Power of the Primes Repugnus and Counterpunch Exist, Apparently

Zobovor

May 6, 2018, 9:26:23 PM5/6/18
There's an online Amazon listing (Canadian, not that we hold that against them) for a Repugnus toy:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0785P78QD

As well as a domestic listing for a Counterpunch toy:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077ZBCPDV

Repugnus is listed as being 4.54 kilograms in weight, and a quick cross-check seems to confirm this makes him a Legends-class toy. So, a probable Slash/Cindersaur redeco/remold, in my estimation.

The Counterpunch product, meanwhile, is 10" x 7" x 2.5" in size, which seems to match the measurements of Deluxe-class packaging. My first thought is a redeco of Combiner Wars Wheeljack, but this was already done by the Collector Club Subscription Service last year. It's not completely unheard of for exclusive toys to eventually get similar-but-different retail versions (BotCon Thundercracker/Thrust come to mind), and I'm at a loss to cite a toy that would make a better Counterpunch.

Since 2017 was the last year of the Subscription Service, I guess it's possible Hasbro ended up with some extra Counterpunch toys to unload, and they're offering them through Amazon. I don't know how many Subscription Service toys were typically produced/sold, so I'm not sure how realistic this idea really is.

Zob (kind of wants a toy that can do both Punch and Counterpunch modes, but one step at a time, I suppose...)

Zobovor

Jun 16, 2018, 7:33:53 PM6/16/18
On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 7:26:23 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> I'm at a loss to cite a toy that would make a better Counterpunch.

There's some new information about the Amazon listing for this toy:

https://amzn.to/2tdHM2Q

Of note is that it is definitely a Deluxe-class toy, and transforms to "Autobot, Decepticon, and sports car." So, definitely not a Combiner Wars Wheeljack redeco.

The Amazon listing also specifically mentions that the toy is "designed to reflect the G1 release with two distinct robot modes," so it almost sounds like it's a new toy SPECIFICALLY designed to resemble Punch/Counterpunch and not just some random toy that they slapped some different paint on and called it good.

He comes with a Prime Master named Prima as well as two accessories (a gun for Punch and a gun for Counterpunch, I would assume).

Zob (excited)