My Goodness! Why So Quiet This Season?!

Judy

Jan 16, 2015, 1:10:45 PM1/16/15
So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
generating many posts in the group. Has
most everybody lost interest and quit watching
the show?! Wake up people, come on and TALK!

Are the contestants that are auditioning
just not that interesting or talented maybe?

I especially thought last night's N.Y. auditions
with Adam sitting in as a judge, would cause
somewhat of a stir, since since he still has a lot
of fans in here. I thought it was cute they had
him audition again (he looked so different then)
and I thought he made a good judge...he wasn't
a pansy about in his critiques, and that's a good
thing. Harry and JLO put through way too much 'fodder',
I think.

Anyway, I thought there was some excellent
audioners last night, that I think have a good
fighting change to to be "THE Next Great American
Idol". I really like 18 year old Jax, who played
the piano and sang her own rendition of "I wanna
Hold Your Hand". Lovely soulful vocals.

Hollywood Anderson certainly doesn't LOOK like
'Idol' material, but that dude can sing when he did
an original song.

The young, black and well dressed Travis Finley
was another favorite...leather pants, hat and all.
His voice was like pure honey!

Young and fashionable subway singer Najah Lewis
is one to look out for too, I think.

I also enjoyed the young Frank Sinatra crooner,
Sal Valentinetti, who was the first one to
audition, but Harry might be right, in that
he's not really suited for the show, but heck,
they put many through that I don't think are
'suited'.

Let's here from some of the rest of you. What
do you think about what you heard and saw last
night...let your voices be heard! :-)

Judy

Tim Hall

Jan 16, 2015, 1:28:04 PM1/16/15
I thought last night was a pretty good show, relatively speaking to the
other ones this season. No one has yet blown my socks off though. In a
way, replaying Adam's audition just underscored that IMO we haven't seen
anyone close to that level of talent so far.

Having said all that, I liked that girl Shi a lot. It may have just
been an Amy Winehouse impression, but it was a damn good one, and that
can't be an easy song to sing. I want to see what else she can do
that's more original. I also liked Katherine, and the ones you
mentioned were all good too.

There's just enough there that I'm not giving up on this season just yet.

Cheri

Jan 16, 2015, 2:24:08 PM1/16/15

"Judy" <cook...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
> generating many posts in the group. Has
> most everybody lost interest and quit watching
> the show?! Wake up people, come on and TALK!
>
> Are the contestants that are auditioning
> just not that interesting or talented maybe?

It's way too early in the season for me to be interested. I have to at least
know their names before I can talk about them much. :-)

Cheri

Judy

Jan 16, 2015, 3:18:36 PM1/16/15
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:24:08 AM UTC-9, Cheri wrote:

> It's way too early in the season for me to be interested. I have to at least
> know their names before I can talk about them much. :-)
>
> Cheri

I'm a 100% 'Idol junkie' I think, but I have always
enjoyed the auditions and never miss a episode. I
sit and take notes...write down their names and
a side note to remember them by, so can watch for
them during Hollywood week.

Some mighty good talent has come through those
doors to audition already, but some that they've
sent on are "oh, hum', though I realize they have
to send plenty onto Hollywood, so have quite a few
to weed out and bring drama to the show.

Judy
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

The_LA_Flash

Jan 20, 2015, 10:09:56 AM1/20/15
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
> generating many posts in the group. Has
> most everybody lost interest and quit watching
> the show?!

I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have people talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news came out we had a lot more people in here posting.

> Are the contestants that are auditioning
> just not that interesting or talented maybe?

not with me, I'm all into this season. I also like that A.I. is going to show us all the top 24 in the audition stage, I haven't looked at the spoiler thread but I would be interested in knowing how many of the top 24 have we already seen, I just like to know the number not the names...

> I especially thought last night's N.Y. auditions
> with Adam sitting in as a judge, would cause
> somewhat of a stir, since since he still has a lot
> of fans in here. I thought it was cute they had
> him audition again (he looked so different then)
> and I thought he made a good judge...he wasn't
> a pansy about in his critiques, and that's a good
> thing. Harry and JLO put through way too much 'fodder',
> I think.

I enjoyed watching Adam as a judge, I'll keep my fingers crossed that something happens to HCJ then A.I. will ask Adam to take his place for the live shows.

Message has been deleted

Larc

Jan 20, 2015, 12:59:50 PM1/20/15
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:09:54 -0800 (PST), The_LA_Flash <phil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

| On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
| > So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
| > generating many posts in the group. Has
| > most everybody lost interest and quit watching
| > the show?!
|
| I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have people talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news came out we had a lot more people in here posting.
|

| > Are the contestants that are auditioning
| > just not that interesting or talented maybe?
| >

| not with me, I'm all into this season. I also like that A.I. is going to show us all the top 24 in the audition stage, I haven't looked at the spoiler thread but I would be interested in knowing how many of the top 24 have we already seen, I just like to know the number not the names...

We've seen 17 of the Top 24 so far, 9 girls and 8 guys.

Larc

SLGreg

Jan 20, 2015, 1:58:19 PM1/20/15
<phil...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
>> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
>> generating many posts in the group. Has
>> most everybody lost interest and quit watching
>> the show?!
>
>I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have people talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news came out we had a lot more people in here posting.

Yeah, that's it.
--
- greg

The_LA_Flash

Jan 20, 2015, 2:21:05 PM1/20/15
very cool, thank you for the update, it will be very interesting to see how the top 24 from the New York auditions do because those were the ones Adam had a hand in picking

UCLAN

Jan 20, 2015, 2:41:23 PM1/20/15
On 1/20/2015 7:09 AM, The_LA_Flash wrote:

> On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
>> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be generating many posts in the
>> group. Has most everybody lost interest and quit watching the show?!
>
> I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool
> kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have people
> talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news came out we
> had a lot more people in here posting.

LOL! I think it's my neighbor's new rooster. It is a fact that before they
got it, we had a lot more people in here posting.

Lesmond

Jan 20, 2015, 3:49:59 PM1/20/15
That makes just as much sense!

--
If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

Lesmond

Jan 20, 2015, 3:50:00 PM1/20/15
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:14:10 -0500, Zob wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:09:54 -0800 (PST), The_LA_Flash
><phil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
>>> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
>>> generating many posts in the group. Has
>>> most everybody lost interest and quit watching
>>> the show?!
>>
>>I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have people talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news came out we had a lot more people in here posting.
>
>Seriously? I thought maybe people left because of your unrequited
>love feud with Tina and the 400-post threads with the two of you
>flaming each other. It's a fact that before you two started going at
>it there were a lot more people in here posting.

Thank you, Zob. He's such an idiot.

Judy

Jan 20, 2015, 4:24:22 PM1/20/15
On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 10:41:23 AM UTC-9, UCLAN wrote:

> LOL! I think it's my neighbor's new rooster. It is a fact that before they
> got it, we had a lot more people in here posting.

Nope, I think you got it all wrong. Now when I really
give it more thought, I think it's all Bush's fault...damn
that man anyway! ;-)

Judy

Judy

Jan 20, 2015, 4:27:25 PM1/20/15
On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 11:50:00 AM UTC-9, Lesmond wrote:

> Thank you, Zob. He's such an idiot.
>
> --
> If there's a nuclear winter, at least it'll snow.

Hey, stop picking on him.....I happen to quite
like the 'Flash'!

WTH, right now I'm lovin' everybody! <grin>

Judy

UCLAN

Jan 21, 2015, 12:15:13 AM1/21/15
Nah, Obama was at the helm last season and this season. It's gotta be
something that occurred between seasons. Then again, maybe it's
Global Warming.
Message has been deleted

mos...@verizon.net

Jan 21, 2015, 1:43:28 PM1/21/15
+1

Micki

Judy

Jan 21, 2015, 2:16:50 PM1/21/15
On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:28:18 AM UTC-9, Zob wrote:

> Have you seen your AI favorite yet this season, Judy?

I was very impressed with Travis Finley (well dressed
handsome black boy) from last week and the blond piano
player and singer (Jax). Also I really liked the blind
fellow that auditioned earlier, but his name escapes me
now.

Waiting to see more top-quality talent tonight!

Judy

Tim Hall

Jan 21, 2015, 2:17:48 PM1/21/15
On 1/20/2015 1:27 PM, Judy wrote:

> Hey, stop picking on him.....I happen to quite
> like the 'Flash'!
>
> WTH, right now I'm lovin' everybody! <grin>
>
> Judy

+1

Cheri

Jan 21, 2015, 2:21:35 PM1/21/15

"Tim Hall" <inv...@invalid.net> wrote in message
+2

Giggles

Jan 21, 2015, 9:01:00 PM1/21/15
Did you get into my margarita stash? :O

Giggles

Jan 21, 2015, 9:04:48 PM1/21/15
No it's the New England Patriots' fault this group has deflated.
Message has been deleted

Moni

Jan 22, 2015, 1:01:47 AM1/22/15

"Zob" <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 07:09:54 -0800 (PST), The_LA_Flash
> <phil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 10:10:45 AM UTC-8, Judy wrote:
>>> So far this season sure doesn't seem to be
>>> generating many posts in the group. Has
>>> most everybody lost interest and quit watching
>>> the show?!
>>
>>I think that's because once people found out about the secret group (kool
>>kids klub) people didn't feel comfortable about coming here and have
>>people talk about them behind their backs. It is a fact before that news
>>came out we had a lot more people in here posting.
>
> Seriously? I thought maybe people left because of your unrequited
> love feud with Tina and the 400-post threads with the two of you
> flaming each other. It's a fact that before you two started going at
> it there were a lot more people in here posting.

I think there are a few fingers to point and also that maybe some have just
moved on due to a rather tired show that still has some life in it. We've
had lovely people in here and challenging ones. I can't believe that anyone
really cared who posted where. I'm sure there are several groups out there
where ATAI people post and no one has thought to clear it with me first.
Should I be upset? No way. More power to them.
--
Moni

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Moni

Jan 22, 2015, 1:04:25 AM1/22/15

"UCLAN" <UC...@invalid.net> wrote in message
That's it! It's your neighbor's fault! No...wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRJWo9yg3J4

Moni

Jan 22, 2015, 1:04:57 AM1/22/15

"Judy" <cook...@gmail.com> wrote in message
You may be on to something there.... LOL

Moni

Jan 22, 2015, 1:05:39 AM1/22/15

"Giggles" <giggle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
*thwaping my head* By Jove, I think you've got it!

Larc

Jan 22, 2015, 11:42:19 AM1/22/15
On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 11:16:48 -0800 (PST), Judy <cook...@gmail.com> wrote:

| On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 8:28:18 AM UTC-9, Zob wrote:
|

| > Have you seen your AI favorite yet this season, Judy?
|
| I was very impressed with Travis Finley (well dressed
| handsome black boy) from last week and the blond piano
| player and singer (Jax). Also I really liked the blind
| fellow that auditioned earlier, but his name escapes me
| now.

The blind guy is Garrett Miles.

| Waiting to see more top-quality talent tonight!

Sorry you didn't get to see any last night (Wed), but you hopefully will tonight.

Larc

The_LA_Flash

Jan 22, 2015, 2:29:47 PM1/22/15
I enjoyed last night show, the one kid who sang country music, Zack was really good and likeable I also like the guy that look like Jude Law at the end of the show playing the piano it will be interesting to see if he makes the top 24

Cheri

Jan 22, 2015, 2:30:07 PM1/22/15

"Larc" <la...@notmyaddress.com> wrote in message
I liked Garrett Nichols too.

Cheri

Giggles

Jan 22, 2015, 8:20:11 PM1/22/15
On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 12:05:39 AM UTC-6, Moni wrote:
> "Giggles" <giggle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Nah, Obama was at the helm last season and this season. It's gotta be
> >> something that occurred between seasons. Then again, maybe it's
> >> Global Warming.
> >
> > No it's the New England Patriots' fault this group has deflated.
>
> *thwaping my head* By Jove, I think you've got it!
> --
> Moni

How dare they squeeze out our balls...er...I mean...um...posters!

Moni

Jan 22, 2015, 9:46:59 PM1/22/15

"Giggles" <giggle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hey, the 49ers didn't do too well on the field this year. Perhaps they
should pay attention to NE? :)

Judy

Jan 23, 2015, 12:59:46 AM1/23/15
No, doggone it! I had good intentions, but I
got over that far, as stopped by Lesmond's and
we sampled her favorite wine, and never got
any further! ;-)

Judy

Judy

Jan 23, 2015, 1:47:27 AM1/23/15
Thanks, Larc! I had his name written down at the time
he had auditioned, as he made an impression on me, but
then I don't know what happened to the slip of paper I
wrote it on, but now I will remember that name.

I didn't look at your Spoiler's posts, as I'm one
that likes the element of surprise. I've never been
one that cares know the end of a book either before I finish
reading it, as to me when the surprise is gone, it
just kind of ruins the enjoyment.

There is some superb singers at the auditions this
season, no matter what anyone says. Every episode
I've been quite impressed.

Tonight there was Adam who played the guitar with
a broken thumb. I also really liked Ricky, who reminded
me of Scotty in many ways, though his voice isn't as
deep, but feel he has potential.

Judy

Larc

Jan 23, 2015, 10:21:19 AM1/23/15
On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 22:47:25 -0800 (PST), Judy <cook...@gmail.com> wrote:

| I didn't look at your Spoiler's posts, as I'm one
| that likes the element of surprise. I've never been
| one that cares know the end of a book either before I finish
| reading it, as to me when the surprise is gone, it
| just kind of ruins the enjoyment.
|
| There is some superb singers at the auditions this
| season, no matter what anyone says. Every episode
| I've been quite impressed.
|
| Tonight there was Adam who played the guitar with
| a broken thumb. I also really liked Ricky, who reminded
| me of Scotty in many ways, though his voice isn't as
| deep, but feel he has potential.
|
| Judy

I'll be updating the Top 24 spoilers list after San Francisco auditions are shown
next week. Some I've liked so far made it and some didn't. But Hollywood digs
deeper. Looks as if the official Top 24 reveal is about a month away. I like that
Idol seems to be making a point of showing them all in this phase of auditions.

Larc

Cheri

Jan 23, 2015, 3:23:30 PM1/23/15

"Larc" <la...@notmyaddress.com> wrote in message
I like a few, but for me more got through that I didn't care for, then did.

Cheri

Judy

Jan 23, 2015, 4:00:45 PM1/23/15
On Friday, January 23, 2015 at 11:23:30 AM UTC-9, Cheri wrote:

> I like a few, but for me more got through that I didn't care for, then did.
>
> Cheri

Same here, but it really has to be that way, as they have
to weed out so many 'culls' during Hollywood Week, and sometimes
I think the judges want to give some a second chance, in case
their audition song wasn't the best choice for them.

Judy

The_LA_Flash

Jan 23, 2015, 4:09:21 PM1/23/15
I hear you, I'm enjoying that they are not taking up too much time with the goof balls this season. They did have that one guy last night that sang a MJ song, he said he had a family member that looked after Harry as a kid.

Cheri

Jan 23, 2015, 5:24:36 PM1/23/15

"Judy" <cook...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Yes, I'm sure that's what goes on, but some nights are better than others in
the auditions.

Cheri

Cheri

Jan 23, 2015, 5:25:35 PM1/23/15

"The_LA_Flash" <phil...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
LOL, he was just awful. :-)

Cheri

Lesmond

Jan 23, 2015, 6:29:57 PM1/23/15
That Invictus packs a punch, doesn't it?

Jason Wuthrich

Jan 28, 2015, 6:14:50 PM1/28/15
"Cheri" wrote in message news:m9ou7...@news6.newsguy.com...
>> +1
>
>+2

-1

Sorry, but I haven't heard any Clarkson-, Underwood-, or even
Phillips-caliber contestants yet this season. The talent has either been
tapped out or is just holding out for "The Voice." Or am I just getting
old?

Message has been deleted