Combiners wars / Titans return availability?

banzait...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2016, 2:16:10 AM7/15/16
ATT,

What is everyone's theory behind the abysmal availability of these toy lines in brick and mortar stores? Even Amazon doesn't have them in stock?
Scalpers? Dock strikes? Limited runs? The only folks that seem to get them in stock is bbts and such. There are so many of these amazing toys I have never seen in stores. What gives???

-banzaitron

Zobovor

Jul 15, 2016, 8:08:45 AM7/15/16
On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 12:16:10 AM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> What is everyone's theory behind the abysmal availability of these toy lines
> in brick and mortar stores?

I think the places that have had them were getting them early, and that most places (including the brick-and-mortar variety) aren't "supposed" to have them yet. In my mind, they're still slated for an "official" August release despite obvious evidence to the contrary.

Walmart, just for example, does its big toy department reset around the first week of next month, so I expect we should receive them just slightly in advance of that.

Zob (those clearance price changes took me three days)

David Connell

Jul 15, 2016, 8:47:13 AM7/15/16
While it's a bit frustrating to have to wait, the scarcity of figures just means I have less new toy distractions and can better appreciate the awesomeness of the best Galvatron to date!

I'm keeping an eye out, but I know TR will show up in force soon enough.

David Connell

Jul 15, 2016, 8:48:45 AM7/15/16
On Friday, July 15, 2016 at 8:47:13 AM UTC-4, David Connell wrote:
> While it's a bit frustrating to have to wait, the scarcity of figures just means I have less new toy distractions and can better appreciate the awesomeness of the best Galvatron to date!
>
> I'm keeping an eye out, but I know TR will show up in force soon enough.

Not to mention less distraction from the magazine I'm working on. Managing Editor/Graphic Designer means a lot on my plate!

Shin Hibiki

Jul 24, 2016, 1:52:30 AM7/24/16
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>I think the places that have had them were getting them early, and that most places (including the brick-and-mortar variety) aren't "supposed" to have them yet. In my mind, they're still slated for an "official" August release despite obvious evidence to the contrary.
>
>Walmart, just for example, does its big toy department reset around the first week of next month, so I expect we should receive them just slightly in advance of that.

I found the deluxes (except for Hardhead, dangit) at Wally
down in Butte a week ago, whereas mine has nada. Their toy department
and store in general look quite a bit better than the one here,
despite (or maybe because of) being out on the edge of town, whereas
ours is practically right off the interstate. I think the general
douchiness of individual store managers is a factor--as I've noted
before, the store here will (as is currently the case) go for weeks
with rows of pegs that are literally empty.

- Shin Hibiki

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun