Anyone up for some character vs. character discussions?

Rodimus_2316

Jun 20, 2016, 7:22:09 PM6/20/16
I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?

- Rodimus_2316

Zobovor

Jun 20, 2016, 7:50:26 PM6/20/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?

You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?

Zob (my money is on Devastator)

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Jun 20, 2016, 8:15:38 PM6/20/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
>
> > I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?
>
> You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?

Prince Jamal vs. Abdul Fakkadi: kickboxing.
Tracks vs. The Skuxxoid: interpretive dance
Tommy Kennedy vs. Spike: Optimus' love
Optimus vs. Radio-Controlled Optimus: Race for the Cure fundraising.
Lord Gyconi vs. Starscream: Wearing a cape with style

Movie Optimus vs. G1 Megatron: Killing

Ultra Magnotron

Jun 20, 2016, 9:00:13 PM6/20/16
Megatron v Galvatron

Megatron wins simply because I like him better and for some reason
one blast from his cannon killed a bunch of movie characters (In the
animated movie), even though his cannon never once killed anyone that
easily before or since.

The end.

...And don't be asking "How can they fight each other? They're the same guy!"
They can because I said so. Done.

David Connell

Jun 21, 2016, 8:38:38 AM6/21/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:15:38 PM UTC-4, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> > On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> >
> > > I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?
> >
> > You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?
>
> Prince Jamal vs. Abdul Fakkadi: kickboxing.
Jamal, definitely.

David Connell

Jun 21, 2016, 8:44:05 AM6/21/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 8:15:38 PM UTC-4, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> > On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> >
> > > I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?
> >
> > You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?
>
> Prince Jamal vs. Abdul Fakkadi: kickboxing.
Jamal, definitely. He's younger and faster.

> Tracks vs. The Skuxxoid: interpretive dance
It's a little-known fact that Skuxxoids are the masters of interpretive dance. Tracks wouldn't stand a chance.

> Tommy Kennedy vs. Spike: Optimus' love
Spike will always be Prime's first love, even over Aelytah Won.

> Optimus vs. Radio-Controlled Optimus: Race for the Cure fundraising.
Well, since RC Prime can't get anyone's name right, I don't see how he'd succeed at fundraising.

> Lord Gyconi vs. Starscream: Wearing a cape with style
Nobody wears a cape better than Starscream!

> Movie Optimus vs. G1 Megatron: Killing
Movie Prime killed in every major appearance. Megatron was only allowed to kill in TFTM. So Prime.

David Connell

Jun 21, 2016, 8:45:03 AM6/21/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 9:00:13 PM UTC-4, Ultra Magnotron wrote:
> Megatron v Galvatron
>
> ...And don't be asking "How can they fight each other? They're the same guy!"
> They can because I said so. Done.

Not an issue. Simon Furman worked that little problem out decades ago.

Rodimus_2316

Jun 21, 2016, 1:33:47 PM6/21/16
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
I meant in a one-on-one fight. Here's some:

Marvel G1 RoD Galvatron Vs. Star Convoy (not sure if this'd be possible as I assume few to no people have read Battlestars)

Marvel G1 RoD Galvatron Vs. Marvel G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime

G1 cartoon Rodimus Prime Vs. G1 cartoon Megatron

G1 cartoon Megatron Vs. G1 cartoon Galvatron (where they're not the same Megs/Galvy)

G1 cartoon Ultra Magnus Vs. G1 cartoon Galvatron

Here's one that's partially off-topic:

A five-faced Quintesson Vs. Frylock from ATHF

- Rodimus_2316

banzait...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2016, 8:58:57 PM6/24/16
How about G1 Rodimus Prime vs. G1 Ultra Magnus?

-Banzaitron

Rodimus_2316

Jun 27, 2016, 1:52:27 PM6/27/16
On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 5:58:57 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> How about G1 Rodimus Prime vs. G1 Ultra Magnus?
>
> -Banzaitron

That'd be another good one.

- Rodimus_2316

David Connell

Jun 27, 2016, 3:33:51 PM6/27/16
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:33:47 PM UTC-4, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> > On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> >
> > > I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?
> >
> > You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?
> >

> > Zob (my money is on Devastator)
>
> I meant in a one-on-one fight. Here's some:
>
> Marvel G1 RoD Galvatron Vs. Star Convoy (not sure if this'd be possible as I assume few to no people have read Battlestars)

Star Convoy turns into a base, so that'd be like Galvatron vs. Metroplex. Convoy would step on him!

> Marvel G1 RoD Galvatron Vs. Marvel G1 Powermaster Optimus Prime

Hmm. Well, PMOP survived against Galvatron in Time Wars, so I don't see why he wouldn't come out on top here ...

> G1 cartoon Rodimus Prime Vs. G1 cartoon Megatron

Megatron. Roddy could barely hold his own against the insane version (purely due to inexperience - he'd have improved over time). Against Megatron he wouldn't stand a chance!

> G1 cartoon Megatron Vs. G1 cartoon Galvatron (where they're not the same Megs/Galvy)

Draw - Megatron is less powerful but saner/more competent. Galvatron is less with it but has more power.

> G1 cartoon Ultra Magnus Vs. G1 cartoon Galvatron

Magnus - unless the Sweeps are backing up Galvy. Galvatron may have the edge in power, but Ultra Magnus' clear head and focus would serve him well.

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

Jun 30, 2016, 3:14:22 AM6/30/16
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 10:33:47 AM UTC-7, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 4:50:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> > On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 5:22:09 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:
> >
> > > I have some ideas in mind. Anyone like to partake?
> >
> > You've got to throw us a bone. Versus, as in which one do we like better, or who would beat whom in a no-holds-barred smackdown? Which characters did you have in mind?
> >

> > Zob (my money is on Devastator)
>
> I meant in a one-on-one fight. Here's some:

Perceptor vs. Wheeljack: Each will attempt to win through the cleverness of their inventions, and while Perceptor's lack of application experience would initially suggest that Wheeljack will win, in all likelyhood Wheeljack's invention will backfire horribly. Perceptor wins.

Soundwave vs. Shockwave: The increased depth perception of multiple optics, and the ability to grasp things with two hands puts this firmly in Soundwave's court.

Rodimus_2316

Jun 30, 2016, 5:01:07 PM6/30/16
How about G1 cartoon or comic Unicron vs. Marvel-616 Galactus?

- Rodimus_2316

Gustavo Wombat

Jul 1, 2016, 4:47:30 AM7/1/16
Galactus. He has no weakness to jewelry.

TF:Animated Sari vs. G1 Comics Circuit Breaker
G1 Predacons vs Voltron
G1 First Aid vs. GI Joe Lifeline

Skids vs. Skid-Z
2007 Movie Mudflap vs. ROTF Mudflap
BW Snarl vs. BM Snarl vs. G1 Snarl
BW Prowl the Owl, vs. TF:Animated Prowl
Car robots Eagle Killer vs. BW Silverbolt (non Fuzor)
Killbison vs. BW Bonecrusher
BW Drillbit vs. BW Terragator
Erector vs. Discharge

And finally... Masterforce Cancer vs. the disease Cancer

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

David Connell

Jul 1, 2016, 8:29:18 AM7/1/16
On Friday, July 1, 2016 at 4:47:30 AM UTC-4, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> Rodimus_2316 <rodim...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 12:14:22 AM UTC-7, Gustavo Wombat, of the
> > Seattle Wombats wrote:

> >> Perceptor vs. Wheeljack: Each will attempt to win through the cleverness
> >> of their inventions, and while Perceptor's lack of application
> >> experience would initially suggest that Wheeljack will win, in all
> >> likelyhood Wheeljack's invention will backfire horribly. Perceptor wins.
> >>
> >> Soundwave vs. Shockwave: The increased depth perception of multiple
> >> optics, and the ability to grasp things with two hands puts this firmly
> >> in Soundwave's court.
> >
> > How about G1 cartoon or comic Unicron vs. Marvel-616 Galactus?
>
> Galactus. He has no weakness to jewelry.
>
> TF:Animated Sari vs. G1 Comics Circuit Breaker
Sari.

> G1 Predacons vs Voltron
As good as the Voltron Force's teamwork is, there's no way it would be as seamless as Predaking's integration.

> G1 First Aid vs. GI Joe Lifeline
>
> Skids vs. Skid-Z
Skids would just get someone to fire a starting gun, and then take out Skid-Z when his racing compulsion kicks in.

> 2007 Movie Mudflap vs. ROTF Mudflap
2007. Just because.

> BW Prowl the Owl, vs. TF:Animated Prowl
The owl. FTA Prowl loves nature, and likely wouldn't be able to bring himself to hurt the cybercritter.

> And finally... Masterforce Cancer vs. the disease Cancer
That would depend entirely on how good the Destrons' medical plan is ...

Gustavo Wombat

Jul 2, 2016, 1:32:00 PM7/2/16
Sari is poorly motivated a lot of the time, mostly because she was written
as a much more complex and believable character. I think she would spend
too long trying to figure out why they are fighting, and Circuit Breaker
would get a few critical shots in with her machinery disruption powers.

>> 2007 Movie Mudflap vs. ROTF Mudflap
> 2007. Just because.

Definitely. 2007 is a torturer, so it will not go well for ROTF Mudflap.

>> BW Prowl the Owl, vs. TF:Animated Prowl
> The owl. FTA Prowl loves nature, and likely wouldn't be able to bring
> himself to hurt the cybercritter.
>
>> And finally... Masterforce Cancer vs. the disease Cancer
> That would depend entirely on how good the Destrons' medical plan is ...

Also, which cancer. But childhood cancers are often truly horrific.

Rodimus_2316

Jul 5, 2016, 5:19:06 PM7/5/16
How about a five-faced Quintesson Vs. Frylock from ATHF?