Some Transformers Stuff on Clearance at Walmart

Zobovor

Jul 11, 2016, 10:24:59 PM7/11/16
The home office dumped over 3000 clearance price changes for the toy department into my lap this morning. I spent all day activating them (literally my entire shift) and I didn't even get halfway done. It's impossible for a single human being. I would have had to do a price change every ten seconds, non-stop. Hell, the printers don't even print shelf tags that fast. I wish they would spread them all out instead of dropping them in one ginormous chunk. (This is all the stuff that the stores are going to stop carrying in order to make room for the new merchandise that will show up around the first week of August.)

A few Transformery things got marked down. Among them are the Robots in Disguise Minicon four-packs (went from $16.82 to $13.00), the single-pack Minicons (went from $4.93 to $4.00), and the Robots in Disguise Mega Optimus Prime (went from $29.84 to $21.00). Whether your local store has these marked down is largely dependant on where the toy department manager started and how far they got in their price changes. If you don't see them on clearance yet, maybe ask somebody if there is a pending price change and could they please activate it?

Protip: Some stores will activate price changes but not actually get around to marking the merchandise with clearance stickers or changing the shelf tag. I don't condone this practice, but I understand it. There is a big push from upper management to get price changes done quickly (and everything else, really) so you almost have to cut corners somewhere. (Me, I just refuse to cashier or go out and push carts. There's only so much time in the day. I gots stuff to do.)

The home office will likely send down follow-up price changes, but it's always a balancing act. Do you wait until the price goes down even lower, or do you buy it now before the store sells out? What are the other customers going to do? How much are they willing to pay? How low will the price get before you can't get it any longer?

Zob (it's like eBay in reverse)

banzait...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2016, 12:16:05 AM7/13/16
> I would have had to do a price change every ten seconds, non-stop.

Don't let management see that calculation. They will expect you to do it.

-Banzaitron

Earlwin

Jul 24, 2016, 4:15:16 PM7/24/16
Rob,

States can target companies, especially the big ones, if what's on the receipt and on the display are priced differently. This is why, and now I realized, you can get a discounts/rewards from big stores if you find out these discrepancies. It's just cheaper to correct them on the spot than getting fines.

Although, I don't know how these stupid rules came about, but it's really unfair for smaller biz as it is impossible to upgrade databases if they're not compatible with the databases/tables from manufacturers. Sometimes, you receive price sheets in "paper" for updates, now make that 10+ vendors/manufacturers per anum. You would have to stop doing business altogether, bathroom breaks, etc and perform data entry for a whole year for compliance.

Earlwin Famor
x.co/Earlwin

# # #

banzait...@gmail.com