Chuck McCann Dies at 83

Zobovor

Apr 9, 2018, 7:22:12 PM4/9/18
Some of you may know him as the voice of Leatherneck on G.I. Joe, but he was also Duckworth and Burger Beagle on DuckTales, Dumptruck the air pirate on TaleSpin, Blinky and Pinky on the 1980's Pac-Man cartoon, and he was also the original voice of Sonny the Cuckoo Bird in the animated Cocoa Puffs commercials.

Zob (sad face)

William A. Rendfeld

Apr 10, 2018, 10:50:26 AM4/10/18
On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 7:22:12 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> Some of you may know him as the voice of Leatherneck on G.I. Joe, but he was also Duckworth and Burger Beagle on DuckTales, Dumptruck the air pirate on TaleSpin, Blinky and Pinky on the 1980's Pac-Man cartoon, and he was also the original voice of Sonny the Cuckoo Bird in the animated Cocoa Puffs commercials.
>

> Zob (sad face)

He had a damn good run.

Travoltron

Apr 10, 2018, 1:02:58 PM4/10/18
On 4/9/2018 4:22 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> the voice of Leatherneck on G.I. Joe

There's this odd episode of G.I. Joe where Leatherneck fights this Cobra
agent named Buck McCann. I've always wondered WTF was up with that.

Zobovor

Apr 10, 2018, 6:49:38 PM4/10/18
On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 11:02:58 AM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> There's this odd episode of G.I. Joe where Leatherneck fights this Cobra
> agent named Buck McCann. I've always wondered WTF was up with that.

I think I remember that one. I bet it was meant as an inside joke, a tribute to the voice actor.

In the Darkwing Duck pilot, the character who ran the orphanage where Gosalyn was found was named Mrs. Cavanaugh (Gosalyn's voice actor was the late, great Christine Cavanaugh).

Zob (double sad face)