G1 Transformers Syndication TV Commercial

Zobovor

Jul 18, 2017, 2:39:16 AM7/18/17
Anybody actually remember this commercial?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtW29q2n20

I find it rather amusing that when Victor Caroli is talking about heroic Autobots battling evil Decepticons, they show footage of Cliffjumper beating the crap out of poor Mirage.

However, what I found really interesting about this commercial was that it uses an early, aborted Transformers logo at the very end. It's the same erroneous logo that popped up on the Hasbro sticker sheets for early toys like Jetfire or Grimlock, but it was never used for the toy line packaging proper. It makes you wonder how the television station arrived at that being an official Transformers logo. Did Hasbro actually supply the TV stations with this logo?

Zob (this is what I do while I'm waiting for the clothes dryer so I have clothes to wear to work tomorrow)

No One In Particular

Jul 22, 2017, 11:47:55 PM7/22/17
No. I don't remember this logo at all; and I also don't remember my
Grimlock or Jetfire having anything unusual on the sticker sheets.
Running change, I assume, although it could also be faulty memory.
Thirty years is a long time...

Brian

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Jul 23, 2017, 2:33:44 AM7/23/17
I remember the commercial, but not that logo.

Travoltron

Jul 23, 2017, 11:47:51 AM7/23/17
I looked up other versions and they don't have that. I know my local
station didn't.

Zobovor

Jul 23, 2017, 6:19:00 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 9:47:51 AM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> I looked up other versions and they don't have that. I know my local
> station didn't.

The station identification would have been different from channel to channel. I just think it's interesting that these guys used this early, aborted Hasbro logo. They didn't stumble onto it accidentally.

Zob (they stumbled onto it deliberately!)