Transformers vs Visionaries

banzait...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2018, 9:58:17 PM1/5/18
Is anyone here reading this series? I had 2 of the toys growing up, and also bought a few of the comics. In 1987, there was virtually nothing that could tear away funds from my paltry transformers spending money, so I never really got into the toys. I always liked them though. When I heard about this comic about six months ago, I was intrigued.
I went to my local comic shop and bought the first issue. I am pretty excited about the story line. The art is excellent as well, although I don’t really like the style. They seem to give the transformers silly, TF animated facial expressions. Other than that, it’s pretty solid. I won’t give any spoilers away, but suffice it to say that the first comic ends in a seismic fashion, with some on the interwebs up in arms.
Anyways, curious who if anyone is reading this series, and if so what you think so far!

-Banzaitron

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Jan 5, 2018, 11:51:30 PM1/5/18
I think I had 3 visionaries when I was a kid, and my brother had 3. I managed to retain most of the parts to the toys until I sold them about fifteen years ago.

William A. Rendfeld

Jan 6, 2018, 12:06:12 PM1/6/18
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 9:58:17 PM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is anyone here reading this series? I had 2 of the toys growing up, and also bought a few of the comics. In 1987, there was virtually nothing that could tear away funds from my paltry transformers spending money, so I never really got into the toys. I always liked them though. When I heard about this comic about six months ago, I was intrigued.

I was still a little baby when the original toys released, but I was curious when I heard about this series.

I'm liking what I'm reading so far, though I'm a little annoyed at the ending, particularly considering it appears to have been forced upon the writer by editorial for the sake of drama.

banzait...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2018, 12:16:08 PM1/6/18
I agree. I am not 100% on the forced by the editorial staff thing. I heard that as a hypothesis, but haven't seen anything confirming it. Perhaps you did? I guess, either way, it got people talking, including me and you. Sigh.

-Banzaitron

William A. Rendfeld

Jan 8, 2018, 11:10:34 AM1/8/18
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:16:08 PM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> I agree. I am not 100% on the forced by the editorial staff thing. I heard that as a hypothesis, but haven't seen anything confirming it. Perhaps you did? I guess, either way, it got people talking, including me and you. Sigh.
>
> -Banzaitron

The writer confirmed it on Twitter.

banzait...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 7:56:18 PM1/12/18
I can't believe no one on ATT is reading this series. That's it, I am moving over to the message boards with images, emoticons, and.. uh, ok, never mind. I'm staying.
They recently announced the series sold so well the first issue is going into second printing. Just sayin', if someone wants to grab a copy and follow along on ATT... THERE IS STILL TIME!!!!!

-Banzaitron

Zobovor

Jan 12, 2018, 9:24:28 PM1/12/18
On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 5:56:18 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> I can't believe no one on ATT is reading this series.

Goes back to what I was saying earlier. I've barely got time to write my own stories, let alone read other people's!

Zob (on my fifth novel)