Is it possible?

banzait...@gmail.com

May 19, 2016, 11:39:12 PM5/19/16
ATT,

Ebay is flooded with CW deluxe groove, some for $30 with free shipping. One guy has sold 127 of them!!!! My question is:

Is it possible that there are KO grooves out?

-banzaitron

Zobovor

May 19, 2016, 11:45:23 PM5/19/16
On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 9:39:12 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Is it possible that there are KO grooves out?

My suspicion is that they're not knockoffs, but genuine toys that were smuggled out of the factory. Factory workers make so little that a lot of them try to supplement their income by selling stolen merchandise on the side.

Zob (removed from the packaging to "reduce shipping costs"... yeah, sure)

Ramen Junkie

May 29, 2016, 9:44:07 AM5/29/16
I think it got a regular mass release in Thailand or something, maybe
they are coming from there.

--
Ramen Junkie

Supreme Dictator for Life alt.games.final-fantasy

Zobovor

Jun 2, 2016, 7:15:53 PM6/2/16
On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 9:39:12 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> Ebay is flooded with CW deluxe groove, some for $30 with free shipping.

I just went ahead and got one today. I figure it's the cheapest I'm ever likely to see the toy, especially since all the online retailers are already sold out.

Zob (it's like they went out of their way to sell the toy with as little fanfare as possible)

No One In Particular

Jun 3, 2016, 11:53:42 AM6/3/16
Annoying, ain't it? I've had it on preorder for a month from a place I
have never ordered from before, but the chances of getting lucky and
just happening to find it for sale on BBTS or somewhere seemed remote.
Every time it goes up it sells out in about five minutes.

Zobovor

Jun 3, 2016, 7:00:15 PM6/3/16
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 9:53:42 AM UTC-6, No One In Particular wrote:

> Every time it goes up it sells out in about five minutes.

It's like there are people just sitting at home hitting the "reload" button on the web sites over and over. (I did find a site that still had it for sale, but it was like in the Netherlands or someplace and they were charging the equivalent of $70 or $80 USD.)

Well, whatever! I've got my Groove coming to me from... uh... (checks eBay auction) coming from Tampa, Florida as we speak!

Zob (hope he doesn't smell like oranges... aw, hell, who am I kidding, I love the smell of oranges. Squeeze me a glass of Tropicana, bitch)

No One In Particular

Jun 3, 2016, 10:49:23 PM6/3/16
I don't know how other folks do it-they always seem to be able to find
things on Amazon or Hasbro Toy Shop. Maybe they have some kind of web
alarms or something. Just seems like magic to me.

banzait...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 11:56:17 PM6/3/16
At the risk of sounding g like a bragging a-hole, I did finally find him. I spend so much of my income at bbts, they emailed me when he became available and I immediately ordered him. $24.99, so definitely not a deal.
I've been a bit frustrated with the toy. He is very difficult to get into motorcycle mode solidly. His back wheel doesn't snap together, and it was very difficult to get his legs to snap together. On the plus side, he seems to be of a bit higher quality than the other cw toys. His two guns have three different colors, two of which are transparent. I can't think of another transformer that has such a weapon?

-Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat

Jun 5, 2016, 3:13:25 PM6/5/16
If Rook wasn't such a great toy, I would go out of my way to get Groove, I
suppose, but I love my Rook.

I'm probably getting the Takara Computron set, so I'll get the mold there,
and it will be futuristic which makes it a lot easier to forgive the
vehicle mode being not much of a motorcycle.

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.