SCTV Volume 2

Recess Monkey

Jul 23, 2004, 9:25:02 AM7/23/04
Hi -

Just a quick note that Shout! has announced a release date of October
19th for SCTV Volume 2. They have not announced extras as of yet but
having seen a preliminary list - these look like they will make Justin
Pate quite happy!

Volume 2 will be comprised of all episodes from Season 4 Cycle 2.

Cheers.

PS - Although there has been no official word and will not be for
awhile, Cycle 3 is tentatviely scheduled for February '05.

Mark The Shark

Jul 23, 2004, 11:12:05 AM7/23/04

I just saw this myself over at tvshowsondvd.com. This is great news. I have
only a few of the Cycle II shows on VHS, and I don't really remember them that
well from when they originally aired. They seem to be regarded my many people
as some of the best. I'm looking forward to checking them out. Although we
probably won't be so fortunate this time to get a deal from Blockbuster. (I
finally did get my DVDs from them, a couple weeks after I'd cracked down and
bought a set at Best Buy--for less than the list price, but still more than the
Blockbuster price. It's the only time I've ever done it, but I have an
additional copy of the set which I haven't even opened.) ("I don't ordinarily
do this...but let's see some more of that movie!")

Of course, I'm really looking forward to the Seasons 1-2-3 shows most of all,
and I also really hope the "SCTV Channel" shows are in there somewhere
eventually too.

After such a long delay when Second City kept saying "We'll be making the DVDs
available real soon...yeah, real soon...next year! No, wait, no, the year after
that!" It seems like they probably took care of whatever business they had to
do to get their clearances, so maybe these will come out in a timely manner
after all. I really do hope they sell enough to justify (in a "bottom line"
sense) releasing the rest of the series.
"I used to be into bestiality, S&M and necrophilia, but then I realized I was
just beating a dead horse."

Lulu

Jul 23, 2004, 11:05:28 AM7/23/04
Recess Monkey wrote:

Wow...sounds like the sets are makin' money. Quite remarkable for a
show that was cancelled 20 years ago, and (unlike I Love Lucy, Dick Van
Dyke, etc.) has seen only fitful airplay in the intervening years.

Yippee!!

-Lulu

BOB BARNETT

Jul 23, 2004, 12:02:43 PM7/23/04
Recess Monkey wrote:

9 more 90 min episodes, incl
"Libby Wolfson-I'm taking my own head and screwing it on right......"
"SCTV Xmas Party"
"Zontar"
"The Godfather"
"Walter Cronkite's Brain"
"Yizell Dithers in the Jazz Singer"
Candy in "Hey Giorgi"
Origin of the Juul Haalmeyer Dancers
Tons of extras

24 page booklet w essay by Howard Rosenberg

pghjerry

Jul 23, 2004, 3:32:12 PM7/23/04
All I ask (and pray for) is that Gangway for Miracles is not edited in any
way, shape or form.

Recess Monkey

Jul 23, 2004, 3:36:42 PM7/23/04
m_k...@hotmail.com (Recess Monkey) wrote in message news:<7b39cbf6.0407...@posting.google.com>...

To add, extras will include the following:

Larger Than Life: The Norman Seeff Photo Sessions
SCTV Remembers, Part 2
The SCTV Writers
The Juul Haalmeyer Dancers
A Behind-The-Scenes Photo Gallery
SCTV at the 1982 Emmy Awards

Lola

Jul 23, 2004, 5:42:59 PM7/23/04
m_k...@hotmail.com (Recess Monkey) wrote in message news:<7b39cbf6.0407...@posting.google.com>...

Larger Than Life: The Norman Seeff Photo Sessions
In 1982 SCTV knew it had hit the big time when famed music
photographer Norman Seeff arrived for a weeklong photo assignment for
Life magazine. A rare look back at SCTV at a time when it was changing
the face of television.
SCTV Remembers, Pt. 2
Joe Flaherty and Eugene Levy recently sat down and talked for hours
about SCTV, including the origin of some of their most memorable
characters.
The SCTV Writers
In the fall of 2003, the Emmy Žaward-winning writers discussed the
process of writing for and with the legendary ensemble cast. Hosted by
Second City producer Dick Blasucci.
The Juul Haalmeyer Dancers
Juul explains the origins and all the backstage secrets of the famous
dance group that bears his name.
A Behind-The-Scenes Photo Gallery
SCTV's hair, makeup and wardrobe achievements are legendary. This
gallery of never-before-seen photos is from the collection of SCTV
hair designer Judi Cooper Sealy.
SCTV At The 1982 Emmy Awards
SCTV wins for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy
program.
A photo-packed 24-page booklet with an essay by Howard Rosenberg, the
Pulitzer-Prize winning television critic for the Los Angeles Times
from 1973 - 2003
Episodes include:

EPISODE #88 CCCP 1 - Broadcast October 11, 1981
EPISODE #89 I'm Taking My Own Head... - Broadcast October 23, 1981
EPISODE #90 Zontar - Broadcast October 27, 1981
EPISODE #91 Walter Cronkite's Brain - Broadcast November 9, 1981
EPISODE #92 Doorway to Hell - Broadcast November 16, 1981
EPISODE #93 The Godfather - Broadcast December 9, 1981
EPISODE #94 SCTV Staff Christmas Party - Broadcast December 18, 1981
EPISODE #95 Teacher's Pet - Broadcast February 12, 1982
EPISODE #96 Midnight Video Special - Broadcast February 19, 1982
The DVDs have a total running time of around 13 hours, and will carry
a suggested retail price of $89.98 US.

Mpoconnor7

Jul 24, 2004, 8:10:21 AM7/24/04
>9 more 90 min episodes, incl
>"Libby Wolfson-I'm taking my own head and screwing it on right......"
>"SCTV Xmas Party"
>"Zontar"
>"The Godfather"
>"Walter Cronkite's Brain"
>"Yizell Dithers in the Jazz Singer"
>Candy in "Hey Giorgi"

Does that mean that CCCP1 will be on the upcoming DVD set? IIRC Hey Giorgi was
part of the aforementioned episode.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".

violiner2000

Jul 24, 2004, 4:33:16 PM7/24/04
jkb...@cox.net (Lola) wrote in message news:<4f161016.04072...@posting.google.com>...

I won't be eating for weeks, but I'll be getting it the first day it
comes out! Oh, I can't wait!!!!!

T&L

Jul 24, 2004, 11:40:33 PM7/24/04
Recess Monkey wrote:

Beauty eh!?

Jim Bennie

Jul 25, 2004, 2:09:35 AM7/25/04
On alt.tv.sctv, jkb...@cox.net (Lola) wrote in message news:<4f161016.04072...@posting.google.com>...

> The Juul Haalmeyer Dancers
> Juul explains the origins and all the backstage secrets of the famous
> dance group that bears his name.

What about the Juul Haalmeyer Skaters? Trudi will want that!

> EPISODE #88 CCCP 1 - Broadcast October 11, 1981
> EPISODE #89 I'm Taking My Own Head... - Broadcast October 23, 1981
> EPISODE #90 Zontar - Broadcast October 27, 1981
> EPISODE #91 Walter Cronkite's Brain - Broadcast November 9, 1981
> EPISODE #92 Doorway to Hell - Broadcast November 16, 1981
> EPISODE #93 The Godfather - Broadcast December 9, 1981
> EPISODE #94 SCTV Staff Christmas Party - Broadcast December 18, 1981
> EPISODE #95 Teacher's Pet - Broadcast February 12, 1982
> EPISODE #96 Midnight Video Special - Broadcast February 19, 1982

This is worth it just for 3CP1 and the Christmas Party.

Jim

Donny Darko

Jul 25, 2004, 6:09:15 AM7/25/04
In article <4f161016.04072...@posting.google.com>,
jkb...@cox.net (Lola) wrote:

Totally sweetness! As Cartman would say, hella cool and Totally Tits!

Keep and eye at www.bargainflix.com for coupons deals before it
released, they had the best buy $60 preorder deal with $20 digital bucks
rebate for all that bought it. Also subscriber wherehouse retail
stores(thw Wiz, Cosco) are also getting Vol 1 sets now retailing for
$55. If I knew that earlyR i would maybe have waited, but then again im
a SCTV slave, so damn the cost, just shoot it right into my veins please!

Trevor Stenson

Jul 26, 2004, 12:35:51 PM7/26/04
I'd kill to have anorexia for a week - L. Wolfson

violiner2000

Jul 26, 2004, 8:12:56 PM7/26/04
T&L <letkema...@bwsys.net> wrote in message news:<41032BB1...@bwsys.net>...

Beauty! I got the first volume at Best Buy on sale for sixty
(including tax) so I'll probably do that again although not eating
sounds pretty tempting... ;)

Ubiquitous

Jul 28, 2004, 3:55:25 PM7/28/04
In article <7b39cbf6.0407...@posting.google.com>,
m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:

>Just a quick note that Shout! has announced a release date of October
>19th for SCTV Volume 2. They have not announced extras as of yet but
>having seen a preliminary list - these look like they will make Justin
>Pate quite happy!

Yay!

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one beheading at a
time.

Slayer19

Aug 4, 2004, 11:21:34 PM8/4/04
web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<mfydnaYF9KQ...@comcast.com>...

> In article <7b39cbf6.0407...@posting.google.com>,
> m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >Just a quick note that Shout! has announced a release date of October
> >19th for SCTV Volume 2. They have not announced extras as of yet but
> >having seen a preliminary list - these look like they will make Justin
> >Pate quite happy!
>
> Yay!

Amazon has a release date of September 28. They are the only major
site that I've seen Volume 2 for pre-order, so far.

Lola

Aug 5, 2004, 10:01:33 AM8/5/04
Ste...@yahoo.com (Slayer19) wrote in message news:<a0655896.04080...@posting.google.com>...

> Amazon has a release date of September 28. They are the only major
> site that I've seen Volume 2 for pre-order, so far.

Here's what experience showed me: I ordered Vol. 1 from Amazon, and
got my copy almost before the shrink wrap sealed. All sorts of people
had major issues with Blockbuster. So, I just pre-ordered from Amazon
Vol. 2, and I swear to god it's worth the extra bucks to not have the
headaches that Blockbuster presented. Yes, you can call me crazy, but
I want Vol. 2 already.

Aug 5, 2004, 10:05:57 AM8/5/04

SCTV rules. So much funnier than SNL ever was.

Justin Pate

Aug 5, 2004, 12:55:28 PM8/5/04

"Avatar" <brow...@gwhizmail.com> wrote in message

> SCTV rules. So much funnier than SNL ever was.

Avatar has been placed on Christmas greeting card list.

Aug 5, 2004, 1:11:34 PM8/5/04
On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:55:28 GMT, "Justin Pate" <JP5...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

"May the good Lord take a likin' to you, and blow you up *real* good!"

Slayer19

Aug 5, 2004, 3:11:08 PM8/5/04
jkb...@cox.net (Lola) wrote in message news:<4f161016.04080...@posting.google.com>...

As do I!! I'm just concerned about Shout Factory giving an Oct. 19th
release date, and Amazon saying it's Sep. 28. Which is it??? I want my
CCCP1!!!

Lola

Aug 6, 2004, 5:22:33 PM8/6/04

With Vol. 1, Amazon shipped well before the scheduled date -- I think
I was one of the first kids on my block, so to speak. So I'm a
thinkin' I will have a good two weeks of watching Vol. 2 before I go
off on Safari in South Africa. No, I am not wearing leopard print
anything.

Ubiquitous

Aug 11, 2004, 8:44:55 AM8/11/04
:> m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:

:> >Just a quick note that Shout! has announced a release date of October
:> >19th for SCTV Volume 2. They have not announced extras as of yet but
:> >having seen a preliminary list - these look like they will make Justin
:> >Pate quite happy!
:>
:> Yay!
:
: Amazon has a release date of September 28. They are the only major
: site that I've seen Volume 2 for pre-order, so far.

Needless to say, I am stoked.

--
Islam is a peaceful religion, just as long as the women are beaten, the boys
buggered and the infidels are killed.

Recess Monkey

Aug 12, 2004, 10:41:13 AM8/12/04

It has been confirmed as Oct. 19 and Amazon.com has changed the
release date to reflect that.

Slayer19

Aug 16, 2004, 12:22:52 AM8/16/04
web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cfd4c7$k0m$2...@news.utelfla.com>...

> In rec.arts.tv Slayer19 <Ste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> : web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote:
> :> In article <7b39cbf6.0407...@posting.google.com>,
> :> m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> :> >Just a quick note that Shout! has announced a release date of October
> :> >19th for SCTV Volume 2. They have not announced extras as of yet but
> :> >having seen a preliminary list - these look like they will make Justin
> :> >Pate quite happy!
> :>
> :> Yay!
> :
> : Amazon has a release date of September 28. They are the only major
> : site that I've seen Volume 2 for pre-order, so far.
>
> Needless to say, I am stoked.

I would be even more stoked if it was Sept. 28, but beggars can't be
choosers, I guess. My pre-order is in!!

T&L

Aug 16, 2004, 4:09:44 PM8/16/04
Lola wrote:

Aren't you supposed to keep us all wondering about that sort of thing? :p

Tim

Ubiquitous

Aug 27, 2004, 12:43:09 PM8/27/04
In rec.arts.tv Slayer19 <Ste...@yahoo.com> wrote:
: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cfd4c7$k0m$2...@news.utelfla.com>...

:> Needless to say, I am stoked.

:
: I would be even more stoked if it was Sept. 28, but beggars can't be
: choosers, I guess. My pre-order is in!!

I'm going to hold out and see if I can get it for about $50 at Circuit City
like I did the first time.

---

Ubiquitous

Sep 30, 2004, 8:28:34 PM9/30/04
In article <7b39cbf6.04081...@posting.google.com>,
m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:

>It has been confirmed as Oct. 19 and Amazon.com has changed the
>release date to reflect that.

Just a couple weeks left...

J. Purcell

Oct 1, 2004, 6:28:36 AM10/1/04
web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<SumdnSm_U_I...@comcast.com>...

> In article <7b39cbf6.04081...@posting.google.com>,
> m_k...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >It has been confirmed as Oct. 19 and Amazon.com has changed the
> >release date to reflect that.
>
> Just a couple weeks left...

What's that Doug & Bob film roll Amazon is advertising that you get with pre-orders?

Ubiquitous

Nov 5, 2004, 9:02:12 PM11/5/04
In article <870d56e.04100...@posting.google.com>, d...@epix.net
wrote:
>web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote:

>> Just a couple weeks left...
>
>What's that Doug & Bob film roll Amazon is advertising that you get with
pre-orders?

I can't say I heard of that before.

W2