CW TR best mold usages?

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Nov 28, 2016, 7:57:29 PM11/28/16
Just got Highbrow, Scourge, and Blurr from target for about $8.50 each and was wondering which of them was going to be best mold usages. Highbrow and Scourge are similar I'm told, and don't know if I want to keep them all.

Then I got thinking, of all the CW and TR stuff, which ones do people here like the best? I'm probably in the minority for liking Rook more than Swindle, considering Rook is a new character. Hot Spot was awesome, and Onslaught was terrible. What are some of your thoughts?

Zobovor

Nov 28, 2016, 9:43:33 PM11/28/16
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 5:57:29 PM UTC-7, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> Just got Highbrow, Scourge, and Blurr from target for about $8.50 each and
> was wondering which of them was going to be best mold usages. Highbrow and
> Scourge are similar I'm told, and don't know if I want to keep them all.

Highbrow and Scourge share some incidental parts. Fists, upper legs, pelvis assembly. Really, you'd never know they shared parts.

> Then I got thinking, of all the CW and TR stuff, which ones do people here
> like the best? I'm probably in the minority for liking Rook more than
> Swindle, considering Rook is a new character. Hot Spot was awesome, and
> Onslaught was terrible. What are some of your thoughts?

For Titans Return, I really am enjoying the entire toy line immensely. The mandatory redeco toys are a little less enjoyable, but all in all it could be my favorite Transformers toy line next to G1. Scourge is one of the best. Galvatron is, too, despite the helmet. Blurr is great despite the color scheme. I think those are my favorites.

For Combiner Wars, I liked Breakdown and Brawl and Silverbolt the best, I think.

Also, Trailbreaker was more successful than he had any right to be. Dynamite head sculpt.

Zob (and I still love Wheeljack despite his total lack of paint)

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Dec 6, 2016, 2:19:08 AM12/6/16
On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 4:57:29 PM UTC-8, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
> Just got Highbrow, Scourge, and Blurr from target for about $8.50 each and was wondering which of them was going to be best mold usages. Highbrow and Scourge are similar I'm told, and don't know if I want to keep them all.

Highbrow and Scourge are barely more similar than Generations Whirl (the MW Sandstorm Redeco) and Energon Omega Supreme. Yes, if you look carefully, you can find reused parts (missiles, in my example), but they are entirely different toys.

Blurr and Brainstorm have a lot in common though.

> Then I got thinking, of all the CW and TR stuff, which ones do people here like the best? I'm probably in the minority for liking Rook more than Swindle, considering Rook is a new character. Hot Spot was awesome, and Onslaught was terrible. What are some of your thoughts?

Groove: none.

Optimus: Battle Core Optimus Prime. He looks great in white, and he has the fixed hips. G2 Motormaster also has the fixed hips but is too purple even for me.

Blackjack: G2 Blackjack. He seems to hold to the chest better, and be a more fun color scheme.

Dragstrip: Mirage. I really dislike Dragstrip's head, and don't have such a strong connection to Mirage to care about the hood being on the back.

Dead End: This is a fine mold, and I like almost every one of them. Wildrider might be my favorite.

Breakdown: Unite Warriors Lightspeed. The Wheeljack of the mold is better, and Lightspeed makes it actually look good. Plus, he has extra weapons.

Offroad: Trailbreaker. I don't know why I love this version more than the others.

Silverbolt: Not a huge fan of the mold, and I think the Universe 2.0 Silverbolt is a better mold. I will pick Cyclonus because of a few panels of some insane Japanese pack in manga where he unfolds his stomach and Galvatron's head pops out and yells at people.

Powerglide: If I ever saw Viper, it might be him, but G2 Powerglide gets the vote for oddness.

Alpha Bravo: Blades is probably my favorite here, but only because Vortex has legs that want to pop off for me at the slightest provocation. This really should be Vortex.

Fireflight: Fireflight.

Skydive: Skydive.

Hot Spot: Himself. Modestly better than Onslaught. Neither version seems like the definitive version of the character, other than combining. The UW Decepticon Chickbot Megaempress might be better -- she's made out of Megatron's spare parts!

Rook: Rook. I dislike the Swindle version, because there are giant arms in the passenger compartment under the rollbar.

Deluxe Groove: Himself. The Technobot version has a windshield in the way.

Brawl: He's fine, none of the other versions are better.

Sky-Lynx: Himself.

Is that all the different molds we got? It feels like we got so many more. I will happily accept a redeco or a remold of a solid toy, and the limbs really are great. And they need cores for the play pattern, so the weaker voyager toys are also accepted.