Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade

MICHELLE H.

Mar 18, 2010, 5:52:46 PM3/18/10
Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade

http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069390p1.html

BC

Mar 18, 2010, 6:20:51 PM3/18/10

"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade
>

> http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069390p1.html

Agree with all those except The Punisher.

Disagree that Dark Knight was a shining example (no backstory or motive on
the Joker like the first Batman) -- Batman Begins was the best of all.

MICHELLE H.

Mar 18, 2010, 7:00:56 PM3/18/10
I agree with you on that one! I too loved Batman Begins and think that
it was better than "The Dark Knight".

As far as "The Punisher" goes, which one did you like? The 1989 Dolph
Lundgren one, or the 1990's ( forgot what year? ) Thomas Jane and John
Travolta one??

MICHELLE H.

Mar 18, 2010, 7:23:25 PM3/18/10
I think that X-Men 3 should have been HIGHER up on that list, perhaps
even in the worst top 5. X-Men 3 was absolutely terrible because they
killed off just about every MAIN original character.

Cyclops dies, Professor X dies, Jean Grey/Phoenix dies AGAIN, Rogue
gives up her powers forever, Magneto loses most of his powers.

redhawk

Mar 18, 2010, 7:42:53 PM3/18/10

I'm pretty sure that Cyclops lived, later on he moved in with Lois
Lane. ;-)

MICHELLE H.

Mar 18, 2010, 7:59:18 PM3/18/10
Yeah, maybe Jean Grey/Phoenix just sent him into the "DC" universe!!!!!

J R Laredo

Mar 18, 2010, 8:11:21 PM3/18/10

"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade
>

> http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069390p1.html

What I find surprising is how "Daredevil" is somehow rising in esteem. The
latest mention in TVGuide gives it 3 out of 4 stars and a favorable review.
I'm wondering, was the movie remade while I wasn't looking?

Christopher M.

Mar 18, 2010, 8:19:48 PM3/18/10
"J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message

There's a director's cut:
http://dvd.ign.com/articles/559/559295p1.html

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

J R Laredo

Mar 18, 2010, 8:25:22 PM3/18/10

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Does the director's cut remove the TARDIS church? It is taller on the
inside than on the outside.

Christopher M.

Mar 18, 2010, 8:24:27 PM3/18/10
"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade
>

> http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069390p1.html

X3 was so bad I considered leaving early to avoid a riot. I loved the first
Fantastic Four. The Thomas Jane 'Punisher' movie wasn't great, but it had
some really cool scenes.

Christopher M.

Mar 18, 2010, 8:25:29 PM3/18/10

"J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message

Ha ha. I love TARDIS jokes.

Christopher M.

Mar 18, 2010, 8:28:52 PM3/18/10

"BC" <bcph...@att.net> wrote in message

Dark Knight was overrated.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 18, 2010, 9:07:46 PM3/18/10
In article <CZCdnSftb-G1XD_W...@giganews.com>,

I think Elektra made it look good.

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John

Unknown

Mar 18, 2010, 10:30:34 PM3/18/10

"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Plus a big error in the climax. Magneto used his powers to move the Golden
Gate bridge to Alcatraz. When he lost his powers, that should have
collapsed and it didn't.

Christopher M.

Mar 18, 2010, 10:35:25 PM3/18/10

"MG" <()> wrote in message

The entire movie was totally jackass. This image of Juggernaut pretty much
sums it up:
http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/xmen_juggernaut800.jpg

argento32

Mar 19, 2010, 4:53:16 PM3/19/10
On Mar 18, 10:28 pm, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "BC" <bcpho...@att.net> wrote in message

> > "MICHELLE H." <FALCONG...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> >> Top 10 Worst Comic Book Movies of the Decade
>
> >>http://movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069390p1.html
>
> > Agree with all those except The Punisher.
>
> > Disagree that Dark Knight was a shining example (no backstory or motive on
> > the Joker like the first Batman) -- Batman Begins was the best of all.
>
> Dark Knight was overrated.
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Dark Knight was severely over-rated and there is absolutely no reason
to have either of the Punisher films on the worst list.

BC

Mar 19, 2010, 6:39:38 PM3/19/10

"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

The latter.

J R Laredo

Mar 19, 2010, 8:05:35 PM3/19/10

"argento32" <aaron...@gmail.com> wrote in message

What gets me about the reviews of the Jane "Punisher" is that there always
seems to be a mention that it is "humorless." Well, duh, helloooooooooooo.
Kinda the point?

Christopher M.

Mar 19, 2010, 9:14:58 PM3/19/10

"J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message

Thomas Jane's 'Punisher' was grim. The Punisher I remember from the comics,
the one who dropped Micro's dead nephew like he was delivering a package,
was more macabre.

Message has been deleted

Christopher M.

Mar 19, 2010, 11:30:17 PM3/19/10

"Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> And going back *more* than a decade...
>
> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman

I don't know why people are harping on the first Fantastic Four movie. The
sequel (Silver Surfer) was a disaster.

Christopher M.

Unknown

Mar 20, 2010, 12:01:47 AM3/20/10

"Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> And going back *more* than a decade...
>
> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman

I've got it on VHS. For the budget, it isn't that bad.

> 2. Superman 3 and 4.
>
> 3. There's also a very early Spider-Man that's considered to be
> unwatchable.

Are you referring to the TV show? Because that's the only Spider-Man
project I can think of. (Except for an unauthorized ripoff done out of the
US.)

> 4. And both Swamp Thing movies.
>
> Studios should stick to, and improve upon, the cartoons: "Public Enemies",
> "World's Finest", "Crisis on Two Earths"
> were all good.

The Reb Brown Captain America was worse than anything you mentioned.

J R Laredo

Mar 20, 2010, 6:59:39 AM3/20/10

"Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> And going back *more* than a decade...
>
> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman

I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at all
since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
better than the 2005 one.

> 2. Superman 3 and 4.
>
> 3. There's also a very early Spider-Man that's considered to be
> unwatchable.

Not to mention 2 Captain Americas.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 20, 2010, 10:26:00 AM3/20/10
In article <OemdnZlK-K0HNznW...@giganews.com>,

"J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote:

> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > And going back *more* than a decade...
> >
> > 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
> > Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
> > http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
> >

> I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at all
> since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
> better than the 2005 one.
>
> > 2. Superman 3 and 4.
> >
> > 3. There's also a very early Spider-Man that's considered to be
> > unwatchable.
>
> Not to mention 2 Captain Americas.

3 Captain Americas.

Madlove

Mar 20, 2010, 11:08:28 AM3/20/10
MG wrote:

> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> And going back *more* than a decade...
>>
>> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
>> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
>> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
>
> I've got it on VHS. For the budget, it isn't that bad.

The budget didn't kill it, it was the inane storyline and "explanation"
of why they got their powers. Sue turns invisible because she's shy?!?
Johnny is a hothead, so he becomes the Torch?!? Ben is a thug...

Yeesh!!!

>> 2. Superman 3 and 4.
>>
>> 3. There's also a very early Spider-Man that's considered to be
>> unwatchable.
>
> Are you referring to the TV show? Because that's the only Spider-Man
> project I can think of. (Except for an unauthorized ripoff done out of
> the US.)

No, not the Nick Hammond TV show -- that was bad enough.
This was a movie done back in the 80s. It may be the same one that you
mentioned.
This one showed him climbing *on* people. Weird...

>> 4. And both Swamp Thing movies.
>>
>> Studios should stick to, and improve upon, the cartoons: "Public
>> Enemies", "World's Finest", "Crisis on Two Earths"
>> were all good.
>
> The Reb Brown Captain America was worse than anything you mentioned.

I was gonna mention that one, but I decided not to. That's another
character that needs
to be either overhauled or dropped outright. And then there's the Capt.
America movie from
the 90s that features rubber ears on the outside of the costume! :-D

Madlove

Mar 20, 2010, 11:13:18 AM3/20/10
J R Laredo wrote:
> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
>> x-no-archive: yes
>>
>> And going back *more* than a decade...
>>
>> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
>> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
>> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
>>

> I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at all
> since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
> better than the 2005 one.

I read that it was never supposed to be released, and how the studio
used the actors.

Yes, Corman did "The Thing" better, IMO.

Christopher M.

Mar 20, 2010, 11:34:07 AM3/20/10

> MG wrote:
>>
>> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
>>> x-no-archive: yes
>>>
>>> And going back *more* than a decade...
>>>
>>> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
>>> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
>>> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
>>
>> I've got it on VHS. For the budget, it isn't that bad.
>

> The budget didn't kill it, it was the inane storyline and "explanation"
> of why they got their powers. Sue turns invisible because she's shy?!?
> Johnny is a hothead, so he becomes the Torch?!? Ben is a thug...
>
> Yeesh!!!

The person who wrote this article obviously confused Fantastic Four (1994)
with Fantastic Four (2005). The 2005 movie was very successful. It made over
150 million dollars. I liked it so much I got a tattoo on my ass.

MICHELLE H.

Mar 20, 2010, 3:34:13 PM3/20/10
I agree with "Madlove", why wasn't Superman 3 and 4 on that list?? Lets
not forget in Superman 3 how the the bad guy ( Robert Vaughn ) tries to
kill Supes with missiles while playing an Atari 2600 videogame!!!!! Then
at the end, Supes has to face the dreaded 'Super Computer"!!!!

The only thing good abut Superman 3 was that he gets drunk, has sex with
the Blond chick, and then we get to see bad, evil Supes fight boyscout
Clark at the junkyard.

Superman 4 was just as bad where he fights "Nuclear Man" and Supes
girlfriend Lacy can BREATHE in the coldness of space with NO AIR!!!!!
And in the DVD version of Superman 4, we get to see a deleted scene in
which Supes has to fight a retarded 1st version of "Nuclear Man".

MICHELLE H.

Mar 20, 2010, 3:47:21 PM3/20/10
I don't agree with "The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman" being on the
list. I thought it was a pretty good movie, even though the part with
tanks, cars, bombs, and Nemo's super submarine all being around in the
1800's is ludicrous. But I liked the different assortment of characters,
all with their own trademark powers.

I am surprised the "Spiderman 2" wasn't on the list?? While the action
may have being good, the story was kinda dumb!!! Peter loses his powers
just because he is UNSURE if he really wants to be Spiderman? So not
knowing if he wants to continue being Spidey, causes him to lose his
powers!? DUMB! Also, another stupid part was when he is trying to stop
the train, and he rips off his mask and everyone on the whole train
finds out his identity!!!!!

MICHELLE H.

Mar 20, 2010, 3:53:39 PM3/20/10
Also, where the hell was "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin" on that
list. Who can forget how STUPID the Batmobile looked in "Batman Forever"
and how everything in Gotham was all neon in color.

Then in "Batman and Robin", all the buildings in Gotham are like a
Gazillion feet high, and there are statues and stuff a Gazillion feet
high as well, and the Batmobile can drive straight up the sides of these
buildings!!!!!

J R Laredo

Mar 20, 2010, 5:51:23 PM3/20/10

"Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message

> MG wrote:
>>
>> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
>>> x-no-archive: yes
>>>
>>> And going back *more* than a decade...
>>>
>>> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
>>> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
>>> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
>>
>> I've got it on VHS. For the budget, it isn't that bad.
>

> The budget didn't kill it, it was the inane storyline and "explanation"
> of why they got their powers. Sue turns invisible because she's shy?!?
> Johnny is a hothead, so he becomes the Torch?!? Ben is a thug...

Well, that is straight out of the comic, that their powers were
manifistations of their personality traits. Reed's intellect allows him to
be flexible in solving problems, in case you were wondering what his
explanation was. So, on that issue you can't blame this movie.

Christopher M.

Mar 20, 2010, 7:51:46 PM3/20/10

>I don't agree with "The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman" being on the
> list. I thought it was a pretty good movie, even though the part with
> tanks, cars, bombs, and Nemo's super submarine all being around in the
> 1800's is ludicrous. But I liked the different assortment of characters,
> all with their own trademark powers.

I also am not one of those who hate "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

> I am surprised the "Spiderman 2" wasn't on the list?? While the action
> may have being good, the story was kinda dumb!!! Peter loses his powers
> just because he is UNSURE if he really wants to be Spiderman? So not
> knowing if he wants to continue being Spidey, causes him to lose his
> powers!? DUMB! Also, another stupid part was when he is trying to stop
> the train, and he rips off his mask and everyone on the whole train
> finds out his identity!!!!!

I liked Spiderman 2.

Spiderman 2 quote:

(Aunt) May Parker: "I believe there's a hero in all of us, that keeps us
honest, gives us strength, makes us noble, and finally allows us to die with
pride, even though sometimes we have to be steady, and give up the thing we
want the most. Even our dreams."

Christopher M.

Mar 20, 2010, 7:54:39 PM3/20/10

> Also, where the hell was "Batman Forever" and "Batman and Robin" on that
> list. Who can forget how STUPID the Batmobile looked in "Batman Forever"
> and how everything in Gotham was all neon in color.

Indeed. This list is much more accurate:
http://wiw.org/~jess/archives/2007/05/04/worst-superhero-movies/

> Then in "Batman and Robin", all the buildings in Gotham are like a
> Gazillion feet high, and there are statues and stuff a Gazillion feet
> high as well, and the Batmobile can drive straight up the sides of these
> buildings!!!!!

Who knew Joel Shumacher would churn out that rubbish after The Lost Boys.

Christopher M.

Mar 20, 2010, 7:57:26 PM3/20/10
"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Actually, this list is better:
http://www.moviecatcher.net/worst-superhero-movies-ever-made/

Martin Phipps

Mar 20, 2010, 8:37:56 PM3/20/10

dec·ade (dkd, d-kd)
n.
1. A period of ten years.
2. A group or series of ten.
[Middle English, a group of ten, from Old French, from Late Latin
decas, decad-, from Greek dekas, from deka, ten; see dek in Indo-
European roots.]

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

MICHELLE H.

Mar 20, 2010, 9:01:13 PM3/20/10
I liked Spiderman 2, I just thought that the whole "him losing his
powers because he was unsure if he wanted to continue being Spidey"
thing was kind of dumb.

I actually liked Spiderman 3 as well, even though Harry dies at then
end. Would have liked to see Harry live!!

I am GLAD to see that someone else ( you! ) liked "The League Of
Extraordinary Gentleman", and that I am not the only one out there who
likes it. I wish they would make "The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman
2", but don't know if that will ever happen, because so many people
hated the movie. But like I said earlier, I like the different cast of
characters, and how they were each special in there own way:

Mina Harker: Female Vampire

Dorian Grey: Invulnerable/Couldn't Die

Tom Sawyer: U.S. Special Agent

Captain Nemo: Ruler of the Seas/Excellent Swordsman

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Scientist and Monster

Skinner: The Invisible Man

Alan Quatermain: Famous Explorer

Anim8rFSK

Mar 20, 2010, 9:47:37 PM3/20/10
In article <13956-4BA...@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net>,
FALCO...@webtv.net (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

> I liked Spiderman 2, I just thought that the whole "him losing his
> powers because he was unsure if he wanted to continue being Spidey"
> thing was kind of dumb.
>

> I actually liked Spiderman 3 as well, even though Harry dies at then
> end. Would have liked to see Harry live!!
>

> I am GLAD to see that someone else ( you! ) liked "The League Of
> Extraordinary Gentleman", and that I am not the only one out there who
> likes it. I wish they would make "The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman
> 2", but don't know if that will ever happen, because so many people
> hated the movie. But like I said earlier, I like the different cast of
> characters, and how they were each special in there own way:
>

> Mina Harker: Female Vampire
>
> Dorian Grey: Invulnerable/Couldn't Die
>
> Tom Sawyer: U.S. Special Agent

Who should have been old and senile

> Captain Nemo: Ruler of the Seas/Excellent Swordsman
>
> Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Scientist and Monster
>
> Skinner: The Invisible Man
>
> Alan Quatermain: Famous Explorer

Anim8rFSK

Mar 20, 2010, 9:48:14 PM3/20/10
In article <27362-4BA...@storefull-3252.bay.webtv.net>,
FALCO...@webtv.net (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

> I agree with "Madlove", why wasn't Superman 3 and 4 on that list??

Because they were made 20 years too early?

Anim8rFSK

Mar 20, 2010, 9:49:09 PM3/20/10
In article <Mx5pn.68594$Db2.35524@edtnps83>,
Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote:

> MG wrote:
> >
> > "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
> >> x-no-archive: yes
> >>
> >> And going back *more* than a decade...
> >>
> >> 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
> >> Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
> >> http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
> >
> > I've got it on VHS. For the budget, it isn't that bad.
>

> The budget didn't kill it, it was the inane storyline and "explanation"
> of why they got their powers. Sue turns invisible because she's shy?!?
> Johnny is a hothead, so he becomes the Torch?!? Ben is a thug...
>
> Yeesh!!!

That's the original origin you know.

Christopher M.

Mar 20, 2010, 11:02:36 PM3/20/10
"MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

>I liked Spiderman 2, I just thought that the whole "him losing his
> powers because he was unsure if he wanted to continue being Spidey"
> thing was kind of dumb.

It was more like he didn't want the powers.

> I actually liked Spiderman 3 as well, even though Harry dies at then
> end. Would have liked to see Harry live!!

I didn't get into the third one.

> I am GLAD to see that someone else ( you! ) liked "The League Of
> Extraordinary Gentleman", and that I am not the only one out there who
> likes it. I wish they would make "The League Of Extraordinary Gentleman
> 2", but don't know if that will ever happen, because so many people
> hated the movie. But like I said earlier, I like the different cast of
> characters, and how they were each special in there own way:
>
> Mina Harker: Female Vampire
>
> Dorian Grey: Invulnerable/Couldn't Die
>
> Tom Sawyer: U.S. Special Agent
>
> Captain Nemo: Ruler of the Seas/Excellent Swordsman
>
> Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Scientist and Monster
>
> Skinner: The Invisible Man
>
> Alan Quatermain: Famous Explorer

Maybe if I knew more about the comic book I wouldn't have liked it. I think
a lot of fans weren't happy with the casting of Allan Quatermain and Tom
Sawyer, and the plot twist at the end. with Dorian Gray.

Martin Phipps

Mar 21, 2010, 1:03:52 AM3/21/10
On Mar 20, 8:02 pm, "Christopher M." <no-spamcm_ano...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "MICHELLE H." <FALCONG...@webtv.net> wrote in message

The comic had no Tom Sawyer and the antagonists were Martians.

Martin

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

J R Laredo

Mar 21, 2010, 1:42:13 PM3/21/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> In article <OemdnZlK-K0HNznW...@giganews.com>,
> "J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote:
>

>> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message
>> > x-no-archive: yes
>> >
>> > And going back *more* than a decade...
>> >
>> > 1. The 'Fantastic Four' (from the early 90s) that was done by
>> > Roger Corman -- you can get it by torrent only
>> > http://btjunkie.org/search?q=fantastic+four+corman
>> >

>> I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at
>> all
>> since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
>> better than the 2005 one.
>>
>> > 2. Superman 3 and 4.
>> >
>> > 3. There's also a very early Spider-Man that's considered to be
>> > unwatchable.
>>
>> Not to mention 2 Captain Americas.
>
> 3 Captain Americas.

Oh, dear. I looked it up and there was a SEQUEL to Reb Brown's Cap. It is
a wonder that didn't cause solar neutrinos to cause an imbalance to the
Earth's core.

J R Laredo

Mar 21, 2010, 1:48:58 PM3/21/10

"Christopher M." <no-spamc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Don't know about the comic, but the movie got Dorian Gray all wrong: it
wasn't that he couldn't see his portrait, it was that if the portrait was
destroyed all his age and disease would transfer back to him.

Message has been deleted

Christopher M.

Mar 21, 2010, 5:18:51 PM3/21/10

> "Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <OemdnZlK-K0HNznW...@giganews.com>,
>> "J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message

>>> I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at
>>> all
>>> since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
>>> better than the 2005 one.

>>> Not to mention 2 Captain Americas.
>>
>> 3 Captain Americas.
>
> Oh, dear. I looked it up and there was a SEQUEL to Reb Brown's Cap. It
> is a wonder that didn't cause solar neutrinos to cause an imbalance to the
> Earth's core.

Turn that smile upside down and rock out with Captain America (contains
explicit lyrics):
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/549883/

Christopher M.

Mar 21, 2010, 5:25:11 PM3/21/10

"J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message

> "Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In article <OemdnZlK-K0HNznW...@giganews.com>,
>> "J R Laredo" <jrlar...@comcastREMOVETHIS.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Madlove" <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote in message

>>> I got mine at a comic convention. It wasn't supposed to be released at
>>> all
>>> since it was a legal maneuver to retain the rights. In some ways it is
>>> better than the 2005 one.

>>> Not to mention 2 Captain Americas.
>>
>> 3 Captain Americas.
>
> Oh, dear. I looked it up and there was a SEQUEL to Reb Brown's Cap. It
> is a wonder that didn't cause solar neutrinos to cause an imbalance to the
> Earth's core.

Turn that frown upside down and rock out with Captain America (contains

Anim8rFSK

Mar 21, 2010, 8:45:58 PM3/21/10
In article <Toqpn.68667$Db2.61687@edtnps83>,
Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes

> Christopher M. wrote:
> > "MICHELLE H." <FALCO...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> >> I liked Spider-Man 2, I just thought that the whole "him losing his

> >> powers because he was unsure if he wanted to continue being Spidey"
> >> thing was kind of dumb.
> >
> > It was more like he didn't want the powers.
> >

> >> I actually liked Spider-Man 3 as well, even though Harry dies at then

> >> end. Would have liked to see Harry live!!
> >
> > I didn't get into the third one.
>

> All of them were good, but some had more flaws than others -- namely the
> 3rd movie!
>

> >> I am GLAD to see that someone else ( you! ) liked "The League of

> >> Extraordinary Gentleman", and that I am not the only one out there who

> >> likes it. I wish they would make "The League of Extraordinary Gentleman

> >> 2", but don't know if that will ever happen, because so many people
> >> hated the movie. But like I said earlier, I like the different cast of
> >> characters, and how they were each special in there own way:
> >>
> >> Mina Harker: Female Vampire
> >>
> >> Dorian Grey: Invulnerable/Couldn't Die
> >>
> >> Tom Sawyer: U.S. Special Agent
> >>
> >> Captain Nemo: Ruler of the Seas/Excellent Swordsman
> >>
> >> Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: Scientist and Monster
> >>
> >> Skinner: The Invisible Man
> >>
> >> Alan Quatermain: Famous Explorer
> >
> > Maybe if I knew more about the comic book I wouldn't have liked it. I think
> > a lot of fans weren't happy with the casting of Allan Quatermain and Tom

> > Sawyer, and the plot twist at the end, with Dorian Gray.

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>

> Didn't like the movie at all (*driving* cars on the 'streets' of
> Venice?!?) and I
> have not read the comic yet. I do have it in scanned form on my drive;
> hope to read it soon. :-D

The movie has virtually nothing to do with the comic.

mild spoilers

But really, if they'd made the LXG movie with a different title and not
paid Moore, would he even have had a lawsuit? "Your honor, it was my
idea to team up a bunch of characters I didn't create and have no rights
to. These people made a movie that's somewhat similar, using a couple
of the same characters they didn't create and have no rights to, in a
completely different storyline."

And Tom Sawyer? Tom Freaking Sawyer, who was a boy before the American
Civil War? He should have been older than Quartermain! It would have
been fun to have Richard Chamberlain as a creaky old Quatermain though.

And when you can't use Fu-Manchu, hey, substitute Winslow Leech. Who'll
know the difference? (From the school of thought that gave us Larry
Luckinbill as Sybok instead of Sean Connery, 'cause they're
interchangeable and all).

Anim8rFSK

Mar 21, 2010, 8:50:26 PM3/21/10
In article <z7qdnZWQ19_uxzvW...@giganews.com>,

Ah. I wondered which one was omitted; I thought maybe it was the Albert
Pyun Rubber Ears version.

There's a 1944 serial too.

Anim8rFSK

Mar 21, 2010, 8:51:29 PM3/21/10
In article <V6jpn.71579$PH1.53234@edtnps82>,
Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes

> MICHELLE H. wrote:
> > I agree with "Madlove", why wasn't Superman 3 and 4 on that list??
>

> It's 'Worst of the Decade'.
>
> That's why I said, 'if we go back further'.
>
> (i gotta see that old spider-man movie from 20 yrs. ago...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Dev_Adam

Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Mar 22, 2010, 9:33:30 PM3/22/10
In article <pXOpn.68766$Db2.13616@edtnps83>,
Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes

> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <V6jpn.71579$PH1.53234@edtnps82>,
> > Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc> wrote:
> >
> >> x-no-archive: yes

> >> It's 'Worst of the Decade'.
> >>
> >> That's why I said, 'if we go back further'.
> >>
> >> (i gotta see that old spider-man movie from 20 yrs. ago...)
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Dev_Adam
>

> The one from 20 years ago, not 30 years ago. Was made mid 80s.
> Pure cheese... :-D

Are you saying there are TWO Turkish Spider-Man films?

Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Mar 23, 2010, 2:46:48 PM3/23/10
In article <u%Wpn.63$844.45@edtnps83>, Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc>
wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > Are you saying there are TWO Turkish Spider-Man films?
>

> nope... this one is english.

Okay, so an English Spider-Man film from 20 years ago. 1990? Any other
info?

Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Mar 26, 2010, 1:13:22 AM3/26/10
In article <VkWqn.107$z%6.73@edtnps83>, Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc>
wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Anim8rFSK wrote:
> > In article <u%Wpn.63$844.45@edtnps83>, Madlove <mad...@arkham.dc>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> x-no-archive: yes

> >> nope... this one is english.
> >
> > Okay, so an English Spider-Man film from 20 years ago. 1990? Any other
> > info?
>

> Actually I first heard about it back in the early 90s (on a computer
> BBS!), so it was
> (most likely) done back in the 80s. Somebody mentioned it in passing but
> it's probably
> not worth seeking out, as it's only somewhat above the old Spider-Man
> live-action TV
> show.
>
> The FX would be very low-tech by today's standards...

Ah, you didn't see it yourself? Then it might well be one of the movie
compilations of the aforementioned TV show.

Martin Phipps

Mar 26, 2010, 7:16:05 AM3/26/10
On Mar 25, 10:13 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <VkWqn.107$z%6.73@edtnps83>, Madlove <madl...@arkham.dc>

> wrote:
>

> > x-no-archive: yes
>
> > Anim8rFSK wrote:

> > > Okay, so an English Spider-Man film from 20 years ago. 1990? Any other
> > > info?
>
> > Actually I first heard about it back in the early 90s (on a computer
> > BBS!), so it was
> > (most likely) done back in the 80s. Somebody mentioned it in passing but
> > it's probably
> > not worth seeking out, as it's only somewhat above the old Spider-Man
> > live-action TV
> > show.
>
> > The FX would be very low-tech by today's standards...
>
> Ah, you didn't see it yourself?  Then it might well be one of the movie
> compilations of the aforementioned TV show.

Yeah, it's just two episodes of the TV show.

Martin

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted