[SONG]The G1 Connection

Sky Shadow

Jun 27, 2004, 4:39:47 AM6/27/04
I wrote this a while back, but didn't want to offend anyone so I never
posted it. Now it doesn't look like there's anyone left on ATTCM to offend,
so here it is:
--

*The G1 Connection.* (To the tune of *The Rainbow Connection* by Kermit the
Frog.)

Why are there so many rules about posting
Upon ATTCM?
Surely the Nemesis was always the Nemesis
And not the Star Drive way back when.

It's not that they don't understand any changes:
They know that Goldbug's Bumblebee.
Someday they'll find it
The G1 connection:
The Prowls and the 'Screamers and me.

What is not classic about Beast Wars Ravage
When Machine Wars isn't OT?
G1 is great but that's mainly nostalgia.
G1 never won an Emmy

(Though Robert from Everybody Loves Raymond
Was Trypticon in Season 3.)
Someday they'll find it
The G1 connection:
The Prowls and the 'Screamers and me.

Some of us at ATT
Think ATTCM is crazy.

If things get quiet we can just mention Nightbird:
There's plenty to say about that.
Saying she's sentient is not that impressive:
I could say the same about my cat.

I just don't get those guys' personal canon
(Should that be 'continuity?')
Someday they'll find it
The G1 connection:
The Prowls and the 'Screamers and me.
La la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la!

--
Sky Shadow...
--

From 'Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1' by The Flaming Lips.

Brian Doyle

Jun 27, 2004, 7:37:10 AM6/27/04

"Sky Shadow" <skye_s...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I wrote this a while back, but didn't want to offend anyone so I never
> posted it. Now it doesn't look like there's anyone left on ATTCM to
offend,
> so here it is:

Okay, that's warped, twisted, and absolutely spot on accurate... Congrats!
:)

Túrin

Jun 27, 2004, 12:21:31 PM6/27/04
Sky Shadow wrote:

> I wrote this a while back, but didn't want to offend anyone so I never
> posted it. Now it doesn't look like there's anyone left on ATTCM to offend,
> so here it is:
> --
>
> *The G1 Connection.* (To the tune of *The Rainbow Connection* by Kermit the
> Frog.)

I like!

Now write one to "Moving Right Along." That's a cool song.

Túrin

Bermuda Mohawk

Jun 27, 2004, 3:34:45 PM6/27/04
> What is not classic about Beast Wars Ravage
> When Machine Wars isn't OT?
> G1 is great but that's mainly nostalgia.
> G1 never won an Emmy

So what catagory was this Emmy in? And who did they beat to get it? Just
curious if you know.

--Dave

Not new, just repackaged.

Contact me at: bermudamohawk(a)yahoo.com

"I strongly suspect that Japanese people did this translation job, because
the grammar is awful. I mean, I'm not fluent in Italian or anything, but I
took enough years of Spanish to know when things are messed up"

Brian Doyle

Jun 27, 2004, 4:08:17 PM6/27/04

"Bermuda Mohawk" <deada...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > What is not classic about Beast Wars Ravage
> > When Machine Wars isn't OT?
> > G1 is great but that's mainly nostalgia.
> > G1 never won an Emmy
>
> So what catagory was this Emmy in? And who did they beat to get it? Just
> curious if you know.

Courtesy of a google search and Ben Yees website

"Mainframe Entertainment CEO Christopher Brough today congratulated
Production Designer Clyde Klotz as he was honoured by the American Academy
of Television with the Emmy for Outstanding Individual Achievement in
Animation -- Production Design for 1997 for his work on Mainframe's hit
children's television series Beast Wars'. "

SteveD

Jun 30, 2004, 10:46:47 AM6/30/04
Túrin <morm...@nospam.knoledge.org> meticulously glued three electrons
together and said:

Do I hear a choice of topic?

No?

All over the place, then.

Scratching down a filk to lyrics someone's requested
Or maybe suggested,
I hope that I won't break it
Muppetational in scope
My goal: to remake it
Or failing that, fake it (Ya!)
I'll find a goal and there I'll take it

How about a line
That speaks of TV shows?
Is G1 the best or is it overexposed?

What about a verse
(Wait a mo, wait a mo)
That says the comics are best?
Pick a continuity and throw out the rest.

Movie threads can sometimes get a bit controversial
A two-hour commercial
For Hasbro corporation
Killed off half the G1 cast, ol' Starscream was toasted
(He came back re-ghosted)
Was Season Three an abberation?

Moving' right along - hey, G2, where did you go?
Wait 'till ninety six to see a new TV show.

Then we have the Beasts
(not a truck, not a truck!)
The fuzzballs stole the show
Love it, hate it, Beast Machines would change what we know.

Ladder truck for Prime, and fighting Predacon forces
With lengthy discourses
But static animation
Now Armada, Energon and Dreamwave revivals
Ensure the survival
Of our obsessive fascination

Alternator tech
And toys and fans and Cons