Barricade's Coming Back for Transformers 5

Zobovor

Jun 12, 2016, 4:50:32 PM6/12/16
According to this, anyway:

http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-last-knight-image-barricade/

Apparently death means absolutely nothing in the Transformers films. Kill off Blackout? Bring him back accidentally? No problem, just give him the name Grindor and pretend he's a new character. Kill off Bonecrusher but want to continue using the character? Stick him in there as a background character in the sequel and hope nobody cares (because Transformers fans generally don't notice small details).

He was arguably the most interesting Decepticon from the first movie, inasmuch as he was the only bad-guy troop who didn't just show up, growl, and then die. He had potential, but it was totally squandered. I liked him because of what he might have been capable of, not what he actually did on screen. Am I supposed to be excited that he's returning?

You know what would REALLY excite me? If the movies suddenly got really good and really compelling, instead of just being a vehicle to sell hypercomplicated robot toys to kids who can't tell any the on-screen robots apart if they're not Bumblebee-yellow.

Age of Extinction made something like $1.1 billion at the box office worldwide, and I imagine a huge chunk of that was the international appeal of the film, what with two-thirds of the movie taking place in China. They're going to keep churning these movies out as long as they're profitable. Wait, scratch that. They're going to keep making them until one of them (or two of them!) underperforms badly enough for them to pull the plug.

I recognize this is a huge revenue-maker for Hasbro, and it's the movies that have helped fund things like the Generations toys, Combiner Wars, Masterpiece toys, etc. so I'm fine with that. And, really, Hasbro's been very good to the Geewun fans in the last year, despite the tendency in years past to treat the non-movie toys as a back-burner, filler toy line that only exists to fill the gap between movie toy lines. I will probably continue to buy the damn movie toys, too, despite my great distaste for most movie toy lines (I have not bought any Ninja Turtles movie toys or Force Awakens toys).

Zob (wait... I do have a BB-8 plush toy, but still)

banzait...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 10:40:25 PM6/13/16
I am not ready for another Transfomers Bay Movie crapfest, it's completely exhausting. There are all the previews, toys, hype, texts from my friends who know I live and breathe transformers, more texts from me to the same people explaining why I am not excited about the movie coming out, and then of course, having to sit through a 3 hour CGI barf with bad acting and 5th grade humor.
Sadly, I don't see it ending in the next ten years...

-Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat

Jun 14, 2016, 3:42:22 AM6/14/16
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
> According to this, anyway:
>
> http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-last-knight-image-barricade/
>
> Apparently death means absolutely nothing in the Transformers films.
> Kill off Blackout? Bring him back accidentally? No problem, just give
> him the name Grindor and pretend he's a new character. Kill off
> Bonecrusher but want to continue using the character? Stick him in there
> as a background character in the sequel and hope nobody cares (because
> Transformers fans generally don't notice small details).

I didn't notice Bonecrusher...

> He was arguably the most interesting Decepticon from the first movie,
> inasmuch as he was the only bad-guy troop who didn't just show up, growl,
> and then die. He had potential, but it was totally squandered. I liked
> him because of what he might have been capable of, not what he actually
> did on screen. Am I supposed to be excited that he's returning?

He died in Dark Of The Moon, too, right?

He's my favorite of the Decepticons from the movies, and captures something
about the complicated relationship we have with the police these days.
Anyway, with so much suck, I'm glad they are bringing back one of the
characters I liked. Maybe he will improve things by the slaughtering the
Marky Mark family in the opening scene.

> Age of Extinction made something like $1.1 billion at the box office
> worldwide, and I imagine a huge chunk of that was the international
> appeal of the film, what with two-thirds of the movie taking place in
> China. They're going to keep churning these movies out as long as
> they're profitable. Wait, scratch that. They're going to keep making
> them until one of them (or two of them!) underperforms badly enough for
> them to pull the plug.

Transformers 14: Age of Consent.

Age of Extinction was so terrible. I liked RoTF, and I thought AoE was bad.

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 14, 2016, 4:44:38 PM6/14/16
Don't care. Movie is gonna suck anyway. Gonna download a
crappy cam torrent, just like I did with Age of Extinction.

Just like I did with TMNT: Out of the Shadows as well.

...Because middle finger to Michael Bay.