Masterpiece Optimus Prime 3.0 Full Reveal

Zobovor

Jun 13, 2018, 6:57:15 PM6/13/18
We previously got a teaser sneak-peek at the upcoming third version of Masterpiece Optimus Prime, but the toy got a full reveal (in greyscale, naturally) at Tokyo Toy Show this past weekend:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-reveals-transformers-masterpiece-optimus-prime-30-at-tokyo-toy-show-2018/41380/

I actually prefer the MP-10 version, honestly. It's not as slavishly cartoon-accurate, but it's a fantastic toy and I have no serious complaints about it. I get that it's the 35th anniversary and they feel like they have to do something special, and Optimus Prime is the most iconic Transformers character there is, but... meh. He just doesn't excite me.

And what's especially sad is that this third party version of Optimus Prime by Magic Cube is arguably MORE authentic to the proportions and dimensions of the cartoon model:

https://tformers.com/magic-square-ms-01-prototype-reveals-another-unofficial-masterpiece-style-optimus-prime/33727/news.html

If I were to get only one of those toys, and cost wasn't a major consideration, I'd probably get the third party version. Because cartoon.

Zob (not that I need another Optimus Prime toy)