(ZMFTS!) G1 Scourge With Autobot Matrix of Leadership Kitbash! (He's Mutated and Lumpy!)

Zobovor

Apr 8, 2014, 1:03:17 AM4/8/14
Over the years there have been a number of really cool project ideas that I've always been meaning to get to. Usually, the only thing that stops me is a lack of free time, sometimes coupled with the vague sense that I don't really have the skills to pull it off. Well, I've painted over 500 toys and I figure I've practiced enough that I should be able to tackle the really ambitious projects now. I feel sometimes like certain projects deserve to be born into this world and that it's my duty to make sure that it happens. The world needs to have at least one mutated Scourge in it. And now there is.

http://www.zmfts.t15.org/scourge_matrix_kitbash.html

So, a few years ago I did a straight repaint of Scourge, giving him his cartoon colors (and also modifying the toy, in functionality but not appearance, so he could poke his head up in vehicle mode). I knew it would be a while before I was ready to paint another Scourge, especially since this time I was going to take it to the next level with the Matrix mutation.

It was really important to me that the finished toy still had to be able to transform. I could have probably done some even more outrageous things to him if I wasn't worried about his parts fitting together, but Scourge did actually transform in the episode, so his toy needed to be able to still do it, too.

One of the things that helped complete this project were some custom stickers from reprolabels.com. I drew them by hand and Delta Star printed them up on metallic stock, and the end result was a set of twisted, warped stickers that I happily applied to my twisted, warped version of Scourge. (If you tell me you have never ordered from reprolabels.com I am going to look at you very strangely. That's like never buying anything on eBay. Or not owning a pair of socks. As far as I'm concerned, it's just something you do.)

Oh, and since we're all here, I also recently did a TMNT action figure of Shredder in a business suit:

http://www.zmfts.t15.org/shredder_business_suit_kitbash.html

Zob

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Apr 10, 2014, 2:02:14 AM4/10/14
On Monday, April 7, 2014 10:03:17 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> Over the years there have been a number of really cool project ideas that I've always been meaning to get to. Usually, the only thing that stops me is a lack of free time, sometimes coupled with the vague sense that I don't really have the skills to pull it off. Well, I've painted over 500 toys and I figure I've practiced enough that I should be able to tackle the really ambitious projects now. I feel sometimes like certain projects deserve to be born into this world and that it's my duty to make sure that it happens. The world needs to have at least one mutated Scourge in it. And now there is.
>
> http://www.zmfts.t15.org/scourge_matrix_kitbash.html

Beautiful.

> One of the things that helped complete this project were some custom stickers from reprolabels.com. I drew them by hand and Delta Star printed them up on metallic stock, and the end result was a set of twisted, warped stickers that I happily applied to my twisted, warped version of Scourge. (If you tell me you have never ordered from reprolabels.com I am going to look at you very strangely. That's like never buying anything on eBay. Or not owning a pair of socks. As far as I'm concerned, it's just something you do.)

I never ordered anything from them.

I think I contacted them a few years ago about doing custom stickers for my Nebula PowerMaster Prime to make him into PowerMaster Scourge, but they weren't doing custom sets at the time.

And I probably would have wanted to swap parts with a plain Powermaster Optimus to get the grey silver trailer for Scourge. Which probably would have left me with a G2 Powermaster Optimus with the mostly black trailer... Or I could have painted the trailer silver.

But, alas, now I have no idea where NebulaQuest Powermaster Optimus is. Somewhere in this house, probably.

> Oh, and since we're all here, I also recently did a TMNT action figure of Shredder in a business suit:
>
> http://www.zmfts.t15.org/shredder_business_suit_kitbash.html

That's weird, but apparently authentic.

Zobovor

Apr 10, 2014, 5:54:05 PM4/10/14
On Monday, April 7, 2014 11:03:17 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> The world needs to have at least one mutated Scourge in it. And now there is.

Evidently FreeHostingNoAds.net suspended my site. They did this once last year because of an "abuse check script fail" so I'm guessing it's the same problem this time. So, for those of you who can't access the site, there's a reason.

Zob

Shin Hibiki

Apr 11, 2014, 12:41:19 AM4/11/14
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>Evidently FreeHostingNoAds.net suspended my site. They did this once last year because of an "abuse check script fail" so I'm guessing it's the same problem this time. So, for those of you who can't access the site, there's a reason.

Yep, just had that problem. I eagerly await the site's
return!

- Shin Hibiki

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun
They thought they had it won, baby
But soon we'll have 'em on the run

Zobovor

Apr 11, 2014, 9:13:00 AM4/11/14
On Thursday, April 10, 2014 10:41:19 PM UTC-6, Shin Hibiki wrote:

> Yep, just had that problem. I eagerly await the site's return!

It's back up and running. Sometimes I think they do this periodically just to clean house, and they only restore the sites of people who actually take the time to ask. Shrug. Well, free web space is free web space.

Zob

Chad Rushing

Apr 12, 2014, 12:55:28 AM4/12/14
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 12:03:17 AM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> The world needs to have at least one mutated Scourge in it. And now there is.
>
> http://www.zmfts.t15.org/scourge_matrix_kitbash.html

Looks great! I tip my hat to your superlative kitbashing skills.

- Chad

Zobovor

Apr 12, 2014, 7:49:23 PM4/12/14
On Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:02:14 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> I never ordered anything from them.

You're one of those people who hates applying stickers anyway, though, right?

> And I probably would have wanted to swap parts with a plain Powermaster
> Optimus to get the grey silver trailer for Scourge.

I have, like, three extra Powermaster Optimus Prime toys. If you decide you need one, let me know.

> Which probably would have left me with a G2 Powermaster Optimus

That does not compute. To me, G2 Powermasters are Meanstreak, Bulletbike, Staxx...

Zob

David Connell

Apr 19, 2014, 10:14:29 AM4/19/14
Back in the day this episode was probably nightmare fuel for some kids. It's a little freaky to see it realized in 3d, especially so effectively.

Excellent job!