Suddenly.... Seige on ebay

banzait...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 10:25:35 PM1/12/18
I notice that there is a surge of KO Chinese Siege in Cybertron sets. Some guy sold over 25 alone. They sell for a deep discount, around $115, especially considering many come with free (or essentially free $5) shipping from China! It’s a bit scary what they can bootleg now days. Makes you wonder if any product is really ever safe from fraud.

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

Jan 13, 2018, 12:10:43 PM1/13/18
I wonder what the quality is like. If they're anything like the fake Masterpiece toys, the fakes are probably almost indistinguishable. (For the record, the only Masterpiece I have in both real and fake flavors is Bluestreak, and aside from the quality of the face sculpt there's almost no difference between them.)

Somebody must have noticed that the set was in high demand (well, except for Tidal Wave and Metalhawk, who everybody seems to be selling off separately... never could unload mine) and realized they could turn a tidy profit. The number of official sets must have been very limited compared to the number of people who wanted to own one. I wonder if other limited toys like Arcee or Grotusque could be next.

Zob (in the country of the blind, the man who sells glass eyes is king)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Jan 13, 2018, 1:43:18 PM1/13/18
I almost want the Tidal wave, if it weren't for the stickers.

Travoltron

Jan 14, 2018, 6:56:05 PM1/14/18
Slightly interested in Metalhawk... how cheap is he going for?

Zobovor

Jan 14, 2018, 7:04:00 PM1/14/18
On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 4:56:05 PM UTC-7, Travoltron wrote:

> Slightly interested in Metalhawk... how cheap is he going for?

I ended up giving him to my son. Sorry!

Zob (seriously, not even a nibble on eBay)

Travoltron

Jan 14, 2018, 10:27:02 PM1/14/18
Well check out this play pattern this Japanese guy demonstrated with
that Metalhawk toy and the POTP Vector Prime.

https://youtu.be/-9QsMEvYGMw?t=6m11s

You can sort of play the Masterforce cartoon version of the Pretenders
this way, with the tiny human mode and the giant robot/vehicle mode.

David Connell

Jan 15, 2018, 2:44:32 PM1/15/18
Yup. Vector Prime got kicked out of the Metalhawk suit, now worn by Professor Go when he isn't piloting Metalhawk or forming his head. And VP is now Hawk's Powermaster, since MH can fit a Titan/Prime Master in his tummy in robot mode.

Gotta love PowerHeadTargetmaster Metalhawk with Pretender shell!