Combiner Wars Dream

Zobovor

Aug 30, 2015, 10:07:29 PM8/30/15
Today was not an exceptionally fun day today. My seven-and-a-half year old son got up super early today, slamming bathroom doors and waking up my three-year-old girl, who will usually sleep until noon if I let her. We all ended up getting up for the day, went to breakfast, and then dug out some tree roots by the fence line that the condo HOA board won't take responsibility for because they're technically not on the condo property. By mid-day, I was sleepy and physically worn out so I took a three-hour nap. Deepest sleep I've gotten all week, I think.

And then came the crazy dreams! I usually don't have Transformers dreams, truth be told. You would think that Zob would dream about Transformers all the time, but it's exceedingly rare. Today, though, I dreamed I found not one, but two complete sets of new Combiner Wars toys. In the dream, I had been expecting their release but I hadn't heard about any retail sightings and I was shocked to find them at the store.

So, one set was a batch of four Deluxe-class toys that were just redeco versions of toys I already owned. Naturally, I had to have them anyway. My dreaming mind didn't provide me with a lot of information about them, only that most of them were in G2-style fluorescent colors. One of them looked like Powermaster Ironhide from the G2 toy line, only in Action Master Thundercracker colors.

The other set was completely off the wall. All four Deluxe toys transformed into... get ready for this... bulldogs. Maybe I've been watching too much Beast Wars lately? I dunno. Anyway, the crazy thing about them was that they were all nearly identical to each other. There were indeed four separate toys, but they were all pretty much the same color. I want to generalize and say they were all black, but in truth I think one was a slate grey, one was a very dark blue, etc. They were also in slightly different poses, but I was hard pressed to distinguish them on sight.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable, but I had to check the name placards on the packaging just to make sure I was actually getting four different toys. The funny thing was they were recycled Hasbro trademarks with a twist. They had names like Starscreamz, Ironhidez, etc. Yes, with a "z" at the end, Bratz-style. I'm not sure if this was Hasbro's way of distinguishing these new toys from the G1 characters or what (like Lazorbeak or Skid-Z).

So, that's basically it. Just wanted to share.

Zob (usually dreams about cheese danishes)

No One In Particular

Aug 31, 2015, 10:01:30 AM8/31/15
On 8/30/2015 9:07 PM, Zobovor wrote:

> Zob (usually dreams about cheese danishes)

Mmm. Cheese danish...

Seems like Hasbro is missing a bet by not doing more G2 homages. The
fandom seems to crave them.

Maybe they can re-release the upcoming wave of G1 decos in G2 colors or
something...

Brian