Kanye West Presents the Most Underrated Transformer OF ALL TIME!!!!!!

banzait...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 10:33:06 PM9/22/15
ATT,

So, who do you think is the most underrated transformer, EVER! Here is my vote:

G2 Deluge:

- Extremely unique transformation

- Water Spraying gun

- Hey, he's G2!

- Epic vehicle mode

- Color changing technology

- One of a kind name, that I had to look up in a dictionary (remember those) when I bought him

- Pretty much a complete unknown, gets absolutely no love, and has NEVER been re-issued or homage. (Eurotrash mixups do not count)

- Has a bellows

- Beautiful sticker work

- At least one of you will have to look him up to even know who the hell I am talking about: http://tfu.info/1993/Decepticon/Deluge/deluge.htm

-Banzaitron

banzait...@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2015, 11:16:19 AM9/26/15
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 9:33:06 PM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> ATT,
>
> So, who do you think is the most underrated transformer, EVER!

Not everyone at once!

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 26, 2015, 11:40:25 AM9/26/15
I was going to make a case for HTFD Scout Breacher and HTFD Voyager Seaspray as a team, or Universe Onslaught.

Zobovor

Sep 26, 2015, 12:59:11 PM9/26/15
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 9:16:19 AM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Not everyone at once!

I've been thinking. It takes a while for my brain to produce a coherent thought sometimes!

Beast Wars Jetstorm. For those who don't know, he's the dragonfly. In an era where you were either a show-character or a total nobody (there was no in-between), Jetstorm tends to get lumped in with the droves of Beast Wars toys who never made it into the show. I've always been immensely fond of him, though. For starters, he's got not one, but two gimmicks, during an era when Deluxe-class toys were usually only equipped with a single gimmick. Cheetor had his water-squirting gut gun; that was his gimmick. Waspinator had his spring-powered missile launcher; that was his gimmick. Jetstorm got a water-squirting feature AND a spring-powered weapon-deploying feature PLUS two spring-loaded missile launchers! So, really, that's, like, four gimmicks.

He's got articulated mandibles in insect mode! He's got four highly articulated wings! He's got the standard Beast Wars era articulation, of course. His face sculpt is amazing and strongly evokes the terrifying face of the Predator from the film of the same name. All his gimmicks work in robot mode, including the water-squirting gimmick... which sprays from his mouth in robot mode! He's such an amazingly fun toy. I love him to pieces, despite his total lack of media portrayal.

I think he's related to G2 Jetstorm in some way, who is another amazingly cool toy who also squirts water.

Zob (DRAGUNFLY NOT VEEHUKON)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 26, 2015, 6:38:36 PM9/26/15
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 10:16:19 AM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
Beast Wars B'Boom is also pretty cool, he has a weapons platform, armed to the gills (I know he has no gills) and was pretty poseable for using less ball joints.

I think my mind is in a blue place this week.

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Sep 27, 2015, 1:38:06 AM9/27/15
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 7:33:06 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> ATT,
>
> So, who do you think is the most underrated transformer, EVER! Here is my vote:

There are a bunch that leap to mind.

BM Scavenger
BW Jetstorm (Hi Zob!)
Cybertron Mudflap
Armada Hot Shot
Beast Hunters Knock Out
BW Injector

But there is one toy that engendered complete hatred in the fandom, who is actually a perfectly lovely, interesting toy...

BM Deluxe Optimus Primal. He's ugly, that is true, and he doesn't match the character model in any way, sure, but despite all of that, he is really surprisingly good.

The transformation is pretty close to unique -- Optimus Minor had a bit of the upside-down monkey going on, but Primal does it better. For instance, he actually looks different in each mode (Optimus Minor transforms from a robotic monkey to a nearly identical robotic monkey in N easy steps!).

He has a weird arm gimmick that lets him fling poo. Or his throwing star, but really, it is for flinging poo. Find something like a bit of cat food or something that resembles poo, and he will fling it.

He has a fascinatingly hideous sculpt and deco. The translucent blue plastic catches the light and appears to glow, while the rest of him is a dark, dark brownish-black with gold details. And the sculpt is a horror show -- look at that beast face! It's not the placid and thoughtful gorilla that we have seen time and time again, this has fangs and is intent on tearing your face off with them. He even has a snarling gimmick.

He also has a transparent skull, and a glowing green brain. That is awesome.

The only real problem with this toy is that is it ostensibly Optimus Primal, and ostensibly a good guy. Clearly, neither of these are true.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 27, 2015, 10:43:30 AM9/27/15
How can you like Beast Hunters Knock Out? It's Knock Out in a color scheme that would make the character faint in disgust and dismay. Even his toy face is not happy about the new deco.

Beast Wars Injector? Ok now you just like the weirdo toys. Injector has gills, and wings, those do not go together. His beast mode would be Darwined out of existence in about 4 minutes or however long his gilled self can survive without water.

I don't want to test poop flinging

Zobovor

Sep 27, 2015, 12:02:14 PM9/27/15
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 8:43:30 AM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> Beast Wars Injector? Ok now you just like the weirdo toys. Injector has
> gills, and wings, those do not go together. His beast mode would be Darwined
> out of existence in about 4 minutes or however long his gilled self can
> survive without water.

He's just multi-environmental. He uses the gills when he's underwater and the wings when he's in the air. He probably has an aquatic lung system and an oxygen lung system.

I would argue that he's a robot and that he doesn't use the gills at all, but Beast Wars kind of established that the characters do breathe (and can be choked to death) when in beast mode, so...

Zob (Cheetor vs. snake)

Zobovor

Sep 27, 2015, 12:05:08 PM9/27/15
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 11:38:06 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> He has a weird arm gimmick that lets him fling poo. Or his throwing star, but
> really, it is for flinging poo. Find something like a bit of cat food or
> something that resembles poo, and he will fling it.

That seems like a waste of perfectly good cat food. Seems like it would be easier to have him fling actual poo.

Zob (I mean, if you own a cat, you already have an ample supply)

Gustavo Wombat

Sep 27, 2015, 3:03:34 PM9/27/15
Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. <Ob1k...@att.net> wrote:
> On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 12:38:06 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of
> the Seattle Wombats wrote:
>> On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 7:33:06 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> ATT,
>>>
>>> So, who do you think is the most underrated transformer, EVER! Here is my vote:
>>
>> There are a bunch that leap to mind.
>>
>> BM Scavenger
>> BW Jetstorm (Hi Zob!)
>> Cybertron Mudflap
>> Armada Hot Shot
>> Beast Hunters Knock Out
>> BW Injector
>>

> How can you like Beast Hunters Knock Out? It's Knock Out in a color
> scheme that would make the character faint in disgust and dismay. Even
> his toy face is not happy about the new deco.

The fact that Knock Out would hate his alt-mode just makes it a little
nicer. There's no way it would ever be his choice. It suggests that there
is a story, and that it did not go Knock Out's way. How many toys suggest
that there is a story there, just by sitting there on your shelf? Nemesis
Prime and Beast Hunters Knock Out and that's about it. Do you see Universe
Optimus Primal and immediately ponder his color scheme in the context of
the fictional universe -- no, you look at him and see a weirdly colored toy
that was padding out the shelves. But, Beast Hunters Knock Out...

Perhaps he was damaged, and repaired by Predacons.... who had never seen a
car! (dum, dum, dum!)

Can he feel it when he buffs his finish? Does he have to carefully have to
buff around the leather?

Did he break down, get impounded and then auctioned and then finally get
made into an art car by some enterprising college student?

It's a toy that makes you want to know more. I love him for that.

> Beast Wars Injector? Ok now you just like the weirdo toys. Injector has
> gills, and wings, those do not go together. His beast mode would be
> Darwined out of existence in about 4 minutes or however long his gilled
> self can survive without water.

Beautiful beast mode. Of all the problems with the toy, it is the beast
mode that bothers you? There are flying fish. He might have lungs and gills
like Aquaman.

> I don't want to test poop flinging

Your loss.

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 28, 2015, 1:17:14 AM9/28/15
Universe 2.0 Dropshot.

His vehicle mode is loaded with weapons, he has 2 cyber key gimmicks with tons of springs and firing missiles, and it's a nice feat of engineering that his top rotates in vehicle mode, despite being the arms and head in robot mode.

The amount of firepower here is so cool, and he's finally in a tactically viable paintjob unlike the first use of this mold. I attach the yellow Universe Firebot Minicon that turns into a missile pod to his Minicon port just to tip the scale over the top in number of sheer missiles.

I also got Universe Roadbuster today (the one that's a repaint of Cybertron Defense Hot Shot) and it's a cool mold with a ton of missile pods, I'm disappointed that 0 of them fire. Cybertron toys all had firing missiles I thought. He even has some weird protrusion on his lower right leg where something is supposed to attach, but there is nothing mentioned in the instructions. I hate abandoned gimmicks.

Zobovor

Sep 28, 2015, 2:31:21 AM9/28/15
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 11:17:14 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

I am seeing the number "1138" everywhere lately. As of right now, this thread has 11 posts and 38 views.

> I also got Universe Roadbuster today (the one that's a repaint of Cybertron
> Defense Hot Shot)

Out of curiosity, why would you choose to seek out that particular toy now, when there's an arguably much better Roadbuster toy (the Generations toy designed to resemble G1 Roadbuster) in existence?

Zob (in my collection, older, less accurate homages get replaced by newer and better ones)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 28, 2015, 9:43:07 AM9/28/15
I wanted the mold, and the guy was only selling the roadbuster version

I'm not that impressed by the new roadbuster either, his weapons don't hold together well, or even stay in the ports well.

Zobovor

Sep 28, 2015, 9:50:17 PM9/28/15
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 7:43:07 AM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> I wanted the mold, and the guy was only selling the roadbuster version

Ah. Fair enough.

Zob (has nothing to add here)

banzait...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2015, 11:24:19 PM9/28/15
On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 12:17:14 AM UTC-5, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
> Universe 2.0 Dropshot.

This is a great repaint, that I do not own but have coveted for sometime. Actually, I pretty much LOVE all of the universe 2.0 toys.

-Banzaitron

banzait...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2015, 11:27:39 PM9/28/15
On Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 10:40:25 AM UTC-5, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> Universe Onslaught.

Really? The SWAT truck? You know, I have him displayed, which is a rare honor for much less than 1% of my transformers. I frequently look at him and think, really? Why him? But alas, something made me pull him out and display him.

-Banzaitron

banzait...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2015, 11:30:47 PM9/28/15
> BW Jetstorm (Hi Zob!)
> BW Injector

LOVE both of these toys. Especially injector. He's got to be one of the most scary transformers ever. Gee, I might have to rethink my vote...

-Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Sep 29, 2015, 1:00:25 AM9/29/15
On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 11:31:21 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> On Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 11:17:14 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
>
> I am seeing the number "1138" everywhere lately. As of right now, this thread has 11 posts and 38 views.
>
> > I also got Universe Roadbuster today (the one that's a repaint of Cybertron
> > Defense Hot Shot)
>
> Out of curiosity, why would you choose to seek out that particular toy now, when there's an arguably much better Roadbuster toy (the Generations toy designed to resemble G1 Roadbuster) in existence?

Having only known Roadbuster as a color scheme applied to existing molds, I found the Generations Roadbuster toy kind of disturbing. The mold barely resembles the many previous Roadbuster decoed toys.

It would be like they applied the Nemesis Prime color scheme to a brand new mold that wasn't even a truck, and then said "This, this is what he is supposed to look like!"

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 29, 2015, 8:18:21 PM9/29/15
I don't think I've ever liked any of the paintjobs on this toy, so I had passed them for a long time hoping to get a better repaint. Well that never happened, so here we are. He looks like a Gundam.

If anything it might have been a good Bulkhead toy pre-animated.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Sep 30, 2015, 8:17:55 PM9/30/15
You got me to play with this toy again. Ok that and the fact that he's the one the cat pushed off the shelf. I missed out on the show version of this toy. I hear this one was better, but I have some difficulties locking his chest and shoulders down. The chain/claw weapon is interesting, but it clips together like it was supposed to launch at one point, or like there is supposed to be an official way to keep the jaws open. It can sort of be positioned to stay open but it's so precarious it seems like a happy accident more than anything intentional. I do like that it's an interpretation of the jaws of life tool used by rescue workers, and he was the Decepticon medic. His face looks so pissed off and disgusted at the new car deco.