New Series Incoming! Transformers: Cyberverse

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 4, 2017, 9:41:54 PM8/4/17
It's that time again, folks! Hasbro has revealed that they have plans for a new animated series and held back most of the juicy details.

From what I can gather this is a throwback to G1, and I am not sure how to feel about that. I mean G1 is indeed iconic. It's the series that started it all. To me, and I want to make it clear I am speaking for myself here, going back to that era is a mistake. Let it stay locked away in the 1980's bubble it lives in and enjoy it in nostalgia glazed glory sessions of DVD couch lounging. Why go back and mess with it now?

I also wonder why they would do this now when we have the generations line, and Titans Return is more awesome than I originally gave it credit for. Do we need more G1 homages? We've covered all the bases several times over... Haven't we? If they don't release G1 homage toys then why even bother with this show at all?

Anyway. I could probably speculate all night. It's Friday evening, what else am I gonna do? So what do you guys think about this?

Your pal,
Ultra Magnotron

...Oh, that's right. I have tickets to see Dark Tower. Guess I'll go check that out.

Cappeca

Aug 11, 2017, 4:55:23 PM8/11/17
Em sexta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2017 22:41:54 UTC-3, Ultra Magnotron escreveu:
> Anyway. I could probably speculate all night. It's Friday evening, what else am I gonna do? So what do you guys think about this?

I sure hope that, whatever the series is about, we get as nice Cyberverse toys as we had with Transformers Prime. Whenever I read Cyberverse I think of Hot Wheels sized cars that turn into robots.

coling...@icloud.com

Aug 11, 2017, 6:27:37 PM8/11/17
With all of the time traveling they do it's easy to disregard it if it sucks. Primus reached into a alternate universe and picked these guys to do battle here and do on and so forth.. Sort of like how RID2001 happened..

Zobovor

Aug 11, 2017, 9:37:59 PM8/11/17
Not to be argumentative, but did Robots in Disguise ever actually make that claim? I was given to understand that it was the approximate back story for the Transformers: Universe toys, which came out a year or two afterwards (purple Fuzor Silverbolt and such), but...

Zob (with admittedly foggy recollections)

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 13, 2017, 5:17:18 PM8/13/17
Yes. I would have to agree that the Prime Cyberverse toys we're awesome and I'd love to see a similar line back on the shelves.