Is "Lord Scorpion" any good? Also, MP Prowl

Rodimus_2316

Apr 5, 2018, 9:02:19 PM4/5/18
https://tfsource.com/ironfactory/if-ex18/

I'm currently still waiting for MP Dinobot to arrive, and am pre-ordering MP G1 Prowl from the current (April) Previews book for stuff coming in June (pg. M-68). I'm pretty sure it's this:

https://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-17-plus-prowl-anime-color-edition/

IF anyone would still like a scan of the page from Previews, LMK.

- Rodimus_2316

Zobovor

Apr 5, 2018, 9:30:38 PM4/5/18
On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 7:02:19 PM UTC-6, Rodimus_2316 wrote:

> https://tfsource.com/ironfactory/if-ex18/

Looks awesome, but that's a lot of coin for a Deluxe-sized toy.

Zob (it's Marvel Comics Scorponok!)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Apr 5, 2018, 11:50:08 PM4/5/18
I got the earlier non-cartoon version of MP Prowl, and I liked him a lot, though he didn't come with the extra launchers when I got mine, just the dumb looking shoulder cannons that fold inside the car.

David Connell

Apr 6, 2018, 8:59:02 AM4/6/18
Personally, I would have hunted down the older release of MP Prowl. This "anime edition" has no visual appeal whatsoever. Even the original MP Prowl was a bit sparse, but Reprolabels were able to add in some nice toy-based deco and salvage the figure. But a Kabaya model kit has more detail than this release!

Zobovor

Apr 6, 2018, 6:45:07 PM4/6/18
On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 6:59:02 AM UTC-6, David Connell wrote:

> Personally, I would have hunted down the older release of MP Prowl. This
> "anime edition" has no visual appeal whatsoever.

Aren't they nearly the same? The anime version is missing the "HIGHWAY PATROL" markings on the doors and the windows are tinted blue. Other'n that, it's the same toy.

Zob (would have rather gotten anime Red Alert, if I'd known I would have a choice)

David Connell

Apr 9, 2018, 4:06:58 PM4/9/18
The anime version somehow manages to be even plainer than the original, and I thought the deco on the original was minimal to begin with. Reprolabels salvaged Prowl for me - if we're lucky they'll do a set for this version as well. Or the shades of black and white will be close enough that the original set will work.

I still think anime MP Prowl looks like a giant Kabaya kit.

Rodimus_2316

Jun 5, 2018, 3:59:20 PM6/5/18
Is thee "TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-17 PROWL Fairlady Z" version the good one you guys meant?

- Rodimus_2316