97 ranger gas tank

pjames01

Jan 5, 2002, 11:11:34 PM1/5/02
How hard is it to change out the gas tank on a 97 Ford Ranger? Usually the
lines on top are so short it is pretty difficult...does the bed have to come
off to do it right? Any shortcuts?

CJB

Jan 5, 2002, 2:02:40 PM1/5/02
There's no way I'd take off a bed to change a gas tank.

CJB

"pjames01" <pjam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Ashley Roachclip

Jan 5, 2002, 9:44:15 PM1/5/02
I will next time... maybe not on a 97, shouldn't be rusted to @#$% yet...

"CJB" <belle...@citynet.net> wrote in message

pjames01

Jan 6, 2002, 9:23:16 PM1/6/02
U would take the bed off next time? The tank is plastic but it lost the
battle with a BIG rock....the front end is has a mighty big hole....
Ashley Roachclip <cheech-...@up.in.smoke.com> wrote in message

Ashley Roachclip

Jan 6, 2002, 11:46:04 AM1/6/02
my 86 ranger was rusted to the frame and so were the straps (metal tank)...
i drilled a big hole in the bed to get to the bolts. the bed isn't that hard
to remove...

"pjames01" <pjam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Syphers

Jan 6, 2002, 8:22:47 PM1/6/02
all you have to do to take the bed off is,do you see the starbit bolts on
the inside of your bed?you just take those out and the bed comes right
off.To drop the gas tank,you don't have to take the bed off,just get
yourself a socket set and get those bolts outta there,in the worst case,cut
the straps and buy new ones or goto a junk yard and get some.

Syphers