[OT] Another TMNT crossover coming

Shin Hibiki

Mar 21, 2016, 10:31:06 PM3/21/16
Since we do talk about TMNT in here from time to time, some of
you might find this of interest. This coming Sunday morning (Easter),
the current Nick TMNT show is going to have a crossover with the OG
Turtles. Here's a clip...

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt-410a-clip.html

Unfortunately, the traditional animation portion doesn't look
that great, and I don't know why--they've given a glimpse into the
'80s world in this show before, and it looked really good then. I
think they're being needlessly simplistic with it. However, the 3D
renditions of the old guys look good. Plus, unlike Turtles Forever,
this one has all the original voice actors. Rob Paulsen does double
duty, which gets a joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTYZH9ZztJ0&feature=player_detailpage#t=50

- Shin Hibiki, likes the current series second-best...

----
The race ain't over yet, baby
It's only just begun
They thought they had it won, baby
But soon we'll have 'em on the run

Zobovor

Mar 22, 2016, 6:36:38 PM3/22/16
On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 8:31:06 PM UTC-6, Shin Hibiki wrote:

> Unfortunately, the traditional animation portion doesn't look
> that great, and I don't know why--they've given a glimpse into the
> '80s world in this show before, and it looked really good then.

Different animation studio, maybe? I really wanted to like Turtles Forever, and in some ways I did, but the wrong voices for the classic Turtles bugged me, and most of the jokes were at the expense of the oldskool Turtles. They weren't nearly as goofy in the old show as they were portrayed in Turtles Forever.

Getting the classic voice actors back is a huge plus for me. It's going to make this new crossover feel a lot more like a "true" meeting of generations. They did a very brief snippet with all four original actors in an earlier episode, so we kind of got a taste of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krdsqmb4dhc

I don't usually watch the Nickelodeon show, but I'll definitely be watching this episode!

Zob (doesn't have to work on Easter Sunday for, like, the first time in recorded history)

Shin Hibiki

Mar 23, 2016, 12:23:53 AM3/23/16
Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

>Different animation studio, maybe? I really wanted to like Turtles Forever, and in some ways I did, but the wrong voices for the classic Turtles bugged me, and most of the jokes were at the expense of the oldskool Turtles. They weren't nearly as goofy in the old show as they were portrayed in Turtles Forever.

I know. Still, I really appreciate the fact that they
produced that show. I mean, they played around with the multiverse in
the context of the *mainline programming* (as opposed to, say, TF,
where that concept is also established but is largely confined to the
collector's club fiction). They resurrected the old show, and now
they're going to do it again. Of course, they also market the heck
out of the original character designs on kids' clothing, etc.
There's another crossover clip right on the show's front page.
Looks like OG Krang has a special connection to the new show...!

http://www.nick.com/tmnt/

>They did a very brief snippet with all four original actors in an earlier episode, so we kind of got a taste of it:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krdsqmb4dhc

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to earlier. So cool that
I made a screen cap of the final image:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=749589938399631&set=pb.100000458953447.-2207520000.1458698330.&type=3&theater

There's a quick scene earlier in that episode where you also
see April and Casey. Y'know, being that Casey is a major player in
pretty much every iteration of Turtles *except* for the old cartoon.
:P

>I don't usually watch the Nickelodeon show, but I'll definitely be watching this episode!

I recommend it. They incorporate a lot of characters and plot
points from the various toons and comics that have come before, though
in slightly different ways. Sort of like the current IDW comics,
except I think the toon does a better job of it. (I feel sort of the
same about the current TMNT comics as I do the current TF comics,
which is to say I'm not a particularly big fan but continue to read
them anyway.)

- Shin Hibiki, totally wrong game for shoryuken, bro

Zobovor

Apr 12, 2016, 7:56:40 PM4/12/16
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 10:23:53 PM UTC-6, Shin Hibiki wrote:

> They resurrected the old show, and now they're going to do it again.

I finally got a chance to watch "Trans-Dimensional Turtles" today and in some ways it was a disappointment. It felt like a rushed, 22-minute retread of "Turtles Forever," right down to the visit to the black-and-white comic book universe.

Still, it was great to hear all the original voice actors reprising their roles.

Zob (well, except James Avery, of course)