Hasbro is Buying Power Rangers

Zobovor

May 1, 2018, 1:52:52 PM5/1/18
Travoltron previously reported in February that Hasbro was gearing up to become the "master licensee" for the Power Rangers brand, but this news article suggests they're just going to purchase the license outright from Saban:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hasbro-to-acquire-power-rangers-and-other-franchises/ar-AAwAs4z?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Zob (and Popples, too!)

David Connell

May 1, 2018, 4:56:13 PM5/1/18
So we'll get TF/PR crossover toys:

Red Ranger Optimus Prime
Yellow Ranger Bumblebee
Blue Ranger Mirage
Black Ranger Trailbreaker
Pink Ranger Arcee
Green Ranger Bulkhead
White Ranger Prowl

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

May 1, 2018, 5:59:12 PM5/1/18
Stop trying to give me nightmares.

Rodimus_2316

May 1, 2018, 6:27:21 PM5/1/18
Does this mean we'll finally get a DVD set of the original RiD show?

- Rodimus_2316

Zobovor

May 1, 2018, 7:00:33 PM5/1/18
On Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 4:27:21 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Does this mean we'll finally get a DVD set of the original RiD show?

Ah, I like the way you're thinking. I'd say it's very possible!

Zob (has the show on VHS somewhere, but I don't own a working VCR...)

Rodimus_2316

May 1, 2018, 9:47:20 PM5/1/18

Rodimus_2316

May 1, 2018, 9:49:41 PM5/1/18

William A. Rendfeld

May 2, 2018, 6:04:17 AM5/2/18
Unfortunately, I fear that's probably not in the cards.

My understanding of it all is thus - Disney bought everything in Saban's library years ago, and retains most of it save for Power Rangers (which Saban reacquired) and maybe Digimon. Even if Hasbro acquires Power Rangers outright from Saban, that deal wouldn't include the rights to everything Saban produced over the years, as most of that still sits with Disney.

But we can all dream.

David Connell

May 2, 2018, 8:45:43 AM5/2/18
One more reason to hate Disney. Like I really needed another one.