Toys I Want Upscaled

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

May 31, 2015, 2:17:16 AM5/31/15
The TF:Prime Deluxe Terrorcons are some of my favorite toys. Straightforward, sturdy, and a decent size all at once. The Voyager Predaking inspired by the Legion Commander is similarly great.

They are also good toys for younger children, withyout being childish -- they let younger kids play with big kid toys, which is really what they want.

Anyway, that said, some toys I would like to see larger:

- Generations Bombshell
- Generations Skrapnel
- Generations Swerve

- TF: Prime Legion Wheeljack
- TF:Universe 2.0 Legion Bumblebee http://www.tfu.info/2008/Autobot/TFUBumblebee/bumblebee.htm
- ROTF Tankor (aka 2007 Legion Brawl in blue...)
- RTS Legion Prowl
- Universe 2.0 Legends Wheelie (ROTF Shadow Striker might look better)
- Universe 2.0 Legends Rodimus
- PrimeRID Cyberverse Grimlock

Zobovor

May 31, 2015, 12:49:04 PM5/31/15
On Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 12:17:16 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Anyway, that said, some toys I would like to see larger:
>
> - Generations Bombshell
> - Generations Skrapnel
> - Generations Swerve

Call me old-fashioned, but I tend to think that if the toys were tiny during G1, then tiny updates are sufficient. I really don't think I ever want to see the Mini Autobots, for example, get any bigger than a Deluxe. (Yeah, we kind of need a new Seaspray.)

If we're talking about just taking existing toys and biggifying into larger toys with essentially the same design, though, I can't think of too many toys I would buy right off the bat. Maybe the G1 Dinobots. Broadside. Beast Wars Dinobot.

In fact, if anything, I've got a list of big toys that I would like to see made smaller. Toys like G1 Blaster, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, and Galvatron are too big. Deluxe-scale versions of them would be awesome.

Zob

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Jun 12, 2015, 2:34:42 PM6/12/15
Insecticons need to remain tiny. Voyager Seaspray is one of my favorite toys though, a hovercraft should always be bigger than a car.

The last Deluxe Galvatron we got was terrible. Deluxe Blaster at this point would be a repaint of WfC Soundwave, I don't expect to see a G1 version ever agian.

Voyager Cosmos would be ok by me. maybe even leader, with a hatch that could open to put Micromasters or Minicons in.

Zobovor

Jun 12, 2015, 4:16:05 PM6/12/15
On Friday, June 12, 2015 at 12:34:42 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> The last Deluxe Galvatron we got was terrible.

I'm just talking about a downscaled version of the G1 toy. Something that's the same height as Cyclonus and Scourge instead of, you know, the size of Metroplex.

> Voyager Cosmos would be ok by me. maybe even leader, with a hatch that could
> open to put Micromasters or Minicons in.

The problem with a toy like that is that Cosmos would be way to big in robot mode. But, I guess you could just use Voyager Cosmos when he's in vehicle mode and then swap out one of the Legends-class toys for when he's a robot.

Zob (wants a gigantic shuttle-mode Astrotrain playset)