Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar Revealed

Zobovor

Mar 11, 2018, 10:39:55 PM3/11/18
As predicted, he's a redeco and partial remold of Combiner Wars Groove/Afterburner:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-power-of-the-primes-deluxe-wreckgar-revealed/40856/

The toy is expected to be a Walgreens exclusive.

I'm a little divided about him, honestly. This will be the third character represented by this particular mold (and its fourth use, since Afterburner got both a Hasbro and a differently-colored Takara version). It's suitable for Wreck-Gar inasmuch as it's a motorcycle, but he'll be missing a bunch of his most distinctive features (chest guns, spiked wheels, etc.) and his predominantly orange color means he's really not going to be all that different than either version of Afterburner.

It's nice to get a new version of Wreck-Gar (the Reveal the Shield version from 2011 was oddly asymmetrical and I barely consider the Combiner Wars toy from 2016 an update for the character at all; none of the toys, including the 1986 edition, have come close to capturing his look in animation). It's disappointing that they're continuing to trot out more Combiner Wars toys after we hit such heavy redeco fatigue prior to Titans Return, but I guess they know they're getting our money regardless.

Zob (plastic crack addict)

William A. Rendfeld

Mar 12, 2018, 11:39:27 AM3/12/18
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 10:39:55 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
> As predicted, he's a redeco and partial remold of Combiner Wars Groove/Afterburner:
>
> https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-power-of-the-primes-deluxe-wreckgar-revealed/40856/
>
> The toy is expected to be a Walgreens exclusive.

I'm okay with getting him, as it means we get a little closer to having a third complete combiner for PotP. Especially considering we're also all but confirmed to be getting the Takara version of Blast Off.

Zobovor

Mar 12, 2018, 7:45:45 PM3/12/18
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 9:39:27 AM UTC-6, William A. Rendfeld wrote:

> I'm okay with getting him, as it means we get a little closer to having a third
> complete combiner for PotP. Especially considering we're also all but confirmed
> to be getting the Takara version of Blast Off.

Yeah, but what are the teams going to look like? Elita 1 with Jazz, Moonracer, Novastar, and Wreck-Gar? What the hell is the theme there? Characters who... have met Optimus Prime?

Same with Blast Off. Is he supposed to go with Starscream and Blackwing and Dreadwind and... whoever else? Another Dreadwind, so one of them can carry two guns?

Zob (likes two guns)

David Connell

Mar 13, 2018, 9:29:30 AM3/13/18
I plan on using Buster, Hydra, shuttle Blast Off and Offroad with Screamer. Unless I can find Vortex for a reasonable price so I can do an all-flyer team.

As for Wreck-Gar? I'll probably just have him hang out with Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.

William A. Rendfeld

Mar 13, 2018, 11:21:00 AM3/13/18
On Monday, March 12, 2018 at 7:45:45 PM UTC-4, Zobovor wrote:
Blast Off would definitely go with Starscream. Undecided on Wreck Gar, but he'd probably go with Jazz and the upcoming Inferno.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Mar 13, 2018, 6:15:40 PM3/13/18
We really needed Junkion to be the limb bot and Wreck Gar to be the voyager. Planet Junk All-Star.

Zobovor

Jun 18, 2018, 11:17:49 PM6/18/18
On Sunday, March 11, 2018 at 8:39:55 PM UTC-6, Zobovor wrote:

> The toy is expected to be a Walgreens exclusive.

Word on the street is that he's coming in September!

Zob (semi-excited)

Rodimus_2316

Jun 25, 2018, 1:19:29 PM6/25/18
I went to the link and got a "This site can’t be reached" message. :(

- Rodimus_2316

Travoltron

Jul 16, 2018, 4:03:17 PM7/16/18
On 3/11/2018 7:39 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> The toy is expected to be a Walgreens exclusive.

Is this true and will there be other exclusives?
I just preordered the Japanese release to be safe.

Zobovor

Jul 16, 2018, 7:53:22 PM7/16/18
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 2:03:17 PM UTC-6, Travoltron wrote:

> Is this true and will there be other exclusives?

Wreck-Gar is listed in the Walgreens computer:

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2017/07/Wreckgreens1.jpg

He's the only Transformers exclusive I'm aware of for 2018.

Zob (got two hours of sleep last night, and boy are my arms gjkldf;dssdf)