Thrilling 30 Comics

banzait...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2015, 7:09:51 PM3/1/15
ATT,

So, I know the comics that have been coming with the generations toys are reprints of previously released comics, with just new covers. However, I am wondering if I wanted to sit down and read them all, is there any logical order, or are they all randomly selected to where there are significant gaps in the story line, no matter what order you read them in.
I lost track of the comics after the Dreamwave bankruptcy, and never got back into them. Any guidance would be appreciated.

-Banzaitron

Shin Hibiki

Mar 2, 2015, 12:32:33 AM3/2/15
banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

>However, I am wondering if I wanted to sit down and read them all, is there any logical order, or are they all randomly selected to where there are significant gaps in the story line, no matter what order you read them in.

Though I can't prove it (I read the IDW stuff as it comes out,
so there's little reason to re-read individual issues), I suspect it's
more the latter. I mean, they publish two main storylines each month,
plus whatever miniseries they happen to be running at any given time.
I think that works out to more comics than toys. And even if you read
all the monthlies, they tend to jump around in time, so you kind of
have to reassemble the chronology.

- Shin Hibiki

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun
They thought they had it won, baby
But soon we'll have 'em on the run

Dave Van Domelen

Mar 2, 2015, 8:52:44 AM3/2/15
In article <8fc71487-5024-4820...@googlegroups.com>,
Check the tiny legal print block, it says what each issue is a reprint
of. The final 12 form the complete Dark Cybertron event, although since
that's the culmination of a few years' worth of storylines, reading it in
order may not make it much more comprehensible. The ones listed as
"Spotlight" are mostly meant to be standalone, but not always.

If you check my reviews, http://www.eyrie.org/~dvandom/BW/Gen/ I comment
on the comics and their placement.

Dave Van Domelen, skipped the Bumblebee gold redeco, but pretty sure it
was one of the Dark Cybertron issues.