When were the originally-unnamed G1 seekers (Acid Storm, Sunstorm, etc.) first named?

Rodimus_2316

Jun 22, 2017, 4:02:17 PM6/22/17
I know they were originally nameless and toyless in G1, but sometime after G1 they all got names. Just want to know when for each one.

Thanks again, guys.

- Rodimus_2316

Zobovor

Jun 23, 2017, 10:26:37 PM6/23/17
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 2:02:17 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> I know they were originally nameless and toyless in G1, but sometime after G1
> they all got names. Just want to know when for each one.

They didn't all get names. Most of the generic background characters have never been acknowledged by the official sources.

Pretty sure it was Dreamwave that named Sunstorm, but I can't tell you a series or issue number. It's hard to say whether he's the orange jet from "More Than Meets the Eye" part 1 or the yellow jet from "Divide and Conquer," since his colors don't really correspond to either animated character. I tend to refer to the one from MTMtE by the name Heatwave and I call the "Divide and Conquer" one Goldwing, but that's me.

I want to say Acid Storm was named by Hasbro when they released the Generations toy back in 2008. He's allegedly one of the three Rainmakers from "Divide and Conquer," even though he's the wrong shade of green and turns into an Earth jet. (My fan name for him is Limelight.)

I don't believe the blue one of the Rainmakers trio has ever received an official name, though lots of fans call him names like Hailstorm or Ice Storm for the sake of nomenclatural symmetry. (I call him Blue Moon.)

Zob (they are my adopted children and I am very protective of them)

Zobovor

Jul 6, 2017, 1:13:46 AM7/6/17
On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 2:02:17 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> Just want to know when for each one.

Oh, there was also the BotCon 2013 "Rainmakers" set. It didn't actually feature characters in the colors of the Rainmakers from the cartoon episode, though. Anyway, there was Sunstorm, plus a teal one called Bitstream and a purple one called Hotlink.

Zob (trolling eBay for older exclusives just so see what I can get on the cheap)