Recaps: Season 9 Week 7 Performances, 4/27/10

1 view

Itoshi

Apr 27, 2010, 8:59:31 PM4/27/10
This thread is offered as a convenient place for participants of this
newsgroup to post their recaps, observations, and opinions of tonight's
"American Idol" broadcast.

Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010

PRELIMINARIES

PERFORMANCES

Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

Casey James - "Don't"

Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

WRAPUP

Itoshi

Apr 27, 2010, 9:03:37 PM4/27/10

Itoshi

Apr 27, 2010, 9:04:28 PM4/27/10
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:59:31 -0500, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:

>This thread is offered as a convenient place for participants of this
>newsgroup to post their recaps, observations, and opinions of tonight's
>"American Idol" broadcast.

Seacrest gives each contestant's description - e.g. "a paint salesman", "a
mother" - during the not-so-dramatic intro.

PRELIMINARIES

Seacrest said IGB raised over 45 mee-lion dollars. SITJ. They each smile
and wave. Or salute. RBS.

The contestants come down. Tonight's theme is the music of Shania Twain.
She's ITA. There's tape about who she is. CMS. She says her songs are
easily adaptable to any style. She says it's going to be a great show. The
camera being held on Shania is really shaky.

PERFORMANCES

Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

Shania advised him to bring the guitar in later. His first few notes were
off key. so were some of the next ones. I was rooting for Lee earlier, but
I'm starting to get real tired of him. He's singing out of one side of his
mouth (the right side). His voice sounded scratchy and tired. I didn't
like the performance. Randy said that was one of his favorite songs of all
time. It started out pitchy, but he made it his own. Ellen said he made it
his own. Kara said Lee has come a long way and did a good job. Simon is
nodding to someone off to the side. He tells Lee it was the perfect song
to choose. He made some weird faces. Kara interrupts and says they were
smiles. Simon disagrees. Seacrest says each contestant has two phone
numbers tonight. You don't have to call both.

[break]

IGB = Idol Gives Back

SITJ. = Seacrest introduces the judges.

RBS = Randy boos Simon.

ITA = in the audience

CMS. = Country music sucks.

I'm seen a lot of commercials for "Fringe". I still have no idea what the
premise of the show is.

[return]

Seacrest blabs about the summer tour.

Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

Shania advises Michael not to take it granted. He has to make a
connection. Michael is sitting on the stairs, having a tender moment with
us. The lip-licking, head-tilting, and over-emoting are in full force
tonight. What a cheeseball. Randy said he did a great job keeping it in
the zone of who he is. Ellen said it felt like Luther Vandross. Kara says
Shania is con-nect-ted when she sings. She liked the changes Michael made
to the melody. SAWE about the comparison to Luther Vandross. He said the
performance was "wet", meaning he was in a musical, acting out the girly
words. Seacrest asks Shania what she thinks. She said she got emotional.
He got her.

[break]

SAWE = Simon agreed with Ellen.

[return]

Casey James - "Don't"

Seacrest asks Casey about the critiques he got last week. Casey said he
realizes he didn't give anything new last week. Shania says Casey isn't
fully confident. Casey is excited about singing tonight. He's sitting on a
stool, behind the judges' table, playing acoustic guitar. He gave most of
the performance with his eyes closed, which probably isn't good. On the
good side, he didn't have that fake smile going like he sometimes has.
That was pretty good. Randy said it was one of Casey's best performances.
This could be a great thing to be in his wheelhouse. Ellen said it was his
best performance to date. Kara said he was vulnerable and raw and didn't
hide, and all of those things are good. Simon said last week was a wake-up
call for him. He agrees that this was probably his best performance so
far. He recommends that Casey come down and kiss Shania on the lips. He
goes down, and they hug. Hey, he's not THAT confident!

[break]

GFTC.

GFTC = Gotta feed the cats.

This week, on "Bones", Bones misuses a common English word.

[return]

Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

Crystal says Shania glows with a positive aura. Seacrest points out that
Shania has really white teeth. Ooh! Subtle burn on Crystal! She says this
song is to her boyfriend. Crystal is playing guitar and is joined by a
country band and backup singer. The song is plodding. I wish Crystal would
either learn to play the guitar well enough that she doesn't have to
always look at her left hand, or put it down. Sorry, Crystalfans, I
thought that performance was a waste of time. Randy said it wasn't his
favorite performance, but at least it was country. Ellen said it wasn't
her favorite either. Kara said it wasn't her best, but it she's still
amazing. Crystal talks back that bigger isn't better. Simon said it was
limp. He felt no conviction, and the song was forgettable. Have you
noticed Crystal always has something to say whenever she gets the
SLIGHTEST bit of negative feedback?

[break]
[return]

Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

Shania is concerned about whether Aaron has enough confidence. Aaron is
sitting on a stool. That's good, because it minimizes his ability to take
awkward stances. His voice sounded good. This was actually kind of good
for him. Randy said he did a really good job. Ellen said Aaron is 16. 17
now. He showed maturity and depth. KAWE. It was like he really felt the
words. Aaron changed a line, "When we make love", because he was singing
the song to his mom. Simon said Aaron has struggled over the last few
weeks, but he was like a different artist tonight. This is the kind of
record he should make. It didn't feel like he was singing someone else's
song. Suddenly, the foregone conclusion that Aaron will be eliminated
tomorrow doesn't seem so safe.

[break]
[return]

Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

Siobhan sings with a country twang for Shania. Shania said she needs to
put some attitude in it. Siobhan's outfit is stupid-looking. I don't think
she's selling the song very well. She did get a scream in, and a
slowed-down coda with a lot of long notes and close-ups. It was all
theatrics, no substance. Randy said he loved it, he loved it, he loved it.
Ellen said it was fantastic. Kara said Siobhan is back. Simon liked the
song, but the screaming was too much. He said it was good though. Don't
vote until the end of the show.

WRAPUP

We see taped recaps of the performances.

My ranking of tonight's performances, from most favorite to least:

1. Casey James - "Don't"
2. Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"
3. Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"
4. Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"
5. Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"
6. Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

I thought only Casey and Aaron were good. The order of my bottom four is
pretty arbitrary.

Predictions: I really have no idea about the bottom two/three or who will
be eliminated. Really, I wouldn't be surprised at any outcome. OK, if you
force me to name a name, I'll say Michael.

alia

Apr 27, 2010, 9:22:13 PM4/27/10

"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:59:31 -0500, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:
>
>>This thread is offered as a convenient place for participants of this
>>newsgroup to post their recaps, observations, and opinions of tonight's
>>"American Idol" broadcast.
>
> Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"
> Crystal says Shania glows with a positive aura. Seacrest points out that
> Shania has really white teeth. Ooh! Subtle burn on Crystal! She says this
> song is to her boyfriend. Crystal is playing guitar and is joined by a
> country band and backup singer. The song is plodding. I wish Crystal would
> either learn to play the guitar well enough that she doesn't have to
> always look at her left hand, or put it down. Sorry, Crystalfans, I
> thought that performance was a waste of time. Randy said it wasn't his
> favorite performance, but at least it was country. Ellen said it wasn't
> her favorite either. Kara said it wasn't her best, but it she's still
> amazing. Crystal talks back that bigger isn't better. Simon said it was
> limp. He felt no conviction, and the song was forgettable. Have you
> noticed Crystal always has something to say whenever she gets the
> SLIGHTEST bit of negative feedback?

ITA about Crystal. that talking back thing is getting old! I thought the
white teeth was a slam on Crystal too. Altogether boring show.

Alia

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5066 (20100427) __________

http://www.eset.com

Scarlett

Apr 27, 2010, 10:27:13 PM4/27/10
"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message

> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"
> Siobhan sings with a country twang for Shania. Shania said she needs to
> put some attitude in it. Siobhan's outfit is stupid-looking. I don't think
> she's selling the song very well. She did get a scream in, and a
> slowed-down coda with a lot of long notes and close-ups. It was all
> theatrics, no substance. Randy said he loved it, he loved it, he loved it.
> Ellen said it was fantastic. Kara said Siobhan is back. Simon liked the
> song, but the screaming was too much. He said it was good though. Don't
> vote until the end of the show.

Mandisa sang this song. Mandisa sang it correctly, with tons of sassy.
Simon said he hated the song. Oh well.

--
Scarlett
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but all the letters are in order like they

Message has been deleted

b p

Apr 27, 2010, 10:42:41 PM4/27/10
Crossing my fingers BowWowSox goes home 2morrow.

UGH!

Universe

Apr 27, 2010, 10:56:59 PM4/27/10
Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote in news:83pldf...@mid.individual.net:

> x-no-archive: yes

> Itoshi wrote:
>>
>> Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"
>

> I like him, his vibe, it's sweet, shy, soulful, humble. But I just
> don't think he's very good performing artist. I liked the beginning of
> the song, but I thought he just gravelly belts almost everything.

I agree. The middle sounded promising and the ending was good, but the
middle 90% was unpleasant shouting.

>> Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"
>

> Beautiful vocal, I thought Luther, too, but I don't know if he's got
any
> originality. Still, very good performance.

Simon was right. Wet.

>> Casey James - "Don't"
>

> I didn't really feel this. I liked Jealous Man better. Still, better
> than standing up straight and singing loud again.

I thought it was very good, in about the same league as Jealous Guy.

>> Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"
>

> Very country, very sweet, beautifully sung, just not a blowout show
> stopper, which is okay mid concert performance, but not when you get
> just a few minutes per week to compete.

Agree. This is kind of how I felt about Casey last week -- a satisfactory
performance but nothing about it was memorable.

>> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"
>

> Borrrrrrinnnnggggggg. Send that boy HOME.

AGREE. But it's no wonder it was boring: he was singing it to his MOM!
Yuck.

>> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"
>>

> I thought she sucked all the sass out of the song, and that big note
> before the end was so bad it hurt. I hated almost this whole
> performance, except for the very end. I'm so over Siobhan.

On this one I totally disagree. The ending was great, I just wish she had
started with more energy instead of waiting until the last ten seconds to
go for it.

Universe

Apr 27, 2010, 10:58:31 PM4/27/10
BL...@webtv.net (b p) wrote in news:7644-4BD7A0A1-1751@storefull-
3251.bay.webtv.net:

> Crossing my fingers BowWowSox goes home 2morrow.
>
> UGH!

Good luck with that.

Ryan

Apr 27, 2010, 11:33:11 PM4/27/10
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:38:42 -0400, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:

>Should go home: Aaron.

According to Dial Idol, Aaron is the only contestant who is safe from
elimination. You will have to wait til next week. Alas, I won't get
any BR points this week.

Ryan

ATAI Bragging Rights Champion, 2006

Everything that is ever going to happen,
has already happened.
Tin@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1Xn3VB818

Cheri

Apr 28, 2010, 12:09:07 AM4/28/10

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:59:31 -0500, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:

>>Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

I liked him best tonight, which is not saying a whole lot.

>>Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

It was OK, but still sounding the same.

>>Casey James - "Don't"

I liked it OK.

>>Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

I liked it OK.

>>Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

Pretty good.

>>Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

I liked it, except the end.

>>WRAPUP

I didn't think any of them were anything really special tonight, and the
show was actually quite boring IMO.

Cheri

Cheri

Apr 28, 2010, 12:14:02 AM4/28/10
"Ryan" <ry...@idol.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:38:42 -0400, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
>
>>Should go home: Aaron.
>
> According to Dial Idol, Aaron is the only contestant who is safe from
> elimination. You will have to wait til next week. Alas, I won't get
> any BR points this week.
>
> Ryan

Really? I figured the " I was singing the song for my mother" reference
lost him a some votes with the teeny boppers. I think it would have been
better if he had said something like "I'm was singing that song for the girl
I hope to meet out there soon." Put a little hope in the young girls hearts.
:-)

Cheri

vinsterbaby07

Apr 28, 2010, 12:18:17 AM4/28/10
Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010

PRELIMINARIES

I'm assuming after Adam Lambert's version of "country" music last
year, they did away with a formal Country week and decided to use a
country artist instead. Shania Twain was that artist. Actually I
believe that although Shania's categorized in the "Country music"
genre, she's also crossed over well on the pop charts.....actually
VERY well. That being said I am NOT a country music fan at all. No
offense to anybody but I just never got into it. However, I do like
some (albeit not many) country artists. Especially the ones that have
the power to cross over onto the pop charts. Once again, Shania Twain
was this weeks mentor. I thought she did really well!!

PERFORMANCES

Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

Lee started off a little shaky on his lower register but picked it up
nicely as the song went on. What was up with those funky faces he was
making?? No, Kara, he was not smiling. Although I did catch a
glimpse of a smile here and there. I really don't think there was a
"bad" performance this evening although some were stronger than
others. In my opinion, Lee's performance would be a "middle of the
pack" performance.

Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

Sappy Michael's at it again. ZZZZZZZZZ It was OK. Not good, not
bad, just OK. If I had to pick the worst performance of the night,
this was it. Michael may be in a bit of trouble if his fans don't
vote heavily for him.

Casey James - "Don't"

After last weeks disaster, Casey came back strong this week showing us
that he actually CAN sing and not play heavy guitar riffs instead. I
really enjoyed this song. Casey not only sang the song really well
but also showed some emotion and connection to the song. Probably one
of his best (if not THE best) performance of this competition.

Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

On the other hand, this could have been Crystal's weakest performance
of the competition. Although she connected with the song and it was
sung really well, I just didn't like the song choice at all. That
being said, it worked for her. I actually expected more out of her
this week. I'm a bit disappointed.

Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

Young Aaron did a fabulous job with this song. I really think that
this week he hit his stride. Country music might be where Aaron needs
to concentrate if he wants to further his career as a singer. As good
as he was this week, I don't know if it was good enough to keep him
around for another week. Maybe. We'll see.

Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

Sorry. I just didn't get it. For me, this song was all over the
place and those (as Simon puts it) "giving birth" screams/shrieks
didn't do anything to enhance the song. Especially when he voice
started cracking during one of them. Siobhan has been losing a step
each week on most of the other contestants. I know she's much better
than what we've seen the last few weeks but unless she gets a
grip..........and soon........she's gonna get eliminated real soon.

WRAPUP

OK. This is the way that I would rank my favorites this week:

1. Casey
2. Aaron
3. Lee
4. Crystal
5. Michael
6. Siobhan

Sorry Crystal lovers (and I'm one of them) but I just didn't like her
performance tonight. That doesn't mean I expect her to get
eliminated. She's still the best vocalist out of the bunch, hands
down!

I don't know what they'll do tomorrow night but if AI makes a bottom
3:
Jeez..........I don't know. This is a tough one.
Let's just do it this way. I hate to say it but either Aaron (whom I
loved this week) or Michael is a goner.
I'm going with Michael. The only one that would totally shock me is
if Crystal goes.

Ryan

Apr 28, 2010, 12:31:18 AM4/28/10
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:14:02 -0700, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

>"Ryan" <ry...@idol.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 22:38:42 -0400, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
>>
>>>Should go home: Aaron.
>>
>> According to Dial Idol, Aaron is the only contestant who is safe from
>> elimination. You will have to wait til next week. Alas, I won't get
>> any BR points this week.
>>
>> Ryan
>
>Really? I figured the " I was singing the song for my mother" reference
>lost him a some votes with the teeny boppers.

It probably did. But think of all the mothers who voted for him who
might otherwise not have:-)

> I think it would have been
>better if he had said something like "I'm was singing that song for the girl
>I hope to meet out there soon." Put a little hope in the young girls hearts.
>:-)

What if he is gay? Should he say he is singing it for the guy he hopes
to meet out there soon? It would give him the gay vote after all.

OTOH, that did not work out too well for Adam last year.

Ryan

>Cheri

fmomoon

Apr 28, 2010, 1:14:56 AM4/28/10

> This thread is offered as a convenient place for participants of this
> newsgroup to post their recaps, observations, and opinions of tonight's
> "American Idol" broadcast.
>
> Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010
>
> PRELIMINARIES
This is going to be a tough show. Honestly, I thought everyone did well.
The most surprising thing, for me, was that Crystal was not obviously the
best.

> PERFORMANCES
>
> Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"
Very good.

> Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"
My favorite song of his....ever.

> Casey James - "Don't"
The first time I've liked him in a very long time

> Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"
Not her best, but I thought her personality and her insight into her own
life was charming. I loved the "I'm blushing" line. Sadly, she may be in
trouble.

> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"
I've never particularily liked him, but tonight...that was good!

> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"
I didn't like it at first but I loved about the last twenty seconds.

> WRAPUP

Honestly, I have no idea who is leaving. Yeah, I'm really surprised. The
show was actually quite good.
--
Moni
"Who told you that you should be able to walk on water? You're human, get

FirstHit

Apr 28, 2010, 1:46:47 AM4/28/10
On Apr 27, 7:38 pm, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes

> Itoshi wrote:
> > This thread is offered as a convenient place for participants of this
> > newsgroup to post their recaps, observations, and opinions of tonight's
> > "American Idol" broadcast.
>
> Thanks for the space, Itoshi.  I see from other comments that some folks
> thought the performances were all good.  I have to get the sound checked
> on my TV, that must be it.

> > Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010
>
> > PRELIMINARIES
>
> > PERFORMANCES
>
> > Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"
>
> I like him, his vibe, it's sweet, shy, soulful, humble.  But I just
> don't think he's very good performing artist.  I liked the beginning of
> the song, but I thought he just gravelly belts almost everything.

I think Lee's gravelly voice works good a lot of the time, but for me,
it didn't work so well in this song. I absolutely love this song as
sung by Shania. I love the smoothness she puts into the song, so
Lee's rendition was a let-down for me. I'm not really saying he did a
bad job though. It would probably be tough to please me on this song
with a male singer, particularly if he sings in Lee's style.

FirstHit

Patrick Gleeson

Apr 28, 2010, 4:28:28 AM4/28/10

Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010

PRELIMINARIES
PERFORMANCES

5.0- Having an ice cold beer on a hot day after not having one for a
long, long time, Shawshank Redemption style.

0.0- Pork sandwich dipped in an ashtray, ala Weird Science.

Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

***3.0- Not bad. Just average for me. He's just the style I like. Didn't
really get all the hoopla from the judges.***

Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

***4.9- IMHO, Michael is the best vocalist out of all the contestants.
It's all a matter of taste. HIS style is what I like! That sultry smooth
tender R&B vibe, yet with power under control. Vocal was perfection***

Casey James - "Don't"

***3.5- Same style of song that Lee did which is what I really don't
care for, but Casey is a better vocalist and made it tolerable for me to
watch and listen to. Plus, he really looked the most comfortable up
there than I've ever seen him.***

Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

***5.0- I don't care for Country music, but I absolutely LOVED this
performance! Very cool vibe with the musicians up there and Crystal
sounded phenomenal as usual. She really performs like a seasoned pro and
all the judges comments were ridiculous. They were really grasping for
straws while trying there best to nitpick and find SOMETHING wrong with
crystal which is hard to do with perfection. Simon was trying to do the
same thing with Michael with the whole "wet" thing. What a joke.***

Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

***2.0- He's really trying hard and he sounded ok during a few parts of
the song but he was out of tune in the lower register and I just don't
like his vocal tone. What a nice young chap singing the song to his mum.
He's gotta go NOW!***

Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

***1.9- I generally like Siobhan, but this was her worst performance
ever. She sounds like she just did a cardio workout before hitting the
stage. The odd breathing is very annoying and her lower register is
shaky. She couldn't keep up with the tempo. I was sickened by the
comments from the judges.***

WRAPUP

MY TOP 6

1. Tie - MICHAEL AND CRYSTAL

2. CASEY
3. LEE
4. AARON
5. SIOBHAN

Who SHOULD go: SIOBHAN

Who WILL go: MICHAEL

Patrick Gleeson

Apr 28, 2010, 4:38:00 AM4/28/10

Correction: I meant to say that Lee's vocal style is NOT the style I
like.

Callen

Apr 28, 2010, 7:32:58 AM4/28/10
On Apr 27, 8:59 pm, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:

> Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010

> Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

This was horrible. How anyone can compare this guy to David Cook is
beyond me. He started out horribly out of tune, and then began the
patented shrieking he does. The only part I could stomach at all was
the very last bit. Hands down, worst performance of the night.

> Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

Same old performance from Big Mike. I think if I really liked the
Luther Vandross kind of R&B, I would really like this. Nothing wrong
with it, just not my cup of tea.

> Casey James - "Don't"

I disagree that this was better than "Jealous Guy", but WOW. I loved
it. Best of the night, no question about it.

> Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"

This is the first Crystal performance that I wasn't 100% crazy about.
I think I've just gotten used to being completely bowled over by her,
and this was just good. She should be safe but I hope she realizes
that this performance wasn't the top of her game. And I'm not sure I
needed to hear about her boyfriend needing to "man up".

> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

Aaron is going to be really good one day when he's had time to
mature. As it was, this was just another boring Aaron performance,
even though it was mostly well sung.

> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

I have to think that Siobhan is completely disconnected from what she
is singing. She spends so much time thinking through the technical
aspects, that she loses the artistry that she brought to her early
performances. It was as though I could see the performance mapped out
in her head and I just kept waiting for things like the sweet soprano
or the big note. I didn't really like it.

> WRAPUP

Best to worst:

1. Casey
2. KHRIISTALLL
3. Mike
4. Aaron
5. Siobhan
6. Lee

Should go home: Aaron or Mike
Will go home: Siobhan?

Callen in VA

Callen

Apr 28, 2010, 7:35:24 AM4/28/10

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I no longer trust the judges, and the tongue bath they gave that
trainwreck of Lee's just reinforces my opinion.

Callen in VA

Peach

Apr 28, 2010, 7:58:19 AM4/28/10
On Apr 27, 10:14 pm, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> "Ryan" <r...@idol.com> wrote in message

I think we overestimate his position with the teenyboppers.....I think
he does better with the old ladies. He really isn't cute *at all.*

Peach

Cheri

Apr 28, 2010, 8:29:27 AM4/28/10
"Peach" <straw...@lpbroadband.net> wrote in message

Peach

========

Could be. I think he's cute in a Jiminy Cricket kind of way. :-)

Cheri

vinsterbaby07

Apr 28, 2010, 8:31:02 AM4/28/10
> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"
>
> Aaron is going to be really good one day when he's had time to
> mature.  As it was, this was just another boring Aaron performance,
> even though it was mostly well sung.

> Callen in VA

I couldn't agree with you more. This kid DOES have chops but he needs
some time to develop them a bit more. I wouldn't be surprised if in
about 5 years, this kid is all over the radio. This is probably the
first week that I thought Aaron was really good. After this week, I
think he deserves to stay but I don't know if he will.

Vinnie

Peach

Apr 28, 2010, 9:15:10 AM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 6:29 am, "Cheri" <cher...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> "Peach" <strawbe...@lpbroadband.net> wrote in message
> Cheri- Hide quoted text -

I was thinking cute in a pug puppy kind of way. ;-)

Peach

Message has been deleted

Larc

Apr 28, 2010, 9:59:41 AM4/28/10

I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron isn't in the Bottom 3 this week. He would be
the logical one to benefit from Tim's fans. Those plus his fans could take him
as far as #4 or maybe even #3 unless he really messes up.

Larc

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Peach

Apr 28, 2010, 10:12:59 AM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 8:05 am, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> Peach wrote:
> > I think we overestimate his position with the teenyboppers.....I think
> > he does better with the old ladies.  He really isn't cute *at all.*
>
> ITA.
>
> Even if you just called Cheri an "old lady."
>
> Susan

Since she wasn't praising Aaron and claiming to be a big fan, no, I
didn't. :-)

Peach

Michael Reed

Apr 28, 2010, 10:23:59 AM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 9:59 am, Larc <l...@notmyaddress.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron isn't in the Bottom 3 this week.  He would be
> the logical one to benefit from Tim's fans.  Those plus his fans could take him
> as far as #4 or maybe even #3 unless he really messes up.
>
> Larc

I don't know. Young girls may go for him on age, but they could
easily shift to Casey for his look, and the fact he was very solid
tonight. I personally thought Aaron sounded a bit off and forced his
way through the song most of the way through, with the last note being
the only saving grace. We'll see. He did perform near the end, and
Mike second, so I'd bet on Mike going, but Aaron in the bottom two
would not surprise me at all, not with Crystal and Lee's large fan
bases, Casey's solid night and Siobhan getting the pimp spot.

Callen

Apr 28, 2010, 10:50:49 AM4/28/10
On Apr 28, 9:59 am, Larc <l...@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 05:31:02 -0700 (PDT), vinsterbaby07

I know we hear at ATAI don't believe in dialidol.com, but Aaron is the
only one who appears to be "safe", according to them.

Callen in VA

Cheri

Apr 28, 2010, 11:34:22 AM4/28/10
"Susan" <su...@nothanks.org> wrote in message
> x-no-archive: yes

> Peach wrote:
>
>> I think we overestimate his position with the teenyboppers.....I think
>> he does better with the old ladies. He really isn't cute *at all.*
>>

> ITA.
>
> Even if you just called Cheri an "old lady."
>
> Susan

I prefer "elderly geezer" thank you very much. :-)

Cheri

Message has been deleted

Larc

Apr 28, 2010, 12:14:15 PM4/28/10
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:50:49 -0700 (PDT), Callen <callen...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

| > I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron isn't in the Bottom 3 this week.  He would be
| > the logical one to benefit from Tim's fans.  Those plus his fans could take him
| > as far as #4 or maybe even #3 unless he really messes up.
| >
| > Larc
|
| I know we hear at ATAI don't believe in dialidol.com, but Aaron is the
| only one who appears to be "safe", according to them.
|
| Callen in VA

It's when DialIdol doesn't make specific predictions that I more or less ignore
them. If their numbers aren't good enough for them to generate predictions more
precise than anywhere from first to last, there's no reason for me to try
reading anything into them. But DI has a pretty good track record with specific
predictions. If they predict Aaron is safe, then I'll bet he likely is.

Larc

Micki

Apr 28, 2010, 1:10:10 PM4/28/10
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 07:50:49 -0700 (PDT), Callen
<callen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm amazed but if you take the DialIdol scores from top to bottom
that's how I rate them for last night.

Micki
" We know when we know, and if we knew then what we know now, we would have."

azurespirit

Apr 28, 2010, 4:43:57 PM4/28/10

"Peach" <straw...@lpbroadband.net> wrote in message

Thank you, again!

azurespirit

Apr 28, 2010, 4:44:24 PM4/28/10

"Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

Jiminy Cricket *IS* adorable!

azurespirit

Apr 28, 2010, 4:44:46 PM4/28/10

> x-no-archive: yes

> Peach wrote:
>
>> I was thinking cute in a pug puppy kind of way. ;-)
>>

> If someone hit it in the face with a shovel, maybe.
>
> Susan

LOLOLOLOL!!

azurespirit

Apr 28, 2010, 5:23:27 PM4/28/10

"Callen" <callen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 27, 8:59 pm, Itoshi <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote:
>
>> Finals Week 7 Performances, broadcast on 4/27/2010
>
>> Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"
>
> This was horrible. How anyone can compare this guy to David Cook is
> beyond me. He started out horribly out of tune, and then began the
> patented shrieking he does. The only part I could stomach at all was
> the very last bit. Hands down, worst performance of the night.

Lee has that raspy sort of voice that has gained favor these days. That
being said, that's about all he has. He's a nice enough guy, but I still
think lump of cream of wheat. He's insecure, and he slides all over the
notes to try to hit them. He has decent portions of songs, but nothing that
I would replay on my tivo.....let alone actually buy. I'm really sick of the
judges making comments about how parts of a 90 second performance not being
good....but the "rest" was GREAT~!

>> Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"
>
> Same old performance from Big Mike. I think if I really liked the
> Luther Vandross kind of R&B, I would really like this. Nothing wrong
> with it, just not my cup of tea.

It's interesting that the judges like to harp on Casey being more of the
same each week, but don't seem to think that about Mike. He's good, but
IMO...nothing special.

>> Casey James - "Don't"
>
> I disagree that this was better than "Jealous Guy", but WOW. I loved
> it. Best of the night, no question about it.

Yep, I agree with your comments above on Casey. The hair stylist is having a
great time with his hair.

>> Crystal Bowersox = "No One Needs to Know"
>
> This is the first Crystal performance that I wasn't 100% crazy about.
> I think I've just gotten used to being completely bowled over by her,
> and this was just good. She should be safe but I hope she realizes
> that this performance wasn't the top of her game. And I'm not sure I
> needed to hear about her boyfriend needing to "man up".

I liked the song and enjoyed seeing her be a bit human. If she *IS*
pregnant, maybe he has already manned up! He reminds me a wee bit of Jerry
McConnell.

>> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"
>
> Aaron is going to be really good one day when he's had time to
> mature. As it was, this was just another boring Aaron performance,
> even though it was mostly well sung.

Yep, both Aaron and Katie could have used a year or two to mature. That
being said, then they would not have that cutsie young appeal that can be
played.

>> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"
>
> I have to think that Siobhan is completely disconnected from what she
> is singing. She spends so much time thinking through the technical
> aspects, that she loses the artistry that she brought to her early
> performances. It was as though I could see the performance mapped out
> in her head and I just kept waiting for things like the sweet soprano
> or the big note. I didn't really like it.

Siobhan really does seem to be the Adam of this season. People really like
her...or not. I like her, Mr. Azure does not. The same was true about Adam.

@gmail.com zob

Apr 29, 2010, 2:30:57 AM4/29/10
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:34:22 -0700, "Cheri" <che...@newsguy.com>
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaruNs_7okY&feature=player_embedded
---
zob

Suzanne D.

May 3, 2010, 4:12:07 PM5/3/10
Ah swear, if I don't do it as soon as the show ends, it don't git done...

> PRELIMINARIES
They list off all the cool job each person has...and then simply call
Crystal a mother and Mike a father. How boring must it be to have your
entire personality denoted by the fact you have reproduced? The other
people get to be paint salesmen or glass blowers or construction workers.
Can't Mike or Crystal be stand-up comedians or Navy seals or political
consultants?

No voice over intros. I didn't like those anyway. Just have Seacrest
introduce the judges and be done with it.

Shania Twain (who has kick-ass awesome hair but a really unpleasant speaking
voice) apparently is a country music pioneer because she made country pop,
which was never done by Juice Newton or Kenny Rogers or Bonnie Tyler or
anyone else. She has trepidations about the night because she doesn't see
how such a diverse group of singers can all succeed singing the songs of a
single artist. Someone get Shania on the AI power team NOW!

> PERFORMANCES

> Lee Dewyze - "You're Still the One"

He practices without the guitar, but then uses it anyway in the performance.
A little shouty, hint of a goat vibrato. The judges say nice things about
him without actually saying that he was any good. Simon gets interrupted
first by the other judges and then by the closing scene music, and then just
gives this look like "Fuck it; I'm outta here in a month anyway."

> Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

Good and boring, and apparently wet.

> Casey James - "Don't"

Casey says "I don't think I've sang yet," causing grammar nerds across
America to squirm. He has Shania hair tonight, but it looks better on her
than it does on him. Nice to see him putting more effort into vocals, but
it's still sort of the same as always.

> Crystal Bowersox - "No One Needs to Know"
Ryan subtly gets back at Crystal's not-so-private dis at him by noting
Shania's really white teeth. Ooh, cold. Crystal disses her boyfriend on
national TV by saying that maybe he'll "step up" after hearing her sing this
song about wishing her baby daddy would marry her. This is actually my
favorite performance from Crystal. It was sweet, high and clear, and the
loud parts were strong without being shouty. But the judges are all, "NO!
that loud doesn't always mean better, which is either good common sense, or
a dis on Siobhan.

> Aaron Kelly - "You've Got a Way"

This SHOULD be a good song for him. but he still hits bad notes throughout
most of it. He sounds a little better with the slightly affected louder
parts, but I think I am finally having to admit that Aaron isn't actually a
good singer after all. It pains me to say it, but there's really no way I
can keep excusing him.

> Siobhan Magnus - "Any Man of Mine"

Good on the high notes--she wailed some (no screeching) and went to head
voice for others. There is more variance in singing voice in this one
performance than in the rest of the show put together. She really put
everything into it and knocked it out of the damn park.

On results night: Lots of people will sing badly, Mike staves off vampires
with a pizza, Kara secretly gloats that there is officially no one left on
the show who is prettier than her, and we learn that Siobhan will never get
to show us her Sinatra voice. Life is unfair.
--S.