megatronia looks great

Gustavo Wombat

Aug 24, 2016, 5:05:04 AM8/24/16

http://tformers.com/unite-warriors-uw-ex-megatronia-takaratomys-victorion-revealed/29955/news.html

The black bodies with accent colors really makes the combined form tie
together well. I'm not sure I want another Victorion, but this is a great,
simple, color scheme.

Zobovor

Aug 24, 2016, 6:30:24 PM8/24/16
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 3:05:04 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> The black bodies with accent colors really makes the combined form tie
> together well. I'm not sure I want another Victorion, but this is a great,
> simple, color scheme.

Definitely more attractive than the Christmas-colored version.

Zob (not buying this one either, but still)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 24, 2016, 7:59:30 PM8/24/16
Flowspade's face looks a bit like a Nightbird homage

No One In Particular

Aug 24, 2016, 10:50:49 PM8/24/16
If it was released at US retail price, I might go for it. But I don't
need it bad enough to pay import prices.

Ramen Junkie

Aug 25, 2016, 1:31:00 PM8/25/16
On 8/24/2016 4:05 AM, Gustavo Wombat wrote:

I really love that black base color across the limbs.

--
Ramen Junkie

Supreme Dictator for Life, alt.games.final-fantasy

banzait...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2016, 9:33:49 PM8/25/16
Are you guys REALLY considering yet another version of these molds???? Really??? Seriously, when does it stop?

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

Aug 25, 2016, 10:24:04 PM8/25/16
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:33:49 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Are you guys REALLY considering yet another version of these molds????
> Really??? Seriously, when does it stop?

It never ends! </furman>

Seriously, though, I find myself largely in agreement. I can't even be bothered to pick up either version of Computron. They don't really feel like a must-have set... just another re-use of toys I own already (I guess Takara Strafe isn't, since he's a reuse of Takara Blast Off which I also don't own, but still).

Yeah, I've pretty much moved on from Combiner Wars by this point. Titans Return is a lot more exciting... and it all feels new and fresh because we're not being hammered over the head with redeco after redeco. That part will come later, of course, with Astrotrain and Getaway and Brainstorm.

Zob (and I have my suspicions that Skullsmasher might be reused to make Grotusque)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 25, 2016, 10:46:13 PM8/25/16
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 9:24:04 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 7:33:49 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Are you guys REALLY considering yet another version of these molds????
> > Really??? Seriously, when does it stop?
>
> It never ends! </furman>
>
> Seriously, though, I find myself largely in agreement. I can't even be bothered to pick up either version of Computron. They don't really feel like a must-have set... just another re-use of toys I own already (I guess Takara Strafe isn't, since he's a reuse of Takara Blast Off which I also don't own, but still).

I'm not buying it. I don't have any need for the one it's a repaint of. O got 2.7 Combiner Wars combiners and I'm done.

It'll take more than pretty colors to get into y wallet these days.

> Yeah, I've pretty much moved on from Combiner Wars by this point. Titans Return is a lot more exciting... and it all feels new and fresh because we're not being hammered over the head with redeco after redeco. That part will come later, of course, with Astrotrain and Getaway and Brainstorm.
>

> Zob (and I have my suspicions that Skullsmasher might be reused to make Grotusque)

Who is Getaway a redeco of?

Zobovor

Aug 26, 2016, 6:43:24 PM8/26/16
On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 8:46:13 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> Who is Getaway a redeco of?

Chromedome, as I understand it.

Zob (same wonky elbows, too)

William A. Rendfeld

Aug 26, 2016, 9:32:28 PM8/26/16
Seems like I'm the only one in this thread biting the bullet on Megatronia. I happened to like Victorion, and given these figures are all new characters, I can justify buying.

And for the record? I'm getting both Computrons and mixing and matching for my ideal one.

Gustavo Wombat

Aug 27, 2016, 5:21:54 AM8/27/16
Definitely considering her/them. It's a really, really great color scheme,
and new characters. The only reason I hesitate might be that I'm not sure
what to make of Victorion -- its implausible that the Autobots and
Decepticons would each have a female combiner team, that are exact redecos
of each other.

I'm not loving Titans Returns as much as some people, and I'm not quite
ready to say goodbye to Combiner Wars when they are putting out new
characters.

I will also pick up a Computron.

And they could probably get me to buy a faux G2 Computron if they did
something neat with it (somehow I am expecting modern camouflage, of
assorted varieties -- sea, desert, urban, jungle and Arctic, so there's
always one camouflaged? And intense neon green handfootguns)

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

Ramen Junkie

Aug 27, 2016, 9:59:12 AM8/27/16
So far I've only gotten the actual original combiner versions, Superion,
Defensor, Menasaur, and Bruticus. I'll get Computron too. I guess I'm
not as fatigued on the molds yet as others.

Zobovor

Aug 27, 2016, 11:08:04 AM8/27/16
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 7:32:28 PM UTC-6, William A. Rendfeld wrote:

> And for the record? I'm getting both Computrons and mixing and matching for my
> ideal one.

Out of curiosity, what would an ideal Computron consist of for you? Based on photos I've seen, I think I prefer each of the Takara versions of the Technobots in every instance.

Zob (especially Lightspeed)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 28, 2016, 8:37:15 PM8/28/16
On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 4:05:04 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
someone translated the bios

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/translated-bios-for-members-of-unite-warriors-ex-megatronia/36185/