Gerald Jackson, Autumn's dad.

MariPS

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

Many of you have offered opinions on the Cosby/Jackson case. We've debated
whether or not she was his child, whether or not she should have been
convicted of extortion, and whether Cosby should have "sent her" to jail.

Here's the thing, though: This man, Gerald Jackson, claims he is Autumn's
father. Swears it. Is willing to take a blood test to prove it. Wants to
take a blood test to prove it. Has asked Autumn and her mother for the
opportunity, and has told the media he wants to take a blood test proving
his paternity.

Autumn and her mother REFUSED him!!!! WHY?!?!?!?! If they are so sure
Cosby is indeed Autumn's father, why won't they check to prove it? Gerald
Jackson didn't come out of the woodwork -- he is listed on the birth
certificate as Autumn's father! He wants to prove it, but they refuse to
let him! Again, why???

BTW, did anyone ever see a photo of Jackson? There was one in (I believe
it was) People magazine. IMO, Autumn resembles him much a great deal...

This isn't to defend Cosby, only to suggest that we look more closely at
Autumn and her mother. Their refusal to match Autumn's blood with
Jackson's speaks volumes, if you ask me.

Marion

Maggie8097

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

MaryAnn wrote:
***Yes, she does resemble him a great deal. But Cosby won't take the test
either. If he's so sure that hre;s not, why won't he take the test either?
I think both he and AJ's mother are wrong.

***Kris just posted that the AP is reporting that Cosby is having blood
drawn tonight for the DNA test. Wonder how long it will take to get the
results. Could this be why sentencing was delayed for three months, which
seems to be rather longer than usual?

Maggie

Miniya

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

>From: mar...@aol.com (MariPS)

>BTW, did anyone ever see a photo of Jackson? There was one in (I believe
>it was) People magazine. IMO, Autumn resembles him much a great deal...
>
>This isn't to defend Cosby, only to suggest that we look more closely at
>Autumn and her mother. Their refusal to match Autumn's blood with
>Jackson's speaks volumes, if you ask me.

***Yes, she does resemble him a great deal. But Cosby won't take the test

either. If he's so sure that hre;s not, why won't he take the test either?
I think both he and AJ's mother are wrong.

Though I agree that she shouldn't have tried to extort him,and now she's
going to pay for that.
Mary Ann
All illegal posts & unsolicited email is forwarded to the Nat'l Fraud
on the Internet Commission (nf...@internetMCI.com) & applicable
ISP addresses. All private 'flames' received will be posted to the
appropriate NG, along with my response.

Teresa

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

> MaryAnn wrote:
> ***Yes, she does resemble him a great deal. But Cosby won't take the test
> either. If he's so sure that hre;s not, why won't he take the test either?
> I think both he and AJ's mother are wrong.

Cosby was willing to take the blood test. IF Gerald Jackson took it (since
he WAS listed as the father on the birth certificate) and proven NOT to be
the dad. Gerald Jackson took the blood test, but Autumn Jackson refused at
the urging of her mother. Makes me wonder what Mom is afraid of.

Teresa

Kathieb1

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

In article <reecee-ya02408000...@news.magicnet.net>,
reecee@*magicnet.net* (Teresa) writes:

>Cosby was willing to take the blood test. IF Gerald Jackson took it
(since
>he WAS listed as the father on the birth certificate) and proven NOT to
be
>the dad. Gerald Jackson took the blood test, but Autumn Jackson refused
at
>the urging of her mother. Makes me wonder what Mom is afraid of.
>
>Teresa

Just to add to this...Shawn Upshaw, Autumn's mother also refused to
provide blood (all 3 persons --- father, mother, child ---- are needed for
an accurate comparison). After announcing on Rivera Live last night that
Cosby was having blood drawn at that moment for a DNA test, Jack Schmitt,
Cosby's atty, asked Robert Baum, Autumn's atty if she would agree to give
blood for the test. He hedged but said he would discuss it with his
client. John Gibson (host filling in for Rivera) then asked Shawn Upshaw
if she would give blood...she said no it wasn't likely, unless Cosby
agreed to plea for leniency for Autumn.

Now, IMHO, Shawn Upshaw and her atty were blatantly obvious in their
waffling when discussing paternity. Upshaw kept stating..."it doesn't
matter what a test would show, Autumn BELIEVED Cosby was her father." "I
have told her all these years that Bill was her father, and Bill has
treated her as his daughter." She even said, "It doesn't matter what the
tests show, he treated her as a daughter for 22 years."

It seems VERY likely to me that Shawn WANTED Bill to be Autumn's father,
TOLD Bill he was the father (he never questioned it for whatever his
reasons), and just pretended all these years that he was in fact the
father. It seemed so clear to me last night that Shawn Upshaw doesn't
want that paternity test because she KNOWS the answer...and the answer
will be Gerald Jackson...not Bill Cosby.

Kathie

"Though this may be play to you, 'Tis death to us" Robert L'Estrange

Miniya

Jul 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/29/97

>From: kath...@aol.com (Kathieb1)

> John Gibson (host filling in for Rivera) then asked Shawn Upshaw
>if she would give blood...she said no it wasn't likely, unless Cosby
>agreed to plea for leniency for Autumn.

***Seems like Upshaw is still trying to blackmail Cosby, doesn't it? If
the blood tests prove he's not the father, why should he aske for
leniency? Except maybe he'll feel sorry for Autumn for having such a
conniving, lying mother.

>Now, IMHO, Shawn Upshaw and her atty were blatantly obvious in their
>waffling when discussing paternity. Upshaw kept stating..."it doesn't
>matter what a test would show, Autumn BELIEVED Cosby was her father." "I
>have told her all these years that Bill was her father, and Bill has
>treated her as his daughter." She even said, "It doesn't matter what the
>tests show, he treated her as a daughter for 22 years."

***Upshaw is pretty delusional. *SHE* told Autumn he was her father; Cosby
always maintained that he wasn't. If it's anyone's fault that that kid
believed Cosby was her father, it's Shawn Upshaws. Cosby really didn't do
more for Autumn than he's done for many kids he's bever even met.

> It seemed so clear to me last night that Shawn Upshaw doesn't
>want that paternity test because she KNOWS the answer...and the answer
>will be Gerald Jackson...not Bill Cosby.
>
>Kathie

***Couldn't agree with you more Kathy. Nice post.

Terry Hallinan

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

reecee@*magicnet.net* (Teresa) wrote:

>> MaryAnn wrote:
>> ***Yes, she does resemble him a great deal. But Cosby won't take the test
>> either. If he's so sure that hre;s not, why won't he take the test either?
>> I think both he and AJ's mother are wrong.
>>

>Cosby was willing to take the blood test. IF Gerald Jackson took it (since

>he WAS listed as the father on the birth certificate) and proven NOT to be
>the dad. Gerald Jackson took the blood test, but Autumn Jackson refused at
>the urging of her mother. Makes me wonder what Mom is afraid of.

>Teresa

Wonder no longer.

She knows - or fears - Cosby is not the father.

Cosby is a couple of decades late in testing.

Best, Terry

"Christian - One who believes the New Testament is a divinely
inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his
neighbor" - The Devil's Dictionary

nat...@somtel.com

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

In article <19970729170...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

kath...@aol.com (Kathieb1) wrote:

> In article <reecee-ya02408000...@news.magicnet.net>,
> reecee@*magicnet.net* (Teresa) writes:
>

> >Cosby was willing to take the blood test. IF Gerald Jackson took it
> (since
> >he WAS listed as the father on the birth certificate) and proven NOT to
> be
> >the dad. Gerald Jackson took the blood test, but Autumn Jackson refused
> at
> >the urging of her mother. Makes me wonder what Mom is afraid of.
> >
> >Teresa
>
> Just to add to this...Shawn Upshaw, Autumn's mother also refused to
> provide blood (all 3 persons --- father, mother, child ---- are needed for
> an accurate comparison). After announcing on Rivera Live last night that
> Cosby was having blood drawn at that moment for a DNA test, Jack Schmitt,
> Cosby's atty, asked Robert Baum, Autumn's atty if she would agree to give
> blood for the test. He hedged but said he would discuss it with his
> client. John Gibson (host filling in for Rivera) then asked Shawn Upshaw

> if she would give blood...she said no it wasn't likely, unless Cosby
> agreed to plea for leniency for Autumn.
>
> Now, IMHO, Shawn Upshaw and her atty were blatantly obvious in their
> waffling when discussing paternity. Upshaw kept stating..."it doesn't
> matter what a test would show, Autumn BELIEVED Cosby was her father." "I
> have told her all these years that Bill was her father, and Bill has
> treated her as his daughter." She even said, "It doesn't matter what the
> tests show, he treated her as a daughter for 22 years."
>
> It seems VERY likely to me that Shawn WANTED Bill to be Autumn's father,
> TOLD Bill he was the father (he never questioned it for whatever his
> reasons), and just pretended all these years that he was in fact the
> father. It seemed so clear to me last night that Shawn Upshaw doesn't

> want that paternity test because she KNOWS the answer...and the answer
> will be Gerald Jackson...not Bill Cosby.
>
> Kathie

The issue is what did Autumn Jackson believe and how much of that belief
was Bill responsible for. Apparently, he had alot to do with this
situation coming about to begin with and dealing with the effect, this
messed up young women, which he helped to create by his actions, by
turning her over to the judicial system and being put away is a lousy
thing to do.

The court was right about one thing. Whether or not Bill Cosby is the
father is irrelevent. If he is the father, that only makes him a bigger
jerk. What Autumn Jackson believed and why she did what she did is not
irrelevent. What Bill Cosby did, and how he dealt with it is not
irrelevent either. I personaly view it as being as bad as any parent
taking part in sending their child off to prison, instead of trying to
help them in another way.

Jim

Teresa

Jul 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/31/97

In article <5rmdv1$e...@ns2.borg.com>, hall...@borg.com wrote:

> >Cosby was willing to take the blood test. IF Gerald Jackson took it (since
> >he WAS listed as the father on the birth certificate) and proven NOT to be
> >the dad. Gerald Jackson took the blood test, but Autumn Jackson refused at
> >the urging of her mother. Makes me wonder what Mom is afraid of.
>
> >Teresa
>

> Wonder no longer.
>
> She knows - or fears - Cosby is not the father.
>
> Cosby is a couple of decades late in testing.
>
> Best, Terry

At last we agree. Yes, I believe she is afraid that he is not the father
and I also agree that he IS a couple of decades late in testing. I would
think that he would have WANTED to be tested way back when presented with
"his daughter." Maybe he figured it was "safer" to just pay her child
support quietly than to risk being found out. I'm guessing that 20
something years ago getting a paternity test wasn't as simple as it is
today.

Peace,
Teresa

DeeTigress

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

I think the mother always knew Cosby was not the dad, but probably did
fill her daughter's head with that crap to ensure her complicity while mom
wrung $$$$ out of Cosby all those years.

Terry Hallinan

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

deeti...@aol.com (DeeTigress) wrote:

I don't think you have any reason to believe any such thing.
Considering Shawn Upshaw's chosen profession she might know in spite
of a multiploity of partners. Certainly Cosby wasn't willing to take
a chance.

All we know is that Cosby paid blackmail for more than 2 decades and
put the woman who he thought might be his daughter in jail because she
wanted to call him Dad.

Autumn isn't much but she has a rotten "father figure" and I don't
mean the pimp who now has decided to claim her while cutting her
throat. Think Cosby is paying him too?

Stephen Pace

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

The facts show that Autumn's mother was never eager for a paternity
test. As long as there was doubt on BC's part, the money was there. I
too am very suspicious of a mother who attributes paternity to one man,
names another on the birth certificate, and is reluctant to obtain the
conclusive proof. Also, 20-something years ago, paternity tests weren't
as conclusive as they are now.

One giant reason I can think of why Mama and Autumn don't want the
paternity test results at this point is because Autumn's sentencing
hearing is coming up, and the length of sentence might be different if
it's known for certain that BC ISN"T her biological father.

lukn...@mindspring.com

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

Terry wrote;

> All we know is that Cosby paid blackmail for more than 2 decades and
> put the woman who he thought might be his daughter in jail because she
> wanted to call him Dad.

Why are we so reluctant to call a spade a spade?

Jackson was convicted in court not because she wanted to call Cosby Dad,
but because she wanted forty million of his dollars and was willing to
resort to extortion to get it.

Luknhard

hall...@borg.com

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <33E33D...@mindspring.com>,

lukn...@mindspring.com wrote:

> Terry wrote;
>
> > All we know is that Cosby paid blackmail for more than 2 decades and
> > put the woman who he thought might be his daughter in jail because she
> > wanted to call him Dad.
>
> Why are we so reluctant to call a spade a spade?

I refuse to touch that.

> Jackson was convicted in court not because she wanted to call Cosby Dad,
> but because she wanted forty million of his dollars and was willing to
> resort to extortion to get it.
>
> Luknhard

There is unlkely to be a person in this group who would not like to have
$40 million dollars of Cosby's money.

"If Autumn Jackson is guilty of extortion so is every divorce lawyer in
the country" - Roy Black

Linda and Cliff Griffith

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In <8705895...@dejanews.com> hall...@borg.com writes:
>There is unlkely to be a person in this group who would not like to
have
>$40 million dollars of Cosby's money.

I don't want $40 million of Cosby's money. I'm not entitled to it, and
neither was Autumn.

Words from the Monastery

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <19970729040...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, mar...@aol.com
says...

>Many of you have offered opinions on the Cosby/Jackson case. We've debated
>whether or not she was his child, whether or not she should have been
>convicted of extortion, and whether Cosby should have "sent her" to jail.

Cosby can send no one to jail period.

>Autumn and her mother REFUSED him!!!! WHY?!?!?!?! If they are so sure
>Cosby is indeed Autumn's father, why won't they check to prove it? Gerald
>Jackson didn't come out of the woodwork -- he is listed on the birth
>certificate as Autumn's father! He wants to prove it, but they refuse to
>let him! Again, why???

Cause they know it's him.

>This isn't to defend Cosby, only to suggest that we look more closely at
>Autumn and her mother. Their refusal to match Autumn's blood with
>Jackson's speaks volumes, if you ask me.

Cosby doesn't need any defence ... he didn't do anything wrong in a societal
sense. He hasn't been preaching that it's a sin to have an affair or anything
like that, so he isn't even a hypocrite ... his affair is between him, his
wife, and the woman he had the affair with ... nobody else.

Martha Sprowles

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

Words from the Monastery wrote:

<snip>

> Cosby doesn't need any defence ... he didn't do anything wrong in a societal
> sense.

He *didn't*?

He hasn't been preaching that it's a sin to have an affair or anything
> like that, so he isn't even a hypocrite ... his affair is between him, his
> wife, and the woman he had the affair with ... nobody else.

Well, them and Jello. The reason Cosby refused to have a blood test way
back then was that he didn't want anyone to know that he was even
*suspected* of fathering a child out of wedlock. And why was that
important? I hear an earnest little voice asking from the back of the
room. Money. Lots of money. Cosby apparently felt (I suspect
correctly) that a wholesome product like Jello pudding being flogged by
some kind of roué would not sell much cornstarch. Plus, I believe there
is an underlying concern about a racist backlash to the news that such
an upstanding, GOOD person is just another irresponsible black man who
can't keep it in his pants, sowing his seed hither and yon without
benefit of matrimony.

FLAMEGUARD: The above does not represent my sentiments about black men.
It represents my projection of what a racist society might make of a
successful black man's turning out to have feet of clay.

It is not right, but it is unfortunately true that black men, especially
successful, high-profile black men, are often held to a greater standard
of morality than are white men in similar circumstances.

Martha Sprowles

PattyC4303

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

>> Why are we so reluctant to call a spade a spade?
>
>I refuse to touch that.

Don't let Fernando see this one...

PattyC (who honestly believes Lunk meant it in a harmless way...)

Teresa

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

In article <5rv5o7$9...@ns2.borg.com>, hall...@borg.com wrote:

> All we know is that Cosby paid blackmail for more than 2 decades and
> put the woman who he thought might be his daughter in jail because she
> wanted to call him Dad.

How in the world did you come up with that? Cosby put her in jail because
she wanted to call him dad?????? Come on, even you can come up with
something better than that. That's even to stupid to argue.
Teresa

Teresa

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

> How in the world did you come up with that? Cosby put her in jail because
> she wanted to call him dad?????? Come on, even you can come up with
> something better than that. That's even to stupid to argue.
> Teresa

I know, I know....too stupid to argue, not to stupid to argue.

DeeTigress

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

>The reason Cosby refused to have a blood test way
>back then was that he didn't want anyone to know that he was even
>*suspected* of fathering a child out of wedlock.

Testing back when Autumn was born was a hit or miss affair, based strictly
on blood type, more likely to wrongly target a man than exonerate him.
What was the point? We have to remember paternity testing as we know it
now - accurate - wasn't around in the 70's. If Autumn has a very common
bloodtype, like O positive, half of North America could have fathered her
according to the testing available back then.

hall...@borg.com

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

In article <5s1e6a$f...@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>,

grif...@ix.netcom.com(Linda and Cliff Griffith) wrote:

> In <8705895...@dejanews.com> hall...@borg.com writes:
> >There is unlkely to be a person in this group who would not like to
> have
> >$40 million dollars of Cosby's money.
>
> I don't want $40 million of Cosby's money.

That's nice. I have never heard of anyone turning down great wealth even
if they chose only to give it away. I would hope you wouldn't spit in
his face if he offered it.

>I'm not entitled to it,

That has nothing whatever to do with money.

>and neither was Autumn.

Autumn was entitled to have a father, to know of her origins. This is
not a case about money. People refuse to look at the obvious.

Martha Sprowles

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

Yes, but what percentage of half of North America had had sex with her
mother during the time she was conceived? Cosby has never denied his
"interlude" with Shawn.

DeeTigress

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

>Yes, but what percentage of half of North America had had sex with her
>mother during the time she was conceived? Cosby has never denied his
>"interlude" with Shawn.

God only knows...

Would one of you demographers help us out here? What was the average
number of sex partners for a typical lying, blackmailing adulteress in
North America during the promiscuous 70's?

Kathieb1

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

In article <19970804174...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
deeti...@aol.com (DeeTigress) writes:

>God only knows...
>
>Would one of you demographers help us out here? What was the average
>number of sex partners for a typical lying, blackmailing adulteress in
>North America during the promiscuous 70's?

Dee,
You forgot to add prostitute...

pamela....@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2018, 7:58:28 PM4/27/18
Autumn's last name was Thompson until middle School. In middle School she said she wanted to have her dad's last name and it was changed to Jackson.