پہلے نہ پڑھے ہوئے پیغام پر جائیں

jen...@local.host

نہ پڑھا ہوا،
5 جولائی، 1992، 4:35:10 PM5/7/92
بنام

Subject: Couple questions...
From: ms...@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu (Mark A. Anderson)
Date: 5 Jul 92 08:28:45 GMT

>Does anyone know who did the voice of good ol' Tom before the appearance
>of Frank. And was the black haired aide of Dr. Forrester the only aide,
>I mean since the beginning?
>
>Frank won my heart in the "If chauffeurs ruled the world" song. Jeez.
>In tears. I didn't like the fella before him and just wondered about
>how long he was on there.
>
>Two of many favorite parts...
> In The Giant Gila, the mother being carried in a firemans position by
>her son...."Put me down, you'll poke your eye out."
>
>"I did it for the kicks!" Gypsy (playing biker chick)

The original Tom Servo and assistant mad scientist was Josh Weinstein,
yet another Minneapolis stand-up comic. He was a U of MN student and
only 18 when he left the show. Hodgson was quoted on Weinstein's
dismissal, "His bosses didn't like him, so they shot him into space."
He also said the Comedy Channel were having troubles with one of his
writers, so presumably it was Weinstein.

Before MST3K went to cable television, there were several episodes
(anywhere from 13 to 20) on a Minneapolis station, KTMA-TV 23.
Weinstein played not only Tom Servo and Dr. Larry Erhardt but did the
original Gypsy as well.

Lisa Jen...@mhd1.moorhead.msus.edu
1603 Thirteenth Street South
Moorhead, Minnesota 56560-3734

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lance Visser

نہ پڑھا ہوا،
5 جولائی، 1992، 5:41:17 PM5/7/92
بنام
In <1992Jul5....@msus1.msus.edu> jen...@local.host writes:

+>The original Tom Servo and assistant mad scientist was Josh Weinstein,
+>yet another Minneapolis stand-up comic. He was a U of MN student and
+>only 18 when he left the show. Hodgson was quoted on Weinstein's
+>dismissal, "His bosses didn't like him, so they shot him into space."

Thats not quite a quote. As I remember Lynn Anne Friese sent in
a postcard with various options to Best Brains and that is the box that got
checked. I took it as a non-answer.

+>Before MST3K went to cable television, there were several episodes
+>(anywhere from 13 to 20) on a Minneapolis station, KTMA-TV 23.
+>Weinstein played not only Tom Servo and Dr. Larry Erhardt but did the
+>original Gypsy as well.

Have any original tapes ever surfaced?

I know that there were 15 episodes that I could name
when I tried to fill out the episode guide and one other that
may or may not have been an MST episode (capt. Scarlett vs. Mysterions).

Lynn-Anne Friese

نہ پڑھا ہوا،
6 جولائی، 1992، 5:35:00 PM6/7/92
بنام
In article <visser.7...@convex.convex.com> vis...@convex.com (Lance Visser) writes:
>In <1992Jul5....@msus1.msus.edu> jen...@local.host writes:
>

>+>The original Tom Servo and assistant mad scientist was Josh Weinstein,
>+>yet another Minneapolis stand-up comic. He was a U of MN student and
>+>only 18 when he left the show. Hodgson was quoted on Weinstein's
>+>dismissal, "His bosses didn't like him, so they shot him into space."
>
> Thats not quite a quote. As I remember Lynn Anne Friese sent in
>a postcard with various options to Best Brains and that is the box that got
>checked. I took it as a non-answer.

That's the way I took it, also. More recently, I was told by someone who
visited the studios and asked about Josh's departure that he was let
go because he wasn't mature enough to commit to the daily grind of
putting out the show.

>+>Before MST3K went to cable television, there were several episodes
>+>(anywhere from 13 to 20) on a Minneapolis station, KTMA-TV 23.
>+>Weinstein played not only Tom Servo and Dr. Larry Erhardt but did the
>+>original Gypsy as well.
>
> Have any original tapes ever surfaced?

Not that I've found, and I'm still looking. If any newcomers to the group
have any "local" shows on tape, I'd be _very_ interested in getting copies.

--
Lynn-Anne Friese
mixcom!ccwwcc%uunet.uu.net

Rachel McGregor

نہ پڑھا ہوا،
7 جولائی، 1992، 10:39:32 PM7/7/92
بنام
jen...@local.host writes:

> The original Tom Servo and assistant mad scientist was Josh Weinstein,
> yet another Minneapolis stand-up comic. He was a U of MN student and
> only 18 when he left the show. Hodgson was quoted on Weinstein's
> dismissal, "His bosses didn't like him, so they shot him into space."
> He also said the Comedy Channel were having troubles with one of his
> writers, so presumably it was Weinstein.

The phrase 'one of the writers' was also used in an interview Allan Havey
did with Joel a couple years ago. (I saw it on a rebroadcast, and I'm
pretty sure the original taping was between the first two Comedy Channel
seasons.) The impression I got was that HBO swung the hammer on Best Brains
and said that unless Josh Weinstein left, the entire show would be cut.

Rachel McGregor (ro...@cellar.org) - research contractor, modem junkie
"So you can make me come; that doesn't make you Jesus." -- Tori Amos

0 نئے پیغامات