Zob's Thoughts on Titans Return Pizza Delivery Seaspray

Travoltron

Apr 13, 2018, 2:09:32 PM4/13/18
So TakaraTomy FINALLY released this toy.
What is this pizza box thing with the red... lights(?) supposed to
represent?

David Connell

Apr 13, 2018, 2:44:51 PM4/13/18
Tasty, cheesy goodness. :-)

No One In Particular

Apr 14, 2018, 9:12:00 PM4/14/18
A missile pod, I believe.

Brian

Travoltron

Apr 15, 2018, 8:04:10 PM4/15/18
On 4/14/2018 6:11 PM, No One In Particular wrote:
> A missile pod, I believe.

Is this something he had on the show in an episode?
Some sort of real-world hovercraft thing I'm unaware of?

I'm just... baffled as to why it exists. People are telling me Outback
won't have a gun, but Seaspray has a pizza box.

No One In Particular

Apr 15, 2018, 10:41:35 PM4/15/18
Not so far as I know or recall. It's just a way of turning a random
piece of kibble into a "weapon" I believe.

Brian

banzait...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2018, 11:53:36 PM4/15/18
TR seaspray really took it in the shorts for that weapon. I get that it is not a human looking weapon. But gee, these are alien robots. Who says their weapons have to look like human rifles and hand guns. Don’t get me wrong, I’d be miserable if every toy came with a pizza box gun. But the fandom needs to have a little imagination now and then. Perhaps it’s some sort of mind control weapon, or perhaps not a weapon at all but a teleportation device or a nucleon power generator (remember nucleon?).
I think this seaspray was fantastic. And most of his peers came with no weapon at all, so there’s that. Also, this weapon reminds me of one of wheeljacks contraptions that he built. I can’t remember the exact episode in my advancing age, but I remember him having a weapon of a vaguely similar shape (was it the anti-immobilizer Ray?)

-Banzaitron (ate pizza today)

David Connell

Apr 16, 2018, 10:06:25 AM4/16/18
Clearly he was hanging out with Donatello.

Zobovor

Apr 17, 2018, 12:00:22 AM4/17/18
On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 9:53:36 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> TR seaspray really took it in the shorts for that weapon. I get that it is
> not a human looking weapon. But gee, these are alien robots. Who says their
> weapons have to look like human rifles and hand guns.

Transformers figures are basically the modern equivalent of toy soldiers. With that in mind, they're almost required to be humanoid. I mean, by your line of reasoning, why do they have to have two arms and two legs and a head? Couldn't they have six arms and treads? Or ten wheels and guns where the arms should be? The farther away from the human form you get, the more alien they are and the harder it is to relate to them.

So, we're being subliminally trained to equate Transformers toys, and by extension their accessories, with some sort of real-life equivalent. Almost without exception, they carry guns and swords as weapons. On the rare occasion that they deviate, it confuses us. Transmetal Tarantulas was the butt of jokes for many years because it looked like he was armed with a pizza cutter. Depth Charge shot pizzas out of his chest. Basically, if your primary means of offense involves pizza, we can't take you seriously. What they have in common is that there's no real-life weapon equivalent for what they were armed with.

Putting all that aside, though, there's also the cool factor. There are lots of made-up weapon designs that still manage to look pretty cool. A rectangular white box does not look cool. It just makes Seaspray look like he carries less than $20 in change.

Zob (if pizza were outlawed, only outlaws would have pizza)

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Apr 18, 2018, 2:31:16 AM4/18/18
On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 9:00:22 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> On Sunday, April 15, 2018 at 9:53:36 PM UTC-6, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > TR seaspray really took it in the shorts for that weapon. I get that it is
> > not a human looking weapon. But gee, these are alien robots. Who says their
> > weapons have to look like human rifles and hand guns.
>
> Transformers figures are basically the modern equivalent of toy soldiers. With that in mind, they're almost required to be humanoid. I mean, by your line of reasoning, why do they have to have two arms and two legs and a head? Couldn't they have six arms and treads? Or ten wheels and guns where the arms should be? The farther away from the human form you get, the more alien they are and the harder it is to relate to them.

I think a FauxG1 style with extra arms or four legs or something would be much more relatable than the Movieverse toys which all have a humanoid shape covered in spikes.

PrimeRID added Fix-It to the cast, who had wheels for legs, but was a friendly, kid-lovable character. The Movieverse had some scooter thing that was no less worse than any movie Autobot.

And, it would definitely work for Decepticons. (Movieverse had a bunch of non-humanoid Decepticons)

> So, we're being subliminally trained to equate Transformers toys, and by extension their accessories, with some sort of real-life equivalent. Almost without exception, they carry guns and swords as weapons. On the rare occasion that they deviate, it confuses us. Transmetal Tarantulas was the butt of jokes for many years because it looked like he was armed with a pizza cutter.

It was a great pizza cutter.

> Depth Charge shot pizzas out of his chest.

Disks. Like Laser Optimus Prime, Nightscream, and a bunch of others.

> Basically, if your primary means of offense involves pizza, we can't take you seriously. What they have in common is that there's no real-life weapon equivalent for what they were armed with.

Tarantulas's pizza cutter was a round chainsaw.

> Putting all that aside, though, there's also the cool factor. There are lots of made-up weapon designs that still manage to look pretty cool. A rectangular white box does not look cool. It just makes Seaspray look like he carries less than $20 in change.

Also, all the PotP Limb-bots with their Primemaster covers as weapons...

Zobovor

Apr 18, 2018, 6:37:24 PM4/18/18
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 12:31:16 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

>> Depth Charge shot pizzas out of his chest.
>
> Disks. Like Laser Optimus Prime, Nightscream, and a bunch of others.

No, Cheetor called them "power pizzas" in one episode. They're officially pizzas.

Zob (officially loves pizza)