Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Idol Season 10 contestants ranked by estimated ITunes sales

3 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Ken

não lida,
19 de mar. de 2011, 03:34:3519/03/2011
para
Each week, studio versions of the Idol songs are available on ITunes.
Knowing how the contestants compare in ITunes sales each week would
obviously be a useful metric in attempting to predict the vote
results.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to see directly how many copies of
each Idol song have been purchased. However, it's possible to get a
reasonable estimate of how the contestants compare with each other in
sales. How? Because buyers can give a rating of 1 to 5 stars to each
song, and ITunes displays both the average rating and TOTAL NUMBER OF
RATINGS for each song.

It's reasonable to assume the number of ratings for each song is
proportional to the number purchased. So the number of ratings should
correlate (more or less) with how each contestant ranks in terms of
ITune sales.

Show below are the ITunes figures for the last two weeks, compiled
each week shortly before the results show began on the east coast. The
number of ratings and average rating (1 to 5 stars) for each song are
included.

The person with the lowest number of ITunes ratings was sent home each
week.

I will try to post the figures each week shortly before the results
show so we can see if they continue to be a useful prediction tool.

==========================
TOP 12 songs on ITunes

You can listen to the full-length studio versions on the page below
(but they can’t be downloaded):
http://idolbloglive.com/idolblog/season-10-top-12-studios

ratings stars

439____5.0___Scotty
404____4.5___Stefano
342____4.5___James
326____4.5___Paul
277____4.5___Lauren
265____3.5___Casey
251____4.5___Pia
221____4.5___Thia
208____4.0___Jacob
204____4.5___Haley
149____3.0___Naima
132____3.5___Karen

Scotty is at the top for the 2nd week in a row. Karen is at bottom
after coming in 2nd to last after Ashthon last week.

Stefano moves up to 2nd place after his 9th place last week.

Pia's 7th place rank (falling from 3rd last week) is suprisingly weak
considering that online polls showed her live performance was rated
highest along with Stefano. Is she starting to fade?

It's also notable how well Paul's studio version is doing even though
many thought his live performance was one of the weakest.

==========================
TOP 13 songs on ITunes

You can listen to the full-length studio versions on the page below
(but they can’t be downloaded):
http://idolbloglive.com/idolblog/season-10-top-12-studios

ratings stars

527____4.5___Scotty
487____5.0___James
379____5.0___Pia
369____4.5___Casey
318____4.5___Paul
305____4.0___Naima
278____4.5___Haley
227____4.5___Lauren
201____4.5___Stefano
197____4.0___Jacob
194____4.5___Thia
158____3.0___Karen
136____2.5___Ashthon

surfingnoreen

não lida,
20 de mar. de 2011, 17:10:0220/03/2011
para

I'm somewhat surprised Scotty is outselling everyone else on iTunes
but he does have a distinct baritone voice which has been missing on
the Country scene for a few decades. Hate to have him win American
Idol, though, since his range is rather limited.

Noreen

Callen

não lida,
20 de mar. de 2011, 17:52:0320/03/2011
para
> Noreen- Hide quoted text -

Well, Noreen, it's been nice knowing you. :-P

Callen in VA

A mensagem foi excluída

surfingnoreen

não lida,
20 de mar. de 2011, 19:17:4820/03/2011
para

OMG, Callen, you're that much of a Scotty fan. He's a one-trick-pony
but very enjoyable watching his one trick.

Noreen

A mensagem foi excluída

surfingnoreen

não lida,
20 de mar. de 2011, 20:02:4620/03/2011
para
On Mar 20, 4:27 pm, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes

> On 3/20/2011 7:17 PM, surfingnoreen wrote:
>
> > OMG, Callen, you're that much of a Scotty fan.  He's a one-trick-pony
> > but very enjoyable watching his one trick.
>
> Not Callen.
>
> But Judy may pop right off the Richter scale.  I hope you have emergency
> provisions.  ;-)
>
> Susan

Thanks for the warning. I totally expected Judy to support Scotty. I
like Scotty, don't get me wrong. He's unique but still a one-trick-
pony. (duck)

Noreen

A mensagem foi excluída

Peter Lawrence

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 01:52:1621/03/2011
para
On 3/20/11 5:02 PM, surfingnoreen wrote:

> Thanks for the warning. I totally expected Judy to support Scotty. I
> like Scotty, don't get me wrong. He's unique but still a one-trick-
> pony. (duck)

I don't know about you, but I know I would enjoy a one-trick pony who does
that one trick exceedingly well compared to any multiple-tricks ponies that
can't do any one trick remarkably well.

:)

- Peter

azurespirit

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 02:35:3621/03/2011
para

"surfingnoreen" wrote in message

Noreen

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What's a pony duck?

I still think that Casey will shave and sing a sappy ballad in a few weeks.
Perhaps Scotty will glue on the shaved off hair and also do a sappy ballad.
That would be fun....right?

Judy Haffner

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 03:35:0221/03/2011
para

Peter wrote:

>I don't know about you, but I know I
> would enjoy a one-trick pony who does
> that one trick exceedingly well
> compared to any multiple-tricks ponies
> that can't do any one trick remarkably
> well.

You and me both, Peter! Funny thing is, the same thing was said about
Chris Daughtry in Season 5, and look at how WELL he has done since his
stint on 'Idol'! A "pony" doesn't have to know more than one trick to be
the BEST in the show! :))

I can see why Scotty is leading at the top of the ITunes list...he is
the only one I'd buy a CD of, and whose voice I enjoy more than any
others every week. I know some of the others have fine enough voices, I
suppose, but to me they just aren't outstanding. Perhaps because I'm a
true Country music fan, and since I've been watching A. I. his voice is
the only real true authentic Country singer I've heard. Bucky and Kellie
Pickler were good, but never would buy a CD by them, and I wasn't
watching back when Carrie Underwood was on, but am not that 'thrilled'
with her voice for some reason.

Judy

Judy Haffner

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 03:42:2521/03/2011
para

Azurespirit wrote:

>What's a pony duck?

Something like a moose goose maybe? :))

>I still think that Casey will shave and
> sing a sappy ballad in a few weeks.
> Perhaps Scotty will glue on the shaved
> off hair and also do a sappy ballad. That
> would be fun....right?

Nah, I think Casey should have his hair done in dreadlocks like Jason
Castro did and sing Hallelujah over Over The Rainbow. Scotty just needs
to put on a cowboy hat and boots and sing a Country tune that is more
upbeat.

Judy

surfingnoreen

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 06:38:4721/03/2011
para
On Mar 20, 11:35 pm, "azurespirit" <gkn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "surfingnoreen"  wrote in message

> On Mar 20, 4:27 pm, Susan <su...@nothanks.org> wrote:
>
> > x-no-archive: yes
>
> > On 3/20/2011 7:17 PM, surfingnoreen wrote:
>
> > > OMG, Callen, you're that much of a Scotty fan.  He's a one-trick-pony
> > > but very enjoyable watching his one trick.
>
> > Not Callen.
>
> > But Judy may pop right off the Richter scale.  I hope you have emergency
> > provisions.  ;-)
>
> > Susan
>
> Thanks for the warning.  I totally expected Judy to support Scotty.  I
> like Scotty, don't get me wrong.  He's unique but still a one-trick-
> pony. (duck)
>
> Noreen
>
> @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
>
> What's a pony duck?

You missed the period in "pony. (duck) . I'm ducking what I was
warned Judy would be throwing my way. ;) However, if I were to wonder
what is a "pony duck" it would have to be Paul MacDonald. He's a one-
trick-pony who walks like a duck on stage during his performance.

> I still think that Casey will shave and sing a sappy ballad in a few weeks.
> Perhaps Scotty will glue on the shaved off hair and also do a sappy ballad.
> That would be fun....right?

You think some guys would look better without a beard but then they
shave and you're aghast. I think Casey is one of those guys.

Noreen

A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 10:48:3621/03/2011
para
surfingnoreen wrote:

> I'm somewhat surprised Scotty is outselling everyone else on iTunes but he
> does have a distinct baritone voice which has been missing on the Country
> scene for a few decades.

But it hasn't been missing. Josh Turner is doing very well right now with
the same type voice. It's Turner's song that put Scotty sang repeatedly.
Perhaps the reason Scotty is doing so well is because of Josh Turner's
popularity.

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 10:57:4621/03/2011
para

I agree. Sort of like a Jack of all trades, master of none.

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 10:59:3521/03/2011
para
Judy Haffner wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>
>> I don't know about you, but I know I
>> would enjoy a one-trick pony who does
>> that one trick exceedingly well
>> compared to any multiple-tricks ponies
>> that can't do any one trick remarkably
>> well.
>
> You and me both, Peter! Funny thing is, the same thing was said about
> Chris Daughtry in Season 5, and look at how WELL he has done since his
> stint on 'Idol'! A "pony" doesn't have to know more than one trick to
> be the BEST in the show! :))

I don't recall Chris being considered a one trick pony. I thought he was
viewed as pretty versatile. If anything it was Taylor who was more like a
one trick pony, and he won. So I guess that's what people seem to like. So
that's good news for Scotty.

A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 11:46:1521/03/2011
para
Rob Budd wrote:
> Scotty hardly qualifies as a master.

I'm just thinking of contestants that try to switch things up so much that
it comes back to hurt them. Stick to what they are good at and not add
theatrics and gimmicks.

> People often become a jack of all trades because they seem to be able to
> handle just about anything that is thrown at them very well. That's a
> special type of mastery.

Sure there are some. But then there are the others, that attempt to do so
many different things and do them okay....instead of being outstanding in
one or two things

A mensagem foi excluída

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 12:05:0821/03/2011
para
Rob Budd wrote:
> When I hear "Jack of all trades", my mental references are "Jacks"
> such as, Leonardo DiVinci, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas
> Edison... well, you get the picture!

Oh....LOL.

When I think of them I think of my Aunt who tries to run a business, sing,
paint, decorate, volunteer, play instruments, breed dogs, direct a choir
etc. She is okay at all of them. But if she took the time to hone her
skills in just one or two of those things I bet she'd be awesome.

surfingnoreen

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 12:13:0221/03/2011
para
On Mar 21, 5:57 am, Bob Rudd <bobr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> In article <e7980ed6-f73e-40c8-8601-
> d079b2986...@q40g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, sortingthings...@gmail.com
> says...
> It's neither the beard or the hair though Noreen.  I like the guy but I
> think he can look like the Geico caveman on occasion and I think that
> might hurt him, at some point.

Maybe a closely trimmed beard but I don't think he'd look good clean
shaven. Some guys are like that.

Noreen

A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída

surfingnoreen

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 12:24:0821/03/2011
para
On Mar 21, 5:10 am, Rob Budd <robb...@verison.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 23:35:02 -0800, jhaff...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
> wrote:
>

> >Peter wrote:
>
> >>I don't know about you, but I know I
> >> would enjoy a one-trick pony who does
> >> that one trick exceedingly well
> >> compared to any multiple-tricks ponies
> >> that can't do any one trick remarkably
> >> well.
>
> >You and me both, Peter! Funny thing is, the same thing was said about
> >Chris Daughtry in Season 5, and look at how WELL he has done since his
> >stint on 'Idol'! A "pony" doesn't have to know more than one trick to be
> >the BEST in the show! :))
>
> This is known as making a virtue out of necessity.
>
> One Trick Pony... See also: One Hit Wonder

Exactement!

Noreen

Peter Lawrence

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 13:13:2321/03/2011
para

It's usually men with little or no chins that looks better with a beard
versus without one. And Casey definitely has a chin.

Personally, I think Casey would look better without his beard. Remove his
beard and trim his hair, and he'll look 10 years younger. Now, he looks
like someone in his late 20's to early 30's. Clean shaven, he'll look like
someone closer to his actual age.

BTW, here's a photo of Casey where he was almost clean shaven (just at the
very start of his beard) when he was 16-years-old:

http://idol-mania.com/american-idol-fan/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Casey-Abrams-5.jpg

- Peter

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 13:20:0821/03/2011
para

He looks cute there. His beard is goofy looking to me, but then again, I
can't stand facial hair. I wish he'd shave it.

Larc

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 13:23:3021/03/2011
para

Jack of all trades and master of none? ;)

Larc

Larc

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 13:27:4621/03/2011
para
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:57:46 -0500, "Sanna"
<sanna_onaneedt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oops! Sorry I didn't see your post before I posted the same thing. :o

Larc

Sanna

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 13:31:0121/03/2011
para

No biggie! :)

Judy Haffner

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 14:04:2421/03/2011
para

Itoshi wrote:

>I thought he got in that gloomy,
> angst-ridden rocker rut very quickly, and
> stayed there. He's still in it as far as I
> can tell.

He auditioned as a rocker, dressed like one and fit the "mold"
perfectly, and was comfortable in his zone, and looked and sounded out
of place doing other types of music that season. Yes, he still writes
and sings rock music, because that's just him, and that's what he does
best.

I recall not only was he referred to as a "one trick pony" back in
season 5, but also reference was made about him having a "deer in
headlights" look when he performed. Even if that were the case, he has
done extremely well since leaving A I., but it doesn't surprise me in
the least, as I always believed him him.

Many before and after him, can only hope they will ever be as successful
after being on the show, but I'm going to go out on a limb again, and
say Scotty IS going to go places with Country music, no matter how far
he will go in the competition this season, but only time will tell.

Judy

Judy Haffner

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 14:08:5021/03/2011
para

Sanna wrote:

>His beard is goofy looking to me, but
> then again, I can't stand facial hair.   I
> wish he'd shave it.

I agree with you, Sanna..about Casey's beard, but I also have never
liked facial hair. I remember when my oldest son grew a beard one time.
I just thought it was gross, and was glad when he shaved it, as he was a
nice looking young man. I think some use it to hide behind perhaps. It's
sort of like a hairy security blanket?!

Judy

Peter Lawrence

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 14:44:2521/03/2011
para

Except to my hear, Scotty's voice is even a bit lower than Turner's.

- Peter

A mensagem foi excluída

Judy Haffner

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 15:49:2321/03/2011
para

Itoshi wrote:

>Being a rocker doesn't make him a
> one-trick pony. Being a rocker who only
> sings gloomy, angst-ridden songs with
> the same, serious facial expression
> every time does.

Perhaps, Itoshi, but that is 'your' opinion. Whatever Chris is doing,
it's working well for him, so why change now? I think he's great just
the way he is, and obviously so do the other people that go see his
concerts and buy his music.

Judy

@gmail.com zob

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 15:52:3121/03/2011
para
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:04:24 -0800, jhaf...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
wrote:

>Itoshi wrote:
>
>>I thought he got in that gloomy,
>> angst-ridden rocker rut very quickly, and
>> stayed there. He's still in it as far as I
>> can tell.
>
>He auditioned as a rocker, dressed like one and fit the "mold"
>perfectly, and was comfortable in his zone, and looked and sounded out
>of place doing other types of music that season. Yes, he still writes
>and sings rock music, because that's just him, and that's what he does
>best.

Chris is obviously doing very well in his post-Idol music career.
During that season though, it always looked to me like he was mad all
the time. I don't ever remember him smiling!

>I recall not only was he referred to as a "one trick pony" back in
>season 5, but also reference was made about him having a "deer in
>headlights" look when he performed. Even if that were the case, he has
>done extremely well since leaving A I., but it doesn't surprise me in
>the least, as I always believed him him.
>
>Many before and after him, can only hope they will ever be as successful
>after being on the show, but I'm going to go out on a limb again, and
>say Scotty IS going to go places with Country music, no matter how far
>he will go in the competition this season, but only time will tell.
>
>Judy

---
zob

"So You Think You Can Dance" Season 6 Certainty Contest Champion

Larc

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 15:55:0921/03/2011
para

Most established recording artists are basically one-trick ponies. Their fans
know exactly what kind of music and performances they're getting when they buy a
CD and would likely raise hell if they got surprised with something altogether
different from what they expect.

Larc

A mensagem foi excluída

Peter Lawrence

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 16:29:3021/03/2011
para
On 3/21/11 12:55 PM, Larc wrote:

> Most established recording artists are basically one-trick ponies. Their fans
> know exactly what kind of music and performances they're getting when they buy a
> CD and would likely raise hell if they got surprised with something altogether
> different from what they expect.

See the Garth Brooks, Chris Gaines saga.

- Peter

A mensagem foi excluída

Larc

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 17:53:2121/03/2011
para

I had a close friend since elementary school who grew a full beard and moustache
in his late 30s, a la Santa Claus. People in his family complained about it for
years until he finally gave in and shaved it. Then they complained louder than
ever until he let it grow back. They said he didn't look like himself without
it and made him promise to never shave it off again. He never did.

Maybe Casey's family and friends like him better with than without his.

Larc

Larc

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 17:57:0621/03/2011
para
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:52:31 -0400, zob <zobva1 @ gmail.com> wrote:

| Chris is obviously doing very well in his post-Idol music career.
| During that season though, it always looked to me like he was mad all
| the time. I don't ever remember him smiling!

He looked especially mad when he was voted off. ;)

Larc

A mensagem foi excluída

surfingnoreen

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 18:16:4921/03/2011
para
On Mar 21, 12:55 pm, Larc <l...@notmyaddress.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:24:08 -0700 (PDT), surfingnoreen

I think it's fair to say that the recording industry encourages the
one-trick pony effect. I loved it when Beck broke through with the
mainstream hit "Devil's Haircut." This was the same guy who wrote
"MTV Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack." Beck was all over the place
until after his mainstream hit. Most of his newer songs sort of sound
Devil's Hair-cut-ish. I figure it's the same principle as Saw 7 --
it's what Hollywood does, tries to repeat a winning movie formula ad
nauseum.

Noreen

alia

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 19:36:5821/03/2011
para

"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:04:24 -0800, jhaf...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
> wrote:
>

>>Itoshi wrote:
>>
>>>I thought he got in that gloomy,
>>> angst-ridden rocker rut very quickly, and
>>> stayed there. He's still in it as far as I
>>> can tell.
>>
>>He auditioned as a rocker, dressed like one and fit the "mold"
>>perfectly, and was comfortable in his zone, and looked and sounded out
>>of place doing other types of music that season. Yes, he still writes
>>and sings rock music, because that's just him, and that's what he does
>>best.
>
> Being a rocker doesn't make him a one-trick pony. Being a rocker who
> only sings gloomy, angst-ridden songs with the same, serious facial
> expression every time does.

LOL, you're treading in the Judy danger zone! welcome to the club.

Alia

alia

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 19:38:5521/03/2011
para

"Peter Lawrence" <humm...@aol.com> wrote in message
I have an embarrassing confession. I love that chris gaines album, lame huh?

Alia

A mensagem foi excluída

azurespirit

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 21:32:3221/03/2011
para

"Sanna" wrote in message news:im81c...@news7.newsguy.com...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I had a feeling he looked really cute, but sort of young. Maybe it is his
attempt to give himself an edge. If Casey is still here in six weeks and
hasn't shaved, I will be shocked.....SHOCKED....I tell you!!!!

surfingnoreen

não lida,
21 de mar. de 2011, 22:52:3021/03/2011
para
> http://idol-mania.com/american-idol-fan/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Ca...
>
> - Peter

But he's still growing a beard even at the tender age of 16. Seems to
me a beard is very important to his identity. Someone should convince
him to drop the "Planet of the Apes" look but the best anyone can do
is to convince him to pare down to a metrosexual stubble beard.

Noreen

Bigolhomo

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 00:45:1422/03/2011
para
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:55:09 -0400, Larc <la...@notmyaddress.com>
wrote:

Or Clive Davis fucks them over if they try to learn a new trick.

Moni

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 00:57:2922/03/2011
para

"SLGreg" <SLG...@madeitup.com> wrote in message
> Can I play the beautiful song?! Oh please, please:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/4ovtjan
>
> Thanks
> --
> greg

Gorgeous. Am I the only person who preferred Chris Gaines?
--
Moni
To grandson #2: "How do you spell your name?

Moni

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 00:57:5022/03/2011
para

"alia" <ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

:) +1

Moni

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 01:00:5122/03/2011
para

"Itoshi" <ito...@no.spam.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:04:24 -0800, jhaf...@webtv.net (Judy Haffner)
> wrote:
>

>>Itoshi wrote:
>>
>>>I thought he got in that gloomy,
>>> angst-ridden rocker rut very quickly, and
>>> stayed there. He's still in it as far as I
>>> can tell.
>>
>>He auditioned as a rocker, dressed like one and fit the "mold"
>>perfectly, and was comfortable in his zone, and looked and sounded out
>>of place doing other types of music that season. Yes, he still writes
>>and sings rock music, because that's just him, and that's what he does
>>best.
>
> Being a rocker doesn't make him a one-trick pony. Being a rocker who
> only sings gloomy, angst-ridden songs with the same, serious facial
> expression every time does.

I still remember laughing when Chris Daughtry tried to do the "back up
singer" thing during the group song one night. He looked ridiculous in his
white suit and couldn't do the step together move without looking very
awkward. I didn't think that was a slight against him because I would have
really worried if he had done it well. :)

Moni

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 01:01:4022/03/2011
para

"Larc" <la...@notmyaddress.com> wrote in message
Oh, I remember that! He looked like he could have spit nails!

Moni

não lida,
22 de mar. de 2011, 01:02:5922/03/2011

> On 3/21/11 3:38 AM, surfingnoreen wrote:
>> On Mar 20, 11:35 pm, "azurespirit"<gkn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I still think that Casey will shave and sing a sappy ballad in a few
>>> weeks.
>>> Perhaps Scotty will glue on the shaved off hair and also do a sappy
>>> ballad.
>>> That would be fun....right?
>>
>> You think some guys would look better without a beard but then they
>> shave and you're aghast. I think Casey is one of those guys.
>
> It's usually men with little or no chins that looks better with a beard
> versus without one. And Casey definitely has a chin.
>
> Personally, I think Casey would look better without his beard. Remove his
> beard and trim his hair, and he'll look 10 years younger. Now, he looks
> like someone in his late 20's to early 30's. Clean shaven, he'll look
> like someone closer to his actual age.
>
> BTW, here's a photo of Casey where he was almost clean shaven (just at the
> very start of his beard) when he was 16-years-old:
>
> http://idol-mania.com/american-idol-fan/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Casey-Abrams-5.jpg
>

> - Peter

He looks just like one of my basses! :)

A mensagem foi excluída

Sanna

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:11:0823/03/2011
para

I don't think it's lame. I love Garth Brooks, but I think had he just
released the album under his own name it would've been much more successful.

Nancy2

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:12:5823/03/2011
para

> But he's still growing a beard even at the tender age of 16.  Seems to
> me a beard is very important to his identity.  Someone should convince
> him to drop the "Planet of the Apes" look but the best anyone can do
> is to convince him to pare down to a metrosexual stubble beard.
>
> Noreen- Hide quoted text -

Exactly. I think he's keeping the beard because he thinks it slims
down his kind of chubby face. I hate it.

N.

Sanna

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:14:2623/03/2011
para

Casey needs a makeover indeed. If he's wise, he wait until the top 5...and
if it's done right, that'll put him in the F3 for sho!

Sanna

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:15:3723/03/2011
para
Peter Lawrence wrote:
> On 3/21/11 7:48 AM, Sanna wrote:
>> surfingnoreen wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm somewhat surprised Scotty is outselling everyone else on iTunes
>>> but he does have a distinct baritone voice which has been missing
>>> on the Country scene for a few decades.
>>
>> But it hasn't been missing. Josh Turner is doing very well right
>> now with the same type voice. It's Turner's song that put Scotty
>> sang repeatedly. Perhaps the reason Scotty is doing so well is
>> because of Josh Turner's popularity.
>
> Except to my hear, Scotty's voice is even a bit lower than Turner's.

Scotty can go higher....he just chooses not to. But we've heard his higher
range and it's quite nice.

Callen

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:25:2923/03/2011
para
On Mar 23, 11:15 am, "Sanna" <sanna_onaneedtoknowbasiso...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I meant to comment on that - when they did the group song on
elimination night last week, Scotty did a great job with his part of
"Born to be Wild".

Callen in VA

Sanna

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:42:1823/03/2011
para

I think if Scotty shows off his range and starts singing more like a Tenor
at times, then he could wrap up an easy spot in the final 2.

Callen

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 11:55:4123/03/2011
para
On Mar 23, 11:42 am, "Sanna" <sanna_onaneedtoknowbasiso...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> at times, then he could wrap up an easy spot in the final 2.- Hide quoted text -

I wonder if they will have the celebrity mentors, or if the kids will
be stuck with the questionable "advice" from Jimmy Iovine. What I
mean specifically is someone who would take it seriously, and help
them not only with their singing and song choice but also with their
images. I'm thinking of Lauren's unfortunate wardrobe choices,
Casey's scruffiness (not really sexay, IMO) and Scotty's sort of yokel-
y vibe. (Please don't hurt me, Judy). Oh yeah, and the Navi tail for
James.

Callen in VA

Universe

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 12:30:5623/03/2011
para
Callen <callen...@yahoo.com> wrote in

They had a pretty impressive group of producer mentors last week. The
contestants may be getting inconsistent advice, but I don't think you can
call it bad advice from a musical perspective. Haircut/fashion-wise, I
don't give a damn.

Callen

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 12:38:4723/03/2011
para
On Mar 23, 12:30 pm, Universe <unive...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> don't give a damn.- Hide quoted text -

Impressive group of producer mentors or not, that was a pretty piss-
poor showing they put on last week.

I honestly don't care much about the haircut/fashion stuff, but isn't
that part of mentoring?

Callen in VA

A mensagem foi excluída

Bigolhomo

não lida,
23 de mar. de 2011, 12:54:5123/03/2011
para

I agree. People could have handled the stylistic shift. It was the
wig and new persona that made it so ridiculous.

0 nova mensagem