Titans Return Grotusque Listed on Toys "R" Us Web Site

Zobovor (the Man with All the Toys)

Dec 9, 2017, 1:33:02 AM12/9/17
I had a feeling this would happen eventually, since for a while, doing a keyword search for "Grotusque" took you to a Transformers sub-page without showing a listing for him specifically. The web site recognized the name in preparation for having him up for sale.

As of this writing, he is not currently available to purchase, though if the whole messy business Arcee is any indication, this could change at any time. (Arcee, meanwhile, IS available for purchase, at a limit of two per customer, in case you haven't snagged her yet.)

Zob (and like that guy in the Toyota commercial says, why wouldn'tcha?)

banzait...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2017, 12:50:30 AM12/13/17
I used their "notify me when item is in stock feature". two days later I got an email stating it was back in stock. By the time I got around to trying to order it, I missed the boat. I was having email issues (long story, lost phone) so I didn't get the notification for 48 hours. Totally my fault. Hopefully they will get some more...

-banzaitron (I re-registered to get notified)

Zobovor (the Man with All the Toys)

Dec 13, 2017, 8:38:51 AM12/13/17
On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 10:50:30 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> I used their "notify me when item is in stock feature". two days later I got
> an email stating it was back in stock. By the time I got around to trying
> to order it, I missed the boat.

Uh, wow. I've been checking the site at every opportunity (in the morning before work, at lunch break, after work, several times throughout the evening, in the middle of the night) and I just assumed it had never been in stock.

Well, maybe once he hits market saturation, I can get him on eBay for $30 or $40 instead of $125. Sigh.

Zob (I thought I was done playing this game after Arcee...)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Dec 13, 2017, 11:20:03 AM12/13/17
This is the new game, it will never end.

Travoltron

Dec 13, 2017, 1:30:52 PM12/13/17
The webpage looks the same for me since it first popped up.
"Limit 2 items per customer • limited stock"
And it doesn't let me add to cart. Greyed out.

banzait...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2017, 12:09:36 AM12/14/17
I think it was a false alarm. After I reregistered, I got another "your item is in stock" email within 24 hours. I clicked the link they sent me and again the item was out of stock. Guessing the first one was bogus as well. I just figured I missed out since I didn't get to it until a couple days later. Lame....

-Banzaitron

Zobovor (the Man with All the Toys)

Dec 14, 2017, 12:32:30 AM12/14/17
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 10:09:36 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:

> I think it was a false alarm. Guessing the first one was bogus as well. I
> just figured I missed out since I didn't get to it until a couple days later.

I think they're just doing this to get us all hyped up about this stupid Twinferno remold. Had he been sold at retail, Grotusque would have just been another Breakaway or Quake: an unremarkable reuse of a previous toy. As it stands now, he's the current must-have toy of Titans Return. It's diabolical, I tells ya.

Zob (my cat is making duck noises when she sneezes)

Zobovor (the Man with All the Toys)

Dec 16, 2017, 7:39:16 PM12/16/17
Update: It hasn't been available for sale yet. Apparently the false e-mails were triggered by some updates they were doing to the product page. They reportedly have seven thousand units in their warehouse ready to ship, though.

7000 sounds like a lot, but even if it's sold only in the USA (which seems likely), that's only 140 per each U.S. state. Suddenly it doesn't sounds like a lot at all.

Zob (never been this interested in Grotusque before)

Travoltron

Dec 17, 2017, 4:04:18 PM12/17/17
How do you sign up for a notification? I'm not seeing it.

banzait...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2017, 11:56:03 PM12/21/17
Hmm. It appears they removed the option. Guessing the train has left the station for getting this toy, barring a Christmas miracle. CAN YOU HEAR ME SANTA?!

-Banzaitron

Zobovor (the Man with All the Toys)

Dec 22, 2017, 12:11:00 AM12/22/17
Just to clarify, it's only the e-mail notification option that's been removed. Grotusque is still listed on the web site.

Still, those seven thousand units have to get sold at SOME point. R-right?

Zob (digital units crossed)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Dec 22, 2017, 12:41:17 AM12/22/17
From what I've been reading, people have bot programs that monitor websites of large retailers for popular Christmas items and collectibles. TRU apparently has it especially bad, many of their limited edition items are nearly impossible to get.

Sort of how it was so hard to get the NES classic last year, but there were many Amazon sellers.

banzait...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2017, 4:52:58 PM12/22/17
I don’t want to live in this world anymore

-Banzaitron