This Year's Toy Reset Is Ridiculous

Zobovor

Aug 3, 2017, 2:10:52 AM8/3/17
I'm well accustomed to doing the big reset in the toy department at work every year, but this year is a bit different because the Powers That Be have decided to do a structural upheaval. Expect your local Walmart toy section to look a bit different in the coming weeks. (At my store, the action figures are going where the vehicles were, the girls' and boys' LEGO are being combined together, Barbie is moving... only a handful of categories are staying in the same place.)

I redid the Transformers section today, among others, and it hasn't changed much. The Legends-class movie toys are going away and the Leader-class Titans Return toys are going away (sad face). We also got a $79 remote controlled version of Sqweeks from the new movie. It's ridiculously overpriced and I just don't see it selling, but that's me. My anti-movie bias is particularly strong this year.

Zob (especially excited about the new Star Wars dolls that appear to be on the new fashion doll layout)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 3, 2017, 9:00:02 AM8/3/17
Target is having a major upset too, instead of one shelf on the bottom and a bunch of pegs, they are adding more shelves so the pegs don't start until about chest height.

banzait...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2017, 11:44:51 PM8/3/17
All of the Targets by me are being completely remodeled. They are slowly gutting each area, moving merchandise around. It's a disaster, and they are all going through it at the same time.

-Banzaitron

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 9, 2017, 3:16:29 PM8/9/17
After the Target resets, I've seen 12 more Sixshots there, he's out in force.

Zobovor

Aug 9, 2017, 6:13:26 PM8/9/17
On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 1:16:29 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> After the Target resets, I've seen 12 more Sixshots there, he's out in force.

I remain hopeful. Walmart isn't even carrying the Leader-class toys from Titans Return any longer. Thanks for the heads-up.

Zob (needs to start looking for Trypticon too, apparently)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Aug 9, 2017, 7:28:35 PM8/9/17
Seen him at a few different TRU