So disappointed I'm selling it

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Mar 21, 2017, 12:09:24 AM3/21/17
Ever been so unenthused by a toy after being so excited to get it originally?

I'm feeling like that with a bunch of TR toys.

The bigger the worse as far as TR goes for me. Deluxes are near perfect. Voyagers are meh, and Fortress Maximus is pretty but terrible. I got the SDCCC exclusive for the sword, and it's just so....nothing. I had high expectations. I admit. But I was hoping at least for a city mode that transformed. Not just ship mode doing the splits. The ramps are useless in every mode. This toy is obviously aimed at collectors, yet there is so much cost-cutting from remolding Metroplex, but he loses so many features and only gains the headmasters, and a sword that breaks in to 3 parts for 2 robots capable of holding them.

I paid $170 for it from Hasbrotoyshop, it arrived unsealed, and am probably selling it for $130.

I hate to lose money so quickly, but he's a giant barely transforming brick of terrible. He doesn't even have the waist cannons. He has no hand cannons. He has no accessories besides the headmasters and the sword.

I feel a bit guilty, because even though I paid for it it was kind of a birthday gift too.

I don't know why I'm keeping Sentinel Prime. I couldn't bring myself to buy Astrotrain and have no idea why so many people are drooling over it so much. Galvatron is decentish, the ship mode not terrible and having joints is nice.

Triggerhappy is absolute;y perfect. I finally foun one and love it. It's the best part of the entire line.

Sharkticon Gnaw is a lot of fun. The ball joints are a bit annoying as they move too easily. I wish it was some kind of ratcheting joints. Also the mini shark-arms have an oval shape at the base that onlhy look right on the body at a specific angle. I miss them being round and matching up to the arms at any angle.

banzait...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2017, 12:35:14 AM3/21/17
He's definitely a disappointment, no argument there. Not to mention he takes up a LOT of room. There is really nothing worth writing home about with this toy, and you have the better of the two American releases. Hasbro really ripped us off with this extremely overpriced remold.
With that said, I wonder if in ten years if you will regret selling such a prominent toy. By then, an sdcc fort max could fetch several hundred dollars. Who knows. My solution to this problem is to throw good money after bad, as I am evaluating the 3rd party add ons to salvage this POS toy. I figure he is big and expensive enough to justify the "investment" in a $30 blaster, etc. I took this approach with my cw devastator, and was thrilled with the results. remains to be seen with my fort max, but don't think I could ever part with him. Just another disappointment in a long list of ccrappy transformer toys...

-Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat

Mar 21, 2017, 2:12:56 AM3/21/17
Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. <Ob1k...@att.net> wrote:
> Ever been so unenthused by a toy after being so excited to get it originally?
>
> I'm feeling like that with a bunch of TR toys.
>
> The bigger the worse as far as TR goes for me. Deluxes are near perfect.
> Voyagers are meh, and Fortress Maximus is pretty but terrible. I got the
> SDCCC exclusive for the sword, and it's just so....nothing. I had high
> expectations. I admit. But I was hoping at least for a city mode that
> transformed. Not just ship mode doing the splits. The ramps are useless
> in every mode. This toy is obviously aimed at collectors, yet there is so
> much cost-cutting from remolding Metroplex, but he loses so many features
> and only gains the headmasters, and a sword that breaks in to 3 parts for
> 2 robots capable of holding them.
>
> I paid $170 for it from Hasbrotoyshop, it arrived unsealed, and am
> probably selling it for $130.
>
> I hate to lose money so quickly, but he's a giant barely transforming
> brick of terrible. He doesn't even have the waist cannons. He has no hand
> cannons. He has no accessories besides the headmasters and the sword.
>
> I feel a bit guilty, because even though I paid for it it was kind of a birthday gift too.

Your disappointment with him from day one prevented me from buying him, so
there's that...

He's too big to keep if you don't want him. I love my G1 Fort Max, and
nothing about this one seemed better.

> I don't know why I'm keeping Sentinel Prime. I couldn't bring myself to
> buy Astrotrain and have no idea why so many people are drooling over it
> so much. Galvatron is decentish, the ship mode not terrible and having joints is nice.

Sentinel Prime is nice if you like orange. Astrotrain is adequate, I guess,
but when we are getting such amazing G1 homages, he is really lacking.

Galvatron is a toy where the Japanese release is surprisingly better,
despite just being different colors. There are a lot of cheap feeling
things with the mold (flaps that don't go anywhere in some modes, for
instance, and the mask), and Hasbro's fewer paint operations just make it
feel worse. I wouldn't recommend hunting it down, necessarily, but I was
drooling over it despite having and kind of disliking the Hasbro version,
and I don't regret it. Or I just got my disappointment out of the way, and
was able to enjoy the mold the second time.

> Triggerhappy is absolute;y perfect. I finally foun one and love it. It's
> the best part of the entire line.

I completely agree. Great toy, and such a beautiful blue with a hint of
purple.

> Sharkticon Gnaw is a lot of fun. The ball joints are a bit annoying as
> they move too easily. I wish it was some kind of ratcheting joints. Also
> the mini shark-arms have an oval shape at the base that onlhy look right
> on the body at a specific angle. I miss them being round and matching up
> to the arms at any angle.

Not loving Gnaw. Not disliking him or anything, he's just kind of there,
taking up space.

--
I wish I was a mole in the ground.

banzait...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2017, 11:38:15 PM3/30/17
Did u really sell it?

Zobovor

Mar 31, 2017, 12:34:50 AM3/31/17
On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:09:24 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> Ever been so unenthused by a toy after being so excited to get it originally?

I tend to think I've learned to manage my expectations better than when I was a kid. Most of the time, I know what I'm getting into. I researched Fortress Maximus enough to know that he was a heavily-remolded Metroplex, but despite already knowing this, I was pretty non plussed with him. (Cerebros is really cool, though. I loved him in "The Rebirth" and I like having a toy of him with a cartoon accurate face sculpt.)

> I couldn't bring myself to buy Astrotrain and have no idea why so many people
> are drooling over it so much.

Unfortunately, it's such a far cry from the original version. I would have accepted a departure from the norm if he'd gotten some really good vehicle modes, but his shuttle mode is flat and ugly, and his train mode is ugly and ugly. I really do think a "G1 with ball joints" approach would have worked better in his case.

Zob (ironic that the biggest Titans Return toy is also the biggest failure)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Mar 31, 2017, 9:46:53 PM3/31/17
On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 11:34:50 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:09:24 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
>
> > Ever been so unenthused by a toy after being so excited to get it originally?
>
> I tend to think I've learned to manage my expectations better than when I was a kid. Most of the time, I know what I'm getting into. I researched Fortress Maximus enough to know that he was a heavily-remolded Metroplex, but despite already knowing this, I was pretty non plussed with him. (Cerebros is really cool, though. I loved him in "The Rebirth" and I like having a toy of him with a cartoon accurate face sculpt.)

I knew it was a heavily remolded Metroplex, but since I didn't get Metroplex I thought it would be ok. I didn't realize how many features would be copletely neutered for the ft max look. The ramps were moved to the proper place, but only half, so they don't unfold to be useful, the legs don't fold up like ft max or unfold like Metroplex. They took off the Metroplex leg wheels to add little brackets with Ft Max wheels that hold the legs closed. I suppose I could take the brackets off each time but it is not easy.

> > I couldn't bring myself to buy Astrotrain and have no idea why so many people
> > are drooling over it so much.
>
> Unfortunately, it's such a far cry from the original version. I would have accepted a departure from the norm if he'd gotten some really good vehicle modes, but his shuttle mode is flat and ugly, and his train mode is ugly and ugly. I really do think a "G1 with ball joints" approach would have worked better in his case.
>

> Zob (ironic that the biggest Titans Return toy is also the biggest failure)

I went to two stores in the area, one offered me $100 cash and $30 store credit, the other offered me $75 cash and $75 store credit.

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Mar 31, 2017, 9:50:16 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 8:46:53 PM UTC-5, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:
> On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 11:34:50 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
>
> I went to two stores in the area, one offered me $100 cash and $30 store credit, the other offered me $75 cash and $75 store credit.

Also one store offered me $75 and a Hexatron, or 3rd party Sixxshot with a ton of extras and taller than the G1. I think it looks better than TR Sixshot.

Zobovor

Mar 31, 2017, 10:47:33 PM3/31/17
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 7:46:53 PM UTC-6, Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People. wrote:

> I went to two stores in the area, one offered me $100 cash and $30 store
> credit, the other offered me $75 cash and $75 store credit.

Are these, like, second-hand shops? The first offer seems like the better deal to me.

Zob (store credit only has value if they actually have something you want to buy)

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Mar 31, 2017, 11:49:20 PM3/31/17
They are first and second hand toy and collectible shops

If I put it on Ebay I could possibly get $150-200 but it's opened, and I'd have to ship this behemoth.

banzait...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2017, 8:44:49 PM4/25/17
Is she gone?

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

Apr 25, 2017, 9:34:29 PM4/25/17
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 7:44:49 PM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is she gone?

I got caught up yelling at the state for fucking up my 2014 taxes again, so I've been a tad busy.

banzait...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2017, 10:01:22 PM4/25/17
Ugh. That sounds terrible. Sorry man

Irrellius Spamticon of the Potato People.

May 11, 2017, 12:34:23 PM5/11/17
On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 9:01:22 PM UTC-5, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> Ugh. That sounds terrible. Sorry man

Now that the state is off my back, were you wanting to make an offer?

banzait...@gmail.com

May 11, 2017, 8:47:13 PM5/11/17
Oh, sorry man... I was just curious. I have the sdcc version and have been mildly happy with him, after buying an aftermarket blaster. I was more curious to see if you could actually part with one of your toys. I have never been able to. I really need to sell mine, including some plasma. I just had another major car repair, whivih has brought my 5 month total of car repairs to over $5,000. Yes, $5,000.

- Banzaitron

Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

May 12, 2017, 2:17:07 AM5/12/17
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 5:47:13 PM UTC-7, banzait...@gmail.com wrote:
> Oh, sorry man... I was just curious. I have the sdcc version and have been mildly happy with him, after buying an aftermarket blaster. I was more curious to see if you could actually part with one of your toys. I have never been able to. I really need to sell mine, including some plasma. I just had another major car repair, whivih has brought my 5 month total of car repairs to over $5,000. Yes, $5,000.

You never know how much money you will end up spend going into one of those things. Maybe you're done with car repairs? Maybe?

A couple of years ago, I spent close to $3,000 on a cat. You would think that I would have ended up with an amazing cat, of the highest quality, but no, it was the same cat I always had, just minus an eye, and now only able to eat expensive food.

As cats go, she's a fine cat, but there's also a perfectly adequate cat that wanders the neighborhood, and that one would be free.