Make It Stop, Already!

jewahe

Jul 1, 2009, 10:07:42 PM7/1/09
I haven't heard more than a blurb or two of real news all week...every
channel seems to have become the Michael Jackson Tribute Network, with a
parade of hulks, nannies, nurses, doctors, lawyers, vultures and
thieves. At most, there's five seconds worth of information, but it sets
of a tizzy of analysis and speculation that just doesn't end...

He's dead. We know. Let's move on to the real news...

Tin@

Jul 1, 2009, 10:25:58 PM7/1/09

Wow, what news do you watch, cuz I've seen plenty of other news.
There's a fire in Castiac, they haven't passed a state budget, a
dentasl office got robbed today. Turn off TMZ. HTH.

Sam

Jul 1, 2009, 10:27:42 PM7/1/09

"jewahe" <reg...@comcast.net> wrote in message

You are aware that this group does not control the media. Oh boy, we'd be
in trouble if we did!

We would have:

The TC Channel (TCC)
The Gay Network (TGN)
Alaskan Broadcasting System (ABS)
Who Died Today Network (WDTN)
Lots of Lists Channel (LLC)
Conspiracy Theories Broadcasting (CTB)
Reality-Show Contests Network (RCN)
Spam Daily (a New York newspaper)
Where Are They Now? (tabloid)
Welcome Back Gazette (a Los Angeles newspaper)
Cooking & Eating - All Our Favorite Recipes (a multi-authored cookbook)
Hourly Rants in Motion (talk-show hosted by Tin@ and other "very special"
guests) - in syndication
Where in the World is Bob Rudd (morning show feature on ABS)
The Threes Strike Again! (a mini-series spanning *3* weeks on WDTN)
and many, many more...

Sam

fmomoon

Jul 1, 2009, 10:31:52 PM7/1/09

"jewahe" <reg...@comcast.net> wrote in message

To be fair, he represented the youth of a lot of people. He was excellent
back in the 80s. I felt sorry for him as he aged and tried to get as far
away from who he was, physically, as possible. Sad man/boy.
--
Moni

fmomoon

Jul 1, 2009, 10:36:01 PM7/1/09

"Sam" <swkn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Sam, you have made me laugh today. That was brilliant. Once in a while we
actually talk about AI, too! Yeah, I know, shocking.
--
Moni

Fille

Jul 1, 2009, 10:36:59 PM7/1/09
On Jul 1, 10:27 pm, "Sam" <swknte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Sam - you're too cute for the room. Thanks for the laff! :-)

Fille

Jul 1, 2009, 10:40:49 PM7/1/09
On Jul 1, 10:31 pm, "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I agree with you Moni. Personally, even tho I wouldn't say I was a fan
of MJ, I am actually pretty interested at all the news and tributes to
him and have followed a fair amount myself. Of course, I do understand
where jewahe is coming from and for those who don't care for this type
of constant coverage I'm sure it can be a bit frustrating.
I too felt sorry for the man. I see a very sad person when I look at
and listen to him. I don't think he lived the life of Riley some think
he did.

Peach

Jul 1, 2009, 11:03:58 PM7/1/09
> he did.- Hide quoted text -

It's not bothering me either, and I am not a huge fan....though it has
taken his death for me to grasp the *scope* of his fame and just how
iconic he was. Being the Elvis lover, I never wanted to put him in the
same category...but he's pretty damn close.

It has been enlightening to me...I've changed some views I had on him
from it....plus, I love seeing him little again. ;-) I love the
Jackson 5.

Did anyone see the clip they showed of the time he was blindfolded and
taken to the grocery store to shop? They took off his blindfold and
he was so excited! He said, "Oh, this is so cool! I never get to do
this." It broke my heart....

Peach

@gmail.com zob

Jul 2, 2009, 1:06:26 AM7/2/09

ROFL! Excellent, Sam!

But you forgot WWJW (WorldWide Jello Wrestling)
---
Zob

@gmail.com zob

Jul 2, 2009, 1:07:30 AM7/2/09
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:31:52 -0700, "fmomoon" <fmo...@comcast.net>
wrote:

++++++1

My sentiments exactly.
---
Zob

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 1:16:43 AM7/2/09
> Peach- Hide quoted text -

Aw, no - I didn't see that clip. It's funny - I think a lot of people
think if you have riches and fame that will equal a happy, satisfied
life and, IMO, watching some of these celeb death stories seems to
prove just the opposite.
It's sort of like Janis Joplin said, "Every night I make love to
10,000 people and then go home alone."

Vandar

Jul 2, 2009, 1:50:45 AM7/2/09
zob wrote:

That's PPV, thankyouverymuch.

savage-lucy�

Jul 2, 2009, 2:22:17 AM7/2/09
> He's dead. We know. Let's move on to the real news...

And now for the real news....Pop superstar Michael Jackson is still dead....

--
savage-lucy�

Film at 11.........

@gmail.com zob

Jul 2, 2009, 3:01:54 AM7/2/09

*snort*
---
Zob

@gmail.com zob

Jul 2, 2009, 3:11:16 AM7/2/09
On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:16:43 -0700 (PDT), Fille <fille...@live.com>
wrote:

> I think a lot of people
>think if you have riches and fame that will equal a happy, satisfied
>life

I'd be willing to try to prove that theory :-)

>and, IMO, watching some of these celeb death stories seems to
>prove just the opposite.

Sweetie, you're gonna have problems in your life and then die. Would
you rather have problems and be poor and then die, or have problems
and be rich and then die? :-)

>It's sort of like Janis Joplin said, "Every night I make love to
>10,000 people and then go home alone."

Aw, poor baby. She couda bought an escort.

See, I'm just a practical kinda guy.

No offence, Big F, but I think that anybody would have to be
absolutely nuckin' futs to say that they'd rather be poor than rich
for fear that money would make them unhappy, ;-)

Oh, and think of how much more you'd be able to give to charity, of
course ...
---
Zob

Suzy

Jul 2, 2009, 7:39:45 AM7/2/09
"jewahe" <reg...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Gypsies, tramps and thieves. Oops, that was Cher. Oh no! I hope I didn't
hex her!

Suzy

Jul 2, 2009, 7:48:34 AM7/2/09
"Sam" <swkn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You forgot reruns of:

The Three Stooges starring TC, Vandar, and Thantos
Three's Company starring greg, Sanna, and Moni
The Odd Couple starring Suzanne and Nathan
Northern Exposure starring Judy and Sarah P.
Dumb and Dumber starring Tun@ and Gregory Morrow
Petticoat Junction starring bella, dixi, and suzy

Tin@

Jul 2, 2009, 8:22:16 AM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 4:48 am, "Suzy" <mmmil...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Sam" <swknte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Petticoat Junction starring bella, dixi, and suzy- Hide quoted text -

And The Biggest Loser starring Susie.

Cheri

Jul 2, 2009, 9:49:52 AM7/2/09
"jewahe" <reg...@comcast.net> wrote in message

It's been hard, since I'm used to listening to different news stations all
day on most days, but I haven't left the TV on, just flipping through
channels each day, to see if it's over. To me CNN seems to be the worst, but
couldn't say for sure. I will be glad when it's over too.

Cheri

Peach

Jul 2, 2009, 9:56:45 AM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 1:11 am, zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:16:43 -0700 (PDT), Fille <filledep...@live.com>

> wrote:
>
> > I think a lot of people
> >think if you have riches and fame that will equal a happy, satisfied
> >life
>
> I'd be willing to try to prove that theory  :-)
>
> >and, IMO, watching some of these celeb death stories seems to
> >prove just the opposite.
>
> Sweetie, you're gonna have problems in your life and then die.  Would
> you rather have problems and be poor and then die, or have problems
> and be rich and then die?  :-)

That may be true....but I think sometimes being rich can temporarily
mask what one's real problems are. When you're poor, you don't have
all that money and all those things keeping you from facing the issues
in your life. You don't have money to seemingly "buy your way" out of
your problems. It seems to me that (in some cases) the richer you
are, the bigger your problems can be...

But I know what you mean... I definitely rather be rich than poor.
(Yet, still stay the wonderful person I am today.) :-) HEE

Peach

dixichik

Jul 2, 2009, 10:05:47 AM7/2/09
<snerk>

Lurve it!

dixichik

Jul 2, 2009, 10:06:39 AM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 6:48 am, "Suzy" <mmmil...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Sam" <swknte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Petticoat Junction starring bella, dixi, and suzy- Hide quoted text -

Petticoat Junction. Ha-ha.

Message has been deleted

dixichik

Jul 2, 2009, 10:27:30 AM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 9:21 am, SLGreg <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
> Gee, thanks, I'm a dead guy who wore Dolphin shorts, knee-high, white
> tube socks and had to share a three room apartment with Suzanne Somers
> and whatshername.
>
> -greg- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, and the dead guy only pretended to be gay.

Sam

Jul 2, 2009, 10:27:49 AM7/2/09

"SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
> Gee, thanks, I'm a dead guy who wore Dolphin shorts, knee-high, white
> tube socks and had to share a three room apartment with Suzanne Somers
> and whatshername.
>
> -greg

Joyce DeWitt

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 12:03:46 PM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 3:11 am, zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:16:43 -0700 (PDT), Fille <filledep...@live.com>

I think the problems that the rich have are different than us poor
folk have. If you want to have problems and be rich then I really hope
you win the lottery or become the next MJ when you release your new
CD. For me, I'll stay the poor, unknown peon I am - invisible, left
alone, happy with my little family in obscurity. Thank ewe - thank ewe
very much!

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 12:07:40 PM7/2/09

I've never been rich monetarily but I know from reading stories about
people who suddenly came into wealth that their lives often became
screwed up. Money can do a lot of good but often times I really DO
think it's the root of all evil. But hey - hear that different
drumbeat over there? Watch me march to it. :-)

fmomoon

Jul 2, 2009, 12:18:50 PM7/2/09

"Suzy" <mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Three's Company starring greg, Sanna, and Moni

Well, I guess Sanna will have to be the Suzanne Sommers role. I'm far too
smart.... :)
--
Moni

Peach

Jul 2, 2009, 12:56:04 PM7/2/09
> drumbeat over there? Watch me march to it.  :-)- Hide quoted text -

I always like to point out that it's the *love* of money that's the
root of all evil....not just money. :-) Of course, I don't know too
many people who don't love their money....worship their money....roll
around naked in it, etc. etc.

Peach

Sanna

Jul 2, 2009, 12:58:05 PM7/2/09
SLGreg wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
> <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Gee, thanks, I'm a dead guy who wore Dolphin shorts, knee-high, white
> tube socks and had to share a three room apartment with Suzanne Somers
> and whatshername.

Don't complain. Moni is Mrs. Roper.

Sanna

Jul 2, 2009, 12:59:41 PM7/2/09

<snort snort snort>

fmomoon

Jul 2, 2009, 1:50:14 PM7/2/09

"Sanna" <sanna_onaneedt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
You are in such trouble! Especially since Zob is Mr. Roper.
--
Moni

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 1:58:41 PM7/2/09
> Peach- Hide quoted text -

LOL. Well, I'll admit there *are* times I wish we had some extra $$$
floating around so I could do some good with it and try rolling around
in it. However, I'd be just as happy rolling around in chocolate too
so................................

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 1:59:36 PM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 1:50 pm, "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Sanna" <sanna_onaneedtoknowbasiso...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Moni- Hide quoted text -

No - he's much more MRS. Roper. ;-)
<ducks and covers>

Sanna

Jul 2, 2009, 2:12:51 PM7/2/09

Zob is Mr. Roper? *THAT* explains why he was never interested in having
sex with his wife.
--

Message has been deleted

Sam

Jul 2, 2009, 3:06:33 PM7/2/09

"Fille" <fille...@live.com> wrote in message

*********

Maybe more of a Mr. Furley!

Sam

dixichik

Jul 2, 2009, 3:44:52 PM7/2/09
So who would be Larry in the Threes Company world.

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 4:05:53 PM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 3:06 pm, "Sam" <swknte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Fille" <filledep...@live.com> wrote in message
> Sam- Hide quoted text -

Aw - Don Knotts. I loved that guy. May he RIP. :-(

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 4:06:06 PM7/2/09
On Jul 2, 3:44 pm, dixichik <oneidacoll...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So who would be Larry in the Threes Company world.

TC

Sam

Jul 2, 2009, 4:10:44 PM7/2/09

"Fille" <fille...@live.com> wrote in message

***********

Indeed!

Loved "Ghost and Mr. Chicken"

Sam

Mike

Jul 2, 2009, 4:13:24 PM7/2/09
On Jul 1, 10:07 pm, jewahe <rega...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I haven't heard more than a blurb or two of real news all week...every
> channel seems to have become the Michael Jackson Tribute Network, with a
> parade of hulks, nannies, nurses, doctors, lawyers, vultures and
> thieves. At most, there's five seconds worth of information, but it sets
> of a tizzy of analysis and speculation that just doesn't end...
>
> He's dead. We know. Let's move on to the real news...

Not me....I can't get enough! I have been reading lots about it. I
was the same way with the OJ murders. I'm flawed.

Mike

Fille

Jul 2, 2009, 4:18:59 PM7/2/09

Oh, me too!!!! Remember the running joke in that movie in the crowd
scenes - some guy would always yell out, "Atta boy, Luther!" ROFLMAO

Starbuck

Jul 2, 2009, 4:59:03 PM7/2/09
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:07:42 -0400, jewahe <reg...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>I haven't heard more than a blurb or two of real news all week...every
>channel seems to have become the Michael Jackson Tribute Network, with a
>parade of hulks, nannies, nurses, doctors, lawyers, vultures and
>thieves. At most, there's five seconds worth of information, but it sets
>of a tizzy of analysis and speculation that just doesn't end...
>
>He's dead. We know. Let's move on to the real news...

According to this poll 64% seem to agree with you...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_media_poll_3

*$
aa#2290

Ron

Jul 3, 2009, 1:37:26 AM7/3/09
On Jul 1, 11:03 pm, Peach <strawbe...@lpbroadband.net> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 8:40 pm, Fille <filledep...@live.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 1, 10:31 pm, "fmomoon" <fmom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > > "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > > To be fair, he represented the youth of a lot of people.  He was excellent
> > > back in the 80s.  I felt sorry for him as he aged and tried to get as far
> > > away from who he was, physically, as possible.  Sad man/boy.
> > > --
> > > Moni
>
> > I agree with you Moni. Personally, even tho I wouldn't say I was a fan
> > of MJ, I am actually pretty interested at all the news and tributes to
> > him and have followed a fair amount myself. Of course, I do understand
> > where jewahe is coming from and for those who don't care for this type
> > of constant coverage I'm sure it can be a bit frustrating.
> > I too felt sorry for the man. I see a very sad person when I look at
> > and listen to him. I don't think he lived the life of Riley some think
> > he did.- Hide quoted text -

> It's not bothering me either, and I am not a huge fan....though it has
> taken his death for me to grasp the *scope* of his fame and just how
> iconic he was. Being the Elvis lover, I never wanted to put him in the
> same category...but he's pretty damn close.

World wide, MJ was / is bigger than Elvis.

@gmail.com zob

Jul 3, 2009, 2:33:51 AM7/3/09
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 06:56:45 -0700 (PDT), Peach
<straw...@lpbroadband.net> wrote:

>On Jul 2, 1:11�am, zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:16:43 -0700 (PDT), Fille <filledep...@live.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I think a lot of people
>> >think if you have riches and fame that will equal a happy, satisfied
>> >life
>>
>> I'd be willing to try to prove that theory �:-)
>>
>> >and, IMO, watching some of these celeb death stories seems to
>> >prove just the opposite.
>>
>> Sweetie, you're gonna have problems in your life and then die. �Would
>> you rather have problems and be poor and then die, or have problems
>> and be rich and then die? �:-)
>
>That may be true....but I think sometimes being rich can temporarily
>mask what one's real problems are. When you're poor, you don't have
>all that money and all those things keeping you from facing the issues
>in your life. You don't have money to seemingly "buy your way" out of
>your problems. It seems to me that (in some cases) the richer you
>are, the bigger your problems can be...
>
>But I know what you mean... I definitely rather be rich than poor.
>(Yet, still stay the wonderful person I am today.) :-) HEE
>
>Peach

Exactly! Sureley being "monied" wouldm't change *us*!
---
Zob

Message has been deleted

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 9:54:28 PM7/3/09
"dixichik" <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Jul 2, 6:48 am, "Suzy" <mmmil...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Sam" <swknte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "jewahe" <rega...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >>I haven't heard more than a blurb or two of real news all week...every
> >>channel seems to have become the Michael Jackson Tribute Network, with a
> >>parade of hulks, nannies, nurses, doctors, lawyers, vultures and
> >>thieves.
> >>At most, there's five seconds worth of information, but it sets of a
> >>tizzy
> >>of analysis and speculation that just doesn't end...
>
> >> He's dead. We know. Let's move on to the real news...
>
> Petticoat Junction starring bella, dixi, and suzy- Hide quoted text -

Petticoat Junction. Ha-ha.
----

I picked that one for us dix, since we are three sexy southern girls!

--
Suzy

Sometimes things people say, or do, can come back and bite them in the
butt too, so the moral of the story is, to think twice before you say
anything.
Judy

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 9:56:32 PM7/3/09
"SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
> Gee, thanks, I'm a dead guy who wore Dolphin shorts, knee-high, white
> tube socks and had to share a three room apartment with Suzanne Somers
> and whatshername.
>
> -greg

Dude, must have been one hell of an apartment for you to pretend to be gay!
LOL!

BTW, did you see my grandson on Facebook? He is wearing your madras shorts!

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 9:57:54 PM7/3/09
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:27:30 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
> <oneida...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> -greg- Hide quoted text -

>>Yeah, and the dead guy only pretended to be gay.
>
> I know. He wasn't anywhere near hot enough to REALLY be gay.
>
> -greg

And that pisses me off to no end. Q: Know how to tell if a man is gay? A:
He's hot!

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 10:00:05 PM7/3/09

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:27:49 -0500, "Sam" <swkn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message

>>> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 07:06:39 -0700 (PDT), dixichik
>>Joyce DeWitt
>
> I think I saw her, working at the Big!Lots in Compton. She'd gained a
> lot of weight.
>
> -greg

So which one is Suzanne Somers? Sanna or Moni?

<sorry if i insulted anyone, I did this off the top of my head late at
night, just before going to bed>

Feel free to add your own!

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 10:01:53 PM7/3/09
"Sam" <swkn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

That was a great LOL movie!

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 10:03:37 PM7/3/09

> So who would be Larry in the Threes Company world.

That's Vandar all the way. He will just have to handle two roles.

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 10:04:49 PM7/3/09
"Sanna" <sanna_onaneedt...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hey Sanna, got any of those Thigh-Masters left?

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 10:07:52 PM7/3/09
"Fille" <fille...@live.com> wrote in message

---------

Don't do it honey. I did that once, spread all my money on the bed, got
naked and rolled in it. Those damn pennies are cold and they stick to you!

bella

Jul 3, 2009, 10:27:17 PM7/3/09

"Suzy" <mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Um, can I stay inside when it's hot?? You two do the outside shots, okay?
I'll come out in the winter time. :)

bella

Suzy

Jul 3, 2009, 11:15:00 PM7/3/09
"bella" <tinyda...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Don't you want to go swim with us in the water tower?

--
Suzy

Message has been deleted

fmomoon

Jul 3, 2009, 11:32:36 PM7/3/09

"Suzy" <mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
Sanna is Suzanne Somers. :)
--
Moni
"I have no life."

Jason Wuthrich

Jul 4, 2009, 12:02:26 AM7/4/09
"Sam" <swkn...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You are aware that this group does not control the media. Oh boy, we'd
> be in trouble if we did!
>
> We would have:
>
> The TC Channel (TCC)
> The Gay Network (TGN)
> Alaskan Broadcasting System (ABS)
> Who Died Today Network (WDTN)
> Lots of Lists Channel (LLC)
> Conspiracy Theories Broadcasting (CTB)
> Reality-Show Contests Network (RCN)
> Spam Daily (a New York newspaper)
> Where Are They Now? (tabloid)
> Welcome Back Gazette (a Los Angeles newspaper)
> Cooking & Eating - All Our Favorite Recipes (a multi-authored cookbook)
> Hourly Rants in Motion (talk-show hosted by Tin@ and other "very special"
> guests) - in syndication
> Where in the World is Bob Rudd (morning show feature on ABS)
> The Threes Strike Again! (a mini-series spanning *3* weeks on WDTN)
> and many, many more...

Coming this fall to ATAIN, Jason Wuthrich stars in "NGSI: Newsgroup Scene
Investigation".

"ALS is picking up fresh stains in the corner."

Suzy

Jul 4, 2009, 1:10:45 AM7/4/09
> Even as a child I thought that three girls bathing in the town's water
> supply was somehow wrong. Course if it had been Jethro Bodene in
> there, I wouldn't be complaining.
>
> Weren't the "Shady Rest" clan related to the Clampetts? I seem to
> remember Cousin Pearl being in both shows, I think????
>
> -greg

I'm not sure but I think Jed and Kate were cousins. But then again, who
wasn't? :-)

Yep, I thought the swimming it the water tower was weird. That's something
I have never seen! LOL!

@gmail.com zob

Jul 4, 2009, 5:40:50 AM7/4/09
On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 20:21:36 -0700, SLGreg <SLG...@madeitup.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:15:00 -0500, "Suzy"
><mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>Even as a child I thought that three girls bathing in the town's water
>supply was somehow wrong. Course if it had been Jethro Bodene in
>there, I wouldn't be complaining.
>
>Weren't the "Shady Rest" clan related to the Clampetts? I seem to
>remember Cousin Pearl being in both shows, I think????
>
>-greg

I used to love Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies and Green
Acres!

Petticoat Junction was more closely related to Green Acres; they
shared a lot of characters in common. In fact, PJ was located on the
outskirts of Hooterville. The creator/producer also produced GA and
BH, and thy occasionally crossed characters over on all three shows.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petticoat_Junction

The show was set in the same fictional universe as the rural
television comedy Green Acres, also set in Hooterville. Both shows
shared such characters as Sam Drucker, Newt Kiley, and Floyd Smoot. A
number of core Green Acres characters, such as Fred and Doris Ziffel,
Arnold the Pig, Newt Kiley, and Ben Miller, actually got their "start"
on Petticoat Junction in the 1964-1965 season, which saw a number of
scripts written by Acres creator Jay Sommers. Characters on all of
Henning's creations sometimes "crossed over" into one another's
programs, especially during the first two seasons of Green Acres. In a
1968 episode ("Granny, the Baby Expert"), Granny from The Beverly
Hillbillies comes to Hooterville to tend to Betty Jo and Steve's baby.
Granny looks at a picture of Kate and is astonished at her resemblance
to Jed's cousin, Pearl Bodine (previously played by Benaderet), and
prior to her visit to Hooterville, reminded Jed that he was related to
Kate through Pearl. Other crossover shows include one where the
Clampetts, Milburn Drysdale, and Miss Jane spend both Thanksgiving and
Christmas of 1968 in Hooterville on The Beverly Hillbillies and a 1970
episode of The Beverly Hillbillies in which Mr. Drysdale thought that
billionaire Howard Hughes lived in Hooterville (the man turned out to
be Howard Hewes, who owned the Hooterville airport).
---
Zob

Fille

Jul 4, 2009, 8:25:28 AM7/4/09
On Jul 3, 10:07 pm, "Suzy" <mmmil...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote:
> "Fille" <filledep...@live.com> wrote in message

Haha - the visual is priceless!!!! :-)

fmomoon

Jul 4, 2009, 1:31:53 PM7/4/09

"Fille" <fille...@live.com> wrote in message

--------
Yeah, the paper cuts from the money can hurt, too.

Di

Jul 4, 2009, 1:39:09 PM7/4/09
"fmomoon" <fmo...@comcast.net> wrote...
> "Suzy" <mmmi...@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote...
>> "SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote...
>>>
>>[...]

>> So which one is Suzanne Somers? Sanna or Moni?
>> <sorry if i insulted anyone, I did this off the top of my head late at
>> night, just before going to bed>
>>
>> Feel free to add your own!
>> Suzy
>>
> Sanna is Suzanne Somers. :)
> --
> Moni

Sanna's digging out her old push up bras.

Suzy

Jul 4, 2009, 10:27:07 PM7/4/09
"fmomoon" <fmo...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Oh I didn't have any extra paper money, just pennies.

Fille

Jul 5, 2009, 11:35:12 AM7/5/09
> "I have no life."- Hide quoted text -

Ouch, oooch, eeeee, ah!!!!