for what? Batman's is really a wing but
the rest?

>> The original brilliant concept is dead. Opie is grown up and Walmart has
>> come to Mayberry.
>>

> Speaking of brilliant concepts, I wondered how they were going to have
> Schneider and O'Toole as his parents, since the Kents were supposed to be
> elderly. I thought they way they took Jonathan out was rather clever.

But jonathan's death signalled the end of the good stories IMO. The show
went haywire at that point and lost its direction.

> I try to keep hope. Might be worth the wait. If not, oh well.

If they do like last week the show will be ok but I have a feeling that they
will always go back to a concocted plot to get in some foreshadowing or some
costumes. The people at the helm are set in the way they tell stories and
it isn't very adult.

> Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 2:55:23 PM10/6/08

OK Fair enough

>>> I WILL take issue with you on season 4 being bad. I believe that is the
>>> stones arc that you refer to. There was nothing wrong with the stones
>>> or even the witch angle -- they made it clear that they all had a
>>> Kryptonian connection. Even the witches "magic" disappeared when the
>>> book with the kryptonian symbols was burned up by Clark. Only
>>> kryptonian power could explain how Isabel took Clark's power away -- the
>>> same way Jor-el has done it on a couple of occasions. Isabel had the
>>> tattoo on her butt that was the Kryptonain symbol for Transferrence
>>> (what was being transferred? The ancient personality.) Lex's stone that
>>> he could handle was the Fire stone. Clark's stone was the Air stone.
>>> Lana's was Transferrence or Water stone. When combined they made the
>>> Kryptonian Fortress stone. Lex gets burned when he handles a stone that
>>> is not his -- Lana kills when she handles the stone that is Clark's
>>> Clark transfers bodies with Lionel when he touches the Transferrence
>>> stone or Lana's stone.
>>
>> I'm sorry - that story left me bored as hell. I fast-forward a lot of
>> the scenes on DVD, and skip some eps altogether. Some are just too
>> painful for me to watch.
>
> At the time maybe you didn't see the connections -- but I agree that they
> should have done a better -- more thorough job of explaining.

No, even re-watching it didn't take away the stink. I love Jensen Ackles
(of Supernatural fame), but even he couldn't make me interested in it.

>>> I think this also was tied together ok with the caves and even the
>>> intrusion of the Teagues' story was later explained last year. My
>>> disappointment in the writing here is with them showing us a
>>> relationship between Lana's great aunt and Jor-el and never explaining
>>> whether the killing of Lana's parents was intentional and set her up to
>>> have a sort of repeat relationship -- to have Clark experince the same
>>> things that Jor-el felt. Lana witout parents would make her very
>>> dependent on a man in her life -- she was always trying to hook up with
>>> someone for support and finally it was Clark -- then eventually she
>>> realized that she needed to be on her own -- to rid her self of the need
>>> for a support mechanism.
>>
>> I get the Kryptonian tie, but it was still lame to me. YMMV I don't
>> think the writers were doing anything with the aunt ep other than to give
>> the principals a chance to moon over each other. That was yet another
>> lousy, too ridiculous ep, IMO.
>
> It did show us that the killer was a Luthor too. And the Luthor's weren't
> from some Scotish heritage -- that Lionel made it up and Lex didn't
> know -- and that brought in Chloe for investigating and that pissed off
> Lionel etc. So they create a Lana/Luthor/Jor-el and Kent connection way
> back which I conclude menas that much of what we've seen with the Lana,
> Clark and Lex was brought about by a plan of Jor-el.

Lame plan, dad.

>>> Of course this show had as its triumvirate -- Lex, Lana and Clark at the
>>> core -- they were the lead actors and all others were support. The show
>>> was always about them and it is not and has lost its way. So begins the
>>> parade of freaky aliens and freaky heroes in faggy costumes.
>>
>> You don't like the freaks' costumes? What do you think of Supe's? I've
>> always thought it was cheesy and loud.
>
> Also -- Singer tried to tone it down but the X-men suits are more
> appropriate. I mean the capes are for what? Batman's is really a wing
> but the rest?

Good question.

>>> The original brilliant concept is dead. Opie is grown up and Walmart
>>> has come to Mayberry.
>>>

>> Speaking of brilliant concepts, I wondered how they were going to have
>> Schneider and O'Toole as his parents, since the Kents were supposed to be
>> elderly. I thought they way they took Jonathan out was rather clever.
>
> But jonathan's death signalled the end of the good stories IMO. The show
> went haywire at that point and lost its direction.

Troo dat - the fifth was the last good season.

>> I try to keep hope. Might be worth the wait. If not, oh well.
>
> If they do like last week the show will be ok but I have a feeling that
> they will always go back to a concocted plot to get in some foreshadowing
> or some costumes. The people at the helm are set in the way they tell
> stories and it isn't very adult.

Well, it *is* based on a comic book. ;-)

Natalie

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 2:57:15 PM10/6/08

played by Christopher Heyerdahl. He also played John Druitt (aka Jack
the ripper) in the premier episode of Sanctuary last week (not certain
if he will reappear as his fate is unknown). He also played the wraith
"Todd" on Star Gate Atlantis. Just an FYI ;)

All Kryptonians are attractive because the producers of Smallville cast
them that way. I am certain that when and if they need to cast an evil
Kryptonian they will fill the role appropriately (as they did with
Zor-El)... unless, of course, they cast against type to throw us off.

I suppose it's reasonable to think such
> an advanced race would have genetic engineering abilities, so that doesn't
> really bother me. I see Kryptonians as much more evolved humans, since they
> look, and apparently are built, exactly like us. In "Talisman" we see that
> Martha takes Clark's pulse in his neck (carotid artery), just as you would a
> human. She also noted he was barely breathing. It's also reasonable to
> assume Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because of the stark
> similarities.

As in Star Trek (especially the original series) when about 95% of alien
races encountered were humanoid (or humanoids who cast off their
physical beings). Its the egocentric nature of humanity to create aliens
in our own image. More importantly - it saves special effects money. ;)

Also keep in mind that the original story was written by two High School
students in the 1930's. They created a humanoid alien. SO, based on
canon, Superman is humanoid. Any tweaking in the story over the years
was pretty much only to make him either more powerful than the 1930's
version (1960's) or to make him less powerful (1990's) and more "human"

So plainly put, Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because its
probably the only way that Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster could conceive
of him.

From a storytelling fictional viewpoint Jor-El did indeed choose Earth
because Earthlings look just like Kryptonians. In the movie Superman,
Marlon Brandos Jor-El explains exactly this to Lara. He states that he
will look just like one of them, but "he wont be one of them". He then
rattles off some of the powers that Kal-El will have on Earth and then
tells Lara that he will need those powers to survive.

> Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 3:01:25 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What do you expect form a tiny ship's computer?

But let's make the distinction between a comic book and a graphic novel. In
the comic book the dialog is brief and shallow. The graphic novel expands
the dialog and adds some great illustration -- sometimes showing the
expression on the characters much better than a real actor can convey. And
at it's worst Smallville is like a comic book.

> Natalie

redhawk

Oct 6, 2008, 3:03:59 PM10/6/08
On Oct 6, 8:27 am, Advance Scout <ivan...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Advance Scout wrote:
>
> > And by the way- WTF happened tocollege??????????????  None of them ever

> > went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
> > all quit?  Go to the University of Phoenix online?  Whaaa happened? No
> >collegedegrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as

> > reporters. Sheesh.  I guess we are supposed to assume that they
> > graduatedcollege.
>
> an afterthought to what I wrote:
>
> why didn't they showcollegeanyway?  The trials and tribulations of
> Clark incollegewould have been interesting. Dating(not Lana) could

> have been fun since Clark could have been socially awkward.  Joining a
> fraternity... getting hazed, trying to fit in. Failing courses cause
> he's too busy saving people. Taking an archeology course where HE
> discovers some Kryptonian artifacts while doing research- leading him
> into an adventure.  Plenty ofcollegeangst and self discovery

> possibilities without the "freak of the week" every week. Mix in some
> Professor Brainiac Fine, sprinkle in some Lex Luthor, fold some Jor-El
> into the batter and you've got acollegeseason or two.  The right
> writers could have madecollegelife exciting. Instead they almost
> totally ignored it.

Tune in next week, when Clark shatters his frat's record time for
draining a beer bong. And when Lana's vampire sorority launches a
blood drive, hijinks ensue.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 3:05:15 PM10/6/08

"Advance Scout" <iva...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Wasn't he one of those early settlers on Atlantis that came with Tela, as
well?

The Great and Powerful Marlon -- oh wait...that is the Great and Powerful
Oz. Oh well two floating head images.

>> Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 3:12:58 PM10/6/08
"Advance Scout" ...
> WickeddollŽ wrote:
>> "BC" ...

Good actor - still fugly, though LOL

> All Kryptonians are attractive because the producers of Smallville cast
> them that way. I am certain that when and if they need to cast an evil
> Kryptonian they will fill the role appropriately (as they did with
> Zor-El)... unless, of course, they cast against type to throw us off.

Oh come on - you just *know* an advanced race would manipulate their genes
toward beauty! But I hear ya on the casting.

> I suppose it's reasonable to think such
>> an advanced race would have genetic engineering abilities, so that
>> doesn't really bother me. I see Kryptonians as much more evolved humans,
>> since they look, and apparently are built, exactly like us. In "Talisman"
>> we see that Martha takes Clark's pulse in his neck (carotid artery), just
>> as you would a human. She also noted he was barely breathing. It's also
>> reasonable to assume Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because of
>> the stark similarities.
>
> As in Star Trek (especially the original series) when about 95% of alien
> races encountered were humanoid (or humanoids who cast off their physical
> beings). Its the egocentric nature of humanity to create aliens in our own
> image. More importantly - it saves special effects money. ;)

What about the Horla (sp?) That was rubber vomit that crawled. ;-)

>Also keep in mind that the original story was written by two High School
>students in the 1930's. They created a humanoid alien. SO, based on canon,
>Superman is humanoid. Any tweaking in the story over the years was pretty
>much only to make him either more powerful than the 1930's version (1960's)
>or to make him less powerful (1990's) and more "human"
>
> So plainly put, Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because its
> probably the only way that Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster could conceive of
> him.

Well, as xenophobic as people can be, if an alien looked vastly different,
he would be shunned and hunted as a threat. If Martha & Jonathan found a
kid that looked like the "newborn" in "Men In Black" they would have run
away screaming!

> From a storytelling fictional viewpoint Jor-El did indeed choose Earth
> because Earthlings look just like Kryptonians. In the movie Superman,
> Marlon Brandos Jor-El explains exactly this to Lara. He states that he
> will look just like one of them, but "he wont be one of them". He then
> rattles off some of the powers that Kal-El will have on Earth and then
> tells Lara that he will need those powers to survive.

Yeah - these people are star-trippers. It makes perfect sense for them to
take note of a species so similar to their own.

Natalie

Hunter

Oct 6, 2008, 3:16:52 PM10/6/08
In article <48ea2917$0$5623$607e...@cv.net>, iva...@nospam.com
says...

> BC wrote:
>

> > BLAH, BLA, BLAH -- They broke their own "RULE" -- which was always BS.
> >
> > This is a point that HUNTER has been stuck on since DAY ONE. He doesn't
> > understand the "TEASE" they have been doing. He is LITERAL and not VISUAL
> > and thinks more about what Millar and Gough SAY than what IS SEEN on the
> > show.
> >
> > I had a dog that thought that I was a different person when I put on a hat
> > and he would bark at me. HUNTER is like my dog -- he thinks that Clark and
> > Kal-el are TWO DIFFERENT people. He FLEW in CRUSADE. Jonathan asked him
> > what it was like at the end of the episode and Clark remembered doing it.
> > Proof that it was Clark and there were NEVER TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
> >

> Maybe Hunters related to one of the writers. He never has anything
> negative to say about anything they write.
---
Ah yes! Just like the 9/11 is an inside job wackos. Go against their
wacko theories you are a CIA agent, a pawn for the Bush
administration. You'll can't stand a contrary opinion? I can back up
what I say, can anybody else?

> By the way Hunter- you can STOP with the "Miller and Gough" always
> intended him not to fly garbagio.... WE KNOW THAT. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.
---
~Vi didn't. That is why he asked right? And as long as people ask I
am going to answer them. Some people here want to distort the facts,
I will not let that happen and by doing so I will point to what they
said. Why are you so afraid to have other people actually read what
Millar & Gough have to say? It is like the Soviet Union or Nazi
Germany or Red China! Well, I am not going to bow to the party line,
especially when I can back it up my argument.

> What we are saying is... the show lasted longer than Millar/Gough ever
> dreamed it would so... enough already. He's probably what- 23/24 years
> old already. He HAS flown before. So let him fly now!
---
HE WILL NOT FLY NOW not until the end of the series, the February
sweeps in 2009 at the earliest, if then! Sorry! Again, they didn't
intend for Clark to fly during the show and they held to that. Their
successors seems to be holding to that precedent. You keep wanting
the show to be something it never intended. And do you think DC
Comics would allow them to have the do the show they have done if
they didn't like it? How do you know how long Millar/Gough thought it
would last? Where did you get that or are you making that up. At
least I can cite quotes from websites. Can you point to a quote that
says that they didn't expect the show to last this long? I didn't
think so. Listen, you don't like the show as is but it is what it is.
That was their vision and they stuck to it. Shocked? To bad for you
they ment what they said.

> And by the way- WTF happened to college?????????????? None of them ever
> went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
> all quit? Go to the University of Phoenix online? Whaaa happened? No
> college degrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as
> reporters. Sheesh. I guess we are supposed to assume that they
> graduated college.
----
I agree. but they went more than two times I am sure they went to
class off screen we are notwith them 24/7 a week past between the
events of "Plastique" and "Toxic" for instance. But yes we never
was given an explaination as to why they dropped out except classes
were interupted by Dark Thursday. That is a hole, I never denied that
there were some plot holes, just not nearly as many as some people
think or want to make out to be; but not what we were talking about
now.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 3:17:43 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

> "WickeddollŽ" ...

*snip*
Now, now - size doesn't matter. *struggling to keep a straight face*

*snip*

>>> But jonathan's death signalled the end of the good stories IMO. The
>>> show went haywire at that point and lost its direction.
>>
>> Troo dat - the fifth was the last good season.

>>> If they do like last week the show will be ok but I have a feeling that
>>> they will always go back to a concocted plot to get in some
>>> foreshadowing or some costumes. The people at the helm are set in the
>>> way they tell stories and it isn't very adult.
>>>

>> Well, it *is* based on a comic book. ;-)
>
> But let's make the distinction between a comic book and a graphic novel.
> In the comic book the dialog is brief and shallow. The graphic novel
> expands the dialog and adds some great illustration -- sometimes showing
> the expression on the characters much better than a real actor can convey.
> And at it's worst Smallville is like a comic book.

You sound like my daughter re graphic novel vs. comic book. She used to get
soooo mad at me for calling the GNs comic books.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 3:18:50 PM10/6/08
"redhawk"

RH

Except Lana apparently dropped out and moved away.

:-)

Natalie

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 3:21:24 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I don't read comics or at lest haven't since my youth but I've seen some
graphic novels and they are a real improvement. They gave us "V" and "The
Punisher" I think -- so those are some deeper ideas I believe. The graphics
in the few I've seen are really "art" -- not flat like comics.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 3:23:11 PM10/6/08

"redhawk" <newfou...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

*Then there is Chloe's computer club and Jimmy's Photo class and Lois part
time job as a pole dancer after school.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 3:37:07 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

> "WickeddollŽ"
*snip*

>>> But let's make the distinction between a comic book and a graphic novel.
>>> In the comic book the dialog is brief and shallow. The graphic novel
>>> expands the dialog and adds some great illustration -- sometimes showing
>>> the expression on the characters much better than a real actor can
>>> convey. And at it's worst Smallville is like a comic book.
>>>>

>> You sound like my daughter re graphic novel vs. comic book. She used to
>> get soooo mad at me for calling the GNs comic books.
>>
>> Natalie

> I don't read comics or at lest haven't since my youth but I've seen some
> graphic novels and they are a real improvement. They gave us "V" and "The
> Punisher" I think -- so those are some deeper ideas I believe. The
> graphics in the few I've seen are really "art" -- not flat like comics.

I actually own 2 Angel and 1 Buffy GNs. I get the difference.

:-)

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 3:38:01 PM10/6/08
"BC"...

> "redhawk"
Advance Scout

>> > And by the way- WTF happened tocollege?????????????? None of them ever
>> > went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
>> > all quit? Go to the University of Phoenix online? Whaaa happened? No
>> >collegedegrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as
>> > reporters. Sheesh. I guess we are supposed to assume that they
>> > graduatedcollege.
>>
>> an afterthought to what I wrote:
>>
>> why didn't they showcollegeanyway? The trials and tribulations of
>> Clark incollegewould have been interesting. Dating(not Lana) could
>> have been fun since Clark could have been socially awkward. Joining a
>> fraternity... getting hazed, trying to fit in. Failing courses cause
>> he's too busy saving people. Taking an archeology course where HE
>> discovers some Kryptonian artifacts while doing research- leading him
>> into an adventure. Plenty ofcollegeangst and self discovery
>> possibilities without the "freak of the week" every week. Mix in some
>> Professor Brainiac Fine, sprinkle in some Lex Luthor, fold some Jor-El
>> into the batter and you've got acollegeseason or two. The right
>> writers could have madecollegelife exciting. Instead they almost
>> totally ignored it.
>

> Tune in next week, when Clark shatters his frat's record time for
> draining a beer bong. And when Lana's vampire sorority launches a
> blood drive, hijinks ensue.
>

> *Then there is Chloe's computer club and Jimmy's Photo class and Lois part
> time job as a pole dancer after school.

As to that last one - you wish.

;-)

Natalie

redhawk

Oct 6, 2008, 4:03:14 PM10/6/08
On Oct 6, 12:18 pm, "Wickeddoll®"
> Natalie-
>
> -

Spent all her money on the ISIS Foundation, couldn't afford tuition,
haha. BTW seeing your posts at first I thought I had clicked on the
Star Trek group. :-)

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 4:08:26 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Gotta keep hope alive! May be snow on the roof but there is fire in the
furnace.

> ;-)
>
> Natalie

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 5:06:38 PM10/6/08
WickeddollŽ wrote:
> "Advance Scout" ...
>> WickeddollŽ wrote:

>> As in Star Trek (especially the original series) when about 95% of alien
>> races encountered were humanoid (or humanoids who cast off their physical
>> beings). Its the egocentric nature of humanity to create aliens in our own
>> image. More importantly - it saves special effects money. ;)
>
> What about the Horla (sp?) That was rubber vomit that crawled. ;-)

Yes and at $1.99 a cubic yard- pretty easy on the budget. One of the
better episodes by the way. In my top 5 list. In case you ever meet one
in a dark alley - they are called the "Horta". They pretty much will eat
your face off if you call them a Horla.

>> Also keep in mind that the original story was written by two High School
>> students in the 1930's. They created a humanoid alien. SO, based on canon,
>> Superman is humanoid. Any tweaking in the story over the years was pretty
>> much only to make him either more powerful than the 1930's version (1960's)
>> or to make him less powerful (1990's) and more "human"
>>
>> So plainly put, Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because its
>> probably the only way that Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster could conceive of
>> him.
>
> Well, as xenophobic as people can be, if an alien looked vastly different,
> he would be shunned and hunted as a threat. If Martha & Jonathan found a
> kid that looked like the "newborn" in "Men In Black" they would have run
> away screaming!

yes and the story would have been pretty much over.

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 5:14:05 PM10/6/08
WickeddollŽ wrote:

> You don't like the freaks' costumes? What do you think of Supe's? I've
> always thought it was cheesy and loud.

> Natalie

And I never thought it was Cheesy and Loud. And I want one! (a real
one). Although I will pass on the Brandon Routh version. Too skimpy.

But give me the George Reeves color version! Heck I'll wear it to work.
LOL

Give me the George Reeves color version, a mattress out a fake window,
and some Adventures of Superman theme music and I'll be leaping out the
window all day long ;)

Advance Scout

Oct 6, 2008, 5:20:50 PM10/6/08
Hunter wrote:
> In article <48ea2917$0$5623$607e...@cv.net>, iva...@nospam.com
> says...
>> BC wrote:
>>
>>> BLAH, BLA, BLAH -- They broke their own "RULE" -- which was always BS.
>>>
>>> This is a point that HUNTER has been stuck on since DAY ONE. He doesn't
>>> understand the "TEASE" they have been doing. He is LITERAL and not VISUAL
>>> and thinks more about what Millar and Gough SAY than what IS SEEN on the
>>> show.
>>>
>>> I had a dog that thought that I was a different person when I put on a hat
>>> and he would bark at me. HUNTER is like my dog -- he thinks that Clark and
>>> Kal-el are TWO DIFFERENT people. He FLEW in CRUSADE. Jonathan asked him
>>> what it was like at the end of the episode and Clark remembered doing it.
>>> Proof that it was Clark and there were NEVER TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
>>>

>> Maybe Hunters related to one of the writers. He never has anything
>> negative to say about anything they write.
> ---
> Ah yes! Just like the 9/11 is an inside job wackos. Go against their
> wacko theories you are a CIA agent, a pawn for the Bush
> administration.

HUH???????????????????????????????????? You, my friend, are nut job.

ROFLMAO at you- You are soooo passionate about this show... it sounds
like you are going to have a stroke as you are writing this.

David E. Milligan

Oct 6, 2008, 5:59:18 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Advance Scout" ...
>> BC wrote:
>>> "WickeddollŽ" ...

>>> And they lied -- he floated for a tease and foreshadowing in the second episode and then flew
>>> brilliantly with great effect as Kal-el (he's always been Kal-el -- he IS Kal-el of Krypton).
>>> He's made jumps that couldn't be jumps. In the second episode he jumps to the barn floor from
>>> the loft much faster than Jonathan falls from the loft, to catch him at the bottom -- this
>>> can only be accomplished if Clark was "flying" to the floor under extreme power and speed.
>>>
>>> Later he does that with Chloe twice. Once in the barn she intentionally falls off the railing
>>> to see if he could save her and he beats her to the floor. In another episode with the evil
>>> kid that has a twin inside him -- on twin throws Chloe off the dam and Clark goes over the
>>> side to beat her to the ground and catches her. He doesn't return the favor for the twin
>>> though.
>>>
>>> Clark picks up Lois and jumps from the Planet to Ollie's penthouse balcony -- sailing with her
>>> in his arms for blocks horizontally -- man that is flight.
>>
>> and how 'bout his "flight" with Lana at the fortress- seemed like more than a jump to me.
>
> Yeah - every time he "jumped" I thought, "Why don't they just let him fly?!"

"Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound."

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 6:15:52 PM10/6/08
"redhawk"

"WickeddollŽ"

LOL I wondered how she managed that on just 10 million - that operation
looked way more expensive than that.

Re the group thing, that's the same thing I thought when I saw Anim here!

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 6:17:15 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

> "WickeddollŽ"
>>>
>>> "redhawk"
>> Advance Scout
*snip*

>>> Tune in next week, when Clark shatters his frat's record time for
>>> draining a beer bong. And when Lana's vampire sorority launches a
>>> blood drive, hijinks ensue.
>>>

>>> *Then there is Chloe's computer club and Jimmy's Photo class and Lois
>>> part time job as a pole dancer after school.
>>>

>> As to that last one - you wish.
>
> Gotta keep hope alive! May be snow on the roof but there is fire in the
> furnace.
>>
>> ;-)

Yeah, like my hubby. I have a feeling he'll never slow down...

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 6:20:23 PM10/6/08
"Advance Scout"...
> WickeddollŽ wrote:
>
>>> As in Star Trek (especially the original series) when about 95% of alien
>>> races encountered were humanoid (or humanoids who cast off their
>>> physical beings). Its the egocentric nature of humanity to create aliens
>>> in our own image. More importantly - it saves special effects money. ;)
>>
>> What about the Horla (sp?) That was rubber vomit that crawled. ;-)
>
> Yes and at $1.99 a cubic yard- pretty easy on the budget. One of the
> better episodes by the way. In my top 5 list. In case you ever meet one
> in a dark alley - they are called the "Horta". They pretty much will eat
> your face off if you call them a Horla.

It wasn't one of my faves, so I don't remember much about it. LOL

>>> Also keep in mind that the original story was written by two High School
>>> students in the 1930's. They created a humanoid alien. SO, based on
>>> canon, Superman is humanoid. Any tweaking in the story over the years
>>> was pretty much only to make him either more powerful than the 1930's
>>> version (1960's) or to make him less powerful (1990's) and more "human"
>>>
>>> So plainly put, Jor-El chose humans to care for his son because its
>>> probably the only way that Jerry Siegal and Joe Shuster could conceive
>>> of him.
>>
>> Well, as xenophobic as people can be, if an alien looked vastly
>> different, he would be shunned and hunted as a threat. If Martha &
>> Jonathan found a kid that looked like the "newborn" in "Men In Black"
>> they would have run away screaming!
>
> yes and the story would have been pretty much over.

That too.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 6:29:02 PM10/6/08
"Advance Scout" ...

> WickeddollŽ wrote:
>

>> You don't like the freaks' costumes? What do you think of Supe's? I've
>> always thought it was cheesy and loud.
>
>> Natalie
>
> And I never thought it was Cheesy and Loud. And I want one! (a real one).
> Although I will pass on the Brandon Routh version. Too skimpy.
>
> But give me the George Reeves color version! Heck I'll wear it to work.
> LOL

Geek. If I had to choose, the Routh one would be the one I took. If I had
the body, of course...

> Give me the George Reeves color version, a mattress out a fake window, and
> some Adventures of Superman theme music and I'll be leaping out the window
> all day long ;)

*backing away slowly*

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 6:31:36 PM10/6/08
"David E. Milligan" ...

> "Wickeddoll®"...

I get that, but as someone mentioned, in "Reckoning" his leap with Lana was
more of a flight, with a landing, than typical gravity.

Natalie

Hunter

Oct 6, 2008, 6:35:25 PM10/6/08
In article <FSlGk.23126$%t....@newsfe01.iad>, dhu...@charter.net
says...

> "~vi" <v...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
> > the world but not by flying???
> >
> ... especially any and EVERY other Kryptonian who sets foot on good ol'
> Mother Earth IMMEDIATELY starts flying, including Lex/Zod!
---
That is not true. Raya didn't fly, niether did the Disciples of Zod
Aethyr & Nam-Ek. They all ran every place just like Clark. What's
more, the two humans that got powers directly from Clark, Lana Lang
("Wrath" S7XE7) and Eric Summers ("Leech" S1XE12) (both got them in
the same way; electrocuted while holding on to Clark and Kryptonite)
didn't fly either. It is not a lock that Kryptonians-or humans that
get their powers from Kryptonians-fly when they come to Earth.

Anim8rFSK

Oct 6, 2008, 6:36:50 PM10/6/08
In article <gcdh4l...@news.evilcabal.org>,
"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote:

yeah, I've been thinking that all along; she'd have burned through that
10 million the first year. Easily.

--
Third root canal - averted.

Hip Hip Hurrah!

Martin Phipps

Oct 6, 2008, 6:52:20 PM10/6/08
On Oct 7, 12:14 am, Hunter <buffhun...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <WMoGk.2422$as4....@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com>,
> bcpho...@att.net says...

> > "~vi" <v...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> > > "Hunter" <buffhun...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > > In article <p7GdnZ46saRe4HTVnZ2dnUVZ_u6dn...@comcast.com>,
> > > v...@comcast.net says...

> > > ----
> > > Because the original producers of "Smallville" Al Gough and Miles
> > > Millar, had as its purpose that "Smallville" is about the time before
> > > Clark Kent became Superman. They have stated repeatedly that Clark
> > > will not fly during the show because Clark flying will be the symbol
> > > of him becoming Superman, hence the decree "No tights, No flights".
> > > The explained it here in this April 6, 2001 interview, about six
> > > months before the show's debut in October 2001:
>
> > <snipped>
> > BS -- As I said, he's flown -- we saw it if you've been watching.  He
> > floated for a tease in EPISODE TWO: METAMORPHOSIS
>
> ---
> He floated WHEN HE WAS ASLEEP! That doesn't count because he was NOT
> IN CONTROL!

Actually, it does because you were arguing that he was physically
incapable of flight. Thus, it should also count when Jor-El took him
over and he flew. There were also some instances where it looked like
he might have flown but it may not have been described as flying in
the script.

Martin

Christopher M.

Oct 6, 2008, 7:57:45 PM10/6/08
BC wrote:
> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> ~vi wrote:
>>> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone across
>>> the world but not by flying???
>> Maybe the writers see flying as Clark's final step to becoming Superman.
>>
>> I personally don't care if Clark flys yet. I'd rather see Clark become a
>> part of a team, like the Justice League, then to fly off on his own, like
>> some kind of bloated, arrogant William Shatner.
>>

>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>
> I guess you've not been watching the show -- HE"S FLOWN AS A TEASE.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but it was shitty.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Christopher M.

Oct 6, 2008, 8:00:15 PM10/6/08
Dough wrote:

> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> ~vi wrote:
>>> Please explain again to me why Clark hasn't flown yet? He's gone
>>> across the world but not by flying???
>>
>> Maybe the writers see flying as Clark's final step to becoming Superman.
>>
>> I personally don't care if Clark flys yet. I'd rather see Clark become
>> a part of a team, like the Justice League, then to fly off on his own,
>> like some kind of bloated, arrogant William Shatner.
>>

> ... please... that's my Captain you're talking about!

I like Kirk as much as the next guy. I've even written some creepy Trek
fan fiction. But don't take may word for it. See for yourself how
disturbing it is:
http://www.fanfiction.net/~wpooh

Anim8rFSK

Oct 6, 2008, 8:45:19 PM10/6/08
In article <gcdi2...@news.evilcabal.org>,
"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "David E. Milligan" ...
> >
> > "WickeddollŽ"...

Is Reckoning the 100th episode? He was clearly flying in the Fortress
with Lana before the reset in that one.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:25:48 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I've seen a picture of Advance Scout and he could pass for an older Supe if
he still has the hair. My lithsome figure though is more suitable for the
nimble maneuverings of the Batman. The face mask helps to preserve the
effect too. ;-) I find the tights to be a bit constricting though.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:28:31 PM10/6/08

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Oh Gee we agree --- but it was a reset as you said and that means it didn't
happen even though it did, but it didn't, but it did.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:31:00 PM10/6/08

> Dough wrote:
>>
>> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Maybe the writers see flying as Clark's final step to becoming Superman.
>>>
>>> I personally don't care if Clark flys yet. I'd rather see Clark become a
>>> part of a team, like the Justice League, then to fly off on his own,
>>> like some kind of bloated, arrogant William Shatner.
>>>

>> ... please... that's my Captain you're talking about!
>
> I like Kirk as much as the next guy.

So are you saying you like EVERY guy? Kind of a whore aren't you?

Or are you saying that you like Kirk like everyone else does? It must be
the latter -- I think -- maybe. ;-)

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:32:02 PM10/6/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I think the Crusade flying was impressive for Smallville.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:38:31 PM10/6/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Take it easy on the Geezer -- you don't want to be the death of him! Maybe
he's part Beagle? Women say we're all dogs anyway so why not a Beagle?

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:40:14 PM10/6/08

"Advance Scout" <iva...@nospam.com> wrote in message
You got it -- stroke after stroke after stroke -- if you know what I mean --
nudge nudge -- wink wink.

BC

Oct 6, 2008, 9:45:48 PM10/6/08

"Martin Phipps" <martin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Martin

*Martin -- he's a neocon and that is the twist. The twist is their way of
life -- it isn't political but it is the way they deal with the world. In
my original conversation with him it was about flying -- eventually he
twisted it to be about controlled flight but it was never about control.

And in the above he says Clark was asleep. But he was fully awake, realized
where he was, THEN fell to the bed. It is difficult to be asleep and fully
awake at the same time and since he's telling the story to Jonathan later in
the same episode, he was fully aware that he was suspended above the bed.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 10:51:30 PM10/6/08
"Anim8rFSK"

> "WickeddollŽ" wrote:
>
>> "David E. Milligan" ...

Dunno which number ep it is, but the one you've described; where Jonathan
bought it.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 10:52:48 PM10/6/08
"BC"...

> "WickeddollŽ"...
>> "Advance Scout" ...

>>> And I never thought it was Cheesy and Loud. And I want one! (a real
>>> one). Although I will pass on the Brandon Routh version. Too skimpy.
>>>
>>> But give me the George Reeves color version! Heck I'll wear it to work.
>>> LOL
>>
>> Geek. If I had to choose, the Routh one would be the one I took. If I
>> had the body, of course...
>>>
>>> Give me the George Reeves color version, a mattress out a fake window,
>>> and some Adventures of Superman theme music and I'll be leaping out the
>>> window all day long ;)
>>
>> *backing away slowly*
>>
>> Natalie
> I've seen a picture of Advance Scout and he could pass for an older Supe
> if he still has the hair. My lithsome figure though is more suitable for
> the nimble maneuverings of the Batman. The face mask helps to preserve
> the effect too. ;-) I find the tights to be a bit constricting though.

This conversation has taken a disturbing turn...

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 6, 2008, 10:54:50 PM10/6/08
"BC" ...

> "WickeddollŽ"

>> *snip*

>>> Gotta keep hope alive! May be snow on the roof but there is fire in the
>>> furnace.

>> Yeah, like my hubby. I have a feeling he'll never slow down...
>>
>> Natalie
> Take it easy on the Geezer -- you don't want to be the death of him!
> Maybe he's part Beagle? Women say we're all dogs anyway so why not a
> Beagle?

He's too tall to be a beagle. Maybe a greyhound?

:-)

Natalie

Christopher M.

Oct 6, 2008, 10:59:58 PM10/6/08
BC wrote:
> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dough wrote:
>>> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> ... please... that's my Captain you're talking about!
>> I like Kirk as much as the next guy.
>
> So are you saying you like EVERY guy? Kind of a whore aren't you?

I'm not a whore. Sorry to disappoint you.

Christopher M.

Oct 6, 2008, 11:02:23 PM10/6/08
BC wrote:
> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> BC wrote:
>>> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I guess you've not been watching the show -- HE"S FLOWN AS A TEASE.
>> Yes, I'm aware of that, but it was shitty.
>
> I think the Crusade flying was impressive for Smallville.

The special effects were great, much better than the crap with Kara. But
it wasn't Clark. It was 'evil Kal-El' or something, so it doesn't count.
I thought you were referring to the time he floated.

Anim8rFSK

Oct 6, 2008, 11:09:39 PM10/6/08
In article <gce19...@news.evilcabal.org>,
"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Yeah. Big 100th ep. Absolutely he was flying.

Hunter

Oct 7, 2008, 12:11:33 AM10/7/08
In article <48ea8130$0$5632$607e...@cv.net>, iva...@nospam.com
says...

> Hunter wrote:
> > In article <48ea2917$0$5623$607e...@cv.net>, iva...@nospam.com
> > says...

> >> Maybe Hunters related to one of the writers. He never has anything
> >> negative to say about anything they write.
> > ---
> > Ah yes! Just like the 9/11 is an inside job wackos. Go against their
> > wacko theories you are a CIA agent, a pawn for the Bush
> > administration.
>

> HUH???????????????????????????????????? You, my friend, are nut job.
---
You are the one who said I was related to the writers. That is your
comback with my arguements about Clark not flying. And I have
critized the writers. for instance Kara Kent not realizing that Clark
wasn't human even after she knocked him a couple hundred feet at
least through the woulds and some campers. I just don't critizes for
the sake of critizing like a lot of people here. I research anything
that seem odd, but many people her jump on anything and assume the
writers got it wrong but much more often than not it is the fans that
get it wrong. For example the past Tundra question, or when Lex got
shot in the head, some think all people die from gunshot head wounds,
they don't. And also many people think that the producers drop plot
points without resolution, most of the time the fans are wrong. The
fans just forgot about how the plot ended because it was several
seasons ago. I just look at their complaints research and if
neccessary correct them if they are, as the fans are most of the
time. The dropping of the Clark, Chloe and Lana out of colleged
without explaination I did agree with the fans then, but most of the
time they are wrong because they interpret wrong missed it, or
simply forgot. Ofcourse there are people who just don't like the show
as is or the original show runners and just critizes for critisim
sake.

Unlike some people here, yes I like the show and like the show as it
is. I understood and agreed with the premise G&M came up with. I
understand they are barrowing and mixing and matching various themes
and stories form the superman mythos, including different tellings as
well as adding their own take. Some people here just don't like that.

(snip)

> >> And by the way- WTF happened to college?????????????? None of them ever
> >> went to class except twice when Clark met Professore Brainiac. Did they
> >> all quit? Go to the University of Phoenix online? Whaaa happened? No
> >> college degrees... and the Daily Planet hires the whole lot of them as
> >> reporters. Sheesh. I guess we are supposed to assume that they
> >> graduated college.
> > ----
> > I agree. but they went more than two times I am sure they went to
> > class off screen we are notwith them 24/7 a week past between the
> > events of "Plastique" and "Toxic" for instance. But yes we never
> > was given an explaination as to why they dropped out except classes
> > were interupted by Dark Thursday. That is a hole, I never denied that
> > there were some plot holes, just not nearly as many as some people
> > think or want to make out to be; but not what we were talking about
> > now.
>
> ROFLMAO at you- You are soooo passionate about this show... it sounds
> like you are going to have a stroke as you are writing this.

---
I'm not the one bitch and moaning that he flies NOW!, despite the
original intent of the producers-or insulting people like others in
this thread. Seeing how all of you complain and complain and complain
seems odd to me.

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 12:25:27 AM10/7/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
After all he is the Over Knight -- oops that's Flip Wilson -- Batman's the
Dark Knight.

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 12:37:53 AM10/7/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not a party animal eh? Well it was just your english.

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 12:43:59 AM10/7/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Kal-el and Clark are ONE IN THE SAME. IT"S THE SAME GUY. He was just
brainwashed or following a Jor-el program. (Kal-ark) he was in shock --
went to the hospital -- went home -- saw a picture and Jor-el programming
kicked in -- heard the stone's call and that triggered his "destiny"
programming. The black kryptonite cause him to purge the bad part of his
programming -- the Jor-el part. There were never two Clark's. And Clark
even remembered the whole thing -- watch the end of Crusade and Jonathan
asks him about it. He says"It was scary." "If I can do that who knows what
I can do." (paraphrased) And the emphasis for this discussion is on "IF I
CAN" -- he said "I" meaning HE did it.

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 12:44:59 AM10/7/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sleek and fast -- not good for the long haul -- maybe something stockier --
rotweiler?

> :-)
>
> Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 7, 2008, 12:48:25 AM10/7/08
"BC"

> "WickeddollŽ"

Oh gawd, I'm showing my age by *getting* that line...

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 7, 2008, 12:52:19 AM10/7/08

But...but... he's so sweet! He's 6'2", about 180#, so tall and slim
wouldn't be a good description of Rotts, I should think.

He's only fast when he needs to be, BTW ;-)

Natalie

Hunter

Oct 7, 2008, 3:47:42 AM10/7/08
In article <95e0c810-65ea-4060-83f5-
d7a7a7...@r15g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, martin...@yahoo.com
says...
---
No I haven't. When I say he cannot fly it is meant that he cannot
control himself at will. He obviously has that capability in him. As
has been pointed out he hovered over his bed, but when he awoke he
fell like a rock and could do it again. When he was caught in the
Tornado with Lana in the truck in vortex he willed himself with all
his might to save her while they were swirling in the tempest. I
analogize it to a 100lbs. mother lifting a car off her child that
was run over. Her body is obviously capable of it but it was under
extraordinary circumstances. Normally there would be no way for her
to lift it. Yes under that extraordinary effort he did it, but he
couldn't do it since.

He also had the assist of Lindsey Harrison, aka "Kara" in "Covenant"
when she took his hand Peter Pan style and tapped into his latent
power. Clark said as they were lifting off hand in hand "I can't fly"
Kara responded "You will". So he obviously has the innate ability,
never argued otherwise but it cannot be accessed by Clark's conscious
mind. He can't do it by himself as himself. What's good is it if you
can't do it normally? Therefore those examples don't count.

> Thus, it should also count when Jor-El took him
> over and he flew.

---
Sorry, it doesn't that is like saying I am flying the plane but
someone else is in the pilot seat while I am in the passenger area.
Clark wasn't flying he was being flown by the programed Kal-El
entity. When he flies unaided by himself under full control, that
would be when he flies.

> There were also some instances where it looked like
> he might have flown but it may not have been described as flying in
> the script.
>
> Martin

---
Key word: "Looked". Some of his jumping up, down, and broad jumps
could *look* like flight, but if that is the definition we are using
then, in another analogy that I use often, the Hulk with his mighty
leaps flies, but I don't think most people will be satisfied with
that definition of flight.

Again, when he flies like Kara (both of them) or uncle Zor-El or
father Jor-El or Martian Manhunter all who can control their takeoff
and maintain altitude change direction and land in a controlled
manner that would be flight. Okay, I will give him a pass on turning
in mid air and landing. If he takes off slowly, maintains altitude in
a single lateral direction I will say he is flying even if he can't
change direction and later falls on his face when he tries to come
down. Okay? LOL!

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 9:03:52 AM10/7/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

"The Devil made me do it, Honey!" ;-)
Flip was a funny guy.

> Natalie

BC

Oct 7, 2008, 9:19:23 AM10/7/08

"WickeddollŽ" <wickeddollnof...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sounds like you are very lucky.

> Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 7, 2008, 11:42:35 AM10/7/08
"BC"...

Ah, the comedy greats.

Natalie

WickeddollŽ

Oct 7, 2008, 11:43:44 AM10/7/08
"BC"

I really, really am

Natalie

Christopher M.

Oct 7, 2008, 10:26:49 PM10/7/08
BC wrote:
> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> BC wrote:
>>> "Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> So are you saying you like EVERY guy? Kind of a whore aren't you?
>> I'm not a whore. Sorry to disappoint you.
>
> Not a party animal eh? Well it was just your english.

You're starting to sound like a grammar Nazi. Looks like the pot has
been calling the kettle black.

Christopher M.

Oct 7, 2008, 10:28:39 PM10/7/08

Yes I know. Clark wasn't himself. He was 'evil Kal-El'.

WickeddollŽ

Oct 7, 2008, 11:09:04 PM10/7/08
"Christopher M."

Gotta hand it to you, Pooh - when you latch on to a concept, others have to
wrench it from you, while you kick and scream. I've only been here a short
time, but I've already noticed that you don't seem to want to consider the
possibility that the other person may be right. You state your opinion, and
won't budge from that assertion. It makes me wonder why you even come here.
If you don't think others know anything, isn't it frustrating for them to
keep saying it, and you keep reading it? Seriously, I'd like to know. I
would think it would be unpleasant for you. I'd like to know what you get
out of this, if you don't mind my asking.

Of course Clark is Kal-El, and Jor-El tapped into that side of him somehow.

There is only one Clark, and he *is* Kal-El. He always has been. I doubt
you'll find many folks other than yourself who believe otherwise -
especially the folks who created the character. Actually the character
himself came to that conclusion at the end of "Hidden"

Natalie

Christopher M.

Oct 7, 2008, 11:32:16 PM10/7/08

When did I disagree with BC?

Christopher M.

Oct 7, 2008, 11:34:33 PM10/7/08

I know Clark is Kal-El. He was an evil version of Kal-El in that
episode. Clark wasn't himself.

BC

Oct 8, 2008, 12:43:44 AM10/8/08

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm not saying it was wrong, Heinrich -- I knew what you meant, but it was
worded another way -- here it is, look closely: "I like Kirk as much as the
next guy." You could have said I like Kirk as much as the next guy likes
Kirk. Or I like Kirk the same way everyone else likes Kirk. You don't see
this? Are you from Canada?

It is loading more messages.