Door entry code

Ripcord

Oct 6, 2008, 10:12:44 AM10/6/08
I bought a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Can anyone tell me where the door
keypad code is located?

Jim Rusling

Oct 6, 2008, 12:12:21 PM10/6/08
"Ripcord" <k...@beth.net> wrote:

>I bought a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Can anyone tell me where the door
>keypad code is located?

It is normally in the owners manual. I am not sure about the 2003's,
but I think that it was printed on a separate card that was placed in
the owners manual. For a fee the Ford dealer can access the security
computer and tell you what it is.
--
Jim Rusling
More or Less Retired

marlin...@verizon.net

Oct 6, 2008, 8:40:14 PM10/6/08
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:12:21 -0500, Jim Rusling <use...@rusling.org>
wrote:

>"Ripcord" <k...@beth.net> wrote:
>
>>I bought a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Can anyone tell me where the door
>>keypad code is located?
>>
>It is normally in the owners manual. I am not sure about the 2003's,
>but I think that it was printed on a separate card that was placed in
>the owners manual. For a fee the Ford dealer can access the security
>computer and tell you what it is.

Not sure where the security module is on the Explorer, but there
should be a sticker on it with the number. If it was purchased from a
dealer, they should get you the number for free.

SC Tom

Oct 6, 2008, 9:05:40 PM10/6/08

"Ripcord" <k...@beth.net> wrote in message

>I bought a 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Can anyone tell me where the door
>keypad code is located?

1-"Down under the steering wheel on the under-side of the dash, there ought
to be a black strip of metal. On that should be the key-code and/or the
keyless entry code.
The keyless entry code is for the keypad most likley, but to make sure you
can drive into your Ford Dealer and ask them to give you the PIN number if
this code doesn't work by running your VIN. Don't let them charge you for it
either, some shops can be real jerks about just helping a guy out."

2-"I have an '01 (other threads have suggested they eliminated this practice
in later models, but it's worth a check!), and I found it on the computer
module located behind the plasic wall behind the rear seats, between the two
tiny access panels where your tire jack is. It was on a sticker on the lower
right section of the computer module, 5 digits. Tough to get to, but I read
it without a mirror."

3-"Confirmed for my 2004 Ford Sport Trac. The code is on the computer module
which is just BARELY visible by removing the defrost cover/grill under the
windshield. It is only secured by snap on clips, so just pry it up slowly. I
looked through the windshield on the passenger side, just above the airbag.
The module is a pale yellowish and up under the dash a few inches is a
label/tag. On the right side of the label there is a 5 digit number (I heard
all were odd numbers, which mine were). You will likely need a flashlight.
Good luck. Don't pay those thieves at the dealership 100$ for 5 minutes of
work!"

Found these three locations on Google in about 10 seconds. Since the replies
here are kinda scarce, could be another resource LOL ;)

SC Tom

ronb...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2014, 1:32:08 AM9/19/14
My 03 was viewable through the front passenger windshield after i removed the defrost trim. Needed a flashlight to illuminate it, but it was there.