If Japan's BW 2nd and BW Neo cartoons had been brought over and english dubbed, what would make good character names?

Rodimus_2316

Sep 8, 2017, 10:00:57 PM9/8/17
For both the show and the toys, naturally. Not sure myself, but the "Convoy" stuff would have to go, like how RiD Optimus Prime was changed from Fire Convoy in CR.

- Rodimus_2316

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 8, 2017, 11:03:32 PM9/8/17
Oooh, neat idea for a discussion. Calling up the relevant page on
tfu.info...

Autocrusher = Scrapper
Autojetter = Jetstorm
Autolauncher = Tankor
Autostinger = Landfill
BB = Nightwing
Big Horn = Canni-Bull
Big Mos = Mosquitron
Coelagon = Fish Face
Dirge = Skystrike
Dirgegun = Frankenformer
Diver = Frog Face
D.J. = Bug Eyes
Drill Nuts = Peanut
Galvatron =
Gigastorm/Gigascouter = Tyrannotron/Freewheeler
Gimlet = Hardshell
God Neptune = Piranaking
Halfshell = Shellstriker
Hellscream = Cybershark
Ikard = Tenta-Kruel
Lio Convoy = Optimal Primal
Lio Junior = Optimal Minor
Magnaboss = Maximal Major
Mantis = Scythe
Max B = Dreadwolf
Megastorm = Megaplex
Moon = Haresplitter
Motorarm = Insectishell
Powerhug = Armorhide
Santon = Tuskor
Scissorboy = Bug Blade
Scylla = Fin Face
Sea Phantom = Grin Fin
Skywarp = Bladefeather
Starscream= Darkstorm
Terrormander = Manta Terror
Thrust = Aerostrike
Thrustor = Dinostrike
Tonbot = Dragonflight
Tripredacus = Monstructus

Zob (will have to do BW Neo later)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 8, 2017, 11:35:34 PM9/8/17
Wish I could see where you got these on tfu.info. The site's down at the moment.

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 9, 2017, 12:08:50 AM9/9/17
On Friday, September 8, 2017 at 9:35:34 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Wish I could see where you got these on tfu.info. The site's down at the
> moment.

I was using this page, specifically:

http://www.tfu.info/series/jbw2.htm

It works for me, though I was there earlier so maybe I'm just viewing a version that's already cached in my browser.

Zob (cache me outside, how 'bout dat?)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 9, 2017, 12:30:50 AM9/9/17
I always just looked at the "Year" option on that stie, for G1 VS4 useful info. Never saw or tried the other links. Still down for me, for some reason. I'll view it when I can.

- Rodimus_2316

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 9, 2017, 11:36:14 PM9/9/17
Okay, now for BW Neo:

Archadis = Archaeopterror
Bazooka = Hornshell
Big Convoy = Optimus Primus
Break = Icebreaker
Bump = Armorshell
Corahda = Snakulator
Crazybolt = Coldblood
Dead End = Spiral
Drancron = Razorwing
Elephaorca = Sea Tusk
Guiledart = Boneflayer
Hardhead = Skullbreaker
Heinlad = Timestopper
Hydra = Pterrorbeak
Killerpunch = Spike Shot
Longrack = Neckbreaker
Mach Kick = Big Hoss
Magmatron = Dinoking
Randy = Powertusk
Rartorarta = Aquasting
Rockbuster = Clawgrip
Saberback = Chainsaw
Sharp Edge = Cybersword
Sling = Springtrap
Stampy = Machrabbit
Survive = Bearricade

Zob (couldn't help that last one)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 10, 2017, 4:31:03 PM9/10/17
Cool! Nice! I take it you've seen both shows?

- Rodimus_2316

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 10, 2017, 5:13:52 PM9/10/17
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:31:03 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Cool! Nice! I take it you've seen both shows?

Not a single episode. I know a little bit about the relationships between the characters (i.e., Starscream gets upgraded into Hellscream) but that's it.

Zob (and the only toys I've got are the ones that Hasbro imported)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 10, 2017, 6:09:34 PM9/10/17
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:13:52 PM UTC-7, New and Improved Zobovor wrote:
> On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:31:03 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
>
> > Cool! Nice! I take it you've seen both shows?
>
> Not a single episode. I know a little bit about the relationships between the characters (i.e., Starscream gets upgraded into Hellscream) but that's it.

I've only seen the first 5 eps of BW2 that were fan-dubbed and posted on tfcog.com. Wish more were done.

> Zob (and the only toys I've got are the ones that Hasbro imported)

Japan BW characters I'd like to have (don't have any): LioConvoy, Big Convoy, the snake, the rabbit, the giraffe, the penguin, Galvatron, and Magmatron. Both original-releases and possible MPs.

- Rodimus_2316

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 10, 2017, 6:52:31 PM9/10/17
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 4:09:34 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Japan BW characters I'd like to have (don't have any): LioConvoy, Big Convoy,
> the snake, the rabbit, the giraffe, the penguin, Galvatron, and Magmatron.
> Both original-releases and possible MPs.

I bought my wife Longrack for Christmas last year because she likes giraffes. It's an okay toy but it's so gimmick-driven. Generally, Beast Wars Neo toys are insanely complicated. Takara was still in that mindset when they designed a lot of the Car Robots toys, I think.

I have heard that Break is such a shellformer that you can literally take all the penguin parts off his robot mode and build a complete penguin right next to the robot. Basically, he's a Pretender Beast.

I have the Hasbro release of Magmatron from when it was sold in the USA as a Target exclusive. It's a bizarre mess of creatures. I think it effectively supplanted Tripredacus as the most complex Beast-era toy in history.

Zob (Mach Kick is the closest we'll ever get to a Transformers/My Little Pony crossover)

Gustavo Wombat

Sep 12, 2017, 12:16:16 AM9/12/17
I might be a bit of a party pooper, but most of the characters have names
that would work well, or American toys with names that would work well.

I would look at some of the characters who got upgrades, where the names
don't quite work for the US.

Dirge and Dirgegun are awesome.
Megastorm and Gigastorm, also great.
Starscream and Hellscream, while great, might not fit Hasbro's standards.
(Starscream and Seascream?)
BB and Max B are not terrible
Thrust and Thrustol needs work. A lot of work. I might go Ramjet and
Rampage.

Apache should just be B'Boom.
Bump can be Armordillo.
The Seacons can get their G1 names.

BW Neo has more characters where the name might need an update though. But
it's also less likely we would ever see it here as the toys aren't great.

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

Gustavo Wombat

Sep 12, 2017, 12:16:17 AM9/12/17
BW2 Galvatron is well worth hunting down. I also love the cyberbeasts --
Dirgegun in particular.

Cappeca

Sep 13, 2017, 11:12:06 AM9/13/17
Em domingo, 10 de setembro de 2017 18:13:52 UTC-3, New and Improved Zobovor escreveu:
> On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:31:03 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
>
> > Cool! Nice! I take it you've seen both shows?
>
> Not a single episode.

HEY! How about a BWII/BW Neo episode for the cartoon club in October 15th? How about the pilot for both series? The premise being "would you continue watching this show based on the pilot, and if all toys were available in your area?"

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 13, 2017, 1:48:29 PM9/13/17
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:12:06 AM UTC-6, Cappeca wrote:

> HEY! How about a BWII/BW Neo episode for the cartoon club in October 15th? How
> about the pilot for both series? The premise being "would you continue watching
> this show based on the pilot, and if all toys were available in your area?"

That sounds like a fun idea, as long as there's a version available for download somewhere that I could watch in English (either subtitled or dubbed).

Zob (excited about this)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 13, 2017, 1:57:41 PM9/13/17

Cappeca

Sep 13, 2017, 11:20:31 PM9/13/17
Downloaded. Another fan Project I had no idea about. Thank you!

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 15, 2017, 10:52:50 PM9/15/17
On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 9:12:06 AM UTC-6, Cappeca wrote:

> HEY! How about a BWII/BW Neo episode for the cartoon club in October 15th? How
> about the pilot for both series?

Oh my God, Cappeca, what have you tricked me into watching?!

Zob (I can't even)

Cappeca

Sep 18, 2017, 12:33:36 PM9/18/17
LOL I know I know, I'm sorry! I just wanted to see Big Convoy again!

To be honest, this will be my first time watching BWII, so I have no idea what I'm up to. Just checked a few seconds of the videos to see if they were downloaded correctly, but I'm saving it for next month. I've still got this month's to catch up with, but Ted 2 got in the way.

Rodimus_2316

Sep 22, 2017, 7:10:29 PM9/22/17
Maybe we should just focus on BW2 for now, as BW Neo is after it and gives BW2 spoilers? I was thinking, as tfcog.com only has 5 BW2 eps dubbed, maybe we could download a subbed-version of it from a post I made before that someone replied to?

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.toys.transformers/uDclHzYrSVA

I can't seem to find the download link, though. Looks like it was taken down.

- Rodimus_2316

New and Improved Zobovor

Sep 22, 2017, 10:39:32 PM9/22/17
On Friday, September 22, 2017 at 5:10:29 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Maybe we should just focus on BW2 for now, as BW Neo is after it and gives BW2
> spoilers?

I can't speak for everybody else, of course, but I think I will only be able to stomach reviewing the first Beast Wars Second episode. That Beast Wars Neo fan-dubbed version is so bad that I can't even understand the dialogue in places.

Zob (it's hard to bargle nawdle zouss with all these marbles in my mouth)

Rodimus_2316

Sep 26, 2017, 3:45:43 PM9/26/17
Just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEu7zjpuUdI