Transformers G1 Subtitles

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 9, 2012, 1:32:11 AM4/9/12
I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.

Link:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
any problems please let me know.

Thanks.

--
My Transformers Prime Calendar:
http://tfprime.timeshout.com/?how=month&std=2012-03-07&end=2012-03-21

Zobovor

Apr 9, 2012, 11:33:03 AM4/9/12
On Apr 8, 11:32 pm, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

I'm interested in looking at it, but I don't know what I need to do in
order to get it to work. An SRT file is just the subtitles
themselves, right? So how would I go about getting the subtitles to
display while I was watching the episode?

Zob

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 9, 2012, 11:43:18 AM4/9/12
On 4/9/2012 8:33 AM, Zobovor wrote:
> I'm interested in looking at it, but I don't know what I need to do in
> order to get it to work. An SRT file is just the subtitles
> themselves, right? So how would I go about getting the subtitles to
> display while I was watching the episode?
>

> Zob

In most cases you click take SRT file and drag it onto the video
while it's playing. This is the case with VLC Media Player, Zoom
Player, and most others.

There are a few exceptions; Windows Media Player is not compatible
with SRT files and if your video is in MPEG format, VLC Media Player
will not be able to display the subtitles (I've registered my own
complaint about that on the VLC forums, because other media players
have no trouble with it).

If dragging the file onto the video does not load the subtitles then
you will have to load them from the media player's menu. I'm sure there
is sufficient documentation available for whatever media player you're
using, but I can try and find the info for any specific media player
if you need me to.

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 9, 2012, 11:55:08 PM4/9/12
Scrap. I uploaded the wrong subtitle file, so it's all wrong at the
moment. I had a sync issue, and spent a few hours fixing it before
uploading the latest SRT file this morning, unfortunately I uploaded
the wrong file and then deleted all my hard work.

So... stupid me. I have spend a few more hours fixing it all again.

:-(

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 10, 2012, 12:56:20 PM4/10/12
Fixed.

Honestly, that wasn't as bad as I expected. It still sucked, but
it could have been worse.

This experience has taught me something, and I'm hoping a few of
you here can help me out. I need some testers. Just a few folks
to volunteer their time to test out the subtitles and make sure
that they work ok with their videos and media players.

Would anyone be willing to help out? You can email me for further
information.

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 11, 2012, 12:17:53 PM4/11/12
Hey Zob,

I'm about to finish up act 2 of More Than Meets the Eye, part 2, and
when I looked up the transcript of the episode I noticed your bloopers
list was linked from TF Wiki's own website. It looks like you get some
credit from those folks after all!

Also, thanks for putting that list together! I enjoyed reading it!

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Zobovor

Apr 11, 2012, 9:36:10 PM4/11/12
On Apr 10, 10:56 am, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Would anyone be willing to help out? You can email me for further
> information.

I will help if you provide me with step-by-step instructions on how to
use your files. Also, it would help if you pretended that I was an
idiot.

Zob

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 12, 2012, 2:47:31 PM4/12/12
Quick question everyone.

Is if okay to post questions to you all, regarding the subtitles I'm
working on, here in this thread? I ask because I hate to have this
thing last longer than it needs to, and anyone who is using Google
Groups will have a harder time of having it not show up than those of
you using Thunderbird (I love Thunderbird's filters).

I don't want to bug everyone with my questions...

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Thaddeus Cultt

Apr 12, 2012, 3:26:15 PM4/12/12
Ultra Magnotron <ultra.m...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question everyone.
>
> Is if okay to post questions to you all, regarding the subtitles I'm
> working on, here in this thread? I ask because I hate to have this
> thing last longer than it needs to, and anyone who is using Google
> Groups will have a harder time of having it not show up than those of
> you using Thunderbird (I love Thunderbird's filters).
>
> I don't want to bug everyone with my questions...

I have no problems with it, post away!

Thaddeus Cultt
--
“In the end the only one left smiling was the Jester, and his was only
painted on…”

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 13, 2012, 4:47:30 PM4/13/12
I just recently finished up More Than Meets the Eye, parts 1-3.

More Than Meets the Eye, part 1, is a little rough still. I think
I'll spend some time on Saturday cleaning it up and fixing the
errors. The rest should be pretty much complete. Maybe they've got
a few spelling mistakes at most.

I'm really having a blast doing this.

...Link in sig.

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Travoltron

Apr 13, 2012, 6:09:50 PM4/13/12
I think the Shout DVDs have PDFs of scripts with all the lines on them.
Do you have access to those?

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 13, 2012, 6:48:20 PM4/13/12
On 4/13/2012 3:09 PM, Travoltron wrote:
> I think the Shout DVDs have PDFs of scripts with all the lines on them.
> Do you have access to those?

I'm pretty sure I do... since I have the Shout DVDs. I will look into
this and see if it's something I can take advantage of.

Thanks for the info!

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 15, 2012, 12:38:52 AM4/15/12
Update: I have just completed a bunch of corrections for More Than
Meets the Eye, part 1.

Direct link:
http://www.box.com/s/5fd033d66d0443653f9d

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 16, 2012, 12:52:15 PM4/16/12
Wow. I never really paid much attention before, but in
Transport to Oblivion a bunch of things seemed to change.
Soundwave is off model from the previous episodes, timing
is different, it's kind of a dramatic shift.

Probably pretty common in those old 80's shows, but it
still looks weird to me.

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 21, 2012, 8:04:02 PM4/21/12
I got a question... maybe this one is more for those who have experience
with subtitles?

When I began working on Transport to Oblivion the work got interesting.
This episode must have been done by a different animation studio the
the More Then Meets the Eye miniseries (or whatever you call those eps.)
because it's very different.

There is some dialogue where some power plant workers are running away
screaming from Laserbeak, and they all yell out something pretty fast.
I've been able to make out several sentences:

"He's firin' at us!"
"Get out of the way"
"Lookout! Comin' through!"
"Take cover!"
"Run for it!"

They are all yelled pretty much one ontop of the other, so I've place
two on the screen at a time and hoped that they're on screen long enough
to read.

Perhaps there is a better way?

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 22, 2012, 6:50:19 PM4/22/12
So Starscream tells Bumblebee to say his prayers in Transport to
Oblivion.

They say prayers? They have religion?

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 22, 2012, 7:58:25 PM4/22/12
Update: Transport to Oblivion subtitles have just been uploaded.

Direct Link:
https://www.box.com/s/30b8dac3e7636ea3a347

Note: They may need some adjustments. I think that one troublesome
section turned out okay.

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Zobovor

Apr 22, 2012, 11:06:20 PM4/22/12
On Apr 22, 4:50 pm, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> They say prayers? They have religion?

Not sure about that one. Prime was conversing with Spike and
Sparkplug in English, so presumably Teletraan programmed the
Transformers with human-type stuff when it rebuilt and reactivated
them. So, either he's making an ironic cultural reference to humans,
or he's a devout member of the Church of Primus of Latter-Day Johnny
Fives.

(See, because in Short Circuit, the robots were called S.A.I.N.T.S,
so... eh, forget it.)

Zob

Zobovor

Apr 23, 2012, 1:08:00 AM4/23/12
On Apr 22, 5:58 pm, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Note: They may need some adjustments. I think that one troublesome
> section turned out okay.

Gonna check it out tonight. Even though I've been e-mailing you a
little about these, I also wanted to voice my public support for what
you're doing. This is a super-cool idea that really adds a new
dimension to the episodes and, as I said before, helps people who are
deaf or hard of hearing to finally enjoy the episodes since they were
never made available with closed captions. Kudos to you, sir.

Zob

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 23, 2012, 6:17:51 PM4/23/12
Thanks, man! Especially for all your help.

I really hope the fandom can enjoy these. It would be nice if
Rhino or Shout! Factory had already done the work, but I guess
this'll do.

Travoltron

Apr 23, 2012, 6:45:20 PM4/23/12
On 4/22/2012 10:08 PM, Zobovor wrote:
I actually forwarded a link to the subs to a deaf fan that was
complaining on a board about Shout Factory's lack of subs.

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 23, 2012, 6:57:37 PM4/23/12
On 4/23/2012 3:45 PM, Travoltron wrote:
> I actually forwarded a link to the subs to a deaf fan that was
> complaining on a board about Shout Factory's lack of subs.

Nice! I kinda wish I had fixed the problems with episodes 2 and 3
a bit faster now... but whatever. If he/she has any issues please
let me know.

I keep procrastinating on those fixes. I'm gonna get them done
tonight. And that's that.

Optim_1

Apr 24, 2012, 1:24:17 PM4/24/12
On 23 avr, 01:08, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:

> Gonna check it out tonight.  Even though I've been e-mailing you a
> little about these, I also wanted to voice my public support for what
> you're doing.  This is a super-cool idea that really adds a new
> dimension to the episodes and, as I said before, helps people who are
> deaf or hard of hearing to finally enjoy the episodes since they were
> never made available with closed captions.  Kudos to you, sir.
>
> Zob

Amen!!!!!!

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 24, 2012, 1:33:35 PM4/24/12
You know I couldn't really have begun this project without Optim_1's
help. He provided the Shout DVDs to me.

Thank you very much Optim_1. How have the subtitles been working
out for you?

The one concern I have is that I think different video formats have
different timecodes, so what will be 100% on sync for an MP4 file
could potentially be off sync for an AVI. Which isn't a big deal.
You can adjust them inside your media player.

I just hope no one has noticed a timecode issue and thought it
was the subtitles...

Optim_1

Apr 24, 2012, 1:43:11 PM4/24/12
On 24 avr, 13:33, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/2012 10:24 AM, Optim_1 wrote:
>
> > On 23 avr, 01:08, Zobovor <zm...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >> Gonna check it out tonight.  Even though I've been e-mailing you a
> >> little about these, I also wanted to voice my public support for what
> >> you're doing.  This is a super-cool idea that really adds a new
> >> dimension to the episodes and, as I said before, helps people who are
> >> deaf or hard of hearing to finally enjoy the episodes since they were
> >> never made available with closed captions.  Kudos to you, sir.
>
> >> Zob
>
> > Amen!!!!!!
>
> You know I couldn't really have begun this project without Optim_1's
> help. He provided the Shout DVDs to me.
>
> Thank you very much Optim_1. How have the subtitles been working
> out for you?

Excellent so far. I like to watch a cluster of episodes so I might
wait until a few more episodes are subtitled so that I can watch them
together. But so far I have seen the subtitles in the first three
episodes and they are excellent. Thank you very much.

> The one concern I have is that I think different video formats have
> different timecodes, so what will be 100% on sync for an MP4 file
> could potentially be off sync for an AVI. Which isn't a big deal.
> You can adjust them inside your media player.

It is still a pain in the ass. That is the major drawback of external
subtitles. They have to be synched manually.

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 25, 2012, 11:38:26 AM4/25/12
Ugh. So I tried to share my subtitles with my ex-father-in-law
(hope I got that right) because he has the Shout DVDs and I
thought he'd enjoy them. It turned out to be a difficult task
because he's an Apple guy and apparently the Ipad doesn't have
any external subtitle support.

I don't know if I should just go ahead and created subtitled
videos and distribute them or not. The obvious problem there
is legal issues. If I actually create subtitled video torrents,
of copyrighted video, then aren't I guilty of some kind of
crime? I'm not really a law expert.

So... this leaves me kind of not sure what to do. Windows and
Linux PC users can get by with the external subtitles, even
though they may need to put in a little effort, but the Apple
fans are SOL (There are options, but none of them are free).

I think the real problem is that no official person had taken
every fan into account when they made the effort to distribute these
episodes for the masses. Kind of a dick move.

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Travoltron

Apr 25, 2012, 9:18:17 PM4/25/12
On 4/25/2012 8:38 AM, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> So... this leaves me kind of not sure what to do. Windows and
> Linux PC users can get by with the external subtitles,

You could do burned-in (hardcoded) subs. They are unpopular in the
anime community, but this is quite a different project.

Zobovor

Apr 25, 2012, 11:35:04 PM4/25/12
On Apr 25, 9:38 am, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know if I should just go ahead and created subtitled
> videos and distribute them or not. The obvious problem there
> is legal issues. If I actually create subtitled video torrents,
> of copyrighted video, then aren't I guilty of some kind of
> crime?

I would say distributing complete episodes would probably be the wrong
way to go. It's unfortunate that there isn't a free alternative for
every operating system, but I would suggest continuing what you're
doing. Millions of people use Windows and you'll be reaching a large
percentage of your audience this way.

Zob

Ultra Magnotron

May 1, 2012, 10:32:50 PM5/1/12
Update: Roll For It is now complete!

Direct Link:
https://www.box.com/s/9969d4235bda108cc74b

Dang thing took forever. :-P

Ultra Magnotron

May 2, 2012, 5:16:04 PM5/2/12
Just an FYI.

I got an email from a random TF fan who had heard about my
subtitles. He didn't understand why they were spot-on smooth
for the first act and then way off for the 2nd and 3rd, the
3rd act even more so.

I discovered this was because his videos did not contain the
commercial break animations that my videos do.

Yeah, so if you don't have those the subtitles will be off
once the first act finishes. Just so you know.

Zobovor

May 2, 2012, 6:54:15 PM5/2/12
On May 2, 3:16 pm, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I discovered this was because his videos did not contain the
> commercial break animations that my videos do.

I've just been using the Rhino/Shout Factory! (same thing) DVD's.
There really isn't anything else commercially available. What, is he
watching the episodes on YouTube or something?

Zob

Ultra Magnotron

May 2, 2012, 7:29:15 PM5/2/12
On 5/2/2012 3:54 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> I've just been using the Rhino/Shout Factory! (same thing) DVD's.
> There really isn't anything else commercially available. What, is he
> watching the episodes on YouTube or something?

Nope. He downloaded the entire series from some torrent site. I don't
really know much else, but I am assuming whoever ripped the DVDs also
decided it would be cool to remove those commercial break things.

I don't judge, so I didn't really pry any further.

Travoltron

May 2, 2012, 10:22:48 PM5/2/12
On 5/2/2012 4:29 PM, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> On 5/2/2012 3:54 PM, Zobovor wrote:
>> I've just been using the Rhino/Shout Factory! (same thing) DVD's.
>> There really isn't anything else commercially available. What, is he
>> watching the episodes on YouTube or something?
>
> Nope. He downloaded the entire series from some torrent site. I don't
> really know much else, but I am assuming whoever ripped the DVDs also
> decided it would be cool to remove those commercial break things.
>
> I don't judge, so I didn't really pry any further.

Were they on the Rhino ones? I can't remember. I threw those out once
the Shout sets came out.

Ultra Magnotron

May 26, 2012, 10:34:10 AM5/26/12
Update: Divide and Conquer has been uploaded.

Direct link:
https://www.box.com/s/5fd033d66d0443653f9d

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

Ultra Magnotron's Transformers Blog:
http://www.elden.co/transformers

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 9, 2012, 6:32:02 PM6/9/12
Due to some circumstances beyond my control, the Tranformers
subtitles that I've been working on have become a very low priority
for me. This is a temporary thing while I deal with some life issues that
have unexpectedly presented themselves.

Thank you,
Ultra Magnotron

--
The Transformers (G1) Subtitles:
http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8

My Transformers Blog:
http://www.elden.co/transformers

Zobovor

Jun 9, 2012, 7:04:29 PM6/9/12
On Jun 9, 4:32 pm, Ultra Magnotron <ultra.magnot...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Due to some circumstances beyond my control, the Tranformers
> subtitles that I've been working on have become a very low priority
> for me. This is a temporary thing while I deal with some life issues that
> have unexpectedly presented themselves.

No pressure. Do what you can do when you can do it. Hope everything
works out okay for you.

Zob

gapf...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2012, 11:13:41 AM6/18/12
On Monday, April 9, 2012 12:32:11 AM UTC-5, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:
> http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8
>
> I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
> any problems please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

Thanks a lot for this work, Ultra Magnotron, it's highly appreciated for us who can read in English but do not understand it perfectly when spoken. BTW: how long does it take to you create the subtitles for a single episode?

Thanks!!

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 18, 2012, 2:16:34 PM6/18/12
On 06/18/2012 08:13 AM, gapf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks a lot for this work, Ultra Magnotron, it's highly appreciated for us who can read in English
> but do not understand it perfectly when spoken. BTW: how long does it take to you create the subtitles
> for a single episode?
>
> Thanks!!

You're welcome. It usually takes several hours to complete an entire
episode, but it depends on how much dialogue it contains.

I think I'll work on S.O.S. Dinobots for a little bit this afternoon.
Can't promise it'll be done today, but I really want to get back to
doing these, so today is as good a day as any to start.

kuczu...@gmail.com

May 1, 2015, 4:22:15 AM5/1/15
W dniu poniedziałek, 9 kwietnia 2012 07:32:11 UTC+2 użytkownik Ultra Magnotron napisał:
> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:
> http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8
>
> I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
> any problems please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> My Transformers Prime Calendar:
> http://tfprime.timeshout.com/?how=month&std=2012-03-07&end=2012-03-21

Great thanks for these subtitles. I know there has been 3 years, but wouldn't you like to do some more seasons?

Zobovor

May 1, 2015, 9:47:45 AM5/1/15
On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 2:22:15 AM UTC-6, kuczu...@gmail.com wrote:

> Great thanks for these subtitles. I know there has been 3 years, but wouldn't
> you like to do some more seasons?

As best as I can recall, once we figured out that the version of Transformers available on Netflix was subtitled, it made Ultra Magnotron's project kind of redundant.

Apparently Transformers is going to be hosted by Vimeo pretty soon. Wonder if that will be subtitled? (Can't be any worse than YouTube's laughable attempts at translating what it's hearing.)

Zob

kuczu...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 7:58:21 AM5/5/15
W dniu poniedziałek, 9 kwietnia 2012 07:32:11 UTC+2 użytkownik Ultra Magnotron napisał:
> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:
> http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8
>
> I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
> any problems please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> My Transformers Prime Calendar:
> http://tfprime.timeshout.com/?how=month&std=2012-03-07&end=2012-03-21

Too bad, considering that Netflix is unavailable in my country (Poland) :/

banzait...@gmail.com

May 5, 2015, 8:22:16 PM5/5/15
On Monday, April 9, 2012 at 10:43:18 AM UTC-5, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> On 4/9/2012 8:33 AM, Zobovor wrote:
> > I'm interested in looking at it, but I don't know what I need to do in
> > order to get it to work. An SRT file is just the subtitles
> > themselves, right? So how would I go about getting the subtitles to
> > display while I was watching the episode?
> >

> > Zob
>
> In most cases you click take SRT file and drag it onto the video
> while it's playing. This is the case with VLC Media Player, Zoom
> Player, and most others.
>
> There are a few exceptions; Windows Media Player is not compatible
> with SRT files and if your video is in MPEG format, VLC Media Player
> will not be able to display the subtitles (I've registered my own
> complaint about that on the VLC forums, because other media players
> have no trouble with it).
>
> If dragging the file onto the video does not load the subtitles then
> you will have to load them from the media player's menu. I'm sure there
> is sufficient documentation available for whatever media player you're
> using, but I can try and find the info for any specific media player
> if you need me to.
So what you are saying is... it's impossible. I hate technology.

-Banzaitron (or more aptly Brawn?)

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 7, 2015, 11:04:12 PM6/7/15
Ha. Funny story. I replied to this several times the wrong way.
Because I'm awesome.

Anyway. Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and continue.

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 17, 2015, 1:17:17 AM6/17/15
Wow. I loaded up the next episode and thought I could just get right
back to work. I'm a bit rusty... Give me some extra time to finish
this current episode.

I'll go ahead say I should have it done by... uh... 06/27/2015.
And I'm going to stick by that date. :-)

gpu...@redhat.com

Jan 19, 2016, 12:03:58 PM1/19/16
Man, your efforts are highly appreciated. Here where I live, Netflix does not have the Transformers available, and my English is far from perfect, so I need the subtitles to understand everything. Can you please continue? if you need help, I could help you (remind I am not native English speaker).

Thanks and best regards.

elde...@gmail.com

May 24, 2016, 11:43:54 PM5/24/16
Yeah, I've been working on things quietly. I just can't produce
the subtitles at the pace that I was before, but I've been busy
working away.

Yeah... can't really say when my next upload will be. Soon... ish.
I have to take care of some real world stuff. Life stuff. Life
always gets in the way.

Ultra Magnotron

May 26, 2016, 2:52:04 PM5/26/16
I am going to give myself a deadline for the next episode
"The Immobilizer" and see if I can stick to it.

I should have the it done and uploaded by 06/11/2016.

If I don't feel free to call me out on it. I do want
to finish this project.

Ultra Magnotron

May 27, 2016, 1:38:48 PM5/27/16
I actually managed to finish this one way ahead of schedule.

Here is a direct link to the subtitle file:
https://app.box.com/s/t8a09k29x4l8a6adfbbdddz169csy32d

I haven't sat down and watched this to spot errors, so
if you see anything that isn't right please let me know.
I will get the corrected version uploaded ASAP.

Thank you,
Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron

May 28, 2016, 3:15:56 AM5/28/16
I am going back and fixing a lot of the older files.

More then Meets the Eye - Part 1
Updated: 05/28/2016

- Reformatted to adhere to SDH standards.
- Corrected timing errors.
- Theme song lyrics added.

Download link:
https://app.box.com/s/5fd033d66d0443653f9d

Ultra Magnotron

May 28, 2016, 2:21:59 PM5/28/16
Three freshly updated files.

More then Meets the Eye - Part 1
Updated: 05/28/2016

- Corrected format of added content to better adhere to SDH standards.
- Corrected timing errors.
- Added subtitle creation credits

Download link:
https://app.box.com/s/5fd033d66d0443653f9d

---

More then Meets the Eye - Part 2
Updated: 05/28/2016

- Reformatted content to better adhere to SDH standards.
- Corrected timing errors.
- Added subtitle creation credits

Download link:
https://app.box.com/s/5c14b4bcfc762ee9ba4d

---

More then Meets the Eye - Part 3
Updated: 05/28/2016

- Reformatted content to better adhere to SDH standards.
- Corrected timing errors.
- Added subtitle creation credits

Download link:
https://app.box.com/s/e729942d078906a83160

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 11, 2016, 8:56:57 PM6/11/16
Just an update.

All season 1 episodes have been updated. I am going to
begin working on season 2 soon, but the episodes are all
on my personal server, which will be offline until maybe
the end of the month.

As soon as I get it back online I'll begin work on the
next season 2 episode.

ranyb...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2016, 1:36:59 AM8/15/16
I downloaded your subtitles set for season 1 and they don't seem to be in sync with the DVD-rip release. I highly appreciate your work and I'm willing to help with the DVD subtitles as I'm already fixing a couple of episodes.

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 15, 2016, 5:45:44 PM8/15/16
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 10:36:59 PM UTC-7, WheelJack wrote:
> I downloaded your subtitles set for season 1 and they don't seem to be in sync with the DVD-rip release. I highly appreciate your work and I'm willing to help with the DVD subtitles as I'm already fixing a couple of episodes.

Since I moved to my new location I haven't been able to work on
the subtitles due to the Internet being... well.. let's say
it's super fussy and refuses to let me really do much of anything.

Uh... I am working on a way to fix for that problem, but focusing on your
issue, are the subtitles out of sync throughout or does it happen after
the areas where there are commercial breaks? One user complained about the
subtitles being out of sync and I discovered his issue was this episode
rips didn't include the commercial break outro and intro clips (whatever
you call those things officially).

I sync'd them up as best I could using DVD's from Shout Factory, so I don't
know if the Rhino DVDs are any different timing-wise. But! If you use
VLC to play the rips then you can change the subtitle timing in the program
to more accurate match the dialogue.

Here is a URL on VLC's subtitle delay settings:
https://wiki.videolan.org/Adjust_Subtitle_Delay/

Hopefully that helps. If you are still having trouble let me know.

WheelJack

Aug 16, 2016, 6:42:27 PM8/16/16

Yes, you're absolutely right about the commercial breaks missing from my episodes. That's the main problem. I actually use VLC, but I edit your subtitles using "SubtitleEdit" so I can have a final file to include with my episodes.

Or maybe I should get my hands on the Shout Factory release!

Anyway, I hope one day we'll get the subs for season 2.

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 16, 2016, 11:08:45 PM8/16/16
Yeah, I have a workaround for my Internet issue. I am going
to get started this Wednesday night.

Honestly life would be awesome if they just had affordable
4G home Internet. Something you just pay $50/month for and
don't need to worry about Cable or DSL.

...but that's never going to happen.

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 20, 2016, 7:03:38 PM8/20/16
Season 2 - Dinobot Island: Part 1

While the Dinobots are causing all the chaos, who
shouts "Too late!" off screen?

This exact point in the episode has "???: Too late."
as the text so far because I'm not sure who the
quote belongs to.

Partially completed subtitle file:
https://app.box.com/files/0/f/250673107/WIP

Any help is much appreciated.

Zobovor

Aug 21, 2016, 12:22:35 AM8/21/16
On Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 5:03:38 PM UTC-6, Ultra Magnotron wrote:

> While the Dinobots are causing all the chaos, who
> shouts "Too late!" off screen?

That's Wheeljack, continuing his dialogue when he's on-screen.

Zob (that hotfoot'll melt your shoes!)

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 21, 2016, 4:14:55 PM8/21/16
So Soundwave just quits giving his little cassette tapes commands.
He got lazy. Just pure laziness I tell ya!

Zobovor

Aug 21, 2016, 7:39:47 PM8/21/16
On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 2:14:55 PM UTC-6, Ultra Magnotron wrote:

> So Soundwave just quits giving his little cassette tapes commands.
> He got lazy. Just pure laziness I tell ya!

"Laserbeak, eject! Operation... um... er... ah, screw it. You know the drill by now."

Zob (activate the Ravage cassette!)

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 25, 2016, 4:42:31 AM8/25/16
Dinobot Island - Part 1 is uploaded. If you see any errors please let me know.

https://app.box.com/files/0/f/614903104/1/f_92969030308

Ultra Magnotron

Dec 9, 2016, 6:46:21 PM12/9/16
Dinobot Island - Part 2 was uploaded a while back. I'm not 100% happt with it, but I'm working to get season 2 done ASAP.

https://app.box.com/s/41t5f3lbbevsfpiityliszcx1r50ckv4

fendy....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 4:30:34 AM3/8/17
On Monday, April 9, 2012 at 12:32:11 PM UTC+7, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:
> http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8
>
> I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
> any problems please let me know.
>
> Thanks.

hello..

I'm fendy. can you share link transformers G1 subtitle season 2 - 4..?
I hope you help me because i'm already stuck find subtitle at google.

Thanks a lot

li...@mojo-touch.com

Apr 13, 2017, 7:25:05 AM4/13/17
On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 1:46:21 AM UTC+2, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> Dinobot Island - Part 2 was uploaded a while back. I'm not 100% happt with it, but I'm working to get season 2 done ASAP.
>
> https://app.box.com/s/41t5f3lbbevsfpiityliszcx1r50ckv4

Thank you. Is there a folder link to your completed S2 subs ? Did you had time to do subtitles for episodes S02E05 and up ?

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 14, 2017, 8:02:17 PM4/14/17
The guilt. It eats at me...

I have found my time being eaten up by so many things. I haven't been able to finish Season 2, and I feel terrible about it!!

But because of the guilt I'm going to spend some money on some new PC equipment and hopefully it'll make this project easier to finish. I get my next paycheck on the 21st and after that the only delay will be whatever shipping takes to get the equipment to me and the time it'll take to install that equipment.

Anyway, sorry this has taken so long. I just need to my butt down and do this thing! Which I will. Soon as I get that equipment.

Ultra Magnotron

Apr 18, 2017, 10:54:51 AM4/18/17
On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 4:25:05 AM UTC-7, li...@mojo-touch.com wrote:
> Thank you. Is there a folder link to your completed S2 subs ? Did you had time to do subtitles for episodes S02E05 and up ?

TF G1 Season 2 link:
https://app.box.com/s/vcgfc5xjlqwoa0pukjzw

No, I haven't been able to finish season 2 yet. I'm going to be working on the rest of the episodes soon.

Ultra Magnotron

May 8, 2017, 11:02:16 AM5/8/17
I just got everything together to continue working on the episodes.

Zobovor

May 8, 2017, 12:15:10 PM5/8/17
On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 9:02:16 AM UTC-6, Ultra Magnotron wrote:

> I just got everything together to continue working on the episodes.

You're amazing. I commend you for your dedication to this project!

Zob (can't believe this thread started in 2012)

Ultra Magnotron

May 9, 2017, 12:07:03 AM5/9/17
Quick question everyone. In Traitor, the next episode I'm working on, Starscream starts shooting everything after Megatron orders him to. He says something like "It's as you ordered, mighty Megatron." or is it "It is as you ordered..." ???

I dunno. Laser sound effect kind of gets in the way. Anyone have a better ear than mine?

Ultra Magnotron

May 10, 2017, 3:57:53 AM5/10/17
Traitor has just been completed and uploaded.

I haven't really gone through it with a fine-toothed comb to find errors, so if you notice any please let me know.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/dlmn6tbaxuksgx8l01mbxxy8zuyt73xl

Ultra Magnotron

May 19, 2017, 1:41:33 AM5/19/17
Enter the Nightbird has been uploaded.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/yszt7sovz9zdneeph82gxckpropns76h

Ultra Magnotron

May 26, 2017, 1:49:42 AM5/26/17
Changing Gears has just been uploaded.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/k1oek8831qvg2evas1zbszunvt34pt7t

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 16, 2017, 1:48:28 AM6/16/17
A Prime Problem has just been uploaded.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/nxoo8v9qntswxmxh0tmvm8j4esfbt925

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 26, 2017, 10:38:24 PM6/26/17
Atlantis Arise has just been uploaded.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/wobd7w3zv95k10iu32vcvfofslkfxayv

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 30, 2017, 12:23:38 AM6/30/17
Attack of the Autobots has just been uploaded.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/2xruwimlzakcziugm480wngen0eq4b2u

(Still better than TF 5's Prime vs. Bumblebee scene!)

myster...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 6:55:44 PM7/25/17
Greetings!
Forgive me if you already answered this, but I was curious to what you are doing in terms of sources, because I know that the original scripts are out there somewhere...however, for those dedicated fans such as yourself, most of us know where to look for spelling at a minimum, but that seems like a giant hassle. Watching the episodes and transcribing maybe? (hated that in the Army) Please understand though, I am an Army retiree, and due to my legal background within the military as a paralegal, subtitles help keep the demon monkeys at bay ;-) so I would very much like to say thank you for your hard work and dedication, I was retired from the military at 26 and I am permanently disabled, these episodes bring me back to good childhood memories (& G.I. Joe, of course) THANK YOU! Maybe we'll get lucky whenever they get around to releasing G1 on Blu-ray and get subtitles then so you don't have to! Carpe Noctum!

myster...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2017, 7:01:36 PM7/25/17
Of course! I bet Starscream quoted 'The Covenant Primus' all the time during his patented annoying subterfuge-esque style rants! :)

Ultra Magnotron

Jul 26, 2017, 11:16:59 PM7/26/17
On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 3:55:44 PM UTC-7, myster...@gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings!
> Forgive me if you already answered this, but I was curious to what you are doing in terms of sources, because I know that the original scripts are out there somewhere...however, for those dedicated fans such as yourself, most of us know where to look for spelling at a minimum, but that seems like a giant hassle. Watching the episodes and transcribing maybe? (hated that in the Army) Please understand though, I am an Army retiree, and due to my legal background within the military as a paralegal, subtitles help keep the demon monkeys at bay ;-) so I would very much like to say thank you for your hard work and dedication, I was retired from the military at 26 and I am permanently disabled, these episodes bring me back to good childhood memories (& G.I. Joe, of course) THANK YOU! Maybe we'll get lucky whenever they get around to releasing G1 on Blu-ray and get subtitles then so you don't have to! Carpe Noctum!

As mush as I would love to get my hands a complete set of Transformers scripts, I am simply doing this the old fashioned way. I write out the subtitles as I watch the show.

If I am not sure on spelling I will Google it. Transformers Wiki has been pretty handy for correct spelling of items, such as the korlonium crystals, and character names. I'm only human, though. I can make mistakes and not catch them before they get uploaded. If you find anything that doesn't look right please let me know.

You're welcome for the subtitles. And thank YOU for your service in the military! :-)

Ultra Magnotron

Jul 26, 2017, 11:17:56 PM7/26/17
I have just completed and uploaded Microbots.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/vtqqekwk582ymssr7bnlm1y11s5pyl0f

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 3, 2017, 10:54:44 PM8/3/17
Delays! Sadly my hard drive crashed and I need to replace it before I can continue my work.

No worries. I'm an IT Professional and backed everything up! I would have prevented this from happening in the first place, but I got too busy with other things in life and quit paying attention to the drive's failing health.

Welp. Like I said no work has been lost, but I won't have the next episode uploaded until Tuesday at the earliest.

Sorry,
Ultra Magnotron

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 8, 2017, 1:23:49 AM8/8/17
I have uploaded The Insecticon Syndrome.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/va7742ux5h3xnmckwougpcyo3yjkn5ap

Ultra Magnotron

Aug 11, 2017, 1:06:55 AM8/11/17
I have uploaded Day of the Machines.

Link:
https://app.box.com/s/mj7q30gojawai38no5eov5a3kmhmmzk2

tranfor...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2018, 1:41:46 PM3/31/18
dear Ultra Magnotron , thank you very much about this project which you've done in those years
im happy that still have a G1 fan
im' from viet nam,and i gonna sub G1 too, your project is very useful.
but i wondering why did you stop this great project ?
hope u can read this and reply me soon!
again ,thank for the sub!!

cirello.n...@gmail.com

May 20, 2020, 6:44:57 AM5/20/20
Hi guys! I am searching for the G1 subtitles from episode 30 to 65...this prject was very appreciated, why you stopped it?

thanks a lot

josep...@msn.com

Aug 15, 2020, 6:48:01 PM8/15/20
On Monday, 9 April 2012 15:32:11 UTC+10, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> I don't know how many of you are interested in these, but I'm going to
> go ahead and share the link to my G1 subtitles with you all.
>
> Link:
> http://www.box.com/s/931509f9d6b565d675d8
>
> I think I'll be able to upload at least one a week. If you do experience
> any problems please let me know.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> My Transformers Prime Calendar:
> http://tfprime.timeshout.com/?how=month&std=2012-03-07&end=2012-03-21

You seem to be the only one doing this. I hope you will continue and finish the work. Cheers!

Thomas McWhinney

Jun 6, 2022, 5:39:52 AM6/6/22
Hello,

I'm currently cleaning up the subtitles for the original Spiderman series and stumbled upon this. I would be happy to contribute towards the completion of this project in whatever capacity.

Have a good day.