OT: Finally! Oh, Sweet Ritcheous Box Office Justice

elde...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 4:50:18 PM6/14/16
Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows topped the domestic box office after its release on June 3, but the results came in well below expectations. The movie grossed just under $80 million worldwide as of June 8, which compares poorly to its production budget of $135 million.

My response: lol!!1!!!one!!! omg Michael Bay is teh l0zer.

...But seriously. Let's see this happen with Transformers.
It's about #$@%! time.

William A. Rendfeld

Jun 14, 2016, 6:57:40 PM6/14/16
...you realize that he only *produced* this film, as opposed to the greater level of creative control he has over the Transformers films?

Ugh...I'm not a fan of Michael Bay in the slightest, but I am absolutely *sick* of people bitching and complaining about the guy. IGNORE THE DAMNED MOVIES AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THEM.

...whiners...

elde...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2016, 7:03:56 PM6/14/16
Producers have more creative control than directors.

For example, Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas
couldn't use magic. Not because he director didn't
want to, but because Tim Burton said no magic. And
the director just had to do what Tim said.

One day I'd like to know what Michael bay said to the
director of TMNT. I'm pretty sure most of the crap I
hate about the film was all Michel Bay.

I just wish I had the proof... If I cared enough to
listen to the film commentary I would.

Zobovor

Jun 15, 2016, 12:23:42 AM6/15/16
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 4:57:40 PM UTC-6, William A. Rendfeld wrote:

> Ugh...I'm not a fan of Michael Bay in the slightest, but I am absolutely
> *sick* of people bitching and complaining about the guy. IGNORE THE DAMNED
> MOVIES AND STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THEM.

Some folks believe that silence implies assent. If you say nothing about the films, people might presume you must be okay with them, because you didn't offer any voice of opposition.

Michael Bay does not make excellent movies. He makes summer blockbuster popcorn-munching movies that (most of the time) make tons of money. There's a financial need for films like this, to help fund Hasbro and Playmates Toys, but it's not great filmmaking. For people who love Transformers and Ninja Turtles and recognize that it can reach levels of excellence and are disappointed that the movies don't even attempt to ascend to that level, I can understand the desire to express some strong vocal dissent.

Now, I don't visit all the message boards so I'm not aware of whatever Bay-bashing may go on there (I can probably guess, though). Maybe there are people who are just determined to hate whatever he does and express their feelings loudly and rudely without any supporting arguments. I don't think that approach is ever effective. The guy is polarizing for every fandom whose fictional universe he invades with his films, though, so I don't think he's above reproach in the slightest. And his cocky can-do-no-wrong attitude only exacerbates it. He's the Pat Lee of filmmaking. People like that need to be brought down.

Zob (just sayin')